Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147649 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2011, 06:17:21 AM »
Instead of sleeping I got my Touhou Youyoumu - Bomb Label Lunatic 1cc with SakuyaA.  First lunatic done with 5 starting lives as usual, finished with 2 and a bomb.  Probably could have had the 3 lives remaining to call it a true 1cc if I didn't die to Yuyuko's bubbles on her second nonspell... That was just embarassing <_<.  Ironically Touhou 7 is also my 7th Lunatic =p.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:24:02 AM by chirpy13 »

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »
First IN Extra clear!

Considering I haven't played IN in about a month... :o

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2011, 05:36:27 PM »
Sweet. How about Double Spoiler? You done that?
Not yet, but I'm planning to.  That is my next goal... (next to defeating GFW Marisa, who's raped me so many times that I haven't bothered facing her lately @_@)

Anyway, I don't wanna post here "empty-handed", so I might as well report my first-time capture of Flan's Q.E.D. the other day. :D

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2011, 05:37:35 PM »
I guess my latest accomplishment would be clearing PCB on Lunatic with Reimu-B for the first time, though I have to admit that there was a bit of luck involved since I couldn't handle the red waves of the final spellcard to save my life. Wound up having to face the last two waves without any bombs or borders, then survived them by some miracle. After the last one, I also got my last extra life at 1200 point items, I kind of felt like someone was trying to mock me.
PCB sure seemed much, much harder than IN, took me a long time to finally clear it. At least I could improve my Extra and Phantasm runs afterwards.

Oh, well, now I can move on to EoSD and proceed in chronological order afterwards, hurray!

« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »
Instead of sleeping I got my Touhou Youyoumu - Bomb Label Lunatic 1cc

Nononono, It's MoF that's Touhou Bomb Label.  ;) And semi-congrats on your victory. You'll receive the full version when you get your default lives clear - Considering that you have 6 other Lunatics under your belt I'm confident on your behalf that you can do it.

Oh, well, now I can move on to EoSD and proceed in chronological order afterwards, hurray!

EoSD Is a tough nut to crack. Especially compared to IN and PCB. Good luck. You'll need it.

Not yet, but I'm planning to.  That is my next goal... (next to defeating GFW Marisa, who's raped me so many times that I haven't bothered facing her lately @_@)

Don't waste too much time on her. Double Spoiler can only be much more important.  :D

« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
Nononono, It's MoF that's Touhou Bomb Label.  ;) And semi-congrats on your victory. You'll receive the full version when you get your default lives clear - Considering that you have 6 other Lunatics under your belt I'm confident on your behalf that you can do it.
Sorry, Border Label*.  3 lives will definitely take a lot more effort though, since I'm counting 1ccs with any amount of starting lives - the only defaults I have right now are PoFV, IaMP, SWR, and a "would have if I started with 3" MS.  PoFV is mostly luck and two of those are fighters =p.  I will definitely try to get it though.  The 5 life clear took all of two attempts with SakuyaA, she really makes that game a joke as far as survival goes.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »
EoSD Is a tough nut to crack. Especially compared to IN and PCB. Good luck. You'll need it.

Haha, thanks! Yes, I can tell, so far I've managed to get to stage 5 and the game is still rather simple in terms of strategy (at least it doesn't seem to require nearly as much as PCB and IN, especially in stage 3, 4 and 5), but it more than makes up for that with certain parts in which you really need your reflexes to be good enough if you don't want to die (the books right before Koakuma being an excellent example, Jesus Christ, I hate them). Certainly seems like the switch from Lunatic PCB to EoSD is going to be much harder then Hard PCB to EoSD. Still, I'm quite motivated, I'd like to clear all Lunatic Modes before the next game is released, so I still have a bit more than 4 months.

« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »
I got EoSD before PCB, but I suck at PCB.

« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2011, 04:23:28 AM »
I know this isn't amazing but I finally reached stage 5 on Lunatic in EoSD. I've completed EoSD, PCB and IN on normal. Using only MarisaB for each game, sorry not a fan of homing shot and Marisa is my 2nd favorite char so I'm of course going to choose her. I can take on Lunatic in soku using Alice.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:32:33 AM by Archin36 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2011, 05:42:58 AM »
Gave IaMP a random run today. I don't particularly like that game because the controls are a little "out there". So I practiced as Suika for a while, then got a normal 1cc on my first try. Gosh, Reimu's last spell is a pain. Every time I got up from being knocked down, she made hits on me and put me back down. I didn't even have a chance to do anything yet. Ah well, I still beat it. :D
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2011, 06:02:14 AM »
After 26 total tries, I finally captured Unilateral Contact!

Now to work on Kokkuri-san's Contract

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2011, 06:50:49 AM »
Sorry, Border Label*.  3 lives will definitely take a lot more effort though, since I'm counting 1ccs with any amount of starting lives - the only defaults I have right now are PoFV, IaMP, SWR, and a "would have if I started with 3" MS.  PoFV is mostly luck and two of those are fighters =p.  I will definitely try to get it though.  The 5 life clear took all of two attempts with SakuyaA, she really makes that game a joke as far as survival goes.

Border Label. Didn't think of that. That was a good one.  :)
Well your lack of default lives 1cc's doesn't mean much when it comes to IN since you have a clear with MS. And let's face it, doing a lunatic run with five starting lives is still just as good as a normal one if you just finish with those extra lives in stock.

Put in that effort. Win big. Learn the stages, bomb the rest, 1cc get.

« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
GFW Normal A-1
UFO Normal Sanae A
EoSD Hard Reimu B

3 new 1CC's today well I did UFO Normal with Sanae B before but not A
cleared PoFV Extra with Komachi & Shikieiki a few days ago

« Reply #343 on: April 13, 2011, 05:51:37 AM »
Touhouvania 2 Phantasm stage, hard mode (there is no lunatic mode)
Had to take remilia, flandre, and the stopwatch.
no lives lost. No-Death bonus of 30,000 points gotten.

I feel bad for spamming Remi at both Ran and Yukari, especially when Yukari is so easy in that game...meh, I still feel accomplished.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »
Wow this was a bitch to upload. HD would have taken 9 hours so here's shit quality instead.
Marisa A PCB Extra Clear
This is my first extra clear.

Mountain of Faith Extra clear with Reimu A
Video coming once internet and youtube stops sucking.

Imperishable night is probably next, or PCB Phantasm. IN's furthest is hourai doll. Phantasm is Shikigami Ran. I still need to work on phantasm's stage portion (lol stupid deaths)  :V

All my extra clears are done in school, does this mean I get further when under pressure?  :o

« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
I've been playing touhou for a year now!  :D

And while my greatest accomplishment is still the Lunatic Shizuha timeout  :ohdear: ... I got the UFO extra clear today! Yay! I only managed to get 1 extra life out of the UFO's in the stage, and it was my first time getting past Rainbow UFO. I'm happy with this, it's totally surreal.

This leaves only EoSD extra out of the windows games.

I also got the SA Normal 1cc with Marisa/Nitori. Which means I've 1cc'd Normal with every shot-type in EoSD, PCB, PoFV, MoF, SA and UFO (only done all teams in IN).
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
Gave IaMP a random run today. I don't particularly like that game because the controls are a little "out there". So I practiced as Suika for a while, then got a normal 1cc on my first try. Gosh, Reimu's last spell is a pain. Every time I got up from being knocked down, she made hits on me and put me back down. I didn't even have a chance to do anything yet. Ah well, I still beat it. :D
"Out there", how so?  I think the most complex inputs in IaMP (or any of the fighters actually) are just 623 (shoryuken) inputs... Anyway, concerning Reimu, some of her bullets hit through block so you should probably graze on wakeup for that spell.  It is a bitch though, way harder than Suika's last spell.  My suggestion is don't worry about getting hit and just try to hit Reimu instead, 66, hj9, jb her, fall, repeat.  If you have missing purple power with you, that would probably do the trick as well - that or your giant hitbox would get you slaughtered... I should try that...

EDIT: Nevermind, you don't even get enough time to declare on that card.  Though if you could it'd probably be really easy <_<.

