Author Topic: Mokou Quest 2: Sinnoh Edition  (Read 286048 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Mokou Quest 2: Sinnoh Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 06:08:59 AM »
>Chuckle. "Fair enough. Shall we then?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 06:28:45 AM »
>Chuckle. "Fair enough. Shall we then?"

> "I suppose I could spare a minute," Keine says. She then glances up at the clock, which reads 10:00. "Oh my, yes, It really is time to leave anyway." She takes her notebook and leaves the rest of her books on the librarian's cart. As you and Keine make to leave the library, you open the front door, and spot Kogasa's purple umbrella sitting in the middle of the road.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:22 AM »
>Sigh amusedly. "She's trying that trick again? Y'know, she thought I fell for it, but it's pretty hard to surprise me. Seen it all and stuff."
>Let's bring out the team! "Alright everyone, time to come on out!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
>"I have another but he's talking a "walk" with someone."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "She's trying that trick again? Y'know, she thought I fell for it, but it's pretty hard to surprise me. Seen it all and stuff."
>Let's bring out the team! "Alright everyone, time to come on out!"

> You take out your magikarp, kingler, scyther, beedrill, and ponyta.

> "Nice assortment. I almost expected 6 different types of fire. The real surprise is the magikarp, and I would have figured a torchic or something would have been your sixth."

>"I have another but he's talking a "walk" with someone."

> As you say this, you get tackled from above. It seems a certain umbrella had climbed atop the doorway. "Well? Did I get you?" Kogasa asks. Keine giggles.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
>Sigh, then grumble a bit before flaring a little fire up.
>"I actually started in Kanto, so I have a Charmeleon. The NEET and Cirno did too. They've got a Bulbasaur and Squirtle respectively. I've also got a Seadra in storage, and my Haunter's out on loan for the time being. I'm looking to get a Gyarados, because I hear they're strong, and rowdy. Just like yours truly."
>Grin in a roguish way, like we usually do.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 03:17:29 PM »
>Sigh, then grumble a bit before flaring a little fire up.

> "Ow ow ow hot HOT HOT!" Kogasa yells, leaping off of you. "That wasn't nice..."

>"I actually started in Kanto, so I have a Charmeleon. The NEET and Cirno did too. They've got a Bulbasaur and Squirtle respectively. I've also got a Seadra in storage, and my Haunter's out on loan for the time being. I'm looking to get a Gyarados, because I hear they're strong, and rowdy. Just like yours truly."
>Grin in a roguish way, like we usually do.

> "Ah. I hope it's not too roudy for you. Course, I suppose that isn't possible. I came here with Kogasa and Chen; Kogasa went with a piplup, and Chen a chimchar."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2012, 03:29:30 PM »
>"Oh? That cat the Yakumo family has? She's around too? Who would've guessed."
>Grin. "Besides, you know I can't die. So even a Gyarados has nothing on me!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »
>"Oh? That cat the Yakumo family has? She's around too? Who would've guessed."

> "Yeah, it's weird. I thought Ran would have put a stop to that."

>Grin. "Besides, you know I can't die. So even a Gyarados has nothing on me!"

> "I do know you can cause a lot of colateral damage while not dying," Keine sighs. "Try not to cause too much damage, some people like having the forests and mountains intact."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
>"Who knows with them? All I know is that Yukari's behind all this."
>"So, what's on the agenda now? Because sometime I was going to see about smacking around those guys in Hoenn, Team Aqua and Team Magma."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
>"Who knows with them? All I know is that Yukari's behind all this."

> "She wasn't exactly subtle this time was she?"

>"So, what's on the agenda now? Because sometime I was going to see about smacking around those guys in Hoenn, Team Aqua and Team Magma."

> "I was planning on staying here and continuing my research, until you came along. I was also hoping to check out Spear Pillar, it's an ancient temple atop Mt. Coronet dedicated to Palkia and Dialga. I haven't had much of a chance to look into Hoenn's history, but I do know they attribute the creation of land and sea to Groudon and Kyogre, respectively."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
>"Well, I found out those guys are so devoted to Kyogre and Groudon, to the point that they plan to use them to throw the balance out of whack by making either more water, or more land. Those wiseguys don't even know the concept of balance, so I was gonna go bust their heads in to get them to give up on that."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 05:12:34 PM »
>"So, have any ideas from what Yukari's reasoning for putting all of us here? There's us, That NEET, Cirno, Alice, Patchouli, Marisa, Chen..." who else is here?

>"Why did you hole yourself up in the library instead of travelling?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »
>"Well, I found out those guys are so devoted to Kyogre and Groudon, to the point that they plan to use them to throw the balance out of whack by making either more water, or more land. Those wiseguys don't even know the concept of balance, so I was gonna go bust their heads in to get them to give up on that."

> "The brute force method. Always feels good afterward, even if it's not always effective."

>"So, have any ideas from what Yukari's reasoning for putting all of us here? There's us, That NEET, Cirno, Alice, Patchouli, Marisa, Chen..." who else is here?

> Them, plus Kogasa, Keine, Sanae, Nitori, and Aya are the people that you know of.

> "She claims she wanted to test the battling system for Gensokyo. I think it's because she's bored. You could always call her and ask."

>"Why did you hole yourself up in the library instead of travelling?"

> "There are a few places I'd like to visit, but here I have the history of an entirely new world at my fingertips. I've learned more in the past week than in the previous three years combined."

> "You should still get out more," Kogasa adds. "Get some fresh air."

> "What fun would that be?"

