Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 160930 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2013, 04:13:58 AM »
>Wait, don't they glow when they....
>Oh, FUCK YES.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
>Lost a penguin in the snow? That's terrible!
>Well losing any pokemon can't be fun.
>"China, if you've got the juice, let's find the dood."

> "Thank you!" Kogasa says. She hurls a pokeball at the last dragonite, quickly catching it. As she walks along the path you cleaved through the snow to retrieve the ball, you can clearly see the thing Nue slapped to Kogasa - a simple "kick me" sign. While this is relatively expected, there are also a couple of spell symbols on the corners.

> Your China salutes, then closes its eyes as it's dreadlock-thingies lift. It then leads Kogasa through the snow, occationally turning sharply as Kogasa occationally falls through.

>Get AGITATED at the thought of having a RIVAL in our conquest of MoKogasa
>MOKOGASA OTP

> You are too EXHAUSTED to be AGITATED.

> Still, you worry that Nue might be getting between you and Kogasa, what with her having obvious history with the umbrella youkai and similar interests. You are hardly one to let a simple thing like monumental differences come between you and your conquests!

>"Let's see, spend the night on a cold mountain or go back to Gensokyo and go find those trouble areas tomorrow. Yeah, back to Gensokyo it is."

> "No complaints here," Nue says, fondly regarding your Charmeleon's glow.

>"Hey Lighter, what's up with the glow?"

>Wait, don't they glow when they....
>Oh, FUCK YES.

> Your Charmeleon grows wings. And size.

> Congratulations! Your Charmeleon evolved into Charizard!

>How long till we can fly again by the way?

> All the way up there? It's pretty far, you'd need to be well rested to not just fall back down.

> Course, you have a couple more options now than you did five minutes ago.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
>Does Lighter now know Sky Attack?
>Mount up, practice flying.
>Lighter was a man, I mean he was a dragon man, or maybe he was just a dragon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:41:21 AM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2013, 01:15:24 AM »
>HELLZ YEAH!
>Just know that our dragon outshines Kaguya's giant plant anyday.
>Note to have Lighter set Kaguya on fire.
>In fact, all our pokemon must beat on Kaguya at some point.
>"Way to be badass Lighter!"
>When China finds Kogasa's penguin, we're flying back to Gensokyo in style.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2013, 02:36:06 AM »
>DYNAMIC ENTRY ON FLYING FIRE DRAGON!
>Well, after everyone's accounted for, of course.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 01:49:29 AM »
>HELLZ YEAH!
>Just know that our dragon outshines Kaguya's giant plant anyday.
>Note to have Lighter set Kaguya on fire.
>In fact, all our pokemon must beat on Kaguya at some point.
>"Way to be badass Lighter!"
>When China finds Kogasa's penguin, we're flying back to Gensokyo in style.

> You are confident that your dragon is better than Kaguya's plant. After all, you can't deep fry Kaguya with a plant!

>Does Lighter now know Sky Attack?
>Mount up, practice flying.
>Lighter was a man, I mean he was a dragon man, or maybe he was just a dragon.

> You don't know what Lighter has, but you decide you should practice flying. You tumble onto your dragon and do a quick loop around Kogasa and Nue. You are satisfied with your dragon.

> Well, whatever Lighter is, you are confident he is not dragonborn. Well, he is dragon born, but he's not the dragonborn, because while being the man and the dragon, he isn't man enough to be the dragon man (but he's more than dragon enough for the role).

>DYNAMIC ENTRY ON FLYING FIRE DRAGON!
>Well, after everyone's accounted for, of course.

> "Found him!" Kogasa says, lifting her penguin from beneath 2 feet of fluffy powder. Looking up, she remarks, "...you didn't bring me along as dragon food, did you?"

> "Maybe..." Nue taunts, returning her zoroark and taking out a magnet thingy.

> She then sits on the thing.

> "So, how you getting up?" Nue asks.

> "Well... uh... flying?"

> "That's a pretty far way to fly, and I doubt any of our dragonites are in condition for it."

> "I'll manage," Kogasa huffs.

> Would you like to now leave for Gensokyo?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 03:15:30 AM »
>Sure.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2013, 07:58:11 AM »
>Unmount, grab Kogasa by the arm, pull her towards Lighter.
>Mount +passenger

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »
>Sure.

>Unmount, grab Kogasa by the arm, pull her towards Lighter.
>Mount +passenger

> As China and Prinny are returned to their balls, you help Kogasa onto your dragon. You're exhausted, and you're really ready for some R&R back home, so you ascend. Nue follows you are her UFO shaped pokemon, using it's antenna as a backrest.

