Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 287045 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
- MOTK MINECRAFT SERVER -
STRIKE THE EARTH!
Wait, wrong game...

Well, that was quick! Our new server on Brohoster Provision Host, Claes, is up!

Welcome to the official MotK Minecraft server!
Address: 64.31.42.141
Live Map: http://64.31.42.141:8123/
Ops: Stuffman (Jaimas) and Dr. Strafe (Dr_Strafe)

NOTICE! This is a Whitelisted server! That means you cannot join unless I've added you to our Whitelist. If you'd like to request access, simply PM me. Note that this means you must be a member of MotK to join; if you've obviously only joined the forum to get access to the server, then I'll likely deny the request. This is due to griefing problems we've had with outsiders in the past. Sorry!

If your name is on this list or if you were on the Brohoster server I have already taken the liberty of adding you to our Whitelist.

The current plugins we are using are:
Phoenix Terrain Mod - Creates all sorts of wacky terrain!
Essentials - provides some generic useful utilities.
Permissions - Controls access to other plugins.
LWC (Lightweight Chest Protection) - lets you lock your chests, furnaces, dispensers, and doors, to stop players with sticky fingers!
WorldEdit - Only accessible to ops. Contact me if you'd like to request an edit of some sort, but you'd better have a good reason!
dynmap - Enables the live map linked above.
DeathNotifier - Fun death messages are broadcasted when a player dies.
SheepFeed - Feed a sheep a piece of bread (hit it with it) to regrow it's wool!
Worldguard - Currently disabled, there if we need it. Allows Pumpkin Scuba (wear a pumpkin helmet to breathe underwater)!
LogBlock - Logs changes to blocks, useful for catching people attempting shenanigans. Right-click a block with a book to view any edits to it. Goes back up to 7 days.

Some useful commands:
/list - see who's online!
/spawn - teleport back to spawn.
/sethome - sets your home warp point at your current position.
/home - teleports you back to your home warp point.
/cprivate - enter this and then click a chest (or other object you would like secured) to lock it, meaning only you can access it's contents.

Rules:
This is a friendly community!
- No killing other players.
- No breaking other players' stuff.
- No stealing from other players.

Suggestions:
- Be wary of Creepers around people's structures. If some damage occurs, please do your best to repair it.
- Put up signs! Name your buildings and let people know who made them. It's fun!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:07:35 AM by Stuffman »

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:24:34 AM »
Horray! Thank you :]

Long live Rukinville?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:40:07 AM by Dinosaur »

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:57:49 AM »
:V /lightning <3

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:01:52 AM »
:V /lightning <3

Sorry, I didn't realize essentials allowed so many retarded commands by default. Should be fixed now.

EDIT: Nope! Technical difficulties, stay off until I say it's okay.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay I think it's okay now.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: Nope for some insane reason worldedit is enabled for everyone too. Need to check all plugins sorry.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:25:29 AM by Stuffman »

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:25:35 AM »
Lul at getting /tool from WE ...

aniwaiz...

can you enable flying for a little, i can go fly around to look for a village area :D

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 03:41:18 AM »
I patiently await the new server. :3
Hey, I won't get lost now since it's a new start!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:45:44 AM »
Okay I'm done screwing around with permissions for now

I don't think I set up worldedit quite right. Eraiya if you could help me with it later I'd appreciate it D:

Server's up for now! Go screw around!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 04:28:08 AM »
Many thanks Stuffman!

I understand the lack of mods initially, and totally do not mind at the current time. Maybe as it expands we can re-choose them from community.

Also, yay, neat place so far!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 04:45:06 AM »
We don't have to explore, I mean we could make land.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 07:17:37 AM »
Developement in Koishi Town is underway ~, besides the lagfest from BSOD'd dirt hut XD.... jkjks... its starting to go fine...  Theep wont lemme name Koishi Town to Rose Ville :[

Once we get a main part of the city going and streets, i'ma start planning on Club Rose, thats right~ its gunna be better and not as bad ( cuz i'm so lazy to go to the nether ;[ ) RAVEEEEEEE weeeeeeeee.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 07:34:46 AM »
So much for taking a break from Minecraft for a couple days...  :V

Time to check this bad boy out.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
besides the lagfest from BSOD'd dirt hut XD
It's bricks now FYI. It looks like a house! :o
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 10:59:44 AM »
Alright, so, here's the deal.

Brohoster servers can only be modded with Bukkit plugins. That means no Phoenix mod, sorry.

As a consolation, I have enabled flying for now. Please do not go flying everywhere at high speeds, as it will put additional stress on the server by forcing it to load and generate a bazillion new chunks. Just use it to fly over the rough terrain or help you build towers or whatever. (Strafe changed my mind about it, but it'll stay enabled until I reboot the server, so maybe a day or so)

Permissions seem like they're working, please report any issues with having access to commands you shouldn't have, or being unable to use commands you should. I've also created a mods group but me and Strafe are still discussing what powers we want them to have and who they should be.

Does anyone know the name of the plugin which automatically reloads your toolbar once you use up a whole stack? It was rather convenient and I'm thinking of implementing it here.

