Author Topic: [Request] - Sprite requests for Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.  (Read 3213 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
[Request] - Sprite requests for Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.
« on: August 20, 2014, 03:37:46 AM »
I need some sprites of YuugenMagan for my Touhou RPG game: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.
I would use it's sprite from HRtP, but then I realized it looks quite dull compared to the rest of the game's battle sprites. Hence why I'm making this request.

I need 3 sprite's mainly:
-An IaMP-styled sprite of one of it's eyes (The same sprite is going to be used for all five eyes.) Dim 96x96
-An IaMP-styled sprite of the yellow energy silhouette thingy in the center + five energy tendrils radiating out from it (The eyes will be overlayed on top of the ends of the tendrils in-game, since I plan for the silhouette and the eyes to be treated as separate entities by the game.) Dim: Try to make it fairly large and as proportional to the eyes as possible, but do not exceed 388x214
-An overworld sprite for one of the eyes. Dim 32x32 per frame. (Again, all five will use the same sprite)
For those unfamiliar with RPGmaker's overworld sprite format, the sprite has a 3x4 ratio. The sprite is further divided into four animations like so:
{down}{down}{down}
{left}  {left}  {left}
{right} {right} {right}
{up}   {up}   {up}

With the center frames counted as standing.

To further clarify here's a stock RPGmaker sprite as an example:
[attach=1]

-(Optionally) Eye battle sprite again, but this time with a dimmer coloration (or the eye is closed or something) to signify that the eye is "dead" or inactive.

Anyone who helps will be credited.

EDIT: Oh yes, before I forget, to get me the sprites either use an image host that is unlikely to be blocked (Most image host are blocked on my home network due to me having a younger sibling), such as this one, or please upload them as attachments.

EDIT 9/13/14: Progress on Team ⑨ Mystical Quest has reached a point that I now need six more sprites in addition to YuugenMagan: I need only overworld sprites of
Spoiler:
Shinki
, Elis,
Spoiler:
Yumeko
Spoiler:
Sariel
, Yuki and Mai.
I would like them to match the size and style of the overworld sprites I am currently using as close as possible and use the overworld sprite format described above.

Please do not add
Spoiler:
Shinki
's wings to her sprite. They will only show up on her battle sprite. (which I already have.)

If you wish to make
Spoiler:
Sariel
's wings (and by extension, the sprite, but keep her body the same size) larger to make her seem more intimidating or threatening, I'm okay with that as long as you still follow the format and not make the sprite too large.

Once again, anyone who helps will be credited.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:21:33 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Re: [Request] - YuugenMagan sprite for Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:46:52 PM »
I can't help you since I'm not a pixel artist, but

You may have better luck asking for this on a real RPG maker site. I remember at some point ago visiting one for a sprite request, and they usually attend you. (I can't remember the link now, though)

But yeah, RPG maker sites usually have a thread for sprite request. All you need to do is find some artwork about the character you want (in your case: YuugenMagan) on both frontal and back view, then post it there. They ask for this so the spriter can visualize and draw both the character's front and his/her back.

Maybe those two pics would help them (even though the two styles doesn't exactly match):

Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:52:48 PM by ☆ Synnae ☆ »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: [Request] - YuugenMagan sprite for Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 01:01:41 AM »
Ok, I'll think I'll try that.
But I think I'll leave this request on this forum open for now, in case the RPG maker forum doesn't respond. (So please don't lock or remove this thread, for any mods reading this.)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: [Request] - Sprite requests for Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:16:45 PM »
Progress on Team ⑨ Mystical Quest has reached a point that I now need six more sprites in addition to YuugenMagan (therefore I renamed the topic): I need only overworld sprites of
Spoiler:
Shinki
, Elis,
Spoiler:
Yumeko
Spoiler:
Sariel
, Yuki and Mai.
I would like them to match the size and style of the overworld sprites I am currently using as close as possible and use the overworld sprite format described in the OP.

Please do not add
Spoiler:
Shinki
's wings to her sprite. They will only show up on her battle sprite. (which I already have.)

If you wish to make
Spoiler:
Sariel
's wings (and by extension, the sprite, but keep her body the same size) larger to make her seem more intimidating or threatening, I'm okay with that as long as you still follow the format and not make the sprite too large.

Once again, anyone who helps will be credited.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:21:21 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: [Request] - Sprite requests for Team ⑨ Mystical Quest.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
Please don't do the contentless bump for attenion thing. This isn't an imageboard.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."