Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 9)  (Read 46975 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 9)
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:47 PM »
> "Think about it. The blade slows the disease down, sure. But once my blood starts leaving my body, I imagine the disease starts behaving like any other disease. Which means that all transmission bets are probably off."

>"So you're saying that... this" - she gestures to your blood-slicked leg - "has sentenced us all to die?"

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »
> "I don't think it's quite that contagious. Below deck should probably need to be cleaned sooner rather than later, though. And I'd worry about...Fuuka, wasn't it?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »
> "I don't think it's quite that contagious. Below deck should probably need to be cleaned sooner rather than later, though. And I'd worry about...Fuuka, wasn't it?"

>Her face draws tighter at the mention of her subordinate's name, and her eyes harden. "And what of your 'friends'?" she asks. "Contagion has no respect for loyalties."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »
> "It doesn't. But I didn't plan on bleeding profusely when I came on board. And if it comes time for me to go down in a bloody blaze, I won't be throwing myself at them."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:06:53 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »
What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
We got to keep the sword, and it's obvious we had lost. I was hoping to just get this scene over with without making the crew want to eject us by revealing the blight.
Now I'm going to have to come up with a lie for Miyuki and the others to keep them from throwing us overboard after the pirates are gone. Assuming THEY don't want to throw us overboard now, just to be safe.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »
And they were going to let us keep the sword for how much longer? This was going to come out way or the other, unless you were going to hand over the sword and die in silence.

« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:17 AM »
> "It doesn't. But I didn't plan on bleeding profusely when I came on board. And if it comes time for me to go down in a bloody blaze, I won't be throwing myself at them."

>Ren gives you a long hard look.
>"I think you're lying," she says. "About your contagion or your concern for the rest of the crew, I'm not sure which. If your blood was really that dangerous, you wouldn't be so flippant about spilling it near people you cared about."
>You feel the roped wound tightly up your arms, nearly to your elbows. Your palms are pressed together and then bound as well.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:43 AM »
> "I'm not concerned because I'm in the process of obtaining a cure, and obviously I'll be sharing it with them if any of them somehow get infected. They'll be fine, one way or another."

« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
> "I'm not concerned because I'm in the process of obtaining a cure, and obviously I'll be sharing it with them if any of them somehow get infected. They'll be fine, one way or another."

>"Convenient," Ren says flatly. Her expression looks almost a little... disappointed? "In any case, I think enough's been said and we still have work to do."
>You feel the ropes binding your hands and arms pulled taut and secured. If feels like half of those limbs are encased in a solid cage of rope, and you can barely move anything south of your shoulders. Your singed hand burns where the rope scrapes roughly against it, and you're just glad that your arms themselves are free of major injuries or this would probably be substantially more unpleasant than it already is. The tengu then starts to tie your ankles together. You feel the spear point at your back removed and its bearer walks over in the direction of Chisato and Miyuki.

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »
>Does she still have that kunai in her back?

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
>Does she still have that kunai in her back?

>You can't see her back at the moment, but you don't believe she removed it in the meantime.

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
>"'Work.' Sure. Let's call it that."
>Does it seem like the humans have been furthur hurt?

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:20 AM »
>"'Work.' Sure. Let's call it that."
>Does it seem like the humans have been furthur hurt?

>Well, you could turn and look in their direction. The fact that there's no longer a weapon being held to your back might make this a less hazardous action than before.

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »
>Spare a look behind us. At both the lead pirates' back and our friends.

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »
>Spare a look behind us. At both the lead pirates' back and our friends.

>You twist around and look behind you.
>Chisato and Miyuki are both a short distance back towards the stairs, the latter leaning on the former for support so that she can keep off her injured ankle. Both of them look about as well as can be expected under the circumstances. Chisato looks pissed, though you can also spot an undercurrent of incredulous confusion thrown in your direction. Miyuki, on the other hand, appears more disturbed and uncertain. Her eyes seem to search yours for answers as you look in her direction.
>Standing behind the pair of them is another pirate. Though winged, she could not be mistaken for a tengu even for a moment. Her hair is a brilliant red and her wings fade from the same shade into a band of yellow and then a vivid blue; the effect is quite striking. In contrast to her plumage, she is garbed in a partially-open black longcoat over a simple white shirt. She is wielding a pair of hand crossbows, one leveled at each of her two captives. Her expression is serious, though there is an odd tinge to its aspect that is hard to read.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2012, 03:42:53 AM »
> Look up at the non-tengu with an eyebrow raised.

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2012, 03:44:43 AM »
>Give Chisato a look that says 'We damn sure tried.'

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2012, 03:51:14 AM »
> Look up at the non-tengu with an eyebrow raised.

