Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 289504 times)

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server
« Reply #240 on: July 27, 2011, 10:40:39 AM »
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

The Tank Girl's Dream: Evil Eye Sigma

I don't want to see another damn sheep for a long time.  :V

.... You built that......... and I haven't even finished one wall of the church... Then again my irl job is taking nearly my entire weekday time with 11+ hour shifts..

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

YES! I highly approve of this beauty.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »
I am so sorry someone who built the house near the spawn. I accidentally burnt your house. I was touring near it, when i accidentally right clicked my lava bucket. The wheat farm is ruined and it flooded parts of the ruins. However, all chests and other areas are alright. If someone could tell me whose house that was, i would be really grateful.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
I am so sorry someone who built the house near the spawn. I accidentally burnt your house. I was touring near it, when i accidentally right clicked my lava bucket. The wheat farm is ruined and it flooded parts of the ruins. However, all chests and other areas are alright. If someone could tell me whose house that was, i would be really grateful.
Cadmas' / Peasant_Miner's. You two will have to settle it for now, while the rest of us figure out what to do. Until then I say he uses your bathhouse as a place to stay.
Bad command or file name

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2011, 05:55:51 PM »
Oh, it`s Not my bathouse. It`s Everybody`s bathouse!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »

Lava Bucket = LOADED GUN. Never leave that in your toolbar D:

« Reply #246 on: July 27, 2011, 07:43:16 PM »
Well the damage is mostly dealt with. It just be nice if someone on the server wasn't a klepto and didn't take a bunch of my mossy stone, all my glowstone, my diamonds, and music disk while my room was opened.

And the iron I used in building my air ship. I feel like cutting someones hands off.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:02:04 PM by Cadmas »

« Reply #247 on: July 27, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »

Investigation is underway
Culprit found.

The player "tomhoffman" will be removed from the whitelist and his assets seized. I am particularly disappointed with these results.

I will be sending you a PM shortly, Stuffman
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:02:08 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #248 on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:58 PM »
Culprit found.

The player "tomhoffman" will be removed from the whitelist and his assets seized. I am particularly disappointed with these results.
Seems to be the same player who burned Cadmas' house with a lava bucket. May be accidental, but nonetheless it's time to deal justice.
As for the assets seized, put them in the community chests for the rest of us to use.

Should these idiocies continue we should consider putting up mods again, probably with respect to time zones as previously noted in MC chat and DDR's server (though that was probably coincidental....).

Also, probably one major disadvantage LogBlock has - no /bb rollback. That would make griefing work so much easier to undo.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
Seems to be the same player who burned Cadmas' house with a lava bucket. May be accidental, but nonetheless it's time to deal justice.
As for the assets seized, put them in the community chests for the rest of us to use.
For now, I have given Cadmas control of both tomhoffman's house and the bathhouse. He can do whatever he wishes with those, and whatever items there are his. We'll worry about the leftovers later. If he doesn't want the properties later, then we'll put 'em up for auction, or something... :V

Should these idiocies continue we should consider putting up mods again, probably with respect to time zones as previously noted in MC chat and DDR's server (though that was probably coincidental....).
I work at night and play whenever I can. Not my fault that the other mods played at that time!  :D As far as mods on this server, we are still discussing that. We wanted to give a little time for people to adjust to the server, etc. After this and the mushroom incident, we will likely be enabling Mods soon.
Also, probably one major disadvantage LogBlock has - no /bb rollback. That would make griefing work so much easier to undo.
Among other things. Big Brother would have helped MUCH more in this investigation. Hopefully we can set that up instead. I'll mess around with options later.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:34:06 PM by Dr.Strafe »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »
LogBlock DOES have rollback. Full instructions are here, although only me and Strafe actually have access to that particular command.

Chest logging has been enabled, it will track who takes what out of each chest, but really you guys should be using LWC!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2011, 10:01:19 PM »
For now, I have given Cadmas control of both tomhoffman's house and the bathhouse. He can do whatever he wishes with those, and whatever items there are his. We'll worry about the leftovers later. If he doesn't want the properties later, then we'll put 'em up for auction, or something... :V
Ehe, that sounds good.

I work at night and play whenever I can. Not my fault that the other mods played at that time!  :D As far as mods on this server, we are still discussing that. We wanted to give a little time for people to adjust to the server, etc. After this and the mushroom incident, we will likely be enabling Mods soon. Among other things.
As for mods playing all at once during nights back on old server, that was a funny coincidence that turned nasty once the griefers came in come sunrise EST (where I am).

As I've said several times, feel free to take your time with the mods. One or two more of these griefing incidents should be enough justification, but as for the actual powers, well, that's your jurisdiction.
Aether mod seems to be one a few players seem to want as well...though I digress and say main world's plenty for now.

LogBlock DOES have rollback. Full instructions are here, although only me and Strafe actually have access to that particular command.

Chest logging has been enabled, it will track who takes what out of each chest, but really you guys should be using LWC!
Oh. Didn't know that. Good to know that's there then...and that it's op-only ATM.

Seconding the LWC part. I've seen chests of personal stuff not protected all over the place....in those cases, put a friendly sign nearby for the owner to /cprivate them.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »
I should note that LWC doesn't provide 100% protection. On DDR's server, griefers managed to exploit some bug on protected large chests. They took off with all my good stuff! Chest logging will help counter this in case a similar situation comes to pass.

Seconding the LWC part. I've seen chests of personal stuff not protected all over the place....in those cases, put a friendly sign nearby for the owner to /cprivate them.
Yeah, leave the friendly note after you liberate some of their valuables. :V  Ok seriously. Some people still don't know about LWC protection, or forget to place it on sensitive items.

As far as Aether Mod.. I'm not sure if we'll be implementing that. It looks cool, though.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
Aether Mod is not doable.

Bukkit plugins generally cannot add new blocks/items to the game. Wait for 1.8 when there's an official mod API so that everything will be standardized and we won't need things like modloader.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2011, 11:50:29 PM »
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Ok, now do this

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #255 on: July 28, 2011, 01:55:29 AM »
Ok, now do this
*big yuyuko fan*
Homigosh so detailed. They even got the chin and neck separated. And dat fan. Dat fan.
Yes, Strafe, Do it.  :yukkuri:

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2011, 02:03:52 AM »
I'm not even sure how that Yuyuko was built, since it breaks all limits in terms of height.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »
I'm not even sure how that Yuyuko was built, since it breaks all limits in terms of height.
Mods
Doesn't it say mod in the beginning?
Mod in english
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:33:47 AM by Chen »

« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »
Ok, now do this
Ah, the giant Yuyuko and Chen statues. I'm still in awe of those. I can only imagine how daunting a task it was to make them.

That said, I am still planning a secret massive project for the server whenever I feel masochistic enough to take it on. I'm still testing materials and debating the feasibility of such a project. If I do, you better be DAMN sure that I'm going to enable flight and abuse /item. :V

Anyway, I have a few other projects on the horizon to keep me busy for a bit.

EDIT - The griefing/thievery business from earlier has given me some inspiration for my next project   :3

EDIT II - It has come to my attention that people use LWC to protect their front doors while leaving their chests unprotected. This can be defeated very easily. A locked door serves no purpose since a thief can break through a wall or the floor. Please protect your chests to avoid any potential theft.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:12:27 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:03 AM »
Ok, now do this

HOLY KANAKO SHIT!! That is the most epic thing I've ever seen on minecraft... O=

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »
EDIT - The griefing/thievery business from earlier has given me some inspiration for my next project   :3
:V
That's a good idea, but I already did a similar thing over at DDR's server with a small iron tower...but I'm saying this as if it will actually be used for griefer trials and venting calmdowns. Go ahead and build the courthouse! :V
Bad command or file name

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2011, 04:28:56 PM »
:/ erm.....for some reason I cant get in or use the live map. Neither load. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me right now?

Chen

« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »
:/ erm.....for some reason I cant get in or use the live map. Neither load. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me right now?

Me too. :/

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2011, 05:50:30 PM »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »
Having problems here as well.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »
Uhh I have some bad news.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/508700-brohoster-appears-to-be-down-ex-customers-help-here/

tl;dr Brohoster just imploded, which means the server is now done and gone. Good thing we only paid for one month! <_<;;

I guess we can try another service but I won't put it up right away. I guess we'll wait for 1.8 and start another server then?

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
Uhh I have some bad news.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/508700-brohoster-appears-to-be-down-ex-customers-help-here/

tl;dr Brohoster just imploded, which means the server is now done and gone. Good thing we only paid for one month! <_<;;

I guess we can try another service but I won't put it up right away. I guess we'll wait for 1.8 and start another server then?
D= *extreme sadness* I put so much work into that frekin castle! D:<
Still new to minecraft. I wouldnt mind another service, but would it matter before or after 1.8?

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
Boy these Servers never seem to last more than a month.
Starting over is always a pain.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
FUX ;_;
More of our work is gone yet again.

Hopefully we can get a backup up and running, but now we have to find a host again!
Bad command or file name

Chen

« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2011, 07:20:51 PM »
Do you have the server world file

Maybe we could hamachi?

But I don't really know about these things.  :qq: