Author Topic: Touhou Flash Games General Scoreboard  (Read 60654 times)

Re: BEVENTLAED, Red Magic, Hopping Tenshi
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 06:14:09 AM »
Alright so, I definitely voided whatever warranty I may have had (if any) and any chance of getting tech support for it in the future, but I went ahead and hacked my screen recorder to ignore all it's old directions and just capture my entire screen instead. Surprisingly, it works, and I was able to cut it into this little .gif thingy too. So my next score will probably have a video to go with it. I'll include a plain old SS too though, because my luck with getting high quality videos up is... uh, not that great.

Here's a potential icon for if Butterfly Flies for Fry is included. SirBlueberry, I hope you don't mind that I copied your idea (down to using the exact same border proportions).

*approval stamp*
Mind? Not at all, in fact, I'm glad. I have this habit of calling myself a terrible artist, and I'm never happy with anything I draw.
But if something I do is worth copying, even if it's so simple as a small icon with a border, maybe all of my things aren't worthless after all. Maybe I should stop being so negative about it all the time and rethink this.

That is my personal favorite border style, as can be seen in my current avvy and some of the other things I use.
notice how 0% of the character artwork in them is mine, and I only just slapped on simple backgrounds or borders. ;-;
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:33:21 AM by SirBlueberry »

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2013, 07:21:55 AM »
You didn't think it would be that easy, I hope?

Hopping Tenshi
Karisa - 20705 - Screenshot

Nah.

Hopping Tenshi
Star King - 24,661- Screenshot

I like how most characters are all o_O but Yuugi is all  :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:25:36 AM by Star King »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
Hopping Tenshi
Karisa - 25,682 - Screenshot

This sort of back-and-forth score posting is fun. I wish the main-game Touhou scoring threads were more like this.

---

@SirBlueberry: It's nice when someone acknowledges something you've done, isn't it? I wouldn't say I'm anywhere close to a good artist, though; you probably have more experience than I do. But I am good at examining existing patterns and copying them, however useful or not that skill is.

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Hopping Tenshi
Neodymium - 11,836 - Screenshot

I almost made it past the UFOs.

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:39 PM »
BEVENTLAED :
Lyv - 5,971,250 - 50 - 12:08 - Screenshot

Probably won't improve this any further.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
Hopping Tenshi
fsvgm777 - 12,930 - Screenshot

This is fun, though it gets difficult from the UFO part onwards, in my opinion.

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »
Okay, the recording works fine, except that suddenly and randomly I'll get some input lag and then jump right off the platform I had just landed on. Not cool. Well, for now a video will have to wait, because I can rarely even make it past the UFOs like that. Now I'm reminded that my old Mystical Chain video also went super-laggy somewhere in the middle.

Hopten
SirBlueberry   -  32,621 - Screenshot

For now, I cannot improve this further. The
Spoiler:
gaps that start appearing somewhere around 29~30,000
is just too difficult for me.

----------
This sort of back-and-forth score posting is fun. I wish the main-game Touhou scoring threads were more like this.

Very much so. Even when I'm not playing, it's fun just seeing all of your scores approaching so quickly. Go go go!

@SirBlueberry: It's nice when someone acknowledges something you've done, isn't it? I wouldn't say I'm anywhere close to a good artist, though; you probably have more experience than I do. But I am good at examining existing patterns and copying them, however useful or not that skill is.

I couldn't say for sure. It's possible that I have more experience, but it's what I do with it that counts. And that's "almost nothing". Knowing how to copy existing patterns is very useful IMO, though.

Zil

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:45 PM »

Cool. I'll get around to adding that one soon. And Udon Gallop was the only other one mentioned right? I guess there's no reason not to add just about anything people ask for really. If they end up flopping they can always just be removed, after all.

Zil

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2013, 10:58:12 PM »
BEVENTLAED
Zil - 513,623,000 - 553 - 78:04 - Part1 Part2

Well I streamed it but it seems twitch didn't archive it for some reason. Due to that I don't even have a screenshot of the game over screen. I do remember though that both time and level were slightly less than they were for my previous score.

