Author Topic: Ask a Staffer Ep. 8 - :ohdear: Edition - TSO  (Read 94454 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Ask a Staffer Ep. 8 - :ohdear: Edition - TSO
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2011, 05:06:01 AM »
Wouldn't MotK's resident fuwafuwa expert know about fluffy?

Do you have any other plushies? Figures?
I have a big walrus and a few stuffed animals.  I have tons of figures though, a full set of CCS gatchapon, a few Mai HiME figures, and a few Fate/Stay figures.  I have some Gundam models as well.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2011, 05:06:35 AM »
-> Is there a kind of generator you've imagined/come up with on your own that would theoretically hit really close to 100% efficiency?

-> What would you believe has been the best era of mainstream music?

oh and cool, you used to know about Pinoy stuff. Respect +infinity.

*Warning - choo choo I'm a ninja
:<

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2011, 05:18:19 AM »
What was your most epic SC/DoW2 game up to date?

Do you dream of making a game about something?

Would you let me curl up on your lap?

Powerup punchin'!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2011, 05:22:50 AM »
-> Is there a kind of generator you've imagined/come up with on your own that would theoretically hit really close to 100% efficiency?
Matter/antimatter would hit extremely close to 100%.  But outside of the realm of science fiction, there's a lot of work on using sterling engines in the exhaust heat of typical steam-driven designs to eek out some extra efficiency.  There's also ways to do things like pipe compressed gas into hollow caverns to exploit pressure differentials for power generation.

-> What would you believe has been the best era of mainstream music?
The big band era by far.  Jazz, swing, blues, all have their roots from big bands.  And I am a big fan of the Rat Pack and other singers of that era.

oh and cool, you used to know about Pinoy stuff. Respect +infinity.
Thanks!  My friends used to call me the most asian white girl they knew.  I'm always open to cultures and ideas not of my own.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2011, 06:01:26 AM »
Except that strategy for banelings really did not help a Terran who gets demolished by these. (It's actually a PvZ counter you detailed.)

TSO, describe your looks to everyone here. We would like to get an idea on how you look.

I'm humbled that a girl is way more experienced in RTS than I am. *bows*

Do you believe in the idea of perpetual motion and machinery?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:04:44 AM by Kogasa Tatakumo »

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2011, 06:05:48 AM »
Did you like Mai-Hime's ending? BV

Which do you prefer, shonen or shoujo manga? Or both, or neither?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »
TSO, describe your looks to everyone here. We would like to get an idea on how you look.
I'd.... rather not.  I'm not exactly pleased with my physical appearance orz..  I'm 5'5, but that's all you're going to get out of me .___.

I'm humbled that a girl is way more experienced in RTS than I am. *bows*
Ehehehe, what can I say?  Armchair general is my specialty \o/

Do you believe in the idea of perpetual motion and machinery?
LISA IN THIS HOUSE WE WILL OBEY THE LAWS OF THERMODYNAMICS! (aka they're impossible)

Did you like Mai-Hime's ending? BV
* ♪ TheStupidOne ♫ foams at the mouth

Which do you prefer, shonen or shoujo manga? Or both, or neither?
Depends on what I'm in the mood for.  I prefer shoujo manga most of the time, but I will admit I'll enjoy anything regardless of "target" gender.

« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2011, 06:27:44 AM »
I'M 3 INCHES TALLER THAN YOU YES

*YakumoSilver gets shot*

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2011, 06:29:36 AM »
I'M 3 INCHES TALLER THAN YOU YES

*YakumoSilver gets shot*
I wish I was a little shorter actually .___.

« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2011, 06:48:17 AM »
I wish I was a little shorter actually .___.

So you can have the more perfect position for all your gaming needs? It's hard to find a desk that's high enough.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
If anyone of us here on MotK went to Otakon, would you mind meeting them in person? (Forgive me if you have done so already)

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2011, 07:28:51 AM »
How do you pronounce "MotK" ("Em-Oh-Tee-Kay," "Mot-Kuh," or another way)?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »
You up for organizing an MotK meet at Otakon? I could use a good excuse to actually use my vacation time this year

Have you ever gotten yourself crazy drunk before?

Do you enjoy watching the sunrise over the open country?

What's your favorite animal?

