Author Topic: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character  (Read 264323 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です - Double Dealing Character
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2013, 12:01:28 AM »
I just want to see Reimu wielding two machine guns. That was in the select screen, right?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2013, 12:01:38 AM »
My body is not ready.... Touhou 13.5 and 14 on the same day!? I cannot hold this much hype!!

Wondering if there will be returning bosses... I really hope they don't, cuz I would like to see +7 girls
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »
...Do people already seriously have fanart of that boss?
Wow. Just wow. The fandom moves FAST.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2013, 12:06:11 AM »
...Do people already seriously have fanart of that boss?
Wow. Just wow. The fandom moves FAST.

NSFW art appeared less than 10 minutes after Orin was revealed back in 08. Do not underestimate the fanbase.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2013, 12:09:25 AM »
ZUN just had to wait until I'm sick of touhou to do this, naturally. <_<

Looks good so far though, the "1/3" hearts suggest a return from the fake difficulty of TD's easy bullets and low lives. It'd be nice to experience a new game when I feel like playing again.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2013, 12:13:20 AM »
Perhaps so, but who says she has only one type of them?
What's the point of adversely situating your characters if you also give them an easy out?

Wondering if there will be returning bosses... I really hope they don't, cuz I would like to see +7 girls
I do not share this sentiment. Returning characters would be nice.
Wasn't the TD extra stage supposed to have some information about Touhou 14? Something about Nue and Mamizou calling in a rebellion? That sounds interesting.

Also, isn't the Poltergeist's Mansion also a thing? Could the title be referencing that?

Zil

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32:46 AM »
Some things I'm thinking about:

Judging from the screenshots, there appears to be something effecting the point item value other than the presumable +10 for every 10 graze, which is definitely a good sign. However, there doesn't seem to to be anything that modifies it circumstantially, which hasn't been the case since EoSD. (Unless ZUN has removed any indicators from the screenshots.)

The boss's bullets seem to be spawning at the far ends of those lines, rather than near her. I'm suspecting that they might actually be stationary bullets that gradually appear farther away, like Wriggle's "Comet on Earth." Then they burn up like fuses.

There's some kind of wisp on the boss's head. It also seems like Sakuya just died there, but she already collected most of the power items she dropped. I wonder if those two items to the right of the boss came from destroying wisps.

I think the boss has a cape, which means we may have another addition to the cape wearing 2hu club.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2013, 12:35:57 AM »
Orin  :blush:

I really hope... I really really really do...  :ohdear:

I can only dream...
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2013, 12:42:08 AM »
Wooo Sakuya returns! Here's hoping Remilia will also be present in some way! :D

Sorry, I'm just so happy. I can't wait for the demo!
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Formless God

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2013, 12:48:20 AM »
Sakuya's knives are red and blue. Marisa's portrait has red and blue. The flamethrower attack is red. Maybe the mechanics will have something to do with colors?
There's something going on at the bottom right of the Marisa picture.

Imosa

« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2013, 12:53:48 AM »
Sakuya's knives are red and blue. Marisa's portrait has red and blue. The flamethrower attack is red. Maybe the mechanics will have something to do with colors?
There's something going on at the bottom right of the Marisa picture.
2.7%? Maybe it's a % completion with that shot type, and maybe a graphic will be added behind it to make it stand out more.

Speaking of that screen shot, can someone translate it? That could answer some questions of what will be used, if not the default weapons. Also, probably debunk my borrowing idea.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2013, 12:54:44 AM »
The game has a "weapon select" instead of a shot type select. Presumably ties into the plot. Marisa is selecting the Mini-hakkero, which has Illusion Laser unfocused, Hakkero Fire focused, and Dark Spark as its bomb.

Wait what? Inb4 Mima is behind it

Sakuya is back, so ZUN isn't dropping the EoSD cast yet.

Also the plot seems like 13.5 is the end of the Religion Arc.

The plot of 'normally peaceful youkai acting up' makes me wonder if any returning foes will, you know, return.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »
Only three characters.
No Sanae, no Youmu, get Sakuya instead.

Well, at least it didn't turn out to be another phantasmagoria game. Still, now I await touhou 15.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Re: 東方Project 第14弾の情報です
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2013, 01:12:25 AM »
The plot of 'normally peaceful youkai acting up' makes me wonder if any returning foes will, you know, return.

That makes me think the Youkai are making a sort of rebellion. By the way, isn't TD's Extra Stage called "raise the flag of rebellion" and didn't Zun mention that said stage was a hint of how the following game would be like?