Border Label. Didn't think of that. That was a good one.  :)
Well your lack of default lives 1cc's doesn't mean much when it comes to IN since you have a clear with MS. And let's face it, doing a lunatic run with five starting lives is still just as good as a normal one if you just finish with those extra lives in stock.

Put in that effort. Win big. Learn the stages, bomb the rest, 1cc get.
IN =(.  I think I made Hourai elixir with 4 lives and finished with 1 life no bombs when I did that one... MS was actually quite easy imo - the only tough parts are Shinki, Yumeko, Yuki's bulletspam phase, and maybe a bit of stage 4 if you misjudge your hitbox a little on the icicles.  Stages 1-3 are pretty much a NDNB.  That's all Mima though, it might be harder with someone else.  I'll work on PCB ReimuB a bit and hopefully have it by the end of this week - if not, I'll go back to SakuyaA since I won't have the Tourney holding me to Reimu.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:51:57 PM by chirpy13 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »
By out there, I mean much different than SWR and Hisoutensoku, which simplified it IMO. The close and far differentiating in IaMP for A and B keys is confusing to judge with. And the way spells are used and bombs are used are a bit trickier than SWR. I don't like IaMP as much, but I'm getting into it again. Suika FTW! <3
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2011, 11:23:53 PM »
I don't like IaMP as much, but I'm getting into it again. Suika FTW! <3
Agreed.  Suika is awesome <3

« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2011, 12:43:19 AM »
why are you playing fighting games against the cpu

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »
I am a gog.

Comprehensive List of Touhou Extra Modes That Exist But I Have Not Yet Done (CLoTEMTEBIHNYD):
SoEW
StB
UFO
DS
GFW (<- only one I really care about at this point)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:25:57 AM by 8lue_megid0 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:42 AM »
why are you playing fighting games against the cpu
Because I can. :/
Well for one, on IaMP, I'm no where near good enough to fight a person unless they also suck. And two, on the later fighters, I'm busy re-unlocking spell cards since I realized that I messed up. I had Hisoutensoku in it's own folder pointing to SWR in another folder. Doing that makes some spell cards not unlockable, until you put hisoutensoku in the SWR folder. BUT, you have to wipe the score.dat to do that, so I'm going through it all over again.

On a side note, Remilia normal 1cc in IaMP. She makes Pandemonium too easy, at least on normal. <3
TF2 Backpack

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2011, 09:02:33 AM »
On a side note, Remilia normal 1cc in IaMP
Now do Meiling in arcade mode lunatic :D

« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
Guess who didn't notice that Touhoumaniac had uploaded a score.dat file and went to unlock stage practice for SanaeA on his own?
Well, that would be me. I spent the entirity of Tuesday and Wednesday playing UFO. That ought to make Naut happy.

I got this Hard 1cc that I thought was really cool so I decided to upload it. You can see it here.
You can also get the replay here.

Highlights? Perfect Shou. The keyboard doing pranks on me. Lots of improvisation due to long absence from the game. I still somehow manage to get a lot of lives. Maybe the run would be good as an instructional video for those struggling with UFO Hard.

Which for the record isn't as Hard as the other games on Lunatic.  :V (Except for PCB)

This would mean that i've 1cc'd this on Hard with everyone but the Marisa's.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »
Just no-missed GFW Extra stage portion. I'm not getting wrecked quite as badly by her early nonspells, neither, so yeah. Might get yet another new extra clear in the near future.

« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2011, 07:28:41 PM »
Has anyone 1cc'd Flanchan.zip yet? I'm watching random Youtube vids of it and it looks disgustingly hard.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
Has anyone 1cc'd Flanchan.zip yet? I'm watching random Youtube vids of it and it looks disgustingly hard.
Jaimers has, but I'm not sure about anyone else.  I did a 4 continue clear <_<.

« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:48 PM »
Jaimers has, but I'm not sure about anyone else.  I did a 4 continue clear <_<.

The noise the whole world just heard was my jaw hitting the floor...

*watches*
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
Just perfected Kogasa, which is synonymous for capturing the final spell. After all this time she's still tough.

KKS and Monster Train. They are my demons right now.

« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »
She went and hanged herself.  And then there were none.  EoSD extra clear.  SoEW, SA, UFO, and GFW remain.