Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147290 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »
Practice more I guess.  :V
I find it easier on max rank for some reason.
Depending on how the rank is implemented to affect the gameplay, my suggeston would be the ever-favorite:

Faster bullets fired at the same rate leave larger gaps to move through.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
It's a combination of memorization and pixel perfect execution.

Practice more I guess.  :V
I find it easier on max rank for some reason.

I guess it wasn't on max rank when I savestated, but it's just baffling to me. I can get the first four dodges down pretty well, but no matter what I tried I could never find a consistent way to avoid the fifth wave, because that's when two waves overlap and form a solid wall. I guess I'll try again and make sure I reach it at max rank.

Yeah i get what you mean. Though, playing anything earlier than LLS is counter-productive. :)

You know, a big part of why I took your joking seriously is because your jokes sound a lot more like forcing opinions on people.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2011, 11:20:31 PM »
Hourai Elixir still captures if you die at the end.

I forgot to save the replay, so I did it again <_<.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:22:25 PM by chirpy13 »

nintendonut888

« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2011, 11:49:07 PM »
Huh. Turns out entering below max rank really was the problem all along. Just captured Yuka's final phase! :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2011, 12:12:11 AM »
Some recent accomplishments ive had are beating SA extra reimu b and c.  It wasn't terrible but they both had there problems =/.  Also I caputured Subterranean Rose for the first time!  :V
2lazy2createbettersig

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2011, 12:52:25 AM »
Some recent accomplishments ive had are beating SA extra reimu b and c.  It wasn't terrible but they both had there problems =/.  Also I caputured Subterranean Rose for the first time!  :V

Congrats!
You're so lucky..... I can only beat Subterranean Rose without game-overing only if I do a cheesy time-out with Marisa C (it doesn't matter how many lives I start the spellcard with...)

Right now, during a Lunatic UFO run with Reimu B, I captured Drowning Sign "Sinkable Vortex" for the first time!
(But then, I derped and gameovered on Ghost "Dipper Creeping Close"... with 3 seconds left)..... :V

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2011, 03:50:12 AM »
Fail with Sakuya B and Reimu B - Win with Reimu A.
How?  :V
Oh well, I guess I get extra coolpoints for using a weaker shot type(?)

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2011, 04:20:05 AM »
Failed flying fantastica while the bar was humming... When I usually fail it before the halfway point.  Woo, maybe I'm on the way to capturing this thing!

nintendonut888

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2011, 06:36:21 AM »
Perfected stage 5 Yuka! It took some work to get her last attack down on max rank, but nothing I can't handle. :D Also, I 1DNB'd stage 6 Yuka, neatly replacing the void in the one mistakes club. Now the only bosses left in LLS are stage 6 Yuka and Reimu.

* Donut shudders

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2011, 07:14:29 AM »
You know, a big part of why I took your joking seriously is because your jokes sound a lot more like forcing opinions on people.

Wasn't necessarily joking this time.  :V

If you gotta spend a lot of time to pull of something, don't waste it on Mima. Spend it on something that's actually decently made. Like most stuff LLS and onwards! (Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with PoDD but its... like PoFV not suited for that sort of challenges)

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »
Fairy wars extra complete :V
Wasn't even that hard, I just never got myself to do it.

Kinda sucky that my completion run was really messy and failed most cards, that I could capture in fail runs.

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2011, 02:20:07 AM »
PoFV Lunatic 90 FPS default lives 1cc with Cirno followed by the very familiar "th09.exe has stopped working" when saving a replay. I guess I'll try and do it again when frapsing it live... only Aya & Shiki are really hard, the rest honestly doesn't change that much. Took me 20-something attempts to get Shiki to die before I did without using a continue, though.

Also more low-health QED & even a collapse fail on 90 FPS Flandre, can't really be bothered with her anymore at this point...

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2011, 05:33:56 AM »
I guess this one fits both here and in the failures topic.  Made it to stage 4 MS Lunatic only dying once (on Alice, fair enough I guess since I had no bombs at the start)... Then I go and burn 6 lives and my bombs on stage 4, leaving me with 1 life no bombs on stage 5.  I fail the run on the aimed triple-icicle fairies on stage 5 because I have a hard time streaming that slowly.  It was a blind run though, so we'll see how it goes next time I guess =p.