Either that or someone somehow is manipulating the "peaceful" youkai's emotions, causing them to become aggressive.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2013, 01:21:57 AM »
Marisa's face on the character select.

I literally choked on the chips I was eating when I saw it.

Zil

« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2013, 01:23:11 AM »
To add to that, Reimu's paper things on her gohei are blue and green on the title screen, and there's a mirror. And the word "shining" in the Japanese title (according to the translation anyway). Does seem like light and colors may be a theme.

(Maybe less relevant, Marisa's flamethrower seems to be making some red, green, and blue swirls when it hits things, and those colors have been associated with lives, bombs, and points before. Not sure if anything can be made from that though.)

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »
My turn.  =)

I do wonder that the whole "weapons going nuts" thing is and if it will have any effect on the gameplay.

From the translation's wording, stage 6 or some point in the game may end up working like the end of stage 5 in IN.

Sakuya's Return could be fun. I did love her shots in PCB (outside of fighting Merlin's first non-spell XD), not so much in IN.

I am gonna wait for the demo instead of trying to speculate if that boss is a returning character or not.  XD

Marisa shooting fire?!?!Game over, I know who I am using forever, though the whole Dark Spark thing has me intrigued. =)

I hope the music's good, I did enjoy Seiga and Miko's themes from the last game but the rest was a bit lacking.

on the one member's comment, please god no Gengetsu. (jk), I've been hit by her RAPE TIME enough as it is today.  XD
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2013, 01:42:03 AM »
Should have been a Phantasmagoria; guess I can throw that theory away. Premise is good, I like the subtitle. Thought the game was going to be about demons from the title, though a double entendre would be easy. Nearly every (other?) post in this topic seems to be trolling in some way.

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2013, 01:48:28 AM »
Should have been a Phantasmagoria;

I'm a little glad it's not a Phantasmagoria. Though, I'll leave it to you to guess why.

Not that I have anything against Phantasmagoria games, it's for a reason that has nothing to do with the games themselves.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »
Should have been a Phantasmagoria

I think Zun has given up on the phantasmagoria games already. Last one was full of bugs... bugs that he didn't even bother to correct.

This is a good thing at least for me, since I never liked any of those games.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Zil

« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2013, 01:54:31 AM »
Every game should have been a phantasmagoria. Unfortunately ZUN fails to realize his own genius.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2013, 02:14:34 AM »
Ta-Dah!

told you she is not Orin but i wonder what will be her official name?

« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
Wow.  I'm off playing on the PS3 and return to find this wonderful gem of news.  Oooh this month is so good both for my real life and my gaming life!

Marisa with a flamethrower amuses me very much.  I always thought she would try to play with Fire magic at some point in time.  Can't wait to see the other weapons for all three characters.  It will be interesting as to how ZUN handles the story with the attacks.

Drake

« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2013, 02:29:47 AM »
I like how the fanart currently draws her with knives when it should be obvious that they're either Sakuya's shots or her "runaway" knife, given Sakuya is shooting at her.

The percentage on character select is probably not clear %, given that 12 is probably the number of plays and 2.2% (or 2.7%) makes no sense. I guessed that it's number of plays and character usage % over all plays.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2013, 02:31:17 AM »
PLAYABLE ICHIRIN PLAYABLE SAKUYA THIS IS BEST MONTH

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2013, 02:34:20 AM »
PLAYABLE ICHIRIN PLAYABLE SAKUYA THIS IS BEST MONTH

yeah

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2013, 02:42:32 AM »
Wait holy fuck

Ichirin's in THIS GAME TOO?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2013, 02:43:18 AM »
I think that's fake, though. It's just Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya. Right?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Imosa

« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2013, 02:45:25 AM »
The percentage on character select is probably not clear %, given that 12 is probably the number of plays and 2.2% (or 2.7%) makes no sense. I guessed that it's number of plays and character usage % over all plays.
I was thinking the percentage was something percentage of spell cards cleared. It's a meter for the completionist. Although, in the end, I think that corner is going to get more work. I think it's going to get a background graphic and other numbers.

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2013, 03:05:11 AM »
I like how the fanart currently draws her with knives when it should be obvious that they're either Sakuya's shots or her "runaway" knife, given Sakuya is shooting at her.
I don't think it's one of Sakuya's knives because if you look at the ones she's throwing, they all have a blue or red tail following them. The one that mystery character X is holding lacks a tail in any way. Furthermore, the angle of the red knife doesn't coincide with any of the other red knives being thrown. The only other red knife that Sakuya is throwing in her general area are flying straight ahead. Finally, shes holding out her hand as if to hold the knife.
I finally got ahead!