Author Topic: Adorable Game of Mafia (Everyone wins!)  (Read 61270 times)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: Adorable Game of Mafia (Day 1 start. FROLIC)
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 12:56:40 AM »
So it's better for a completely new guy who hasn't gotten anything to work with to just cover his eyes and pick one lynch victim besides himself at random? k.
Also, as I said, I forgot about replacements. All the reaction people had were talking about whether to modkill me or not, and it's perfectly normal for just about anyone to want a more competent player in play.

Random.org time: ##Vote: IHNN.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 01:00:22 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote Raitaki

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 01:02:49 AM »
##Unvote
Vote Raitaki

Appeasement

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 01:07:42 AM »
Vote Count: KAWAII DESU UGUU edition

PX (1): Kilgamayan
Raitaki (4): huh what, NekoNekoRex, Omba, PX
huh what (1): Serela

You have some large amount of hours remaining.  With 12 in play, it takes 7 votes to launch.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 01:16:37 AM »
##Great Content Guys: Omba, PX
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 01:17:09 AM »
Explain.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 01:21:12 AM »
@Omba: Here's an example of "not making a vote-only post and contributing actual content"

@Raitaki
We're kind of mid RVS, but that's no reason to blatantly point it out and and pull another random vote out of your ass while sounding serious.
Also drop the "pregame reaction" thing already. Nobody cares.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2012, 01:25:26 AM »
More geared/reactionary towards PX then Omba (who's had other posts, looking back), the "lol unexplained vote swtitch" by Omba just jumped out at me and I wanted to note it out.

[edible]Strike 1. <3[/edible]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:32:43 AM by Edible »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2012, 01:27:46 AM »
In addition, you may not post consecutively except to EBWOP, which counts against your word limit!

herp
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:55 AM »
ffff

I thought that it only meant it counted against the post count, not that Post Trains were banned

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2012, 01:29:30 AM »
EBWOP
*word count

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2012, 01:30:54 AM »
I see.
##FoS NekoNekoRex

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2012, 01:34:34 AM »
I see.
##FoS NekoNekoRex
You hear the studio audience applaud!

Any reason?

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2012, 01:41:40 AM »
Yup. PX gave a solid reason for his vote and my reason should be very obvious from the context.
Which makes your corresponding post very urgh.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2012, 02:01:41 AM »
Random.org time: ##Vote: IHNN.
What have I done to warrant this vote?  Was it completely at random?  If so, why not random.org among the players you disagree with/haven't posted?

I know this is your first game and all, but you're really not making a good first impression >.>

Notice to town: we are NOT lynching until there are less than 24 hours left.  We don't want to start D2 as an extension of D1 down 2 players.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »
Why did you feel the need to point this out?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2012, 02:08:34 AM »
Because we have an L-3 wagon already with several players yet to show up.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2012, 02:25:22 AM »
I'd think L-3 is not that uncommon ED1. Have you ever seen a D1 wagon go to lynch this early here?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2012, 02:30:33 AM »
I was a bit too accustomed to having a few players standing around saying little I guess. And atm I don't see anyone worth disagreeing, I can see why I'm being bandwagon'd.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2012, 04:27:45 AM »
##Vote IHNN

#74 is off what with the concern over the one vote and the wagon (at the same time, no less). All the while you're still not using your vote.

Agree that NNR's #64 is out of place. At worst, it's an attempt to derail the wagon. At best, it's a weird jab (do consider that we're only on the third page).

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2012, 04:32:22 AM »
##Vote IHNN

#74 is off what with the concern over the one vote and the wagon (at the same time, no less). All the while you're still not using your vote.
I was trying to find out of there was any reason for the vote other than randomness, I don't see a problem with not wanting D1 to end after <6 hours, if you read everything you'd see my vote is still on Pesco (who hasn't shown up yet but I assume that's because timezones).

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 04:40:38 AM »
'Using' your vote figuratively, as in pursuing your suspects with it. We're out of RVS, why are you holding onto your RVS vote?

What made you think the day would end after 6 hours?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 04:42:49 AM »
Because I've never seen a wagon that large form that early.
I haven't switched votes because of the aforementioned not wanting to see the day end early, and also because Pesco has done nothing to warrant moving the vote (he's also done nothing to warrant keeping it there, and nothing at all)

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »
I've seen a wagon blow to L-1 quicker than this wagon. Funny enough, it was mine :/

That said, if you didn't want the wagon to grow larger you could have looked at other people and look there for someone to vote instead of hanging on your RVS vote.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012, 04:53:26 AM »
##Vote: Pesco
I have discovered the things in my hair are actually dead rabbit heads. First PM Mind Hax I'M ONTO YOU EDIBLE!