Do you have any pets?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »
Would it flatter you if I said that your Ask a Staffer edition should last longer? Like for all of them. I'm sure people have a whole lot of questions that they might ask for the staff.

LOL late edit because I didn't have access to internet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:50:14 PM by Kogasa Tatakumo »

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:32 PM »
Using this as reference, along with Google-tan, what is the most appealing style of rorita?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
I have some Gundam models as well.
Holy god. Are they MSiA or Graded Gunpla?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2011, 02:20:01 PM »
So you can have the more perfect position for all your gaming needs? It's hard to find a desk that's high enough.
Eh not really, my desk is perfect for the most part.  I just don't like my height because I'm at the height where I'm too short to be at head level with the crowd, but not short enough to stick out.  Plus I have trouble finding stuff in my height.

If anyone of us here on MotK went to Otakon, would you mind meeting them in person? (Forgive me if you have done so already)
It's the biggest reason I keep on going to Otakon year after year, to have the chance to meet you morons in person.  I've went to Otakon 6 years straight and I've met all sorts of characters from MotK and #shrinemaiden.  Mostly I go and hang out with my Megatokyo/#forum-m buddies simply because I've been going to Otakon with them since the start.  I met a bunch of people last year from MotK and it was a lot of fun although I wish I had more time to spend with them (I spent most of the con with the #forum-m'ers).

How do you pronounce "MotK" ("Em-Oh-Tee-Kay," "Mot-Kuh," or another way)?
Em-Oh-Tee-Kay.  Mot-Kuh sounds so weird.

You up for organizing an MotK meet at Otakon? I could use a good excuse to actually use my vacation time this year
I'm actually running an MotK room for Otakon this year.  We got 2 rooms at the Hyatt.  We're at 9 people as of last check, but I've probably forgotten a few people.  The #forum-m guys I hang out with generally have a dinner on Thursday, perhaps we could do something like that?  Closer to con time we can make definitive plans for a meet/lunch/whatever.

Have you ever gotten yourself crazy drunk before?
I don't like drinking at all.  I only drink socially, and very rare at that.  I'll drink a few to loosen the tongue, but I really don't like the taste of alcohol.  It's gotta be some supersweet girly drink for me to really tolerate it, beer and straight liquor is right out.  I've never gotten knockout drunk before.  Link (Nazrin in #shrinemaiden) was stupid drunk last year where I had to carry him back to his room >_>.  I just don't like losing control over my body, so I'll never drink enough where I'll seriously be impaired.

Do you enjoy watching the sunrise over the open country?
It's a beautiful sight If I get up early enough :derp:  I'm not really a morning person.  And on the weekends seeing the sunrise means I need to goto bed >_>.  Thankfully for me the sun rises across an open field, the western sky is blocked by a small forest behind our house.

What's your favorite animal?
Duckies!  I loves them.  So cute and fluffy and quack quack quack.  I want a duck as a pet, they're so awesome.

Do you have any pets?
2 cats, and a purebred black lab.  The lab is oh so loving and cuddly, and she's actually really tiny for her breed.  Everyone thinks she's a puppy (and she definitely acts it) but she's like 3 years old now.

Would it flatter you if I said that your Ask a Staffer edition should last longer? Like for all of them. I'm sure people have a whole lot of questions that they might ask for the staff.
I'm flattered, but nothing says you have to have a thread to ask questions.  I'm always available on IRC or PM or you can try to catch me on Skype/MSN/Steam.  I would actually like it, it's kind of lonely where I'm at :(.  Noone wants to talk to you unless something's broken or they got in trouble and they want to scream at you.  Noone walks up to me and just wants to talk, I always have to start the conversation and I'm horribly shy :ohdear:.

I suppose I could open the archive up for postings after the threads are done (now that we have a separate subforum for them) but leave the spotlight on this week's interview.  I'll think about it.

Using this as reference, along with Google-tan, what is the most appealing style of rorita?
Hime Lolita =P  I love tiaras and princessy stuff.  I'm not that big of a fan of black, and I don't think I'd be able to pull off Shiro Lolita that well.

Holy god. Are they MSiA or Graded Gunpla?
I forget, but I think I have a few perfect grades.  I haven't built in years though, not enough time.

« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
Haha, indeed you are.

