Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 233182 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: May 21, 2018, 12:19:34 AM »
>You are Lily Humboldt!  Magus of Calumet City and a Master in a very unusual Grail War.
>Your Servant is Robin Hood -AHEM- Robin Wood, who is of the Archer Class. The two of you have gotten along well so far. You have met or at least heard of several other Servants in the Calumet City thus far, which is curious because as near as you can tell, the Grail is actually someplace in Delaware. That it's even on this continent is strange enough... Your servant has encountered Berserker, and the two of you decided to leave him be. You have had a battle with Rider; who turned out to be Henry Ford under the command of none other than Charles Koch; and came out victorious. More distressingly, you have also met Assassin, whom you have identified as Gavrilo Princip. He took to killing Charles himself, employing a Noble Phantasm that apparently strikes at the world order itself.
>Thankfully, the police didn't batter down your door that night as you slept, and even more thankfully Assassin was nowhere to be seen. Instead, you made your way out of Illinois while the nation went more and more insane in the wake of the murder of a highly influential billionaire. Passing through Indiana, you encountered Lancer and his Master, a Native America woman named Kimimela. Your meeting was tense, but ended somewhat peacefully, until Berserker showed up and you left them there to deal with it. After overnighting in the soulless husk of the eastern-most midwest, you make your way through the Appalachian Mountains and encountered another master, this one with a servant whose class didn't fit any of the ones that you expected. Just contemplating his information gave you a sense of disquiet. This time, things broke down and you ended up taking a more lethal solution to deal with things.
>Finally, you managed to reach your goal of Delaware, and had a reasonably peaceful and restful night. You then moved on to the Rehoboth area, where the sensation of the grail is strongest. You patrolled the area, found a reasonably secluded place to camp, and managed to find the Overseer, who is just about as clueless about the whole thing as you are; you were the first Master that she encountered at all! You managed to locate Caster and his Master, tracing them to a motel, and luring them out to beaches not far from your camp for the showdown, eventually overcoming his wind and mana distortion abilities through the power of screaming really loudly. You managed to part with the master on reasonably amicable terms, and engaged in a magical oddity that seems to break all the known laws.
>You got some rest and have woken up fairly sore. The news is full of even more of the nation going insane. You have been using the morning to take it easy.

> "Much appreciated."
> Plop down and have a seat.

>You have a seat close to Archer. "Feeling any better?" she says, not looking up from her work.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 12:38:24 AM »
> "Kinda stiff, but I'll be alright. More anxious than anything. There are so many things to keep track of, I'm feeling a bit scatterbrained."
> "One thing at a time, I guess. Once Koch's mana battery isn't lighting us up like a christmas tree, I can start thinking about how to use it..."
> "Archer, you don't use much mana at all, do you? You didn't even notice the drain at all last night until you tried to use your noble phantasm."
> "If you had a huge amount of mana, is there anything interesting you could do with it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:39:40 AM »
> "Kinda stiff, but I'll be alright. More anxious than anything. There are so many things to keep track of, I'm feeling a bit scatterbrained."
> "One thing at a time, I guess. Once Koch's mana battery isn't lighting us up like a christmas tree, I can start thinking about how to use it..."
> "Archer, you don't use much mana at all, do you? You didn't even notice the drain at all last night until you tried to use your noble phantasm."
> "If you had a huge amount of mana, is there anything interesting you could do with it?"

>"Probably not, to be honest," she says. "I'm not very...magical in nature, I guess."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 12:51:56 AM »
> "No complaints here, it means I can throw around a lot of magic without worrying about it affecting your abilities."
> "Anyway, there are lots of things I can do with a huge amount of mana. The only problem is that I need time to research them."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:25 AM »
> "No complaints here, it means I can throw around a lot of magic without worrying about it affecting your abilities."
> "Anyway, there are lots of things I can do with a huge amount of mana. The only problem is that I need time to research them."

>"Yeah, that could be difficult," Archer says, as she grabs another split branch and starts to work it in.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »
> We'll idle about until Archer finishes her basket.
> Actually, let's get started on picking out a good mark for Archer to rob.
> We won't settle for just any rich guy in the area - look for big-time assholes, like Church of Scientology or Monsanto execs.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
> We'll idle about until Archer finishes her basket.
> Actually, let's get started on picking out a good mark for Archer to rob.
> We won't settle for just any rich guy in the area - look for big-time assholes, like Church of Scientology or Monsanto execs.

>Finding a mark is a little more difficult than it seems, most rich assholes don't seem to make their addresses particularly public. While Delaware is the sweet-heart incorporation capital of the US, if not the planet, it somehow manages not to have any actual billionaires, the closest you can find is the guy who invented Gore-tex.  However, looking into Scientology does reveal that a particular top level scammer seems to have a bungalow around Rehoboth Canal that they're trying to sell off for 2.4 million. As far as you can tell, they were never successful.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 11:40:16 PM »
> Perfect!
> Actually, wait, the guy probably doesn't just have a stack of cash waiting in there for us to take.
> Finding a fence for stolen goods is probably well outside our field of expertise, and identity theft leaves a paper trail. We'd have to be pretty lucky to actually get any easy money out of it.
> Make a note of the target, we'll consider going after it if we have time.
> Next order of business: get acquainted with the layout of the University of Delaware so we know where to look for the plant. Do they have an agricultural department or something of the sort?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
> Perfect!
> Actually, wait, the guy probably doesn't just have a stack of cash waiting in there for us to take.
> Finding a fence for stolen goods is probably well outside our field of expertise, and identity theft leaves a paper trail. We'd have to be pretty lucky to actually get any easy money out of it.
> Make a note of the target, we'll consider going after it if we have time.
> Next order of business: get acquainted with the layout of the University of Delaware so we know where to look for the plant. Do they have an agricultural department or something of the sort?

>They do seem to have a college of agriculture and natural resources. However, finding a catalogue of what they have is difficult.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 01:18:31 AM »
> What day of the week is it? Are classes going to be in when we show up?

Actually, it may be a good idea for someone else to take over during this segment because I've never been inside a college before and I have no idea what kind of lies would be plausible.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 01:28:55 AM »
> What day of the week is it? Are classes going to be in when we show up?

>...What day is it?
>You check your phone, it's Saturday.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:22 AM »
> "Hmm. Classes won't be in today, I'm not sure if that's good or bad. There'll be less people around, but it'll be harder to explain what we're doing there if anybody asks."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »
> "Hmm. Classes won't be in today, I'm not sure if that's good or bad. There'll be less people around, but it'll be harder to explain what we're doing there if anybody asks."

>"Huh?" say Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 01:58:53 AM »
> "Oh, the Dancing Plant I spotted is at a university. So I think we can stroll right in, but people will be around to ask questions if we do anything suspicious."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 03:28:15 AM »
> "Oh, the Dancing Plant I spotted is at a university. So I think we can stroll right in, but people will be around to ask questions if we do anything suspicious."

>"If you can show me what we need, I can go in there and get it," says Archer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 04:06:07 AM »
> "I suppose that'll work. It's a big building, but I can wait."
> Does the picture on Instagram give any hints as to the plant's surroundings?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 05:31:39 AM »
> "I suppose that'll work. It's a big building, but I can wait."
> Does the picture on Instagram give any hints as to the plant's surroundings?

>It's indoors, and on a wooden table. But otherwise you aren't too sure.

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »
I'm going to put in a vote for hitting the road and driving to the University, or close enough that Archer can scout it out.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 01:28:48 PM »
Yeah, I guess I don't have anything else.

> Idle about and relax for a bit until Archer finishes her basket. Then we'll hit the road.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »
> Idle about and relax for a bit until Archer finishes her basket. Then we'll hit the road.

>You relax a little as Archer works on her basket. It takes her a little bit to finish it, as sunrise gives way to a solid morning.
>"Mind if I keep this in the tent for now?" Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »
> "Sure, why? Does it do something to the basket?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 06:11:18 PM »
> "Sure, why? Does it do something to the basket?"

>"Keeps it dry in case it rains," Archer says. "It's not as likely as yesterday, but I wanna be careful."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 06:22:25 PM »
> "Ohh, right." Go ahead and load the basket into the tent, then get our bag.
> "Okay, guess today's another road trip. Let's get out of town and then find a place for breakfast."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
> "Ohh, right." Go ahead and load the basket into the tent, then get our bag.
> "Okay, guess today's another road trip. Let's get out of town and then find a place for breakfast."

>"That's fine," says Archer as she crawls into the tent, deposits her basket, and gets the bag.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 07:07:36 PM »
> Let's make our way back to our car.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2018, 07:39:24 PM »
> Let's make our way back to our car.

>You make your way back to the car, and are pleased to see it hasn't been impounded or damaged or anything of that nature. There isn't much activity in the little community that you can see; it appears some of the semis have shifted around. Some are gone, new ones have arrived.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 09:24:17 PM »
> "Good, nobody stole our tires. Let's roll."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2018, 10:02:42 PM »
> "Good, nobody stole our tires. Let's roll."

>Archer nods and hops into the passenger seat. "Really looking forward to breakfast," she says. "I've been pleasantly surprised so far."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 12:51:34 AM »
> "Let's see if we can find a breakfast buffet, might as well get our money's worth."
> Hit the road!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 01:09:05 AM »
> "Let's see if we can find a breakfast buffet, might as well get our money's worth."
> Hit the road!

>"I don't know what is, but I like the sound of it," says Archer.
>You hit the road! Where are you going, what are you looking for?

>_