Author Topic: Touhou Project 16.5 「Secret Sealing Nightmare Diary ~ Violet Detector」  (Read 107453 times)

My accurate reaction to this whole announcement:

...and it's been like this for a day now.

So yeah, I imagine Sumireko starting off in a dream world must be related to her campaign in AoCF. I kind of suspect Doremy at least getting a stage of her own and I'm also curious if we're going to meet Sumireko's dream clone again. I mean ZUN wouldn't have to even make a new art for this, it kind of fits. The actual artwork for VD is pretty good, probably the best ZUN art since a long while imo.

Also I'm sorry for asking, but I haven't seen anyone actually tell me or translate what Sumi says to Reimu in the picture where they're in Dream World location, what does she say there?
I've seen someone say that ZUN mentioned this game's story despite the cheery and goofy theme might be a bit more on the tragic side... now I'm super curious.

Overall I'm pretty happy and still shocked about this announcement
Also memes
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:58:26 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
I think something along the lines of "If you can't escape, just have fun, right?"
Anyone more skilled, feel free to pitch in.

"どうせ抜け出せないんなら楽しんでやろよ"
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

PK

• Border of Whatever
After ISC, another spinoff with no "Touhou" in the title. I wonder if there's any meaning behind it.

Drake

Well there a bunch of those now, it isn't too surprising. Double Spoiler and Fairy Wars swap them to the secondary titles (both of which due to them being based on those namesake works), all of the music CDs don't have them, Grimoire of Marisa doesn't... if anything the main connection is that they're all kind of character-specific side works. There aren't really any hard rules with ZUN so it isn't like side stories would be expected to do it though.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Would've preferred if it was 17th installment but yeah, another photo shooting game is not bad I guess.

Would've preferred if it was 17th installment but yeah, another photo shooting game is not bad I guess.

Considering how ZUN's latest years' release-patterns are, it's likely that touhou 17 will be announced March/April next year. 

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I missed the announcement during the actual broadcast, but looking at Twitter comments, ZUN said on his Youtube show tonight that this will be coming to Steam.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I missed the announcement during the actual broadcast, but looking at Twitter comments, ZUN said on his Youtube show tonight that this will be coming to Steam.
Can we safely assume that all Touhou games from Touhou 16 onwards will be appearing on Steam as well from now on?

CD jacket is here

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:05:59 AM by Kafuu »

CyberAngel

• Retired
Blood splatters? On MY Touhou game?!

If this gets onto Steam (I'm waiting for this to popup in Steamdb), according to the announcement, I'm sure as heck I'll be getting it.

Which makes me wonder, what about the previous games to 15.5? When would those come to Steam as well?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:13:43 PM by Lightmaster »

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Blood splatters? On MY Touhou game?!
Funny how no one commented on the bloody title screen that's been around since the game announcement...

PK

• Border of Whatever
Funny how no one commented on the bloody title screen that's been around since the game announcement...
Speaking of the title screen, looks like "Violet Detector" is Sumireko's name in some social media.

Really happy it is coming to steam, when though. Optimially obviously it would be like with 15.5, where they both come out at roughly the same time.

Aaaaay hello there dream world Sumi!
EDIT: jk these are probably just her social media icons, but this really reminds me of Mokou in IN jewel case art. Which makes sense since Mokou and Sumi are bros
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:40:44 PM by Popcioslav »
No.

CyberAngel

• Retired
Sumireko confirmed for final boss lol

(That said, it would actually make sense to deal with her whole doppelganger thing here.)

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
Sumireko confirmed for final boss lol

(That said, it would actually make sense to deal with her whole doppelganger thing here.)
At least ZUN won't need to make you replay the entire game to fight her.

Hataters gotta hatate.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
Which makes me wonder, what about the previous games to 15.5? When would those come to Steam as well?

I remember hearing ZUN saying "probably", maybe? "Old games weren't that user friendly, though", something like that.
Yet I think it is true he lost game code from MoF backwards, so...

--

CD cover looks so sick, I love it.

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
CD jacket is here
Maybe it's just me being tired but it almost kinda looks like there's another figure next to Sumireko (the line/shadow looks more defined like Sumi's silhouette.)

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
CD jacket is here

please remove :orig from your link. It's broken on my side because of that.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Maybe it's just me being tired but it almost kinda looks like there's another figure next to Sumireko (the line/shadow looks more defined like Sumi's silhouette.)
I've seen others saying there might be someone else besides Sumireko, but all i see is Sumi and her cape.

Well, if we are talking this silhouette I higlighted then it is the same picture of Sumireko as seen in the main menu:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:48:15 AM by Tsalop »
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Well, if we are talking this silhouette I higlighted then it is the same picture of Sumireko as seen in the main menu:

Your link is dead. There's Imgur and postimages.org for image hosts...

Fixed it... Hopefully now it is visible to someone else than just me.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Fixed it... Hopefully now it is visible to someone else than just me.

all good now.

Been long since I have dived into the fandom and lookie here, it's 5 days

5 DAYS FOR THE UPCOMING GAME

Can't believe I'm late for the news

https://twitter.com/tiroryu/status/1026167230118092800?s=19

can anyone tell me what happened here, did ZUN DMCA himself?

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Seems like someone else is trying to put a copyright on the name "ZUN". Uhuh. Okay.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Seems like someone else is trying to put a copyright on the name "ZUN". Uhuh. Okay.
Oh wow, I've heard rumors of trolls trying to make "Touhou" into an actual trademark back in the day but this is a new one ...

I remember that once upon a time, an insurance company sued the author of Asterix for copyright infringment because the series had a character whose name was exactly the same as the insurance company's name ... LONG thing short, things did not quite go in favor of said insurance company (frenchies familiar with Asterix characters should try to guess the name in question ~ <3). It shouldn't be unreasonable to expect this to go in a similar direction.

So yeah, uh, shouldn't be an issue that ZUN can't handle. Move along folks, move along. Nothing to see here ... get back to discussing the soon-to-be-released-game  :V

Drake

It's a DMCA claim filed on use of the name Korindo Co., Ltd.

Which yes, is ZUN's own company.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -