Author Topic: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 229309 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sakuya Quest 15 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #690 on: August 08, 2018, 02:09:19 AM »
> "Should I just go in, then?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #691 on: August 08, 2018, 02:38:04 AM »
> "Should I just go in, then?"

>You are met with head shakes.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #692 on: August 08, 2018, 10:34:31 AM »
> "When will she be available, then? I have something important to deliver to her personally."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #693 on: August 08, 2018, 06:44:48 PM »
> "When will she be available, then? I have something important to deliver to her personally."

>Two of the dolls quietly take to the air and open the door, so that a third doll can dart inside.
>About a minute later, Alice comes to the door. "Oh, it's you," she says. "Sorry, I didn't hear you at all. Been busy with that amazing record you brought me!"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #694 on: August 08, 2018, 08:02:41 PM »
> Nod.
> "It is quite alright. Mmm, this is going to seem odd, but would you mind refreshing my memory on how many years of research that record contained?"
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #695 on: August 08, 2018, 09:23:41 PM »
> Nod.
> "It is quite alright. Mmm, this is going to seem odd, but would you mind refreshing my memory on how many years of research that record contained?"

>"I don't even know yet," says Alice. "I'm going to be working on this for months!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #696 on: August 08, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »
> "I did not mention it? Strange. Well, what is done is done. Regardless, through a series of very strange circumstances, I actually have another copy of those records, one that is even more detailed than the one I gave to you previously. I procured it with the intention of giving it to you, but I have been forced into a conditional; Lady Patchouli has requested you share this new set of records with her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #697 on: August 08, 2018, 10:00:45 PM »
> "I did not mention it? Strange. Well, what is done is done. Regardless, through a series of very strange circumstances, I actually have another copy of those records, one that is even more detailed than the one I gave to you previously. I procured it with the intention of giving it to you, but I have been forced into a conditional; Lady Patchouli has requested you share this new set of records with her."

>"...That would be a fantastically bad idea," says Alice. "She would get ideas."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #698 on: August 08, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »
> "Quite possibly. But this is the condition I have been given."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #699 on: August 08, 2018, 10:26:45 PM »
> "Quite possibly. But this is the condition I have been given."

>"I'm am going to lie and say yes, and then never do it," says Alice. "It won't be your fault."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #700 on: August 09, 2018, 10:48:09 AM »
> Frown.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #701 on: August 09, 2018, 06:20:58 PM »
> Frown.

>"What?" says Alice. "You know I'm right. There's no way you haven't seen some of the stuff in this."

>_

« Reply #702 on: August 09, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
>"Actually... do you mind if I have a look inside right now to check something?"
>If she doesn't object: skim through the tome for references to future!Patchy. Assuming we can even read it that is.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #703 on: August 09, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »
>"Actually... do you mind if I have a look inside right now to check something?"
>If she doesn't object: skim through the tome for references to future!Patchy. Assuming we can even read it that is.

>You recall well that Alice from the future told you they were encoded. You doubt you can read them.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #704 on: August 09, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »
> "I have not tried reading these texts - setting aside that they are not exactly in my areas of expertise or interest, your future self implied I would be unable to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #705 on: August 09, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
> "I have not tried reading these texts - setting aside that they are not exactly in my areas of expertise or interest, your future self implied I would be unable to."

>"No, I mean, whatever you saw of future me?" says Alice. "You know that'd give Patchouli bad ideas. And it's my stuff anyways, right?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #706 on: August 10, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »
> "It is certainly your research, but you understand I can only act so unilaterally. Honestly, I thought the current situation rather generous when I could have been simply ordered to keep this copy of the research and never tell you it exists."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #707 on: August 10, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
I dunno, that sounds kind of like "Look, I'm being generous by not withholding your own research from you." If anything, that logic only makes sense from the other direction; it wouldn't have been unreasonable to not tell Patchouli about it, but not telling Alice would practically be going back on our word with her future self. She'll probably just be offended.

We probably can't directly convince Alice of Sharing Is Caring, but maybe with a slightly different approach...?
>"Mmm, I suppose that is correct. However, perhaps it could be mutually beneficial? You might be able to get something out of her, given how badly she seemed to want to read it. Whether it's library access, materials, or otherwise."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #708 on: August 10, 2018, 04:50:08 PM »
It could be pretty dangerous if Patchy finds out about future!Patchy. I imagine she wouldn't be very happy with Alice if she found out what she might do in the future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #709 on: August 10, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »
The thing is, we already directly told Patchouli that the research was mainly about immortal doll bodies Alice intended for use on her and Marisa.

Unless she was so single-minded about wanting it that she wasn't really listening??
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #710 on: August 10, 2018, 05:42:03 PM »
I dunno, that sounds kind of like "Look, I'm being generous by not withholding your own research from you." If anything, that logic only makes sense from the other direction; it wouldn't have been unreasonable to not tell Patchouli about it, but not telling Alice would practically be going back on our word with her future self. She'll probably just be offended.

The underlying assumption is that Sakuya has very little autonomy in the matter, which both Sakuya and Alice would be aware of. If Patchouli wanted the book to herself, she could go to Remilia and ask Remilia to order us to give the book to Patchouli, which she would very likely do given Alice isn't even the same time zone as Remilia's good graces right now.

Perhaps Alice would be offended if she completely forgot the SDM chain of command, but I can't imagine she has.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #711 on: August 10, 2018, 06:39:00 PM »
> "It is certainly your research, but you understand I can only act so unilaterally. Honestly, I thought the current situation rather generous when I could have been simply ordered to keep this copy of the research and never tell you it exists."

>She frowns. "I...suppose you have a point."

>"Mmm, I suppose that is correct. However, perhaps it could be mutually beneficial? You might be able to get something out of her, given how badly she seemed to want to read it. Whether it's library access, materials, or otherwise."

>"The problem is...Patchouli is single-minded about things, as I'm sure you're aware," Alice says. "And with the things I've seen so far, I'm convinced she would get some terrible ideas."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #712 on: August 11, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »
> "Well, she would, in theory, only have access to it under your supervision."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #713 on: August 11, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »
> "Well, she would, in theory, only have access to it under your supervision."

>"Yes, but that can only stop so much," Alice says. "Hmmm... Well, maybe it can..."

>_

« Reply #714 on: August 11, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
///Are we seriously not going to reconnect with poor old Meiling?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #715 on: August 11, 2018, 08:14:49 PM »
(Edit)  > "Hate?Hardly,Alice.I do not deny some past distrust,suspicion and resentment  . However there has been no need to revive or aggravate,instead the contrary has happened and it is happening;as long as there is true willingness and effort.some special occasion, may be so bold to suggest,along with the previous concession and supervision could be an occasion to pool resources together for a better understanding and valorization of such an extensive piece of work wiith double the more than competent point of views and expertise for double-checks, breakthroughs and the like.Mostly at your discretion"                                                                                                             // Perhaps the more things,thoughts and preparations are put together ,and those of unrelated but prioritary nature are mostly taken care of, in a meaningful way the more heartwarming the reunion is going to be.                                    Here's hoping my humble and (very)occasional reply is a bit useful and not distruptive to your much greater efforts
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:29:56 PM by Branneg Xy »
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #716 on: August 12, 2018, 03:00:02 PM »
(We'll get to Meiling when we get back. It's not as though she's yet experienced the thousand-year absence, after all.)

Mmm, odds are pretty good Alice already thinks Patchouli would only be marginally helpful at best - this sort of research is far more Alice's area of expertise. I was thinking of something more blunt and ego-soothing, like thus:

> "Indeed. From my perspective, it would behoove her to behave, lest you simply go home."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #717 on: August 12, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
> "Indeed. From my perspective, it would behoove her to behave, lest you simply go home."

>"Hmm, okay," Alice says. "But only once I've had time to completely examine it."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #718 on: August 12, 2018, 07:32:25 PM »
> "Very well."
> Take out the book and hand it over.
> "I hope to hear of your visitations soon."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #719 on: August 12, 2018, 08:22:14 PM »
> "Very well."
> Take out the book and hand it over.
> "I hope to hear of your visitations soon."

>"...Really?" says Alice. "I thought you of all people would hate my guts, and was only doing this out of some kind of obligation."

>_