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2011, 06:44:11 AM »
Considering that you made it to Stage 5 despite losing that many resources you should be able to squeeze out a 1cc if you stop dying at stage 4.
Though losing that many lives makes me wonder if you play with default resources or not. Haven't ever bothered to 1cc this on anything harder than Hard so i have really forgotten how many lives you can get. Iirc it wasn't that many though.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:17 PM »
Considering that you made it to Stage 5 despite losing that many resources you should be able to squeeze out a 1cc if you stop dying at stage 4.
Though losing that many lives makes me wonder if you play with default resources or not. Haven't ever bothered to 1cc this on anything harder than Hard so i have really forgotten how many lives you can get. Iirc it wasn't that many though.
You can start with 6 in LLS/MS, and I usually do my first 1ccs of a difficulty with max, and then work my way to default once I'm better at it.  Meaning I lost 7 lives on stage 4 or something >_>.  Pretty much all of them were icicle bullets and me misjudging my hitbox a little, nothing I can't fix easily enough.  2 were on Yuki, but she's pretty tough so that's fair enough I guess.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2011, 05:52:17 PM »
YES! Finally beat StB 6-6. Oh gosh, that took longer than it should have. (307 shots to get this)
Now on to the last two scenes of level 6. :ohdear:
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

nintendonut888

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Good job. I can't wait to see how many tries 9-6 takes you. :3

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2011, 06:17:39 PM »
Oh gosh, that one. I've given that one 13 shots and haven't made much progress. I'll wait till I get there, cause I want to get the previous levels down first. :derp:
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2011, 08:01:38 PM »
YES! Finally beat StB 6-6. Oh gosh, that took longer than it should have. (307 shots to get this)
Now on to the last two scenes of level 6. :ohdear:

Mine says 367. Congratulations.  :D You did it faster than i did. (Oh and i just attempted it and got it in two attempts but that's irrelevant.)

The next two scenes you'll be encountering will probably be easier for you since they are both much more about figuring out how to do them rather than dodging.

Touhou 13 lunatic 1cc

Lol,U WA TROLL. Imma insta dislike your video because i totally expect that when a link says Touhou 13 Lunatic 1cc it actually leads to a Touhou 13 Lunatic 1cc since i'm too stupid to realize that it is pretty hard to 1cc a game that hasn't been released.

I have spent 621 attempts at capturing 9-6 however three times. I'm curious about the amount of attempts it took you Donut. I went ahead and captured it just now. Took 7 attempts. :V

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »
MS Hard 1cc!

AND I WILL SUBMIT THE SCORE
HOW YOU LIKE THAT

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
Second attempt at MS Lunatic, made it to Shinki last life no bombs, got an extend, failed the run on lasers.

1cc in sight!

nintendonut888

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 10:08:31 PM »
I think it's worth saying that you can't really gauge "attempts" in StB and DS. What the game counts is the number of pictures you've taken, so even if you cleared Kinkakuji your first try, it'd still say you tried seven times. As for that number, it was somewhere in the thousands of shots. Not that it really matters.

Anyway, I've been taking some time today to see to my old pal SWR, clearing Sakuya and Tenshi's modes. I have to say, now I understand why Tenshi can have a story mode against eight opponents without being totally outmatched: Her attacks are really, REALLY overpowered. Her alternate 214 can drain a little under half the opponent's health in one hit. o_o I'm still not sure I'm crazy enough to try lunatic again though...

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »
Touhou 13 lunatic 1cc

That was a disappointing end boss. Getting faeries to do all the work for her?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

nintendonut888

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2011, 11:48:03 PM »
Bluh.

Hisoutensoku Cirno hard 1cc. I didn't understand before, and I still have no idea how people can consider this the easiest story mode. Cirno's damage output sucks, she's all but helpless against opponents in the air, is a sitting duck when IN the air (and due to her wings really likes hanging around up there), and has almost nothing but low priority projectiles (the 5C everyone talks about is too weak to be a viable attack measure). Most importantly, she just plain doesn't have a good damaging move that can lay the smack down on enemies when their spell gauge is drained. Sanae and Meiling both have powerful and versatile attacks for this and for draining the gauge, but Cirno has nothing. Ugh, I don't even want to imagine what lunatic is like for her.

(aimed below to not waste a post) And no, it doesn't matter -at all-. It's not a contest.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:50:20 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »
I think it's worth saying that you can't really gauge "attempts" in StB and DS. What the game counts is the number of pictures you've taken, so even if you cleared Kinkakuji your first try, it'd still say you tried seven times. As for that number, it was somewhere in the thousands of shots. Not that it really matters.

Yeah, counting attempts that way always seemed very odd to me. But you're right. The amount of attempts it has taken to capture a card or something like that an eternity ago isn't really relevant. What you can do at present day is more important.

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »
(aimed below to not waste a post) And no, it doesn't matter -at all-. It's not a contest.

You mean, "it's not a contest that I'm participating in."

nintendonut888

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »
No, it really doesn't matter. Whether it takes one, a hundred, or even a thousand tries, it's not a contest. The photo games are at their most fun when you're endlessly replaying a tough scene anyway. I thought HME got over the "who did it quicker" mentality and started celebrating improvements, rather than having to project a feeling of superiority onto every "congrats."

If I'm sounding too steamed about this, it's because Soku just fried my brain. =_=

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2011, 12:16:57 AM »
I heard Hisoutensoku actually had a somewhat challenging storymode... Maybe I should give it a go so it can stop being lonely as my only "never played" Touhou.