Anyways, You got two hours of sleep? I'll give you a suggestion, "Drink hot water, or hot milk". It makes you sleepy afterwards, you know.

...Well, in my case.

In any note, I'd love to talk with you, actually. It's quite hard to find great company these days, and I'm also getting quite bored too.

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »
Haha, indeed you are.

Anyways, You got two hours of sleep? I'll give you a suggestion, "Drink hot water, or hot milk". It makes you sleepy afterwards, you know.
Yeah I'm at work, I can't exactly goto sleep =P.  I'll definitely pass out when I get home.

In any note, I'd love to talk with you, actually. It's quite hard to find great company these days, and I'm also getting quite bored too.
I see you've found the IRC channel at least lol.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/ZC6zn.jpg
This is why I love Eisenhower.  He knew that the military industrial complex was a danger and a disaster waiting to happen, and the more money spent on wars the less would be available for society.  And arguably, he was in probably the most dangerous time period ever in modern history, at the height of the Cold War.

Gee look at the mess we're in now.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2011, 05:41:52 PM »
Gimmie :<

I mean it.
I have a Mashiro and a Natsuki, a bunch of MaiHiME wallscrolls and posters, and a bunch of MaiHiME buttons/keychains.  I used to name all of my machines and network stuff after MaiHiME characters (my router is still named Mikoto).

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »
What's your biggest pet peeve and do you have any that you consider to be out of line with the rest of yourself?

What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Would you still rate it roughly the same?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »
What's your biggest pet peeve and do you have any that you consider to be out of line with the rest of yourself?
It drives me nuts when people chew their nails and stuff, it's so gross D:.  I also tend to come off as overly hostile at times as well, and it makes me sad because I don't intend it.  I really am not a mean or aggressive person :\

What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Would you still rate it roughly the same?
Hmm... I loved Sailor Moon and Animaniacs and Dexter's Lab and stuff growing up, and I still hold them in high regard.  It's not nostalgia either, I recently rewatched Courage the Cowardly Dog and it's still as great as it was when I was little.  I show my little brothers the stuff I grew up with all the time.  They love Ed Edd n Eddy.

Probably the only stuff that didn't age well I used to like was Power Rangers :V

« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »
I also tend to come off as overly hostile at times as well, and it makes me sad because I don't intend it.

:derp:

My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Gramity

« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »

It's the biggest reason I keep on going to Otakon year after year, to have the chance to meet you morons in person  all.  I've went to Otakon 6 years straight and I've met all sorts of characters from MotK and #shrinemaiden.  Mostly I go and hang out with my Megatokyo/#forum-m buddies simply because I've been going to Otakon with them since the start.  I met a bunch of people last year from MotK and it was a lot of fun although I wish I had more time to spend with them (I spent most of the con with the #forum-m'ers).

it would be great but I'm so anti-social that I have absolutely no topic to talk about :(

I'm actually running an MotK room for Otakon this year.  We got 2 rooms at the Hyatt.  We're at 9 people as of last check, but I've probably forgotten a few people.  The #forum-m guys I hang out with generally have a dinner on Thursday, perhaps we could do something like that?  Closer to con time we can make definitive plans for a meet/lunch/whatever.

that would be interesting

I'm flattered, but nothing says you have to have a thread to ask questions.  I'm always available on IRC or PM or you can try to catch me on Skype/MSN/Steam.  I would actually like it, it's kind of lonely where I'm at :(.  Noone wants to talk to you unless something's broken or they got in trouble and they want to scream at you.  Noone walks up to me and just wants to talk, I always have to start the conversation and I'm horribly shy :ohdear:.

name on IRC ?which IRC  :V I always pm you xD how can you be bored  :V

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2011, 08:59:22 PM »
Do you enjoy the company of children?

Have you ever thought of being a mother?

If you could have a child, would it be a son or a daughter?
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »
It drives me nuts when people chew their nails and stuff, it's so gross D:
.__.

What is your idea of a perfect day?

If you had the event to change any event in history to the outcome you wished, what event would it be and why? (Doesn't have to be a one-day event, it can be gradual or something.)

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
Sounds like a plan. :3

What's your favorite dessert item?

If you could ask God (or whichever deity you hold in highest regard) any question, what would it be?

Do you believe there's any good justification for going to war?

What would you do if you were suddenly drafted into the armed forces?

