Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)  (Read 49310 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2011, 02:54:02 AM »
>"There may not be a BIG rush, it depends on how long it takes me to track Lunasa down. If they're not here, I assume they'd be out in the fields, or the forest, somewhere?"

>"They might be," she says. "I know there were doing some scouting and trying to co-ordinate people, but I don't know the details. Most of the cattle's been pulled out of the fields and housed as best it can be. No one wants to be using feed in the summer if they don't have to, of course, but it's better than having half your herd eaten or being caught along with them. What happened to you drove the danger home to a lot of people who'd otherwise probably still be out there."

>"Where wouldn't happen to be anywhere, where defense of the town if coordinated or something would there? if i can't find the sisters it be the best place to ask after."

>"I'm not sure, sorry. You might try out by the pastures, though. Unzan has been keeping watch on the area, and would have been them if they've been through there lately."

« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2011, 03:10:34 AM »
>"Didn't come here to scare a lot of people, but I suppose scared's better than some of the alternatives."
>"But before that, there is something that occured to me back at Ichirin's. It might be a longshot, but asking couldn't hurt. This sword is what's keeping the blight at bay, we're clear on that. But is there some way I could... internalize that force? Take it within myself?"

« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2011, 03:25:36 AM »
>"Didn't come here to scare a lot of people, but I suppose scared's better than some of the alternatives."
>"But before that, there is something that occured to me back at Ichirin's. It might be a longshot, but asking couldn't hurt. This sword is what's keeping the blight at bay, we're clear on that. But is there some way I could... internalize that force? Take it within myself?"

>"In this case, I'd definitely say caution is better than being in harm's way."
>"I, um..." She looks a little taken aback. "I'm not sure exactly. I don't think so... not in the way you mean, anyway. But there might be some way to draw upon it more directly, touch it more deeply than simply holding it.... At least it might be possible." Then she shakes her head. "But I don't think that you could do it."
>"Uh- I didn't mean that as an insult," she says, quickly waving her hands. "Please don't take it the wrong way. But I think it would require someone very in-tune with this kind of spirituality."

« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2011, 03:30:33 AM »
>Never have been big on faith, have we?
>Wave a hand casually.
>"No worries. So it depends on the person trying it, rather than the nature of the faith in question?"

« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2011, 03:35:51 AM »
>Never have been big on faith, have we?
>Wave a hand casually.
>"No worries. So it depends on the person trying it, rather than the nature of the faith in question?"

>Not really, no.
>You wave a hand dismissively. Minoriko seems to ease a little.
>"Well, it would probably take someone of exceptional skill to do what you mean," she says. "I'm not even sure it could work, but it may at least be possible."

« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2011, 03:47:30 AM »
>"So someone would have to do it themselves? I mean, just for the sake of arguement, if you knew how to do this, you wouldn't be able to do it for me, I'd have to do it myself."

« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2011, 03:59:27 AM »
>"So someone would have to do it themselves? I mean, just for the sake of arguement, if you knew how to do this, you wouldn't be able to do it for me, I'd have to do it myself."

>"I'm not so sure of that," she says. "If someone could channel it, maybe... it might be possible. But I couldn't do it. Gods can't draw upon other sources of spirituality like that. That's a priestess's domain. And before you ask, Ichirin did already have one look at you while you were unconscious. I imagine it was beyond anything she could do, as well."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:01:05 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2011, 04:13:33 AM »
>"That doesn't mean there's not a priestess out there that can't do it with this sword. I just means I have to find one connected to the spirituality of this sword. Don't suppose you'd know of one, would you?"

« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2011, 04:15:55 AM »
>"That doesn't mean there's not a priestess out there that can't do it with this sword. I just means I have to find one connected to the spirituality of this sword. Don't suppose you'd know of one, would you?"

>"I'm afraid not," she says, shaking her head.

« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2011, 04:34:12 AM »
>"Well, it's still something, in case Rinnosuke can't come up with anything more direct."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 04:42:21 AM by Old Man Sour »

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2011, 04:41:58 AM »
here a question.

>"...exactly how strong is this sword? I know its old, i know its protecting me and could face the spider, and probably diminished since it was made. However you said it was strong, any way you could describe HOW strong?"
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2011, 04:59:06 AM »
>"Well, it's still something, in case Rinnosuke can't come up with anything more direct."

>She nods. "It may be, yes. I don't want to plant false hopes, but... there may be someone out there who can make use of it in that way."

>"...exactly how strong is this sword? I know its old, i know its protecting me and could face the spider, and probably diminished since it was made. However you said it was strong, any way you could describe HOW strong?"

>"I'm not sure it's something I can really put into words," she says. "Could you say exactly how strong something smelled? The power in it is old, and the fact that it's still this clear after what must be many hundreds of years is telling. It is enduring. Maybe it was stronger once - I couldn't really say for sure - but I would expect it to still resonate strongly after yet more centuries."

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2011, 05:16:46 AM »
I got nothing left to ask. anyone else?
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."

