Author Topic: Have a suggestion for a new feature?  (Read 201826 times)

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
Re: Have a suggestion for a new feature?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
Maybe there should be a chatbox.
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »
Maybe there should be a chatbox.
We already have an IRC channel with a web client, see here.

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
How about making a poll feature. (Maybe it exists...)
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

Matsuri

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
It does exist, just not for non-mods/admins.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
If you need a poll made, just bug ask an appropriate member (see above).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »
This might turn out to be a hugely unpopular idea, but how about favoriting posts? I wouldn't like to see them raise the "status" of a poster or anything - just a little click to indicate to the poster that you liked their post, for both the poster and others to see. The way I imagine it is there'd be a "Favorite this post" button in a corner of the post, next to which would be the number of favorites it's gotten. Clicking that number shows who favorited that post and when.

Also, and I know I've brought this up before, but a "remove from activity" button for the Unread and Replies page would be good - a checkbox you could tick next to a thread title on either of those pages, and then press a "Remove selected from activity" button at the top of the page, so that you don't keep seeing this thread pop up in your Unread posts or Replies page.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2010, 04:34:13 AM »
No thanks, I'm not implementing a karma system so people can rub eachother inappropriately.  As nice as it sounds this isn't the best place to do it.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

Suggest a feature
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2010, 05:38:58 AM »
Alright. And the second idea?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 09:04:21 PM »
I second that, if that has any effect on tentativeness :V

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 07:15:33 AM »
Could we make individual threads for discussions of each of the games.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 09:09:19 AM »
Probably not, since game threads come and go as they will, and they'd get real long real fast.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Suggest a feature
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 04:59:06 AM »
Alright. And the second idea?

No idea how I could implement it without completely redoing the unread replies functionality to support ignoring threads.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 10:28:56 AM »
Guess I'll take that as a "no" then.

LATE EDIT: Would it be possible to add a Gmail/Gtalk field to Forum Profile?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:15:25 AM by Tengukami »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:23 AM »
Guess I'll take that as a "no" then.

LATE EDIT: Would it be possible to add a Gmail/Gtalk field to Forum Profile?
Isn't that basically the same as publicly posting your e-mail address?  I can't say that sounds like a good idea...

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Tengukami

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 02:45:53 AM »
Well, yeah, but we already have an MSN, Yahoo and AIM field. Why not also Gmail?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:39:02 AM by Tengukami »

J.O.B

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »
Could we make threads about the general discussions about the types of games? e.g. one about stg's another bout the fighting(though thats already been done) another 'bout the picture games and 'nother bout the phantasmagoria games and then a fairy wars thread if wanted

Drake

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »
But there are already places and threads to discuss any of the games in; I don't see why we need specific threads for each type of game.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

J.O.B

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »
Can we make threads specifically for the PC-98 games so that people can talk about PC-98 related things and rage at how hard lunatic Raymoo is in LLS, things like that?

Matsuri

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 11:49:51 PM »
HME has a thread exclusively for rageposting. Use that.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »
If it's a discussion directly related to something specific about one of the games then that's ok but just PC98 rage/congrats/etc threads no, use the existing catchall threasd.

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:33 AM »
What about a general thread for the PC-98 games ?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »
Why does there need to be a distinction between a general Touhou game thread, and a general Touhou PC98 game thread?  Unless it's something that only applies to a specific game, just use the general threads.

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »
I don't know if this is possible, but what about giving members the choice to see what skin they see in CPMC? Then if there are ever skin-switching shenanigans in the future, those who don't like it can change back while those who enjoy it can keep viewing the temporary skin and everyone's happy. Plus, I've never been particularily fond of the sudden switch to white upon entering CPMC, so being able to view it in the normal skin would be pretty neat.

Feel free to punch me if this was brought up like 20 times when people were complaining about the communist skin or something, because I pretty much missed that whole ordeal.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 12:55:53 AM »
My post in mod forum about themes

I don't allow the members to choose their own themes because it's enough of a pain in the ass to get one good theme together.  Having to debug issues across multiple themes and having to make sure changes I make don't break them is just a nightmare.

I don't think people realize how much time it actually took me to get that CPMC theme together and working properly.  All I did was take http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2072 and tweaked a few colors, it couldn't have possibly been that hard right?  Wrong, it took me about 3 hours to get it to where it is now.  And I wasn't even doing anything fancy, just changed the colors, and I wasn't even trying to make it look good.

Now imagine me having to do that to every single subforum, while hearing complaints about how x sucks and y needs adjusted, and then having to do that again if I change something in the underlying code.  It's going to be enough of a pain as it is to port the layout changes to the RC4 update I was hoping to do (but now I lack the motivation) this weekend.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2010, 08:13:54 PM »
Been talk of this in CPMC, but it may as well go through the official channels...
------> How about "Option to see original usernames instead of display names?" It could be a cute little check box~
But then again, it might be a hassle to get this to work?
So... Yeah.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »
Here, have a new favicon courtesy of Baitums which I requested oh man.

The Dream icon from Lotus Land Story. Yeaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 11:38:29 PM »
Been talk of this in CPMC, but it may as well go through the official channels...So... Yeah.
Hassle, and IMHO putting it in the profile is good enough.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2010, 01:16:45 AM »
Any way to make it so I can upload photos through Safari?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2010, 01:24:19 AM »
Err that's more of a bug.  Are we talking desktop Safari or iPhone Safari?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2010, 01:26:17 AM »
iPhone. I mean, if you can't do anything about it, that's fine. I just thought I'd ask.