Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 146235 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »

Fuck thats awesome. Congratulations and welcome in the hall of fame!   :D

I'm...sorry to disappoint you?

I kinda miss the days when someone would congratulate me on a hard-earned accomplishment rather than demean it with "you haven't perfected this yet" and such.

Too bad. Nowadays more is expected of a person who've played the games for as long as you have. And who was a Lunatic before most of us begun on Hard. You must go time out VoWG.  :D Until then, rejoyce in your victory over Orin. She has a few hard attacks... well, mainly just Ghost Wheels but still. :D

FallenAngelVeronica, Kefit, Jaimers, Krim, BaitySM, Zetsumarshen, Zengeku, Sapz, Funen1, and me

Not sure of whether Zengeku or Sapz got it first, but the rest of the order should be right. And yes, that's 10.

Yeah, it was me who got it first. Sapz went ahead and pulled it off shortly after.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
Also p sure Krim did it before me.

Congrats Naut!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »
Too bad. Nowadays more is expected of a person who've played the games for as long as you have. And who was a Lunatic before most of us begun on Hard. You must go time out VoWG.  :D Until then, rejoyce in your victory over Orin. She has a few hard attacks... well, mainly just Ghost Wheels but still. :D

Yeah, see, that's the thing. I don't particularly like that. Just because I've been into the series for longer doesn't mean my accomplishments mean any less to me for doing them. :| Now it seems like everyone expects me to do these accomplishments and is like "you haven't done that yet?" It's pretty annoying to be honest.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2011, 12:23:17 AM »
And EoSD gets added to my list of Normal victories.

But ... wow, did things start going downhill after that death to Extreme Color Typhoon ..... -.-

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2011, 12:26:07 AM »
Yeah, see, that's the thing. I don't particularly like that. Just because I've been into the series for longer doesn't mean my accomplishments mean any less to me for doing them. :| Now it seems like everyone expects me to do these accomplishments and is like "you haven't done that yet?" It's pretty annoying to be honest.
No shit.  Perfect Orin is an awesome feat and I give you kudos.  She's nothing to sneeze at so can we stop that already.

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2011, 01:34:47 AM »

Think of how bad all the new players who can barely clear the game feel, considering they only ever get the one image response from Baity or me (and occasionally a congrats from Zengeku), whereas you still regularly get personal recognition from most of the top players here.

nintendonut888

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »
I get personal recognition? The last time I remember that happening was the Eirin perfect. When I perfected Kanako, you all on IRC skipped right over it to say PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT DAWG, and the only response to me perfecting Utsuho anywhere was:

Quote from: Zengeku
Well... technically you didn't perfect Kaguya and Eirin :V

And my reception for Orin here can basically be summed up with "you haven't perfected this stuff yet? Go do it." I'm not asking for special recognition, I'm just asking for a kind word every odd month on stuff I still try really hard at. Not that I foresee another major accomplishment for a long time.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2011, 04:52:10 AM »
UFO Stage 6 Normal cleared without deaths!

At 90FPS :smug:

brb recording

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 07:48:25 AM »
I get personal recognition? The last time I remember that happening was the Eirin perfect. When I perfected Kanako, you all on IRC skipped right over it to say PARTICIPATE IN THE TOURNAMENT DAWG, and the only response to me perfecting Utsuho anywhere was:

You do get personal recognition. You are pretty much the only person we treat like this. Everyone else gets a good proper congratulations while you get ordered to do something even more challenging.  :D

Okay, seriously now. What i did with that post back when you perfected Utsuho was just teasing you. Nothing for you to take seriously. Even if you didn't capture the final spells of those two boss fights you captured everything that mattered. For both Eirin and Kaguya it is their spellcards in the actual boss fights that are the hardest. The final spells are pretty simple once you know how to deal with them so even if you fail them it doesn't make the achievements less noteworthy.

I haven't perfected those bosses yet and i think your accomplishment was impressive. Much more so than defeating Orin which is also cool. Just not that cool considering what you can do.

Good job. EoSD was the hardest normal mode for me.

Jaimers

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 06:52:17 PM »

Hmm...

Drake

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:59 PM »
wtf how u do

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:26 PM »
Oh my gosh. 5 attempts into StB 6-5 today and I got it. That scene is plain annoying and I did it. That took sooo long to do too. Words cannot describe this. :o
Bullets coming in mass quantities from all four sides of the screen is not fun ZUN!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Jaimers

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 10:47:46 PM »
wtf how u do

Apparently you also gain extra lives in this game after getting certain amounts of graze points.

Kill the blue fairy line right of the bottom line ASAP to make enough room right around the big fairy. Supergraze timeout it and you get like 4-5 extra lives out of it.

WELP. Guess I'll try a lunatic 1cc tomorrow then.  :derp:

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2011, 12:37:08 AM »
Finally managed to scrape this together
I honestly didn't think I'd finish Okuu going in with only two lives, but I barely pulled it off-- even capturing my nemesis card, Hell's Tokamak :D
In retrospect, I'm pretty disappointed that I practically captured Subterranean Sun, then just bombed the last wall of bullets. If I had been thinking clearly I would have just unfocused and backed away from it :V
Oh well

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2011, 04:20:59 AM »
Playing TH12.3's arcade mode as Patchouli. I was fighting Aya, and I got that spell card when Patchy gets a ball of fire and throws it down at the ground under your enemy. Right before the ball made contact with the ground, the game crashed. I was like "LOL WHAT THE HELL?"

