Author Topic: [Realistic + Manga] Illustrations and Introduction  (Read 3488 times)

[Realistic + Manga] Illustrations and Introduction
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
Hi there everybody, I'm draw-till-death (...draw-till for short or whatever) and my hobby is drawing digitally a lot of Touhou stuff and general fanworks.
I like to test out a lot of styles and often i like to draw a some sort of "realistic, semi-realistic" + "Manga" kind of style so here's some examples.

----------------------
All the links redirects to DeviantArt
----------------------
Nitori at work - Nitori while doing ...something

kOgASa TatARa - A little bit creppy but "safe for work" (...i hope)

Candies of the Dead! - Not so realistic but sometimes i like to draw "manga only" when i feel like it.

Oni of War - A parody of GOW featuring Suika and Yuugi

Like a family - A manga panel about a crossover between DMC4 and Touhou

Touhou - Fanbook Test pg01 - An old fanbook about a crossover between Skyrim and Touhou

----------------------
Dr. Hitomi - Octoproblems  - This isn't related to Touhou but it's another attempt to draw "Realistic(semi-realistic) + Manga"

----------------------
Future projects:
I'm working on a fan-manga about a group of adventurers and the first volume will talk about Gensokyo and its inhabitants.
I hope to find space here and post it when I'll be able to release it.

One last thing.
English is not my mother tongue so if you need to correct me sometimes just do it.
I would appreciate corrections if i need them.

That's pretty much it, see ya next time  :derp:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:45:30 PM by Draw-till-Death »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: [Realistic + Manga] Illustrations and Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
Welcome! ^^ I'm definitely a fan of your style. The 'Like a Family' picture made me crack up. I like your legs. Er, how you draw legs.  I'm sure your IRL legs are just lovely though @_@
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »
No way! Your the one who did the Kogasa picture?! I love your artwork and your a big inspiration for me to get better! This is awesome!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »
Welcome! ^^ I'm definitely a fan of your style. The 'Like a Family' picture made me crack up. I like your legs. Er, how you draw legs.  I'm sure your IRL legs are just lovely though @_@
Thanks for the compliments and the greetings.
Yeah my legs are really lovely, hairy and lovely. lol just kidding.

No way! Your the one who did the Kogasa picture?! I love your artwork and your a big inspiration for me to get better! This is awesome!
Thanks a lot  :D
I'm an ispiration to someone? Well that's awesome!
To be honest I was afraid that my work wasn't good enough to be seen by people around internet and I still have that thought a little to be honest but the support of both of you changed my day in better.
I even got the idea to draw a "DARK SOULS + Touhou" piece now that I'm happy.

Thanks again guys!  :D

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 09:08:18 PM »
Thanks a lot  :D
I'm an ispiration to someone? Well that's awesome!
To be honest I was afraid that my work wasn't good enough to be seen by people around internet and I still have that thought a little to be honest but the support of both of you changed my day in better.
I even got the idea to draw a "DARK SOULS + Touhou" piece now that I'm happy.

Thanks again guys!  :D

DO It! My two favorite things in one!

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:06:31 PM »
To be honest I was afraid that my work wasn't good enough to be seen by people around internet
Pfft no, your art is great. I absolutely love the Kogasa one.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »
Seconding a Dark Souls / Touhou crossover!

May I ask how long you've been working on your art? I forgot to mention before but your B/W manga panels are amazing. I hope to be able to produce fanworks of your caliber one day.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »
Seconding a Dark Souls / Touhou crossover!

May I ask how long you've been working on your art? I forgot to mention before but your B/W manga panels are amazing. I hope to be able to produce fanworks of your caliber one day.

The "semi/realistic + Manga" artworks took me around 1 week of work when I have at last 4 hours per day free and i don't have to do "real life chores".
The "Manga" type around 2 days. (Including "real life chores" again)

Let me tell you that if you love what you do then draw a lot! ...or as much as you can.
I don't think I'm better than you or everyone else anyway since I differentiate artworks and fanworks by "styles" and not by "quality".
In my humble opinion you're already better than me in your own way.

Anyway guys I need to ask a question to you this time.
Which character would fit better for the next artwork? "DS + Touhou"

I was thinking about Konpaku Youmu for the "Souls and Humanity" thing or Yoshika Miyako for the "Undead mission" stuff.
...or Patchouli, Reimu, Koishi I don't know, there's so much to choose.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:29:35 AM »
The first thing that came to mind was Marisa 'dungeon crawling' through the Scarlet Library, and then encountering a monstrous beast wearing Patchy's hat that roars 'Mukyu~'  :derp:

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 02:46:31 AM »
For some reason I imaging Flandre being a mimic, or rather a mimic with flans hat and wings...

Well in reality any character can fit since dark souls story is how you choose it to be. I've actually tried making youmu in dks so I can see her fitting in very well. If I recal there is a manga that has some touhou characters in the world of demon souls, so I say your good to use anyone.

Alice with pursuers or the equivilant, ... Well can't think anymore right now. Kinda making me want to try drawing something now!

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
The first thing that came to mind was Marisa 'dungeon crawling' through the Scarlet Library, and then encountering a monstrous beast wearing Patchy's hat that roars 'Mukyu~'  :derp:
Alice with pursuers or the equivilant, ... Well can't think anymore right now. Kinda making me want to try drawing something now!

Patchouli, Alice and Marisa.
Okay guys thanks for the suggestions.
Now my next post will be the illustration itself so let's see what I can do.