Maybe it'll show up in the archive if I wait a bit...

Edit: Ah yes, it did. Just have to upload it then.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:18:14 AM by Princess Milk »

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2013, 09:33:02 PM »
This isn't a new high score, but I thought I'd mention that I got the red Tenshi to appear in Hopping Tenshi once on a recent attempt: Video
(Too bad that run kind of sucked due to an early screw up on the satellites.)
It doesn't appear to me that the red Tenshi has any special gameplay functions. Just looks like a palette swap and nothing more, kind of like with shiny Pok?mon.

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2013, 06:48:25 AM »
Hopping Tenshi
Star King - 28,174 - Screenshot

Zil

Re: Flash Games General Scoreboard
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2013, 02:43:29 PM »
OK I added Butterfly Flies For Fry. If people want Udon Gallop or anything else, go ahead and say so and I'll put it up.

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »
Alright, awesome.

BFFF
SomeGuy712x - 10293.6 - Video
SomeGuy712x - 11635.0 - Screenshot (Achieved on the Wii)

Now, here's the thing about my current scores. Shortly after I made the video shown there, I achieved a higher score when playing BFFF on my Wii (it's one of the few flash games that works properly on the Wii), and the screenshot shows that score in the leaderboards at 49th place (at the time I took that screenshot-- now my Wii score is in 50th place at the time of this post, and will be knocked off the leaderboards with just one more score that beats it).

One thing that bothers me about the BFFF leaderboards is that the current top 38 scores (at the time of this post) appear to be really abnormally high, like mostly well into the millions (and TLE's score of exactly 24000.0 in 39th place seems suspicious too), and I'm wondering if they all hacked/cheated their scores in somehow, or if there's a glitch or something in the game that I don't know about that can allow for such ridiculous scores... If anyone knows how such scores were gotten (legit or not), let me know!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:39:58 PM by SomeGuy712x »

Zil

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure scoreboards like that are usually full of hacked scores. It's the case with like every flash game ever.

Also, I didn't actually notice this game gave you a level count, nor did I see that there was an Extra mode. I'll include those as I did with Red Magic.

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
Well, I don't know about the leaderboards of most other flash games that I've played, but it was really obvious that something was screwy with those BFFF scores, so I just had to mention it.

Oh, and I had forgotten about the level count, but I know for sure that I reached level 50 with my Wii score, which is the highest level in the normal game.

...Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about BFFF's Extra mode too. I think that same video has my highest Extra score as well:

BFFF - Extra
SomeGuy712x - 1061.4 - 55 - Video

Too bad the game doesn't keep separate track of players' highest Extra scores...

One more thing:
In addition to Udon Gallop, would you consider putting Fla-Fla Flan here as well?

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2013, 08:03:24 PM »
Since you brought it up, I decided to take a quick look inside the games. Well, I wasn't expecting there to be much (if anything) to prevent hacked scores in flash games, especially free and online ones, but it turns out most of these are even easier to hack than I imagined. (I ran the game offline to prevent that from being adding to the ingame rankings)

Now, there's no clear "HACKED" label over them unfortunately (aside from mine lol) but as Zil said, it's definitely a very common thing. Any suspiciously large score jump at high levels can be safely assumed as all hacked beyond that point. Because really, using BFFF for example, how can NOBODY have a score that fits in between 24000.0 and 430189.0? You either do nearly 18 times better, or don't beat 24000 at all? That's ridiculous. :V Even the jump up to 24000.0 is suspicious as you said.

Zil

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »
In addition to Udon Gallop, would you consider putting Fla-Fla Flan here as well?
Sorry, I kinda fell off the face of the earth. I'll try to get both of these up by tonight.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2013, 07:34:42 PM »
BFFF
Normal

Validon98 - 4997.2 - Screenshot

I just started trying this today and I'm already addicted to it why.

