Author Topic: About movement speeds...  (Read 2800 times)

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
About movement speeds...
« on: November 17, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »
Hello,

Am I wrong when I say that the player movement speed in PoFV is generally (a lot) faster than in the other games? In comparison to Sikieiki (my fave), every type of Reimu and Marisa in any other Touhou game move with the same grace as an ox would, and this frankly sucks when playing on Lunatic. Sluggish movement won't let me use my reflexes as much as I'd like to.

:(

Seriously, Siki moves like a scalpel when compared to any non-PoFV character. I would get such a huge leg-up if she was available as a player character outside of PoFV.

Discuss and agree, please.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:35:02 PM by MasterSpark »

Re: About movement speeds...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 01:04:38 AM »
I don't think that there's a noticeable difference in their movespeeds.. but mind you, I'm a bit used with certain ships in certain shmups too :p (Judgespear slave, Dangun Feveron's cat)

anyways, Yuka's fun and challenging to play with (in a score run) due to her low speed, and against Medicine, most people are expected to play unfocused most of the time :p
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:39:33 AM »
Maybe it's because the screen's smaller?

Smallfry

• Life.....Death.....
  • I own it all
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:42 AM »
Reimu 3 in SA (Aya). It's like you're on steroids you move so fast.
SOMETIMES YA DON'T NEED TO BE FASTER THAN THE BEAR, JUST FASTER THAN THE GUY NEXT TO YA

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:15:04 AM »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:24:54 AM »
SA Lunatic No-Focus Pacifist with ReimuC.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
Although I'm not sure about them moving generally faster or slower or something (poFV has a fair amount of variety), it does have some really weird movement speeds.

Like Sakuya's speed that doesn't change when focused vs unfocused.  D:

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »
"We don't kid about speed." Aya answered in an interview.
Dodges?  We don't need no stinking dodges!

O-Life Japan now tops my must-get-music list.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 04:50:50 PM by K.B. »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »
Like Sakuya's speed that doesn't change when focused vs unfocused.  D:
I think you mean Cirno.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 07:30:41 AM »
I think you mean Cirno.
It's possible.  It's been a while since I've booted up PoFV.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
Both Cirno and Sakuya move about 3/4 as fast focused as opposed to unfocused, while others tend to hover around 1/2 region (some go as slow as 1/3 or so).

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »
Both Cirno and Sakuya move about 3/4 as fast focused as opposed to unfocused, while others tend to hover around 1/2 region (some go as slow as 1/3 or so).
And then there's Youmu.

(I'm pretty sure Sakuya slows down more than Cirno when focused.  I wouldn't even be able to tell if I'm focused or not with Cirno if it weren't for the visible hitbox and scope)