The difference between then and now is that it wasn't an open setup.  Additionally reaction testing before the game even begins is striking the wrong chord with me.  Oh the irony of banning LLD only to get a player that, so far, seems to play exactly like her.
This kind of thing is emotionally hateful. He doesn't even know who LLD is, why would you bring this up other then to affect everyone else's mob lynch globes? Why does reaction testing before the game begins strike a 'wrong chord' with you? Is it scummy? How? ..And why would you ask someone who said 'random.org' if his vote was random come on. :V
I don't care how "serious" the posts are, there isn't actually much serious for me to do with them. If you haven't noticed, I've rarely been the questioning type in the first place, and I don't really feel like "seriously" pursuing something that's in actuality nothing. While acting like that is sure to help RVS end quick, I'm not good at faking conviction. If you don't believe me look at the last couple of times I was scum. >.>
This is :goodposting: especially for a Serela.
##Unvote
##Vote Serela

Liking this policy lynch better now.
..Or it's terrible? Why would you want to policy lynch Serela for that?

@Raitaki
We're kind of mid RVS, but that's no reason to blatantly point it out and and pull another random vote out of your ass while sounding serious.
Also drop the "pregame reaction" thing already. Nobody cares.
If nobody cares then why are you voting him for it? Do you think his insistance on talking about it is scummy or bad?

For once we have a longer Day 1, so I'm gonna enjoy the questioning stage again. B| Be nice to each other. Remember we're looking for scumbags but most of the people here are our colleagues. Voting new people for being new and weird isn't cool.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:18 AM »
That said, if you didn't want the wagon to grow larger you could have looked at other people and look there for someone to vote instead of hanging on your RVS vote.
At the time 3 other people had really been posting a I didn't find anything scummy there.

This kind of thing is emotionally hateful. He doesn't even know who LLD is, why would you bring this up other then to affect everyone else's mob lynch globes? Why does reaction testing before the game begins strike a 'wrong chord' with you? Is it scummy? How? ..And why would you ask someone who said 'random.org' if his vote was random come on. :V
If it comes across that way it wasn't meant that way at all.  The reaction testing in itself isn't inherently scummy, but the way it was went about does feel a bit so.  I'm still willing to chalk it up to noob inexperience/hyperactive play-just wanting to do something big in a "no risk" situation.

The input for random.org-was it between everyone?  Just the people who posted?  Just the people he doesn't find town? etc. etc. etc.

Shadoweh

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 05:08:40 AM »
If it comes across that way it wasn't meant that way at all.  The reaction testing in itself isn't inherently scummy, but the way it was went about does feel a bit so.  I'm still willing to chalk it up to noob inexperience/hyperactive play-just wanting to do something big in a "no risk" situation.

The input for random.org-was it between everyone?  Just the people who posted?  Just the people he doesn't find town? etc. etc. etc.
I agree with the assessment it was noob inexperience/hyperactive play-just wanting to do something big. The thing is scum aren't the ones who get excited in that way. I think, postulate even, that if he were scum he would have been too busy posting excitedly in his FIRST EVAR QT to reaction test in the pre-game, just after receiving his role pm.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 05:17:10 AM »
Raitaki has yet to produce any reads on other players.

IHNN, is Raitaki scum or not? Instead of why Pesco isn't worth unvoting, tell us why Raitaki isn't worth voting over Pesco.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 06:14:48 AM »
Yup. PX gave a solid reason for his vote and my reason should be very obvious from the context.
Which makes your corresponding post very urgh.
Agree that NNR's #64 is out of place. At worst, it's an attempt to derail the wagon. At best, it's a weird jab (do consider that we're only on the third page).
This is why we're having a problem with Mafia. "Context" reasoning is bullshit. If you're going to put a serious vote down, put down some actual reasons on why the player is scummy. The post looks bad, yes, but HOW does it look bad? What makes it scummy? What is the player doing wrong?

Rai is pretty obviously a newb but he's not going to learn any more then we are if you're putting down empty votes.

If nobody cares then why are you voting him for it? Do you think his insistance on talking about it is scummy or bad?
It's pregame garbage and trying to justify or defend it is not worth the hole he'd dig himself into. He'd be better off trying to scumhunt at this point and get in the game.

The difference between then and now is that it wasn't an open setup.  Additionally reaction testing before the game even begins is striking the wrong chord with me.  Oh the irony of banning LLD only to get a player that, so far, seems to play exactly like her.
I agree with Shadoweh that this is pretty awful comparison. There's no need to slander LLD or compare a newbie to her.

I think, postulate even, that if he were scum he would have been too busy posting excitedly in his FIRST EVAR QT to reaction test in the pre-game, just after receiving his role pm.
There's no need to make excuses to get Rai off the hook either, you guys.

Shadoweh

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2012, 06:35:26 AM »
It's pregame garbage and trying to justify or defend it is not worth the hole he'd dig himself into. He'd be better off trying to scumhunt at this point and get in the game.
Yes but how is that scummy? It sounds like he made a mistake and is being stubborn about sticking to it. I'm trying to understand where the transition is between 'it's terrible' and 'it's scummy'. At least the advice is sound. Scumhunting instead of silly gambits and random.org would make people less likely to lynch him for being strange.