> Soaring above the mountains under the sunrise (sunset to gensokyo), beneath you is a sea of clouds broken by a magestic mountain range. Above you is Gensokyo basked in amber light. You can see in every direction for miles, although distance makes picking anything in particular out difficult. As you ascend, you feel lighter and lighter, until about halfway between the two continens you lose all sense of weight. You can float effortlessly here. As you begin to enjoy the newfound lack of weight, you spot an outcropping of rock distantly to the east, a fairly large, distant string of floating islands drifting between the two continents. One of the closest, smallest islets you can make out rapidly approaches you, stopping short of hitting you as you find yourself face to face with a blue-haired girl.

> "Hunting for dragon, found a person. You aren't planning on invading our little celestial plane, are you?"

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »
V
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:14:55 PM by O4rfish »

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »
>"Nope, got other things to do today. And tomorrow."
>Onwards to gensokyo.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2013, 11:51:21 PM »
>Ignore her. If she persists, demonstrate your firestarting skills. With enthusiasm.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2013, 07:29:08 PM »
>"Nope, got other things to do today. And tomorrow."
>Onwards to gensokyo.

> "That's it? Just gonna leave?" Tenshi asks.

> Kogasa replies, "Oh, well, I suppose we could-"

> "Yup." Nue says, cutting off Kogasa. Tenshi looks slightly crestfallen.

>Ignore her. If she persists, demonstrate your firestarting skills. With enthusiasm.

> You ignore Tenshi's obvious disappointment, and descend (ascend?) into Gensokyo, feeling the weight of gravity increase towards the continent below (above?). By the time you reach a thoudand feet up, gravity feels mostly normal, and it is Sinnoh precariously dangling overhead. The sun has fallen under Gensokyo's horizon, placing you in a jarringly early twilight. You find yourself at the outskirts of the human village when you realize your shack is hardly suitable for company.

> "Byakuren always has a bed for weary travelers," Nue suggests. "Let's stay with her." You don't think Keine would mind you using her house either; before Byakuren came along, she would often be the first person to house lost travelers, and is still the prefered choice of much of the human population. Byakuren would gladly house anyone and protect them from the likes of Rumia, but humans tended to be weary of sharing lodgings with youkai. Heck, if half the rumors about the Myouren temple are true their fears may be justified, you understand Byakuren takes in youkai with quite violent histories without hesitation. Mind you, Keine does not run an inn, and she expects the favor returned, but she'd never leave you outside and alone at night.

>_
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:30:50 PM by capt. h »

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »
>Bug Byakuren. If anyone's going to potentially get their place wrecked, let it be hers.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2013, 01:14:02 AM »
>Byakuren.
>Incidentally, do we know who Keine wants? Probably either Rinnosuke or Mokou, right?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »
>Incidentally, do we know who Keine wants? Probably either Rinnosuke or Mokou, right?

> Keine is quite close to you platonically. At least, you think it's platonic. Your mischievous side almost wants to ask her, if only to see what shade of red her cheeks turn.

> You think Keine might like Rinnosuke, though you aren't sure she realizes it. Though if their relationship were to get serious you wouldn't blame them for wanting to keep it low-key.  You don't keep up with the rumor mill much, but Rinnosuke has always been the subject of attention for elderly ladies. One of them will see a little girl or old lad visit his shop to purchase some ink, and by the third retelling it will be an all-night rendezvous with the mayor's wife. Half youkai have always been the subject of non-stop rumor.

>Bug Byakuren. If anyone's going to potentially get their place wrecked, let it be hers.

>Byakuren.

> You decide to go to Byakuren's place, letting Nue lead the way. In front of the temple Nue stops, dismounts her magnezone, and approaches Kogasa. She then turns Kogasa around, slaps a seal on her back over the "kick me" sign she placed earlier, and rips off both the sign and the seal.

> "Hey... what were you planning?" Kogasa huffs.

> "Kick me sign. Explodes when you try to remove it, unless you deactivate it first. I really don't want to sit through another lecture."

> Kogasa is somewhat annoyed by this, but she stays quiet as Nue makes to ring the temple bell. She then pauses, puts her Magnezone away, and says "Better put away that charizard, wouldn't want to burn the temple down." You comply with her requests as she rings the bell. After a moment, the door slams open, and you are greeted by a tall, brown haired lady with purple roots.

