Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147652 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #570 on: May 27, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »
th12 Hard 1cc with SanaeB!!!
SanaeB's AOE attack trivializes almost everything in stage 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Which character should I try next?
Signature

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #571 on: May 27, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
MarisaB :V
But nice! 

MarisaB... Oh Marisa, don't you wish your shortwaves did slightly more damage?

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #572 on: May 27, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »
Boundary of Humans and Youkai captured!

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #574 on: May 28, 2011, 02:46:45 AM »
Mountain of Faith captures are still worth celebrating. m/

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #575 on: May 28, 2011, 03:35:22 AM »
IaMP Lunatic 1cc! :o With Suika! I finally did it. Ended with one life left too. It's all thanks to Youmu's first card not taking a life, and Remilia deciding to be hittable. Messed up a bit on Marisa's last card though. :derp:

EDIT: Even better, the replay didn't desync.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:21:13 AM by Agent of the BSoD »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2011, 04:05:00 AM »
IaMP Lunatic 1cc! :o With Suika! I finally did it. Ended with one life left too. It's all thanks to Youmu's first card not taking a life, and Remilia deciding to be hittable. Messed up a bit on Marisa's last card though. :derp:

EDIT: Even better, the replay didn't desync.
Congratz~!~!~!  I always found Suika to be one of the harder characters for storymode, though I never used the 2C trick on Reimu's last spell either, so maybe that's why...

For myself, a true default MS lunatic 1cc.  I know I already did this technically, but I wanted to be able to submit a score.  I was going to restart because of a stupid death on the stage 2 boss (followed by a bomb), but I decided to keep going anyway.  Pretty average run, with a pretty good Shinki.  Went in with 2 lives, died really early in, bombed once, captured lasers, bombed twice on Recitation, cleared 0/0.

Yuyuko Yakumo

• Carry me~ow
  • Rawr I eat your face with maaaaaagicalness
« Reply #577 on: May 29, 2011, 07:11:15 AM »
Finally 1cc UFO on normal. So that means I've 1cc'd every main Windows Touhou game on normal! I guess the next thing to do is go for hard...
I know, I know. I'll get a real avatar and signature soon. -_-

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #578 on: May 29, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »
Taking a break from UFO, I did this.

Oh me, and trying to milk too many time orbs and ending up dying too many times :V

« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
Well, it was tough, but I beat Uwabami Breakers.  :V  Captured Drunken Life and Dreamy Death too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:22:29 PM by Arcengal »
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #580 on: May 30, 2011, 01:38:18 AM »
Made it to stage 5 MoF Lunatic on a random run today.  Nothing special I guess, but I'm happy to have finally broken the stage 4 barrier.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #581 on: May 30, 2011, 02:10:17 AM »
Congratz~!~!~!  I always found Suika to be one of the harder characters for storymode, though I never used the 2C trick on Reimu's last spell either, so maybe that's why...
With that trick, I was able to get Reimu's life down to one firework left. Two slams (jB) killed the rest when I was actually able to hit her and not get knocked back.
Suika is probably one of the harder to win with in Story Mode probably because of Remilia. (though there may be other reasons) You get to fight ALL of her spell cards, and she's right before final boss Reimu. Most of my runs ended with Remilia taking all of my lives.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #582 on: May 30, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »
Got my first legit Lunatic 1cc. I did one attempt at MoF with Marisa C for fun and captured many spell cards, died to Minoriko non-spells and stupid stuff in the stages, but reached Virtue of Wind God regardless, so I figured I'd be able to beat it if I bombed more. A shame nothing special was dodged in the 1cc run.

Now I've beaten PoFV (Aya, Medicine lolol) and MoF on lunatic!

-edit- managed another Peerless Wind God capture.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:49:50 AM by 633IDK »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »
Way to go dude.

I managed to defeat Yukari. It wasn't fun at all and it took many damn attempts, many of those not even being Yukari killing me but the lack of a platform to land on whenever I took a hit. Not fun at all.

But it was worth it as I managed to clear through the rest of the game without problems at all. The rest of the game was a lot better imo. It really makes things more fun when you have solid ground you can stand on. Bottomless pits have nothing to do in a boss fight. But instead of comparing Yukari to Gate I have decided to compare her to Red from X7 instead because Gate is actually a pretty neat boss.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:00:00 PM by Zengeku »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »
Whee, finally got my second Normal 1cc in PCB(SakuyaB this time.)!

More notably, imo, I've managed to, at least once, capture all but one of Yuyuko's cards on Normal now(Just missing Repository of Hirokawa -Ghost-).
Also I've finally managed to cap Banquet of 12 General Gods, thanks to the maid having unlocked Extra.  I've gotten SO much farther with her in this short time than I had with Marisa who I unlocked way back when...  Marisa's only seen up to Charming Siege From All Sides, while I've made it to Ultimate Buddhist with Sakuya...

Finally, though I'm a Normal shooter, I decided to try and get some Lunatic spells, for the practice as well as to get me closer to unlocking Phantasm once I beat Extra.  I now have all the Stage 1 spells except Table Turning, and managed to capture Maiden's Bunraku L and Stygian Riverside L on my first time seeing either one.