Now, regarding the flying, I had a fun idea for the server, provided I can actually figure out how to make it work. :V
What if each player was able to choose between Reimu Mode, which would have flight enabled, or Sakuya Mode, which would have WorldEdit's teleporting compass? The compass allows one to cover ground faster, but flight gives more freedom of movement. More modes could also be possible, though I'm not sure what they'd do.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:00:15 PM by Stuffman »

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 11:34:29 AM »
Eh, I'm not too keen on that idea, honestly. Flying would take away from the "pure" feel we seem to be going for on the server. And the compass... well, I still think that the Mods should be able to use that.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
Whoa balls, this was fast :o

I'm so checking this out later.
Prepare the lands, the Fernsehturm is coming!
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
Alright. Everything near my house/lake is now officially TOP SECRET.
ALL ACCESS IS PROHIBITED.

I also announce the creation of the Lunatic Lunarian Space Administration (LLSA) which will based at said TOP SECRET GROUNDS.
Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Help will be accepted, as I will need a ton of wool. Just drop it off somewhere near the entrance of my tunnel (near Science tunnel) which I will shortly be naming the "Lunarian Walkway" which I hope to see connect various points. The LLSA HQ will be set to be ready by next week or so.
However my Lunarian view still stands and Mokou persons or persons affiliated with Mokou who enter said grounds, even after tour opening, will be prosecuted.

Openings for employment will also become enabled however experience in aeronautic engineering is required. Fire is strictly forbidden past that point unless initiated by myself.
The Kaguya Lunarian will be rebuilt when the town is more established and I have made firm plans on the construction.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
Favour Sakuya mode (compass), and as for the mods feel free to take your time before they are in position.
Also - Marisa Mode (Master Sparking everything out of the way). :D </jk>

LLSA sounds pretty cool, actually.
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
Soo... I entered the new server and what was the first thing I saw? Clay, loads of clay!
Hey, let's make the spawn point into the center of the new village or something...? That sounds good to me.

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Funny that you should say that. I placed a sign saying exactly the same thing in front of my building on DDR's server on its second-to-last day of existence.
Aaaaaaaanyway. It's rather dead and empty, at least right now. I am the sole person online. I guess some people, like me, could find this topic hard to find because it's in Genji's Battle Arena subforum, and not in Akyu's Arcade. This will take some time for the rest to find out about this thread if not informed about its whereabouts, I guess.

Meanwhile, I shall explore the new world. Gotta raid Biohazurd's house since it's so top secret and in God-knows-where. :D (Nah, okay, if you really don't want me to, I can respect that.)

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
This is going to sound a bit odd, but I'm just going to throw it out there. How do you guys feel about starting a completely new map seed? Two main concerns of mine are driving this curiosity.

1. Looking at the Livefeed map, there is much more water than land. You'd have to wander far from the initial spawnpoint to find a suitable continent.

2. The established village is just too far from the spawn because of the aforementioned reason. I have had a difficult time finding it without using the livefeed map. I figured we would use the spawn as our initial ground, and then branch out once the community center is fully established.

Now, I'm not trying to undermine any work done so far. I also do not intend on imposing "my will" upon the users of the new server. I just would like to see what you guys think about this while the server is in this early phase. It's really only been one day so far.. so it's not like much work would be lost.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 01:13:19 PM »
I haven't really started anything, or even logged in yet :V but that sounds reasonable.
My original spawn in SP was in the middle of sand nowhere too, it was a bit of a pain.
                                                                                   .

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 01:17:43 PM »
I'm okay with the current seed I think.

What do you mean, you cannot place beds in the spawn area? Therefore, I pass the nights by surfing the web. At least for now. I think I'll set a house in the snowy biome not far from the spawn camp. This little island we spawned on could probably be made into a cosy nice little village...

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
I've done a good bit of work over the past day, so I'm a bit mixed over a new seed. But I do agree that the spawn and village are too far. Then again, Cadrin has a pretty good idea about retrofitting a village onto the island.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:30:01 PM by PARU Telecom Networks, LLC »
Bad command or file name

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »
Just build an overpass from spawn to Koishiville. And establish another village, albeit smaller.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
Just build an overpass from spawn to Koishiville. And establish another village, albeit smaller.
Overpass? Eh...they are convenient but this time I don't want to ruin the skyline. So I'd prefer building underground again.
Bad command or file name

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
Yeah, overpasses look ugly.

By the way I was distracted and took *way too much* clay from the spawn chest.
I'll return most of it soon, sorry about that.
                                                                                   .

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »
Everyone talks about the new server, I never was in the old one. XD
Actulay I got minecraft mostly for this server. It looked way too fun!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
Ah, you're the one BSoD referred over! Hey there, and hope you enjoy the new server (it seems as though you did so far)! :)
Now get a Sunny Milk skin. :D

I'll be joining later today...wonder if there'll be a few changes between now and then?
Bad command or file name

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
i wanna keep this current seed o_o....

we needs koishi mode :V either make monsters not notice you till your likr
5 blocks within them, orrrr spawn roses at will <3

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
I can move the spawn; just need one of you to build a proper spawn point like the current one, that's well lit and designed so you won't have Creepers jumping in your face when you pop in at night.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »
Man, I almost don't even need to join in, just watching the livefeed is amusing enough.
Shame I can't get my minecraft to work right, hasn't worked right since the last update.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure