Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)  (Read 48119 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 5)
« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
One wonders if Nazrin might not consider this blackmail?

« Reply #991 on: October 29, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »
I do not take your meaning. Clarify, please.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #992 on: October 29, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
"I am dying."
"Give me mad bank or I will purposefully let you die when I have the means to prevent it."

Seems like blackmail to me!

« Reply #993 on: October 29, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »
Well put. And that's assuming she even CAN cure this, which I still doubt.
All the more reason why we ought to wish her well, and take leave of her. Either that or mug her and rob the place, but either way, no way we should drop that kinda scratch here.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #994 on: October 29, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
I recommend the stress-snapped angle!

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #995 on: October 29, 2011, 04:50:13 PM »
Hold on. Even if it is unlikely, an option is an option. I'd recommend we say that we'll consider her offer, then look around to see if we can't find a better one.

« Reply #996 on: October 30, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
I suppose it's not IMpossible that missy here may be our one shot here. I'm still banking on something coming out of our meeting with Keine tomorrow, but if that doesn't pan out, I supoose we shouldn't burn our bridges behind us. At least not at this point.

>Twitch.
>But take a moment to ponder nonetheless. On the one hand, 's a lot of money. On the other hand, might save us. On the other other hand, she might simply be trying to take us, and we hate paying for something that's at best a 'maybe', especially from a source we barely know.
>"Thank you for the offer. I'll take it under consideration. I still have some more information to gather first, you understand."
>When she's not looking at us, glance around the place to see what of value's in sight.

« Reply #997 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:00 AM »
>Twitch.
>But take a moment to ponder nonetheless. On the one hand, 's a lot of money. On the other hand, might save us. On the other other hand, she might simply be trying to take us, and we hate paying for something that's at best a 'maybe', especially from a source we barely know.
>"Thank you for the offer. I'll take it under consideration. I still have some more information to gather first, you understand."
>When she's not looking at us, glance around the place to see what of value's in sight.

>You twitch. The woman's demeanor doesn't leave you particularly enamored of her, and you find yourself unconvinced that she has a real answer when everyone else so far has been utterly stymied. And it'll cost you plenty, either way. That being said, she clearly has at least some skill in this art and the man who directed you here seemed educated and well-meaning, even if her work is outside his domain. It may be a solid chunk of change, but money's not much good to you if you're dead....
>"I'm sure I don't need to impress upon you that time is of the essence in this matter," she says. "It will take at least a few days to craft the counter-magics, and I cannot begin without your cooperation. I do not mean to speak vainly, but I assure you that no one else in Braston is capable of this. Still, I understand your position," she adds, softening just a little. "You are a Seeker, after all. Searching is a way of life for your kind, and it is not within my right to gainsay you this. I ask simply that you do not put yourself in further harm because of it."
>She has been keeping a fairly sharp eye on you nearly the entire time you've been here, but you've managed to discretely appraise some of the room nonetheless. It is a relatively small space, fairly clearly designed to see customers. There are several display shelves stocked with a variety of small bottles and decanters containing liquids in an array of colors. Many appear to be labeled, though you're too far away to read any of them. No doubt they are responsible for some of the jumble of pungent smells in this place, though you suspect there are more active reactions occurring elsewhere in the building. Aside from the potions, there is also a small assortment of what you believe are minor magical trinkets, perhaps another form of remedy or a sort of charm to ward against disease. You can judge only by the woman's words and her line of work: in truth, they could probably be designed for any number of completely different purposes and you wouldn't be able to tell without some investigation. Your treasure sense buzzes faintly from the environment; there are at least a few things of some value nearby, though nothing strikes it sharply.

« Reply #998 on: October 30, 2011, 03:15:42 AM »
>Hm. Maybe she ain't so bad. Either that, or she knows how to play folks. But we'll keep her in mind if our other leads dry up.
>"Well, I thank you for your time. And your concern, as well, I appreciate it."
>Assuming she doesn't stop us, depart and continue running down leads.

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #999 on: October 30, 2011, 03:16:38 AM »
>Speaking of lead, pop a cap in Orange

« Reply #1000 on: October 30, 2011, 03:32:03 AM »
>How many guilders do we currently have?
>Revive Orange with the power of LOVE.
>Pull Lancer down from the sky and ravish her.

« Reply #1001 on: October 30, 2011, 04:16:53 AM »
>Speaking of lead, pop a cap in Orange

>You quickly scoop up a lead-sealed bottle from the shelf and give it a vigorous shake, the liquid within roiling and fizzing.
>"Hey, Naz, I was just- bwah!"
>An explosive reaction from within the bottle sends the stopper flying free with a loud popping sound. It strikes your poor unfortunate friend right between the eyes, sending her toppling backwards and onto the floor in typical spastic fashion.

>Revive Orange with the power of LOVE.

>Thinking quickly (or perhaps not at all), you grab a second bottle labeled 'LOVE' and dump the contents into Orange's mouth in one go, in the hope that it will revive her. She starts coughing.
>"You simpleton!" the proprietor cries, rushing over to you. "Do you have any idea what you've done?!"
>Orange's eyes glaze over and she looks up at you dreamily.
>"Oh Nazrin..." she says, her voice languid. "Oh, my dear sweat Nazrin, whose face even even angels would weep at the beauty of. If I am to die here, I will have lived more for each moment I have spent in your presence than whole lifetimes spent without. I ask only that, unworthy as I am to gaze upon you, you permit me to stay with you until that end."

>Pull Lancer down from the sky and ravish her.

>Unfortunately, the power of Gae Inbh?artach has launched Lancer beyond the furthest reaches of the sky. You're on your own with this mess. Or, uh, perhaps not quite on your own if those hands clasped fast around yours have anything to say about it. Oh dear lord...