Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 147324 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 12:34:30 AM »
No, it really doesn't matter. Whether it takes one, a hundred, or even a thousand tries, it's not a contest.

To you, it certainly is not. But don't take away other people enjoying a little competition. Just don't participate if you don't want to. You saying that kind of thing doesn't matter even though it does to some of us isn't too far off somebody else saying the accomplishments you make don't matter, despite them being important to you but maybe not to us.

I thought HME got over the "who did it quicker" mentality and started celebrating improvements, rather than having to project a feeling of superiority onto every "congrats."

We do celebrate improvements, all the time. Some of us also like to compete. As a matter of fact, the competition drives many of us to improve faster. It's not about "projecting a feeling of superiority onto every 'congrats,'" and I'm sorry that's how you interpret it. There is never any condescension when congratulating somebody on their acheivements. Well, not anymore, I can't really speak of days long past I guess.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
I heard Hisoutensoku actually had a somewhat challenging storymode... Maybe I should give it a go so it can stop being lonely as my only "never played" Touhou.

Gah, don't speak of it. I can't beat even Cirno on Hisoutensoku.

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:32 AM »
Second attempt at MS Lunatic, made it to Shinki last life no bombs, got an extend, failed the run on lasers.

1cc in sight!
Third attempt, inching ever closer!!  This time made it to Shinki with 4 lives and got an extend, but still failed.

EDIT: 1cc =D

Went into Shinki with 5 lives no bombs, died once on lasers (as the phase ended, gg), bombed a couple times on the first red wing phase, captured Devil's Recitation PC98 Edition, captured (her loleasy) last phase.  Technically this run could pass as a default resources clear if I took off 3 of those lives and added some more score.  Yay!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:35:53 PM by chirpy13 »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2011, 01:58:19 AM »
PoFV, now with 100% of all character scenarios cleared! Let's see how long I can last in Extra without totally making a fool of m'self!

Not long at all!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2011, 02:29:39 AM »
PoFV, now with 100% of all character scenarios cleared! Let's see how long I can last in Extra without totally making a fool of m'self!

Not long at all!
Haha, yeah, that's what's happening to me. I can get a few stages in and then it ends. I don't like to use Komachi but whatever.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2011, 02:32:01 AM »
Haha, yeah, that's what's happening to me. I can get a few stages in and then it ends. I don't like to use Komachi but whatever.
You could probably clear it with Tewi no problem.  That autobomb if you get hit completely trivializes Extra.  Of course, it's more fun to do it with a harder character =3.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2011, 02:34:36 AM »
Yeah but to do it with Tewi you first have to clear with Komachi and Shikieiki.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2011, 03:29:22 AM »
Yep. When you first have it unlocked, your only option is Komachi, so I'm stuck with her. :wat:
Then I'll get Shikieiki, which will then unlock the other Prismriver's for matches once I clear extra with her, then after that I don't know. Maybe the rest of the cast?
TF2 Backpack

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2011, 03:36:15 AM »
and maybe it's just me but i think it's a lot harder with shikieiki than it is with komachi  :ohdear:

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2011, 03:40:24 AM »
Right, forgot about unlocking stuff.  I grabbed a fully unlocked score dat when I got it so I could netplay so I never think about unlocking characters and that.

« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
EDIT: 1cc =D

Good i suppose. Next time, try doing it with default settings.

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2011, 06:48:04 PM »
Good i suppose. Next time, try doing it with default settings.
Meh, I'm fine with my performance matching defaults; it's not like it makes your runs any worse right?  I can't submit scores with T98 lag (which is the main reason for lowering it) and I can't even see the bullets in Anex because it's too flickery (hell knows how I managed LLS in it).  Of course, I'll probably go for default lives for the other windows games after I get them down, or if I somehow manage to survive the invisible Anex bullets, since I can actually submit scores for those.  In the meantime though I won't worry too much about it.

To you, it certainly is not. But don't take away other people enjoying a little competition. Just don't participate if you don't want to. You saying that kind of thing doesn't matter even though it does to some of us isn't too far off somebody else saying the accomplishments you make don't matter, despite them being important to you but maybe not to us.
I feel weird rolling back this many posts, but oh well.  You may just be talking generally and I'm missing the point or something, but I don't quite see how attempts for a first capture matter either - like Zengeku said, it's more about how consistently you can capture it, or how well you can score on it.  I mean, it's not like we go back 8 years to PCB's release and think our failures from back then reflect our current ability or anything.  I mean, I guess you could delete your score.dat and compete that way, but it seems like quite an obscure thing to compete over.

Also, since I just noticed, happy birthday BSoD!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:21:48 PM by chirpy13 »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »
Just my two cents: Once you get comfortable enough with your performance, you should move down to default lives. Maybe it's just me, but I found that when I played on max lives, I was much more careless due to the added resources, even ending up performing worse because of it. I also found it to be less rewarding due to you not doing it on the "normal" amount of lives, even if you did well enough to have done it anyway. Of course, it's up to you, but MoF-on doesn't grant you such favors...
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »
Just my two cents: Once you get comfortable enough with your performance, you should move down to default lives. Maybe it's just me, but I found that when I played on max lives, I was much more careless due to the added resources, even ending up performing worse because of it. I also found it to be less rewarding due to you not doing it on the "normal" amount of lives, even if you did well enough to have done it anyway. Of course, it's up to you, but MoF-on doesn't grant you such favors...
You may have a point there, I never really considered that... Of course, I was playing for survival here anyway, but when I went into Shinki's last few phases with 5 lives in reserve, I certainly wasn't too worried about dying, since I could pretty much just bomb through the rest of it at that point if I wanted.  Less pressure, fewer deaths possibly?  Or at the same time, it could have made things worse from being too comfortable as you said... Ah psychology, such a strange thing.

Also, is it just me or are distracting thoughts really not as distracting as they seem?  Somehow, I always manage to dodge hard stuff when I go in expecting to die, or get close to the end and think I might capture/clear the card/boss.  You'd think it'd ruin my performance or something, but for some reason it usually doesn't...

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2011, 07:37:49 PM »
Also, is it just me or are distracting thoughts really not as distracting as they seem?  Somehow, I always manage to dodge hard stuff when I go in expecting to die, or get close to the end and think I might capture/clear the card/boss.  You'd think it'd ruin my performance or something, but for some reason it usually doesn't...
i find that distracting thoughts often help my performance, even if they have nothing to do with playing. sometimes my mind goes through prerecorded thought chains that sync with the stage (i.e. when this set of fairies comes on screen, i think about a conversation i had with a friend). i guess it just keeps me from overthinking patterns and takes my mind off the stress of how many lives i have left
i don't think that's the kind of distracting thought you were talking about though, but you know

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »
Also, since I just noticed, happy birthday BSoD!
:D :D :D

Anyway, finally cleared all of StB level 6 today! Finally! Now, onward, to level 7! (in which I already have two scenes done)
TF2 Backpack

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
Just 1cc'd EoSD Normal Reimu A. For the first time ever. I'm so happy right now. I think I'm a bit too bomb-happy during stages 5 & 6. 

I want to try out Flandre this minute, but I promised I'd save her for my friends.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2011, 11:26:39 PM »
:D :D :D

Anyway, finally cleared all of StB level 6 today! Finally! Now, onward, to level 7! (in which I already have two scenes done)
Woah dude congrats i remember scene 6 being quite difficult.  However it doesnt compare to the later scenes  :V Anyways congrats and have fun with scene 7!
Just 1cc'd EoSD Normal Reimu A. For the first time ever. I'm so happy right now. I think I'm a bit too bomb-happy during stages 5 & 6. 

I want to try out Flandre this minute, but I promised I'd save her for my friends.
GJ Bro!  You can never be too bomb happy when it comes to stages 5 and 6.  You used your resources and that's good.  Have fun with extra!
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:10 AM »
Meh, I'm fine with my performance matching defaults; it's not like it makes your runs any worse right?  I can't submit scores with T98 lag (which is the main reason for lowering it) and I can't even see the bullets in Anex because it's too flickery (hell knows how I managed LLS in it).  Of course, I'll probably go for default lives for the other windows games after I get them down, or if I somehow manage to survive the invisible Anex bullets, since I can actually submit scores for those.  In the meantime though I won't worry too much about it.

Sorry. I'm blind. I saw your end-game screen as 0 lives and 4 bombs. I'm used to see lives above bombs so.. congratulations on a default resources 1cc... that I haven't even done. :V

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »
Some loose ends to finish up.

IN perfect stage 4A lunatic. Last Spell included this time.

Also, I just remembered that we all forgot the obligatory accomplishments lists?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
Ah yes. I can never remember to do that without someone else mentioning it first. Here's mine (everything on Lunatic if not mentioned otherwise):

EoSD: Lunatic 1cc, Extra cleared, Stages 1, 2, and 3 perfected
PCB: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Extra, and Phantasm perfected
IN: Lunatic 1cc, Extra cleared, Stages 1 and 2 perfected
STB: all 85 Scenes cleared
MoF: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and Extra perfected, VoWG Lunatic perfect time-out
SA: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and Extra perfected
UFO: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, and Extra perfected
DS: all 108 Scenes cleared as Aya, all 99 Scenes cleared as Hatate
GFW: all routes 1cc'd on Lunatic, Extra cleared
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »
Well then.

HRtP
Lunatic 1cc both routes
SoEW
Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no double-tapping 1cc, no bombs 1cc, perfect stages 1,2,3,4, Perfect max rank Mima
Extra: all shottypes, no double-tapping, no vertical, perfect clear
PoDD
Lunatic 1cc with Marisa, Yumemi, Kotohime, Lunatic 1LC with Reimu
LLS
Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no bombs lunatic 1cc, perfect stage 1,2,3,5,6, Every boss perfected at max rank
Extra: all shottypes, no vertical, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Mugetsu and Gengetu
MS
Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, perfect stages 1,2,3,6, every boss perfected at max rank
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Alice
EoSD
Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no focus 1cc, no bombs 1cc, Perfect stages 1,2,3,5, stage 6 no deaths, Scarlet Gensokyo timeout
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Flandre
PCB
Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no focus 1cc, no bombs and intentional borders 1cc, Perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6
Extra: no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Ran
Phantasm: no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Yukari
IaMP
Lunatic 1cc with Patchouli
IN
Main: lunatic 1cc all teams, Reimu Solo, Sakuya Solo, no bombs 1cc, perfect stages 1,2,3,4a,4b,5, all last words timed out except for Mystia's and Youmu's.
Extra: all teams, perfect clear, no focus, no shooting Mokou
PoFV
Main: lunatic 1cc with all 14 characters, match mode AI victory
Extra: 5 characters (lazy)
StB
all 85 scene success, 43,7 million score
MoF
Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no bombs 1cc, lunatic 1LC, perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6, VoWG timeout, no focus VoWG capture, Post Momiji walls capture
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Suwako
SWR
Lunatic 1cc with Reimu
SA
Main: lunatic 1cc with ReimuA,B,C and MarisaC, no bombs 1cc, perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6
Extra: all shottypes, perfect clear, no shooting Koishi
UFO
Main: lunatic 1cc with all shottypes, no bombs 1cc, perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Nue
UNL
Lunatic 1cc with Cirno and Meiling
DS
108/108 as Aya, 43,7 million score
99/99 as Hatate, 30 million score
GFW
Main: Lunatic 1cc all routes, A1 no bombs 1cc
Extra clear

- All spellcards captured sans GFW
- Concealed the Conclusion lunatic 1cc, all spellcards captured
- Seihou all clear and all lunatic clear.

Cleaned it up a bit.

« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »
HRtP - 500 continue clear (>_>)
SoEW - ReimuA Hard 1cc, all shot types 1cc'd
PoDD - Normal clear (forgot who with, maybe it was Yumemi)
LLS - Lasermari Lunatic and extra clears, all shots cleared on hard
MS - Mima Extra and Lunatic clears
EoSD - MarisaA Hard clear
PCB - ReimuB Hard and Phantasm clear, Extra with all shot types
IaMP - Lunatic with all characters, maybe some 1 life clears (can't remember)
IN - ReimuKari Lunatic/Extra clears, no death easy mode Reimu, Yukari, Marisa, Youmu, 1 death normal Yukari solo, most last words open (missing Alice/Yukari)
PoFV - Lunatic Aya/Medicine, Tewi Extra
StB - 36 Scenes
MoF - Extra and Hard with ReimuB
SWR - Patchy Lunatic 1cc
SA - Normal with 4 shot types, nothing special
UFO - Normal with Sanae shots, nothing special
Hisoutensoku - Someone send me a score dat that doesn't force me to use lolbad Sanae.
DS - 25 Scenes
GFW - All routes on easy (I don't like this game enough to try harder)
Seihou Shuusou Gyoku - Normal 1cc
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:55:03 PM by chirpy13 »

« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
Vajra of Perfect Buddhism L 1/70.

FINALLY.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »
Finally got a No Death run. Too bad it was on Easy mode

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2011, 11:58:43 PM »
obligatory accomplishments lists?
EoSD: MarisaB lunatic 1cc, Extra clear
PCB: SakuyaA lunatic 1cc, Extra + Phantasm clear
IN: Border Team lunatic 1cc, All Teams extra clear, all cards unlocked (and captured, except 2)
StB: Extra unlocked
MoF: MarisaC lunatic 1cc, Extra clear
SA: ReimuA normal 1cc, Extra clear
UFO: SanaeB normal 1cc, Extra clear
GFW: all routes easy 1cc (I'm terribad at this game :V)
DS: Hatate unlocked
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:05:26 AM by Eva Beatrice »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »
The player girl goes "pyuu pyuu pyuu pyuu", and won't even lose when it's haaaaard.
When she gets hit, she starts all again, it's the nintendonut destinyyyyy.
The extra boss goes "kero kero" and somehow she wins every tiiiiime.
But eventually she'll lose, spell card by card, it is the extra boss destinyyyyy.

It is the extra boss destinyyyyy.

Spoiler:
No I don't have any shame, why do you ask?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:27:59 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2011, 01:13:13 AM »
EoSD lunatic 1cc, this time with default lives. This is the 2nd time I've cleared it.
Ended with 0/0 resource as I panic bomb away anything remaining near the end of Scarlet Gensokyo.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12695

Sakuya's and Remillia's last cards are seriously freaking hard.
Also, somehow I lost 2 lives in stages 3/4/5/6, no more no less, for some reason :V

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2011, 06:06:18 AM »
Made it up to midboss Eirin on Lunatic. Alright, next we go for the 1cc!

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »
An accomplishment list? Alright then. Only posting about Lunatic mode and Extra too.

All Extra's cleared except for SoEW but who can blame me about that one.
Perfect Suwako. Perfect Nue. Perfect Ran. Perfect: All Stage 1,2 3 bosses, Prismriver Sisters, Marisa, Aya, Satori (ReimuA), Murasa, Youmu, Sanae, Orin, Yuyuko, Kanako and Utsuho. In addition to that i have timed out a crapload of difficult spellcards including VoWG and Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana.

1cc's:
LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, PoFV, SA and GFW.

And all scenes beaten in StB and DS. In DS, I have beaten every scene with both characters.

It is the extra boss destinyyyyy.

I would make a comment about how you died in the beginning of the stage just be a jackass but considering how pointless it in fact is i'll just refrain from doing so and say congratulations for perfecting Suwako. Good job, i have no idea how to do Houei Era too.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:28:45 AM by ゼンゲク »