Author Topic: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 3.  (Read 84413 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 1.
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »
Wow, so third on the wagon was used as a serious scum restriction for awhile on mafiascum? That's... kind of hilarious. Anyway. I guess I don't need to complain yet about how busy I am because it's not like there's 10 pages to reread or anything, so obviously posting can't take very long.

##unvote ##Vote Raikaria

While there isn't anything wrong with his responses if you take them in the most literal senses, they're kind of overreactionary. Granted it's awkward to vote someone on "but can't they realize Zakeri is kind of joking", though, especially when voting someone for jokevoting wouldn't be entirely illegitimate at this point- but like Zak even just kind of admitted he never actually tried to justify his vote with a real reason :V Okay I guess this would just be voting Raikaria for being Raikaria, nevermind. But yeah, tl;dr Zak was joking so you don't need to overanalyze it.

Now I feel bad because I'm going to vote Zakeri for continuing to make total jokevotes when we're far enough in to at least use a half-assed vaguely existent reason. When I was just almost voting someone for voting him. Granted the reason was different >.> But whatever.

##unvote ##Vote Zakeri

Also don't feel bad CF7 I mix them up a lot too ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
Zak your jokes go way over my head.  I'll just stick to listening to dr rawr's :V

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2014, 11:05:36 PM »
Why do good people like me have to get into incidents like this? Ugh.
To be as blunt as possible, I have to use at least one "!" per post I make + not call the informed minority by a typical colloquialism that I'm sure everyone is familiar with.  Red colored enemy / evil bastards / make your own euphemism here will all suffice. 

Much like Pokemans had an effect attached to his PR that wasn't cosmetic, there is an effect attached to this one as well, which I'm not disclosing.

If I say "My PR", Raikaria, it's because I have it currently, not because it is part of my Role PM.  Next time if you wish I can say "The PR" instead.
Ah, okay, I misunderstood as well. I thought you had knowledge of who a Red player was (at least rolename-wise) or something weird like that, but now it's obvious you can't say the word 'scum' or 'mafia'. Weird role restriction, sounds boring.

Anyway ##Unvote for the moment, and ##Vote: Zak right now. Don't like the circumstances of his vote at all. It brings up an incredibly shitty scumtell for a reason, then Zak says it's a joke, which isn't much better considering we're well past the RVS phase and he should have some real scumreads.
Serela went over that already but I agree with it.

Also ##FoS on SB for having no scumreads and not doing anything else productive. At least comment on the current votes in place or something, or comment on any of the weird quirks.

Hrmm, it's weird chiding someone for being lazy when I'd really like to just force you all to shut up so I can go be lazy myself...
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »
I'm starting to remember why I'm quit, I don't really feel motivated to post at all.

You're all so boring I might as well start hallucinating fake IRC logs with Keine again.

Zakeri is summarily terrible and I'm somewhat annoyed my joke 'He's going to lurk again!' is slowly becoming true with this active non-contribution pile of horse he's pulling out. Keeping my vote on him.

I don't like Dan's claim about his PR and it bugs me, but I can't say that's something that Scum would particularly do.

It's just...such a boring post restriction?

I'd like Dormio to talk some more. Be more active. Post in mafia you nerd.

Something smells off about Selery but I don't really entirely disagree? It's early day 1 anyway, we're all basically vomitting words and trying to act like we're better than others (Or atleast i am whoops).

All I really noticed? I don't think like half of this is even worth mentioning but I feel off If I don't have atleast something in posts.

Also NNR is your Roleplaying a post restriction or are you just doing it because you feel like making your ego and terrible judgement making even more apparent?

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »
Dorian is suspicious to me by default just because Miller is shady as all hell. But I suppose what can you do in that situation, ya know?
Other than that, nothing really catches me at the moment :/

I haven't seen you reference the red-coloured enemy yet. Are you fibbing already?
Well he's already contradicted himself.
I should mention that I have a post restriction that isn't part of my role as far as I can tell.  It's not 100% cosmetic either and doesn't seem pro-town.
That'd be that. Or is it that you guys thought (like NNR above) he meant a specific Flavour Name?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »
My ego isn't that big, maybe you're mistaking me for Marisa. I wouldn't know why, though.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Chaore

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »
My ego isn't that big, maybe you're mistaking me for Marisa. I wouldn't know why, though.

