Author Topic: [Art request] Something Touhou-related that'd look good framed  (Read 4192 times)

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
Okay, so I've been making semi-regular scrapes of the Boorus and while I haven't found much myself, I'm hoping the hivemind has something.

triangles and I have a house.  Our house has a Nerd Room.  The Nerd Room will host our art once I get around to putting it up on the walls.  Our art is pretty much purchased at cons and it's to fairly exacting standards - either really nifty enough to be a good nerd standalone (an ukiyo-e style painting of Totoro, a very accurate original manual style print of Metal Gear Rex, etc.) or just really cool art (a painting of Seakings swimming around in a pond
Spoiler:
FUCK YEAH
, etc.

So, Costco has a service that lets you print out photos on canvas.  I'm thinking to myself, how awesome would it be if there was something Touhou related in a classic, renaissance-esque style - or anything similarly artistic?

I'm looking for something a step above normal fanart drawings, something that looks good, provokes thought (cubism is fine), or even something Dada-esque.  Basically, I want something that looks like it's nifty classy art from a distance, but has Touhou to those who care or notice.

So does anyone have anything they've got that comes close?  Done by you, found online, whatever - the higher res the better, because I fully intend to hang this in our house!

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:34:56 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.