> "Nue! Kogasa! Welcome home! So tell me abou your friend there," the woman beams.

> "This is Mokou Huziwara," Kogasa explains. "She's accompanying us while we explore the new continent., Mokou, the is Byakuren Hijiri, founder of the Myouren temple."

> "Byakuren will be fine, no need for formality here," the lady beams. "It's so nice to see you two making friends. Come in, come in." The woman drags you into a large dining room, seating the three of you at the table. "Any friend of my disciples is a friend of mine!"

> "We aren't Buddhists yet," Nue says flatly.

> "I'm sure you'll come around. Anyway, it's almost supper. Let me introduce you to the rest of the family!"

> "Save the introductions for later," Nue says. "We've been travelling for hours, attacked by dragons, hit by a blizzard," Nue says, giving a sideways glance to Kogasa. "And we're just about ready to collapse."

> "Are you sure?" Byakuren asks. "I suppose meeting the family can wait, but we still really ought to talk. You must have noticed the imbalance above, and I'm not sure we should wait until this evening to discuss it."

> You consider your options:
> Go to bed
> Discuss crisis with Byakuren alone
> Meet temple residents over dinner
> Other

>_
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:46:50 PM by capt. h »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:25 PM »
>"Actually, we're fairly certain we know something about the cause of that. We just need some rest before we head after the one responsible."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
We do? who?

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 11:51:31 PM »
We don't but we know where to look in Sinnoh at least.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2013, 01:59:44 AM »
Team Galactic's boss. We know Galactic's responsible, and we were told their boss is at the top of the mountain. It's pretty clear he's behind this.

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2013, 02:09:19 AM »
Either way we're going to be roasting Galatic mooks if only to get rid of all that poison. And because its fun.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2013, 02:45:36 AM »
I see a Go to Bed option
Well we do need to recover before we slaughter Cyrus right?

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2013, 05:29:18 AM »
>Eat dinner, then go to bed with Kogasa.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2013, 10:37:11 PM »
>Look at Kogasa, then at Byakuren.

>"Sure. I'll have Kogasa for dinner in the bath!"

>Perhaps discussing the issue with Byakuren is a good idea. If the crisis is bad, any information that dominates the enemy would be great to have.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2013, 02:03:08 AM »
>Look at Kogasa, then at Byakuren.

>"Sure. I'll have Kogasa for dinner in the bath!"

> Byakuren and Kogasa both turn bright red as Nue adds, "Not without me you aren't."

>Eat dinner, then go to bed with Kogasa.

> You decide to take Byakuren up on her offer.

> "Wonderful!" Byakuren says, before calling out, "Nazrin! We'll need 3 extra plates tonight."

> "More deadbeats?" you here a girl reply through a side door.

> "Nazrin, Be nice. Kogasa and Nue are home, and they brought a friend."

> "Like I said, deadbeats." A mouse-eared girl comes through the door with 3 extra plates, setting them at otherwise empty seats. She is accompanied by another girl in a sailor outfit, holding a large pot. The second places the pot on the table, the aroma of spices and beef filling the room.

> The sailor girl  eyes you suspiciously for half minute, then with a slight nod she grins and gives you an outstretched arm. "Minamitsu Murasa, or Murasa for short. Welcome aboard my ship," the sailor girl says warmly.

> "Mokou Huziwara," you reply, shaking her hand.

> "Huziwara?" the mouse girl says, furrowing her brows in thought.

> "Introduce yourself." Byakuren says.

> "Nazrin. Just Nazrin." the mouse-eared girl says, turning to Byakuren. "Ichirin and Shou said to start without them, some business in the village."

> "I suppose it can't be helped," Byakuren says, as Murasa places food on each plate. She ladles a combination of rice, beef strips, and peppers onto each of the 6 plates, not much presentation, but the smell is wonderful.

> "Ah, now I remember," Nazrin says. "You're that fire breathing immortal, aren't you?"

> "Yup," Kogasa says.

> "So tell me, what do you see in these two deliquents anyway?" Nazrin adds.

> "There will be plenty of time for that later," Byakuren says, taking pouring herself a drink before handing it across the table to Nue. "First, tell me. What's going on. What do you know. We're in the dark here."

>Perhaps discussing the issue with Byakuren is a good idea. If the crisis is bad, any information that dominates the enemy would be great to have.