Answer the question.

No jokes.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
I am roleplaying, I expected people to just 'figure it out' not threaten me for it. Geez, you're interrupting my beauty-nap for this?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »
My PR will involve referencing the red colored enemy plenty as well as using a certain punctuation symbol in each post I make.  Try to guess it!

No, he said it "will" involve referencing the scum. I think it's a bit weird Dan says it "will" involve those things, like he's just made that up.
I'm a bit concerned that most his posts to date are about the post restriction, and that we had to poke him to get clarifications instead of him coming out forthright to say it. I guess you can't blame him for the first part entirely since we asked him about it, but I feel like he could've said something about the goings on at the time.

Serela moves on without acknowledging me, which is fine since he deigns to find better junctures for votes.

Moridin jumped off a bit too quickly with no content besides, which I don't like.
##Unvote
##VOTE: Moridin

Empty unvotes just to clear yourself from voting "the biggest wagon" is a bit insincere, especially when you use nebulous reasons like fearing a hammer while you're away. It's an unrealistic fear, and a farfetch'd enough reason to justify unvoting that it could be scum backpedaling from the slightest accusation.

Chaore

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2014, 11:58:09 PM »
I am roleplaying, I expected people to just 'figure it out' not threaten me for it. Geez, you're interrupting my beauty-nap for this?

I figured, but it's absurdly annoying, and I don't appreciate coy 'Oh ho ho ho' response when questioned instead of being straight.

It's not very helpful to the rest of town, ya get it?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2014, 12:01:34 AM »
Roleplaying isn't exactly anti-town in the first place, sheesh.

In the end I'll probably have to clean up this mess anyway. But not now, all the chatter is giving me a headache.

Bardiche

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2014, 12:03:37 AM »
That'd be that. Or is it that you guys thought (like NNR above) he meant a specific Flavour Name?

Responding to this, by the way. I meant that ActionDan said it "will involve x and y", so it read like he had to do both x and y every post, but that's not true. Weird sentence structures. Not surprising from Americans.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2014, 12:12:39 AM »
Oh I see. And what I didn't think of was his previous posts that had bugger all in them but the !
So I'm doing well so far >_>

Also you mean me in post 98, not Moridin. For what little it's worth, I thought it was L-1 and there were a few more people left to vote than just Zakeri.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2014, 12:40:32 AM »
That post restriction was obviously inspired by me. Between CF7 assigning it as part of a character or ActionDan inventing it, I'm going to go with ActionDan, unless he flavorclqims convincingly.

##Unvote; Vote ActionDan
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2014, 12:44:47 AM »
Also I don't like early PR claims on principle, but I don't have time right now to go into why.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Chaore

« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2014, 12:47:50 AM »
Also I don't like early PR claims on principle, but I don't have time right now to go into why.

To be fair, we usually go balls to the wall crazy noticable on post restrictions so often they're usually Day 1 topic anyway.

Dan's is pretty easily avoidable though, he's just bad at words.

Bardiche

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2014, 01:12:30 AM »
>tfw you mix up Massaca and Moridin
You're both too new for me to tell you apart. Well, I definitely dislike Moridin's "me too" attitude in following Serela's logic of voting the biggest wagon, but even so you're suddenly distancing yourself from it with no content besides. Do you really think no one else is even a slight bit suspicious? If you think someone is, then you should press them on it and ask. It's like Phoenix Wright, except you don't automatically get a clear game by asking the right questions and pressing the correct statements.

Chaore: I feel like Dan opening with his claim could have done better by immediately claiming what the restriction entails. It does feel too boring, but I disagree with O4rfish that it's a good reason to vote it; good enough to frown at him suspiciously, but not yet enough to vote at this juncture.

Chaore

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:23 AM »
Yeah, I agree with you there.

It feels like he's fumbling around trying to flesh it out abit, essentially? He's just like piecing little bits while he comes up with something. That last part about not calling scum scum also feels weird, but I can't put my finger on why.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:57 AM »
^Might want to fix your vote then, or are you as happy with it being on Moridin as you would be with it on me?