Three spells and an Extra clear to go until Phantasm!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #585 on: June 01, 2011, 12:29:25 AM »
*insert wall of konnngarachibithumbsup.jpg here*

EDIT:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!  Yes, it's Yukari and not Nitori, but hey, doing a 1cc is a 1cc
4 games I've 1cced :V

I'm particularly happy about the Stage 1-4 perfect and the fairly decent Okuu fight (and managing to capture Hell's Tokamak and Subterranean Sun).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:51:01 AM by NEETori »

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #586 on: June 01, 2011, 02:29:03 AM »
Finally SA Hard 1cc. Down to last life, second-to-last bomb. Have to say it was harder than beating Extra.

Maybe I should wait a while until I try Lunatic...
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2011, 08:02:24 AM »
Congrats on the Hard 1cc.

I recommend that you start working on SA Lunatic right away. It doesn't have to be anything serious. Just play some practice mode an hour or so whenever you can. Soon you'll be able to 1cc Lunatics left and right.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #588 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05:11 AM »

I did it... I really did it!
LLS Extra perfect!

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #589 on: June 01, 2011, 08:08:51 AM »
Finally SA Hard 1cc. Down to last life, second-to-last bomb. Have to say it was harder than beating Extra.
I disagree. I still haven't beaten SA Extra but 1cc'd Hard with 4 lives left.
Keep in mind I hadn't done any playing of SA within 2 weeks prior to the 1cc.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #590 on: June 01, 2011, 09:44:16 AM »
*insert wall of konnngarachibithumbsup.jpg here*
ワロタ

anyway, catchup time from the last post:

<Your Ad Achievement Here>

I know, it's considered so easy, it's criminal, but...
LLS Lunatic Cleared! \o/
Nice job, now aim for a default 1cc!

Nothing special I guess
baityglare.jpg
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #591 on: June 01, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
1CC'd SA Normal with ReimuA, with tons of lives left. Of course, she's overpowered, so this probably doesn't count.

/semi-related: is there a more efficient way to stream the Stage 1 opening than vertical streaming?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #592 on: June 01, 2011, 04:09:10 PM »
1CC'd SA Normal with ReimuA, with tons of lives left. Of course, she's overpowered, so this probably doesn't count.

/semi-related: is there a more efficient way to stream the Stage 1 opening than vertical streaming?

All i know is you sure as hell cant do this on Lunatic. And I only know that from bruteforcing my way to Parsee on that difficulty.

The vertical streaming I mean. The bullets are in like, fans of 5-7(i dont remember), and there's no gap to move through.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #593 on: June 01, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »
YES! haha SA - Normal 1cc! finally its been forever and this game is getting quiet good, at first hated it because of the life system but its pretty good, a nice way of punishing yet rewarding at the same time.

« Reply #594 on: June 01, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
baityglare.jpg
Fine, fine, I'll go for a 1cc!

As in easier?  Or more graze-efficient?  If it's the latter, vertical streaming will probably net you about 20 more graze or something, but that's pretty negligible anyway.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #595 on: June 01, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »

Lies, ReimuA is not overpowered, every other shottype is simply underpowered. No, really. This isn't anything close to, say, using Aya in PoFV, so don't feel bad about it. And congrats.

Um, horizontal streaming?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #596 on: June 01, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
Lies, ReimuA is not overpowered, every other shottype is simply underpowered. No, really. This isn't anything close to, say, using Aya in PoFV, so don't feel bad about it.

Quoted For Divine Truth. Besides, its a bullet hell game. Just work with what you have. If there is unbalanced characters its the developers fault. Not yours.

Fine, fine, I'll go for a 1cc!

Its MoF and you can get past Stage 4. That's basically the 1cc requirements here. Go for a 1cc that scores over 750 million.  >:D
--- or just whatever suits you. If its a first then measly 300M will suffice.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #597 on: June 01, 2011, 07:17:04 PM »
Quoted For Divine Truth. Besides, its a bullet hell game. Just work with what you have. If there is unbalanced characters its the developers fault. Not yours.

And yet you speak of awkward shottypes. Or was that someone else?
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #598 on: June 01, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »
Got my first legit Lunatic 1cc. I did one attempt at MoF with Marisa C for fun and captured many spell cards, died to Minoriko non-spells and stupid stuff in the stages, but reached Virtue of Wind God regardless, so I figured I'd be able to beat it if I bombed more. A shame nothing special was dodged in the 1cc run.

Now I've beaten PoFV (Aya, Medicine lolol) and MoF on lunatic!

-edit- managed another Peerless Wind God capture.

Splendid, exactly the encouragement I needed, congratulations on your clear!
Congratulations to everyone else as well, I just love it when this thread is filled to the brim with new accomplishments.

« Reply #599 on: June 01, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
And yet you speak of awkward shottypes. Or was that someone else?

That was indeed me but I don't see any contradiction?
I just like my shottypes powerful and simple, that's all. If it means playing with a shottype that rapes any other type in the game then that's fine by me. Its not my fault the thing's unbalanced.