EDIT:

BFFF
Normal
Validon98 - 6884.4 - Screenshot

Getting better. ^^;

Hopping Tenshi
Validon98- 11905 - Screenshot

Puush freaking made me quit out of the results screen, but that's my best so far.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:35:12 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2013, 03:34:57 PM »
Hopping Tenshi
fsvgm777 - 16,759 - Screenshot

Improved my score a bit.

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2013, 12:09:16 PM »
BEVENTLAED
Yomihime - 10,095,250 - 46 - 09:53 - Screenshot

Woah, nice score for that level :o
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »
Fla-Fla Flan
Kaze_Senshi - 138 - 03:33- Screenshot/Video
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »
Fla-Fla Flan - Normal
SomeGuy712x - 837 - 11:15 - Video

Udon Gallop - Normal (Reisen)
SomeGuy712x - 92,851 Pts - 25,170 Km - Video

Udon Gallop - Extra (Tewi)
SomeGuy712x - 109,443 Pts - 24,645 Km - Video

Shouldn't we have separate Udon Gallop scoreboards for Normal/Extra and for score/distance, like how the game itself keeps track of both your best score and distance for both Normal and Extra?

Zil

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 03:20:22 AM »
Once again, I was unaware of the existence of the extra mode. I'll add that right away.

About making a distance scoreboard though, I'm kind of against it. A few of the games here have some measure of how "far" you got, aside from the actual score. I've been including those numbers alongside the scores without making separate tables for them, and I'd like to stay consistent with that.

Also, does Tewi have any effect on anything? If not, I don't think I'll bother making a note about it.

edit: Checking your video description, it seems she does. Do you think the characters should be ranked together then, or should I make separate tables for each of them?
edit edit: Seems Karisa ninja'd me. :v Though my question remains about keeping the characters separate.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:28:20 AM by Zil »

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:21 AM »
Yes, I think Reisen and Tewi should remain ranked separately. It's just like having a separate score table for Extra in the other games.

Zil

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:50 AM »
Oh I see. Tewi and Extra are the same thing. Now it makes sense. Pardon my silliness. :s

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »
I'm getting better, but the game's name is still hard to spell.
BEVENTLAED
nicholas - 21218250 - 83 - 16:40 - Screenshot

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
I decided to try beating my old Extra score on Fla-Fla Flan, and...

Fla-Fla Flan - Extra
SomeGuy712x - 231 - 3:32 - video

I'm surprised that took me so few tries, but I'll certainly take it!

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2014, 04:05:59 AM »
Hopten
Iffy           -  32,767 - Screenshot
(think I got the spacing right, maybe)
This one replaces SirBlueberry in the list. For anyone who didn't see about that change, I am the same guy (see my nick below) but no longer wish to use that display name at all. I've hated it for years. I would really, really appreciate it if my name could be adjusted in the score lists, but I'll understand if you'd prefer to keep it how it was to avoid confusion or something.

This is very likely my final hopten score. In all this time I have not been able to beat my old score or even come close except for just this once with a lucky string of platforms that were very nicely lined up in a row. I believe I am at the absolute limit of my hopping ability, here. The chance of me ever beating this is incredibly unlikely, I am just horrible at the kind of platforms I need to jump on past this point. Perhaps I'll try to get better at some of these other games.

I know I said I wanted to record my scores, but I never did solve that input-lag while recording. Guess my old PC just won't handle that.

Edit: Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:58:39 AM by Iffy »

Zil

« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2014, 04:51:19 AM »
No problem. Scores updated, names changed.

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2014, 05:16:14 AM »
@Iffy:
I wonder why you don't like the name SirBlueberry now?
Well anyway, nice score! It's interesting how that score is 1 less than the 15th power of 2. I'd wonder about whether that was a score cap if it weren't for the much higher scores on the game's online leaderboard, so I guess you landed on 32,767 by pure chance.