> Something you noted, though of little significance to Byakuren, is that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west in both continents. To clarify, it is as if a globe were placed next to an upside down globe - this means while in Sinnoh you would travel north using Sinnoh coordinates, the equivalent location would be south using Gensokyo coordiates. Basically, the epicenter of the problem is south on the upside-down Gensokyo. This also indicates a 12 hour time difference between continents - it is supper here right after sunset, but it's breakfast there shortly after sunrise.

>"Actually, we're fairly certain we know something about the cause of that. We just need some rest before we head after the one responsible."

> Kogasa cuts in, "On the other continent, some bad guys in an organization called team Galactic blotted out the sky with poison smog. When we broke through the clouds, we saw Gensokyo overhead."

> You add, "One of my pokemon got a fix on what we think their main base is, but we really need to rest first."

> "Pokemon...?" Byakuren asks.

> "Never heard of it," Murasa adds between mouthfuls.

> "Wait..." Nazrin says. "No. You've got to be kidding me. That's utterly rediculous. There is no way that's possible."

> "Nazrin?" Byakuren asks

> "How. How did you get there."

> "Yukari," Kogasa and Nue say in unison.

> "That... but..." Nazrin sighs. "Pokemon is a video game..."

> "Video game?" Byakuren asks.

> "Think of it as a children's bedtime story. A fantasy. A fable. It's not supposed to actually be real." Nazrin explains, fairly flustered. "It'll be easier for me to explain after, just tell them our version for now."

> "Alright then..." Byakuren says. "About 2 days ago, that world above use appeared over youkai mountain. As a result Gensokyo's gotten only 8 hours of sunlight in the past 48 hours, thank god it happened during a heat wave or we'd be freezing by now. On top of that, dragons have been sighted on Youkai Mountain. Strange birds too, but dragons," she looks at Kogasa particularly. "A long time before you were born, there were dragons, and they ate anything with meat on it, both human and youkai. They hunted in packs, and packs of them would raid villages and youkai strongholds. Fortunately, they didn't breed quickly, so the dragon hunters could slowly pick them off. If they lost a hundred men to take out one dragon, that was a victory. So humans and youkai went after the dragons, killing one here, another there, often taking massive casualties, until eventually the sightings stopped."

> "Oh." Kogasa says, the room otherwise silent.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2013, 03:46:41 AM »
>"Dragons."
>Run a search for Dragon-types in the Pokedex, and show Byakuren the results.
>"Do the dragons on the mountain today look like any of these?"
>"Wait, two days?"
>That's longer than Gensokyo was in the sky in Sinnoh, right?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2013, 04:46:20 AM »
>"Dragons."
>Run a search for Dragon-types in the Pokedex, and show Byakuren the results.
>"Do the dragons on the mountain today look like any of these?"

> You show her a selection of dragons

> "I haven't seen any of them personally, so I can't say," Byakuren says. "Though I think Shou saw one."

> "Black winged thing with a blue body," Murasa says.

> You find something that matches Nazrin's description, and show it to her.

> "Yeah, that could be it," she says between mouthfuls. "Though you'll have to ask Shou."

>"Wait, two days?"
>That's longer than Gensokyo was in the sky in Sinnoh, right?

> "Well, the continent only appeared yesterday morning, but the sky was a rune-covered mess for hours before that."

> You try to work out the timeline, using the clock on your phone as a guide. You first entered the caves about 30 hours ago, and yesterday morning for Gensokyo would have been a cloud covered night in Sinnoh, so you wouldn't have noticed anything overhead. The 12 hours preceding that the sky was covered by Galactic while you were in Oreburgh, meaning wouldn't have been able to see any runes that may have been in the sky.

> You suppose the timeline works out, but it annoys you it took so long for you to realize. You wonder if that's been Galactic's strategy all along, delaying the revelation until it's too late to stop them from...

> What are they planning to do anyway? You suppose you'll have to beat the information out of them at some point.

>_
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:50:07 AM by capt. h »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2013, 05:03:18 AM »
>"Those dragons are Pokemon, then. Shouldn't be as dangerous as those old ones way back when. Those mountain gods and the tengu and kappa can probably handle them. And Sanae's been in the Pokemon world, too, so she, at least, has a team of her own to help out. Not that I'd expect her using them to be necessary."

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2013, 05:07:50 AM »
>"Anyway, that is all probably Galatic's fault. They'll fix things when we find them."
>And beat them up until they fix things.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2013, 05:17:45 AM »
>"You guys are pacifists, right? Would it offend you if I told you my tried-and-true method of fixing things?"
>If no, tell them. If yes, tell them anyway.