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »
>Chuckle. "You're starting to sound like Patchouli, y'know?"
>"But yeah, I was gonna bust their heads, and maybe show them how wrong they are. Since death isn't a part of me, I know the value of balance more than just about anyone, save for the Yamas."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
>Chuckle. "You're starting to sound like Patchouli, y'know?"

> "I've never been one for sleeping in the woods."

>"But yeah, I was gonna bust their heads, and maybe show them how wrong they are. Since death isn't a part of me, I know the value of balance more than just about anyone, save for the Yamas."

> Keine lets out a quick laugh. "Sorry, but hearing that from you of all people..."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
>Grin. "Yeah, I've been doing a lot of stuff that surprises even me lately. These battles really make you have to think, it's not all about power and patterns like back home."
>Frown just a bit. "But personally, I kinda like the flashy patterns better. It just ain't me to sit back and let someone else do all the work for me, y'know?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
>Grin. "Yeah, I've been doing a lot of stuff that surprises even me lately. These battles really make you have to think, it's not all about power and patterns like back home."
>Frown just a bit. "But personally, I kinda like the flashy patterns better. It just ain't me to sit back and let someone else do all the work for me, y'know?"

> "Honestly, I kind of like it. Not having to risk my own life and limb in battle, the battle system back home was rather dangerous for us mortals. Course, when push comes to shove and someone's life is on the line, you shouldn't just rely on your pokemon. You should get right in there with them. The option to not get personally involved in the battles is actually a rather recent luxury here, less than 200 years old; it was intended as a sportsman's agreement to protect the trainers, rather than to limit them. But even today, it is not uncommon for criminals to use pokemon as weapons to silence witnesses and mug travelers."

> "If there ever comes a time when a battle becomes more than a simple battle, do not be afraid to cheat."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »
>"But did you forget? The spellcards were meant as a non-lethal thing. Sure, it hurts and all, but the only ones that ever really died in 'em were me and all those fairies. And you know how that never sticks."
>Shrug. "Of course, those guys didn't pull their punches back when I fought 'em that one night."

(Info: Spellcard Duels and Danmaku are inherently nonlethal. With the one exception of the battle with Mokou. Evidence)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:22:32 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
>"But did you forget? The spellcards were meant as a non-lethal thing. Sure, it hurts and all, but the only ones that ever really died in 'em were me and all those fairies. And you know how that never sticks."
>Shrug. "Of course, those guys didn't pull their punches back when I fought 'em that one night."

(Info: Spellcard Duels and Danmaku are inherently nonlethal. With the one exception of the battle with Mokou. Evidence)

> "We've still had issues, even with the new rules in place. You aren't the only human to die in a battle after the new rules, and some of the youkai, well, have made their dissinterest in following those rules known. Violently."

(Mod note: Mod canon and true canon will split sharply on the issue of spell card duels, partially because danmaku is near impossible to write well. The primary difference is the lack of balls of magic, and the lack of patterns to dodge. Fire spells throw fire, Rage Triathlon summons a rock slide, and offensive spells will be designed with the intention of being effective rather than beautiful and dodgeable.)

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »
>"The spellcard fights are better than pokemon battles. I'm not a kind of person that orders everything around, and if their oppoent was a youkai, they might actually die."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »
>"The spellcard fights are better than pokemon battles. I'm not a kind of person that orders everything around, and if their oppoent was a youkai, they might actually die."

> "If that's how you feel about it, you might want to avoid the hamburgers. Actually, just avoid all the meats." She glances at your Kingler. "Especially the crab."

>_

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 09:43:34 PM »
> "So, what have you and the karakasa caught then? When did you last see Chen as well?"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »
> "So, what have you and the karakasa caught then?"

> "Me? It's just starly and turtwig, remember?" Keine says, taking her pokemon out of her balls.

> "Kogasa has a piplup and a shinx."

> "I have others, too, you know."

> "Really, which ones?" Keine asks.

> Kogasa replies with a wink. "That's a surprise~"

> "When did you last see Chen as well?"

> "Oh, about a week ago. We went west, and she went east."

>_

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »
>Is the young cat-girl gonna be alright alone?

>"How much longer do you plan to hole yourself in there?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2012, 02:07:21 AM »
>"Is the young cat-girl gonna be alright alone?"

> "She'll be fine. She may be cute, but she's still a youkai."

>"How much longer do you plan to hole yourself in there?"

> "Well, I should be finished pretty much all the general information about Sinnoh in another week or so, then I was planning on heading to Unova. Nacrene City has a pretty famous museum and there's this place called Relic Castle that I'd like to visit."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2012, 02:15:08 AM »
>"I was kinda hoping you'd come with me, but if you'd rather do that, then go ahead."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2012, 02:51:45 AM »
>"I was kinda hoping you'd come with me, but if you'd rather do that, then go ahead."

> "Well, now, I never said I was opposed to doing stuff with you. What did you have in mind?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2012, 05:01:37 AM »
>"Didn't I tell you? I'm off to Hoenn to bust up those Aqua and Magma idiots."
>"And speakig of idiots, Cirno's coming, too, if only 'cause she makes a good distraction and/or meatshield.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:11 AM »
>"Didn't I tell you? I'm off to Hoenn to bust up those Aqua and Magma idiots."

> "Yes you did. Though I didn't expect you to leave Sinnoh immediately. Well, Hoenn does have Mt. Pyre and Sootopolis, so it wouldn't be a problem."

>"And speakig of idiots, Cirno's coming, too, if only 'cause she makes a good distraction and/or meatshield.

> "That's not very nice," Keine says.

> "I know what you mean completely," Kogasa interrupts. "Course, Keine is a terrible meat shield. Somehow I'm always the one getting hurt."

>_