If push came to shove, and you were seemingly out of options, would you be able to kill someone?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »
 :derp:
Quiet you!

it would be great but I'm so anti-social that I have absolutely no topic to talk about :(
Then we can be antisocial together \o/

name on IRC ?which IRC  :V I always pm you xD how can you be bored  :V
Basically look in #shrinemaiden for a ~ that isn't |7hs| and that's me.  I change my name like every 2 minutes.  I try to keep TSO in it to not be TOO confusing but I'm a dork so if you just shout out TSO or whatever you'll find me.  And I'm bored when I'm at work because boring :<

Do you enjoy the company of children?
Very much so.  I know this sounds creepy pedo, but I volunteered to be the Sunday School aid for the 2nd and 3rd graders for years.  I had all sorts of fun reading stories with my favorite stuffed raccoon puppet.

Have you ever thought of being a mother?
Thought about it?  It's the one thing I really wish I could be, and the one thing I'm devastated I'll never be able to be (at least not in a procreation sense) :(.

If you could have a child, would it be a son or a daughter?
I wouldn't care.  Whichever I'd get would probably get a pretty feminine upbringing =P I'd be terrible and dress my son up in girly stuff and sailor moon outfits and things like that for halloween when they're little XD.  A daughter would be nice too because then I wouldn't be a weirdo for doing that =P

.__.
It doesn't bother me that badly, just the thought of doing it makes me go blech XP.  As long as you're not like, biting them until they bleed then I'm not going to care that much.

What is your idea of a perfect day?
Sunny, breezy and 70s-80s, a nice gorgeous day with not a care to worry about.  Me in a nice sun dress and straw hat.  Take a nice stroll through a meadow and maybe a picnic or just a quiet day reading in the shade of a big tree.  Then at night spend the hours gazing at the stars laying on top of a grassy hill.

Another perfect day would be during winter, big snow falling outside.  Huddled by the fire with someone nice to lean against <3.

If you had the event to change any event in history to the outcome you wished, what event would it be and why? (Doesn't have to be a one-day event, it can be gradual or something.)
Hmm... if possible I would try to prevent the burning of the Library of Alexandria.  So much history and knowledge was lost during that tragic moment and for what?  Greed?  Jealousy?  It was a pointless act and in my opinion set us back countless centuries.  There's relics we're still discovering to this day that match or even surpass their modern day counterparts (the Astrolabe being one of them).

Sounds like a plan. :3

What's your favorite dessert item?
Cheesecake <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

If you could ask God (or whichever deity you hold in highest regard) any question, what would it be?
Why?  Why intentionally create sentient life knowing you're giving them the free will to disobey and reject you?  I would suspect the answer would be far beyond anything I could comprehend.

Do you believe there's any good justification for going to war?
I think there's justification for defending one's home, and maybe justification for providing assistance to rebels overthrowing brutal dictators, but never any justification for an offensive war, ever.  Disposing of a dictator without the will of the people doesn't solve the underlying problem, and we should never act in aggression towards anyone, ever.  Force is reserved as a deterrent and a defense only, not to conquer and expand.

What would you do if you were suddenly drafted into the armed forces?
Didn't I already answer this? :V  If it came to the point where I'm drafted then shit has hit the fan and I'd be scared out of my mind.  Would I do it?  Depends on the circumstances.  If it's to defend my family and my friends I would, but if it's to serve the greed and gluttony of a conqueror I would refuse.

If push came to shove, and you were seemingly out of options, would you be able to kill someone?
No, I cannot kill anyone, no matter how much they've wronged me.  I believe that everyone has the right to live, and that no action can take that away ever.  I don't think we as humans have any right to terminate the existence of another sentient being, ever.  If they're savage murderers, then just lock them away, eye for an eye won't bring back their victims.  We can never be 100% sure of guilt so why take the chance and commit an act that cannot be undone?

I don't think you can ever justify the killing of another human being, but if in a life or death situation I would excuse someone who had to make that terrible choice.  I personally would not be ever to make that decision, but I wouldn't fault someone for doing it.  My morals and my objections go out the window though when it's someone else's life in peril.  I can set aside my disgust for killing if it means protecting the life of someone else.  While I wouldn't use deadly force to protect my own, I would to protect others.