« Reply #253 on: September 29, 2011, 05:16:51 AM »
>"Heh. Suppose even my nose isn't quite that good. I can tell ya when an egg's gone rotten, and from pretty far away, but not exactly how many of em have turned."
>If we're not standing, stand.
>"I suppose I'd best be off for now, then. See if I can track down my fellow Seeker."

« Reply #254 on: September 29, 2011, 05:33:52 AM »
>"Heh. Suppose even my nose isn't quite that good. I can tell ya when an egg's gone rotten, and from pretty far away, but not exactly how many of em have turned."
>If we're not standing, stand.
>"I suppose I'd best be off for now, then. See if I can track down my fellow Seeker."

>"I suppose that may be one way of putting it," she says, screwing up her face a little.
>You stand up again.
>She nods. "Good luck to you. Make sure not to forget to stop back here before you leave town."

« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2011, 05:44:04 AM »
>"Count on it."
>She suggested the pastures, so let's head in that direction.

« Reply #256 on: September 29, 2011, 06:12:06 AM »
>"Count on it."
>She suggested the pastures, so let's head in that direction.

>Minoriko gives you a warm smile. "Then I'll be seeing you later this afternoon."
>You turn and leave the room, Minoriko following behind and locking the door after you. Then you take your leave and make your way out of the Harvest's Bounty.
>Or rather, make it partway to the door before a rather sardonic-looking red-garbed figure steps inside. She eyes you narrowly once she notices you.
>"I see you're back on your feet again," Lyrica says.

« Reply #257 on: September 29, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
>Lyrica. Well, that's in the ballpark.
>"I don't stay down that easy. But this is good timing. I was just about to go looking for your sister. Ichirin mentioned that Lunasa wanted a word with me?"

« Reply #258 on: September 29, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »
>Lyrica. Well, that's in the ballpark.
>"I don't stay down that easy. But this is good timing. I was just about to go looking for your sister. Ichirin mentioned that Lunasa wanted a word with me?"

>Definitely getting warmer.
>"Yeah, pretty much," she says dryly. "Wanted to wait and hear what you'd seen before any of us set foot in that place, given what shape you came out of it in. Can't say I was in a hurry to convince her otherwise. She's having a meeting in the village hall with some of the farmers now, if you wanted to go fill her in some."

« Reply #259 on: September 29, 2011, 06:58:08 AM »
>"Sensible way to go about it, too. Care to join us? Save your sister having to fill you in later."

« Reply #260 on: September 29, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »
>"Sensible way to go about it, too. Care to join us? Save your sister having to fill you in later."

>She stares at you flatly for a moment. "Why do you think I'm here instead of there?"

« Reply #261 on: September 29, 2011, 07:10:00 AM »
>"I'll take that as a yes?"

« Reply #262 on: September 29, 2011, 07:17:46 AM »
>"I'll take that as a yes?"

>Lyrica's mouth hangs open just a little and her eyes narrow; you have a hard time interpreting the expression as anything other than an aspersion on your intelligence.
>"I'm tired and hungry and she's fussing with logistics," she replies. "She can tell me whatever she thinks is important later. She'll repeat it anyway, don't you worry."

« Reply #263 on: September 29, 2011, 07:20:50 AM »
>Twitch.
>"Suit yourself."
>To the village hall, and (hopefully) the less ornery sister.

« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2011, 07:32:39 AM »
>Twitch.
>"Suit yourself."
>To the village hall, and (hopefully) the less ornery sister.

>You twitch. Snarky little...
>"Glad you're doing ok, anyway," she says, moving off towards a table. "Go knock yourself out at the meeting."
>You leave and make the short trip to the village hall. Most of the posters from the concert are still arrayed along its walls, though the ones by the front doors (and thus the easiest to reach) seem to have been removed by now.

« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2011, 07:43:11 AM »
>Pity we missed the show. Have to catch them the next time we're in the same town they're in.
>Enter the hall, and listen for sounds of conversation, or look about for Lunasa if no obvious signs of her present themselves.

« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »
>Pity we missed the show. Have to catch them the next time we're in the same town they're in.
>Enter the hall, and listen for sounds of conversation, or look about for Lunasa if no obvious signs of her present themselves.

>It certainly would have been a more pleasant diversion than dying with a fever on the forest floor... And though you haven't heard them play very often, there's absolutely no doubting they're very good at what they do.
>You step into the hall and look around for sounds of conversation. It doesn't take very long to locate a gathering and.... yes, that's Lunasa's voice. It seems to be coming from a small meeting room down the corridor to your right.

« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »
Before I forget, I gotta note: We still haven't received our payment for the job we came here for in the first place. One of us'll have to remember that when we see Ichirin again.

>Go the the small meeting room down the corridor to your right.
>If the door's closed, knock and announce ourselves.
>If it's open, stick our head in and announce ourselves.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:11:25 AM by Old Man Sour »

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
(not to sound bad but umm.. we going get an update soon? <_< i really want continue)

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »
(Be patient. DracoOmega has a life outside of the internet, you know.)