Dan's restriction holds for now so nothing on that but I was thinking on Dormio's SB vote. At first I thought SB's was a good question but thinking about Dormio voting him for it and later saying why I'm now wondering what the point in asking was. Why would the mod possibly have it be in effect in *YLO when that would be auto-win for scum? Seems like a redundant question to make a contribution.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2014, 01:27:38 AM »
^Might want to fix your vote then [...]
Aimed at Bard.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2014, 01:30:59 AM »
I don't really understand why Dan's PR is worth voting over in itself, even in the vacuum of just-past-RVS. Who cares? Now that the basics of it have been laid out (even if it was more of a struggle than necessary) it's not even worth paying attention to until more role information is revealed, which certainly isn't likely to be (nor should be) happening already, as roleshens d1 is awful and gross. Especially due to people loving to latch onto it over playing normal mafia, which makes the game harder in a not-fun way.

I don't see the purpose of O4rfish's call for flavorclaiming either when Dan stated it doesn't not seem to be part of his own role, from which anyone can easily infer that it wasn't in his rolepm and happened later. (Albeit at this point I'm getting dangerously close to "Bard is gonna yell at me for answering people's questions for them" territory) Don't really know what o4rfish expects to get in response.

I'd vote o4rfish if it wasn't for Zak admitting his vote was completely unjustified and a joke and then just sitting on it. I could go for either, because voting Dan for claiming a PR is more or less a useless+effortless votepark. (Okay, I have to admit PR meaning both Post Restriction and Power Role is possibly confusing)

cut a few times, okay I guess I can see the part about the claiming of it being pretty weird, I'm just kind of used to Dan treating his own roles in really strange ways that no one else agrees with
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2014, 02:13:09 AM »
Dan stated it doesn't not seem to be part of his own role
stated it does not seem*

...or "stated it doesn't seem", if that tickles your fancy more effectively

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2014, 02:14:45 AM »
Why would the mod possibly have it be in effect in *YLO when that would be auto-win for scum?
*sigh* No, no it won't. Only in LYLO.
:fail:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2014, 02:53:55 AM »
Hated remaining active in *ylo isn't unheard of, although uncommon. Not commenting further because I'm tired and it's just more roleshens and I could make a big post that wouldn't really matter

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2014, 02:56:37 AM »
The Dormio wagon was already made of jokes and laziness but the Zakeri wagon strikes me as more opportunistic. Giving this and his meta is a joke vote exactly what I would expect from him at the moment. And with this said ?

##Vote: Serela

You were about to vote Raikaria, cause what Zakeri did was ?kind of overreactionary? but apparently not scummy. But you came to the conclusion that it would be ?voting Raikaria for being Raikaria? and therefore not appropriate.
So you vote Zakeri for the reason you just criticized in the same post?
To waffle about something is one thing but that's quite a turnaround, even for your standarts.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2014, 03:07:24 AM »
No, it was because what Raikaria did was kind of overreactionary, not Zakeri. But then I remembered... this is just how Raikaria operates. All of the time.

So it was more or less null.

The reason I was voting Zakeri was different, though. It was for him effectively doing nothing. It wasn't about Zakeri overreacting to anything? See, I wasn't voting Raikaria due to him voting Zakeri. It was for his reaction being over the top and unrealistic. Then I remembered Raikaria always acts that way, so it wasn't worth voting anymore.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2014, 03:33:01 AM »
That Moridin and Morrison mixup just got me too.  And I was reading through and went wait I thought X was Y when Bard agreed with my mixup and let me go on.  Godbless.

However what I wouldn't really say Moridin has done anything wrong more than he hasn't done anything at all.  He just has a don't give a fuck attitude going on that I can respect and don't really have a bad jive with.

Morrison on the other hand almost has a joke like: inb4 quicklynched over empty unvote scumtell but it's true.  Like it feels gross for no reason and I like this better now that Serela has content and isn't just a bandwagon jumper anymore.
##Unvote:
##Vote: Morrison

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2014, 03:34:51 AM »
I can't even like english that Morrison case but like if you can get it cool, if not I can try to elaborate on what I'm saying there.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2014, 03:36:03 AM »
Would vote O4rfish, vote on Dan looks like it amounts to rolefishing, voting over PR comes off as a really shitty and easy to votepark reason, and PRs on their own aren't scummy in the first place.

(Voting for PR is actually a really big pet peeve for me, it's terrible and anti-fun)
(I still hate you Pesco)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2014, 03:42:38 AM »
Seriously Schezo who the fuck is Morison