Other than that, I managed to beat TH10 on normal. Just had to bomb more aggressively and I managed to beat Kanako by bombspamming.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2011, 05:50:22 AM »

And my reception for Orin here can basically be summed up with "you haven't perfected this stuff yet? Go do it." I'm not asking for special recognition, I'm just asking for a kind word every odd month on stuff I still try really hard at. Not that I foresee another major accomplishment for a long time.
Aw, don't worry about it Donut.  Just enjoy yourself and leave the crazy stuff to Jaimers :P.  Speaking of Jaimers, I kinda feel like doing a no death no bomb timeout Gengetsu as well now... But at full speed!  At least I can savestate to right before the hell phase >_>.

EDIT: Perfect Mugetsu, maybe max rank, I can't tell (it's from an old savestate I had, but the bullets definitely seem a lot faster than normal).  Fairly decent Gengetsu fight (3 death 1 bomb <_<) after that as well.

Replay
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:35:13 AM by chirpy13 »

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Aw, don't worry about it Donut.  Just enjoy yourself and leave the crazy stuff to Jaimers :P.

That is not a winners attitude!

Jaimers

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »

ok 1cc'd lol

I kinda feel like doing a no death no bomb timeout Gengetsu as well now... But at full speed!  At least I can savestate to right before the hell phase >_>.

Wait, you're going to do a NDNB pacifist Gengetsu fight at 60 fps? Umm... good luck to you then! Even with save states there's a reason I did GRT at 15 fps you know.  :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »
Coo'. Taking a break from a massive study day, I played MS lunatic and got a new record: 4 deaths, 15 bombs. Stupid deaths were had as usual, but many were averted. Dumbest part was definitely when I entered Shinki 4/0, perfected her up until the phase where her wings turn red, and died there of all places. X( Also, I think this is possibly the first decent score I've ever gotten on MS lunatic, though I'm not sure how: 67,177,620 I didn't even approach the 400 point extend as usual, so I'm confused how this score is better than previous outings.

EDIT: The heck. Random MS extra run to balance things out, scored 94 million. It wasn't even a noteworthy run. o_O
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:08:47 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
Wait, you're going to do a NDNB pacifist Gengetsu fight at 60 fps? Umm... good luck to you then! Even with save states there's a reason I did GRT at 15 fps you know.  :V
I may or may not, but I made a savestate right before it so I can make attempts as I feel like it.  The benefit on my part is that skill doesn't really have much bearing on that attack; tap left and right and hope you survive~!

...But with how many attempts that would take me, I wouldn't be surprised if I could actually read it by the end...

EDIT: 4 attempts in, I can now read it, the issue is my actual dodging (my reflexes are not that good!!). It seems maybe feasible if I had a rhythm down for it though, since it's basically just two waves that repeat really fast for 40 seconds...

That is not a winners attitude!
Well, try hard and all that stuff too!  I meant more along the lines of accomplishing whatever, as long as he enjoys doing it.  No need to pacifist NDNB no vertical (would the no vertical even be possible with those conditions? >_>) max rank lunatic Mima just because you haven't yet... Though I'm sure someone will try it now that I've said it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:51:04 PM by chirpy13 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
No need to pacifist NDNB no vertical (would the no vertical even be possible with those conditions? >_>) max rank lunatic Mima
GIL.
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »
Marisa, Mima, and Evil Eye Sigma can't be timed out, so that kind of ruins the pacifst Mima idea.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
Marisa, Mima, and Evil Eye Sigma can't be timed out, so that kind of ruins the pacifst Mima idea.
I know that, I'm just saying that GIL can do anything. :V
TF2 Backpack

nintendonut888

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »
Skill isn't a factor if the goal literally cannot be achieved. If there are too many attacks that moving on a horizontal axis cannot avoid and not enough resources to survive those, then it is not possible no matter how good you are. Mima in particular I'm pretty sure is not possible no vertical, as some attacks require extreme misdirection.

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »
Cleared my personal high score of  th7 phantasm, in a practice mode, was feeling lazy...Attempting to safespot BoLaD but couldn't pull it off, so did it the hardcore way instead...well finished with 5 lives and 3 bombs, due to a bad memory where the 1 safespot is in Yukari's final spellcard and somewhere else. Score:  898, 377, 250.

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
Why is that when you pick up the games after not playing them for a while, you can suddenly accomplish things you could never do before?  It's so addicting...

Anyway, I increased my Normal High Score in SA by an ungodly amount (more than doubled it), and cleared it with ~6 lives remaining.  I think I've only cleared SA once before...

So here
Spoiler:
so you can laugh at my mediocrity
: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12591

nintendonut888

« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2011, 09:07:04 AM »
Finally went through and savestated Lotus Land Story. Accomplishments during these savestates were:

LLS Marisa perfect
Rings of doom capture (first try, surprisingly)
Captured stage 5 Yuka's final phase for the first time (again, first try, whoo Jaimers that strategy rocks)
Managed to not capture stage 6 Yuka's final phase after 25 minutes of trying. :derp:

Jaimers. Hey hey, Jaimers. How you supposed to do this again?

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
I meant more along the lines of accomplishing whatever, as long as he enjoys doing it.  No need to pacifist NDNB no vertical (would the no vertical even be possible with those conditions? >_>) max rank lunatic Mima just because you haven't yet... Though I'm sure someone will try it now that I've said it.

Yeah i get what you mean. Though, playing anything earlier than LLS is counter-productive. :)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »
Over the first three and a half years since I began playing PoFV, I cleared only one storyline. Over the past three and a half WEEKS, I have cleared seven different ones and only have Mystia's left to clear.

Also, considering the number of times I've faced Aya and the number of random dragon counters she gets, I still joke that she cheats.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Jaimers

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »
Jaimers. Hey hey, Jaimers. How you supposed to do this again?

It's a combination of memorization and pixel perfect execution.

Practice more I guess.  :V
I find it easier on max rank for some reason.