Author Topic: Updates coming to the Touhou Fanwork Guidelines  (Read 6829 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Updates coming to the Touhou Fanwork Guidelines
« on: December 02, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
In a special episode of Nicovideo's Touhou Station, ZUN revealed more information about the changes coming to the guidelines.

- Individuals can upload games to Steam, but they would be responsible for everything involved with selling on Steam (as if it were their own original game, supposedly)
- Should they go through a publisher endorsed by Team Shanghai Alice, that would mean the publisher would handle all of the dirty work (and you would have the privilege of paying ZUN royalties) but since the decision would lie with the publisher(s), not all games can take this route.
- In the case of selling fan games in places besides Steam, that would be OK if done as a circle and as individual games. However, he does not want collections of games uploaded if done as an enterprise or as a personal project. Moreover, the circle would have to handle any problems that occur by themselves.
- As for selling non-game content on digital stores, he hasn't made it that far yet but he knows it needs consideration.

Since the archive can only be seen if you have a Nico Premium account, I found a site that has some screenshots of the slides in question: http://blog.livedoor.jp/waremokou686/archives/5463399.html

There was also an announcement that Unties, a new company started by Sony to sell indie games on consoles, has announced a partnership with Play Doujin and they'll be publishing some stuff on Switch pretty soon.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:02:35 PM by N-Forza »

Re: Updates coming to the Touhou Fanwork Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »
Interesting. Does this also include mobile platforms or are those still forbidden?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
- In the case of selling fan games in places besides Steam, that would be OK if done as a circle and as individual games. However, he does not want collections of games uploaded if done as an enterprise or as a personal project.
Hmm... I'm afraid I don't quite get what this means. Does "collections" mean bundles? And what makes a circle a circle?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:23:23 PM by niektory »

Drake

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:01 PM »
STEAMで東方二次創作ゲームを配信をする場合
・個人でSTEAMにソフトウェアを登録して販売を行う。
  利点:自分たちの手で全てを行うことができる。
  欠点:自分たちで全てを処理しなければならない。
    (日本や海外の税金についての対応、Valve社への書類提出 などなど)
・上海アリス幻樂団から許可を受けたパブリッシャーさんが、
 STEAMにソフトを展開していく。
  利点:面倒な事務手続きはパブリッシャーさんが対応してくれます。
  利点:ZUNさんに支払いがあります。(パブリッシャーさんが支払います)
  欠点:パブリッシャーさんの都合で要求が通らないことがあるかもしれません。

STEAM以外での東方二次創作ゲームの配信について
・サークルが個々に配信を登録してください。
・企業・個人を問わずとりまとめて登録・配信することはやめてください。
・発生したトラブルは全て自己責任で。

ゲーム以外のコネテンツのダウンロード配信は?
・まだしばらくお待ち下さい。

Transcription of the relevant slides.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:57:29 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

N-Forza

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 03:34:38 AM »
I'm not sure what he meant by "collections" either. Probably trying to preclude something like a fan game-centered humble bundle sort of thing?

Drake

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 06:41:39 AM »
He might explain it more in the show but lol who has premium rite

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

N-Forza

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:54:08 AM »
I actually watched it live but my memory is a little vague. I don't think he actually expounded upon things all that much in any case.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »
Interesting. Does this also include mobile platforms or are those still forbidden?
Probably not allowed? I think mobile gaming over in Japan still has what we could refer to as the loot box stench and might work against something like that.