Author Topic: Touhou Fan games having trouble with .cue files  (Read 3509 times)

Chiruno⑨

• Cares about friendship, loyal to the last breath.
Touhou Fan games having trouble with .cue files
« on: October 14, 2009, 12:30:11 AM »
I have the games, a damn lot of the fangames, however they come in a .cue for most of them and idk I haven't had to deal with .cue files since my old saturn emu days on my old computer.

Anyone know a way to play these files? can't install or play most of them despite them being the full game =/

Gatling Cats momiji platformer and the Rocky and Pocky style one with Sanae and Momiji too are in .cue =(
anyone know a way to get these to work or can share a working copy that plays right out the folder like most of the other official TH games?

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
Re: Touhou Fan games having trouble with .cue files
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:59:55 AM »
Have you tried mounting them on a virtual drive? Though if you're running them through an emulator it should be able to run them themselves.

If it's not opening correctly you're probably missing the .img or something similar. Mind giving us an image of one of the games, in view>details view? It'll probably be easier to discern the problem.

Chiruno⑨

• Cares about friendship, loyal to the last breath.
Re: Touhou Fan games having trouble with .cue files
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 04:33:52 PM »
Took awhile to figure out which were the working ones and which were giving me problems, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAc9XbYItE&feature=player_embedded#

1. This one is an ISO, I typically put these in my virtual drive as would most who use those.

2. I install it in my C drive

3. I have no idea what the stuff on this page means :P

4. In any case moving on to install yes/no

5. YAY game is installed

6. Well installed maybe... but no .exe or anything in sight

So with this game my issue is something rather odd where it installs but no game start up pops up, no shortcuts to start it, and the folder is devoid of a .exe file.

Instead I find .evd, .map and other folder is .bmp images while the c3 has the .wav files

I wish I could of found my Momiji platformer, the one I needed most help with, seems that one is in my external HD with half the others that got eaten up.

P.S. sorry for late reply took awhile to find stuff.