>You look at the bird youkai with a raised eyebrow. She flashes you a curious grin.
>"Don't take it personally," she says in Murasa's voice. "You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, yeah?"

>Give Chisato a look that says 'We damn sure tried.'

>You try to convey this sentiment to Chisato as best you can, without words, though the youkai's mimicry of her captain seems to have incensed her anew - you're not sure how well she picked up on it.

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
>"Cute."

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2012, 05:11:01 AM »
>"Cute."

>The youkai smiles at you briefly, then steps aside as the spear-wielding tengu reaches Chisato and Miyuki, and starts to bind them as well.
>Once your own ankles are bound tight enough to nearly cut off your circulation, the tengu behind grabs your tail and ties it uncomfortably to the side of your leg, securing it in enough places to prevent most movement from it. The rope here digs into you in a considerably more unpleasant way than your other limbs, and your captor clearly isn't concerned with your comfort.
>Ishi starts to stir again during this procedure, and Ren bring another length of rope over to restrain her. The kappa takes this rather less well than the rest of you, kicking the tengu as she nears and then headbutting her arm, all the while shouting a torrent of... something or other; her words are muffled to incoherence beneath her gag, but her spirit is unmistakable. Ren eventually settles for holding her upside down as she binds her ankles, but Ishi tries to swing herself at the tengu like an angry pendulum. This is about as effective as one would expect, which is to say: not at all. The tengu's arm span is so much longer than the furious mechanic's that she can't even reach her, though this hardly stops her from trying. Even after being tied and set back down again, Ishi starts to roll after the pirate and headbutt her ankles.
>Ren looks down at her. "What are you hoping to accomplish, kappa?"
>Ishi's reply is as incomprehensible as everything else that's come out of her mouth lately.
>The last of your bindings finished, the tengu behind gives you a shove and there's little you can do in your current state to keep from falling on top of the blue-haired spitfire. She lets out the nearest approximation of an 'oof' and then starts squirming beneath you. Ren throws the other tengu a glare.

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2012, 05:27:11 AM »
>Try to maneuver off the diminutive kappa, or at least get to a more comfortable position for her and us.

« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2012, 05:35:34 AM »
>Try to maneuver off the diminutive kappa, or at least get to a more comfortable position for her and us.

>You try to hoist yourself upright, and actually manage to mostly succeed at this, though you nearly topple backwards in the process. Moving in this fashion draws renewed pain from your stab wound, but you manage to stifle the groan you felt like making; the less these pirates hear of that, the better.
>Ren picks the kappa up by her arms, and holds her far enough to away to ward off her continued ineffectual blows. "It's in the best interest of everyone here, including yourself, that you settle down."

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2012, 05:56:15 AM »
>Smile at Ishi's efforts.
>"There's not a drop of quit in that one."

« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2012, 06:08:23 AM »
>Smile at Ishi's efforts.
>"There's not a drop of quit in that one."

>You smile at the kappa's seemingly boundless enthusiasm.
>Ren frowns at Ishi. "You're not helping anyone by this."
>"Just tie her to the struts," the bird youkai says. "Bring the rest of them over there, and then we can get back below."

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2012, 06:12:11 AM »
>"Why do you even care?"

« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
>"Why do you even care?"

>"About what?" the bird youkai asks.

« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2012, 06:17:03 AM »
>"Not you, voicebox, her." Jerk our head towards Ren and look at her. "I can buy you caring about your own, that's natural. But why do you pretend to care about your victims? Or are we special, somwhow?"

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
>"Not you, voicebox, her." Jerk our head towards Ren and look at her. "I can buy you caring about your own, that's natural. But why do you pretend to care about your victims? Or are we special, somwhow?"

>"What's the point of making someone suffer for its own sake?" Ren answers. "I don't hate any of you, even after what you did. I understand why. I just wish it could have been avoided."
>She sighs and turns to the bird youkai. "Speaking of which, did they manage to save the Bunbunmaru?"
>"After a fashion," she replies with a shrug. "The hull's a wreck - maybe fixable, maybe not. We lost one of the wings, and probably a bunch of other parts. We got everyone got out alive, though."
>Ren breathes a small sigh of relief and nods. The copycat turns towards towards Ishi. "You shouldn't have done that, you know. We only came here for one thing, but now you're gonna have to cough up a whole lot more to make up for that."
>"Serves ya right," Chisato spits.
>"And it's not my fault if-" the youkai's voice morphs into the insubordinate tengu's again "-some people have poor temper control."

« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2012, 06:41:42 AM »
>There was another ship out there close to us, wasn't there? How's it look?

« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2012, 06:45:24 AM »
>There was another ship out there close to us, wasn't there? How's it look?

>There was another ship near the Blue Maiden when last you were on deck, but at the moment, you can only see the one.