Author Topic: Two main Touhou games announced for Steam release!  (Read 101682 times)

Drake

Re: Two main Touhou games announced for Steam release!
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
Steam Cloud support confirmed.
Very likely done just through Steam Auto Cloud targeting the game's AppData folder, considering that stuff is what's being synced.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Drake

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
The game uses Steam DRM, and so isn't supported by thcrap yet. We are currently working on it.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »
Currently 87 on the best-sellers list with over 400 reviews, a big chunk of them being in Chinese.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:07:28 PM by N-Forza »

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »
Now it's on the 5th on global sale and has overwhelmingly positive reviews. Hope this helps more people notice the game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:45:55 PM by Shadowlupus »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
This has something a little meatier in that he is basically giving the OK for Touhou fangames to be added to Steam.

Oof, get ready for a flood of westerners with low-quality products trying to make a quick buck off the touhou name.

I suppose it's worth it if we get access to some of the good stuff, though.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
Oof, get ready for a flood of westerners with low-quality products trying to make a quick buck off the touhou name.

I'll suffer through some nonsense to get Koumajou on steam for sure.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2017, 05:30:28 PM »
Last I heard, Frontier Aja disbanded some time ago. I don't know if there are any people left in place to legally do that.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2017, 05:45:47 PM »
Bought my copy and left a good review, that's the best I can do for now.
The fact that the game is trending on Steam is amazing though.
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
i wonder if we'll ever see danmakufu fangames on steam lmao. that would be a hilarious meme
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »
i wonder if we'll ever see danmakufu fangames on steam lmao. that would be a hilarious meme
danmakufu "fangame" with steam workshop support would be a sight to behold.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2017, 11:58:38 PM »
Steam review that made me laugh a little:

Buy it so Reimu can afford dog food for herself and Aun
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2017, 03:17:34 AM »

Still gotta get a license first, probably through Mediascape.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »
Oh, you do? Well, things should be fine then.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2017, 03:58:20 AM »

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
Well, the hype machine is still going on and all. Guess we have to wait for a few week before it ran off.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2017, 05:33:45 PM »
I didn't notice until the ResetERA thread that ZUN talked about the fan translation patches in the IGN interview.
I'm sure it was probably mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I don't remember.
Still interesting to me that ZUN has some doubt with the professional translators, considering the fate of Forbidden Scrollery right now.
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)

« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2017, 07:39:05 PM »
Thcrap support is up. Nice.
No Steam controller support, though.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:36 AM »
"Overall reviews: Overwhelmingly Positive"

Man, people do love their Touhou, don't they?
The price is also surprisingly affordable, which is a big YASSS for me.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2017, 07:28:38 AM »
It's only like, 2 days or so you know?

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »
also keep in mind a significant portion of this consumer base is chinese, they have a far larger fanbase than we do and just about everyone i've talked to that i know from china are very enthusiastic about the release.

example thread that my chinese friend has made over on steam

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
It is quite the spectacle that Touhou is the highest rated game on Steam at the moment.
On the other hand, with how fanbases can get (on Steam in particular), this could turn ugly potentially.
I'm cautiously optimistic.  On the bright side though, this further increases the chances of past games on Steam which is more than welcome.

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2017, 07:44:28 PM »
It is true that it has a very high rating right now, but those numbers still need time to settle down and stabilize a bit. Unlike the other games that have been sitting on the list for a very long time and were subject to the opinions of a very wide range of people, this game is still mostly being reviewed by people who were already Touhou fans.

The number of people who are finding this game on their own right now is quite vastly outnumbered by the people who have been wanting Touhou to get on Steam for years. Because of that the reviews are almost entirely positive, so it'll stay at or near 99% until more people start noticing it. It's at the top right now because that's just how the system works.

After the initial hype wave and the flood of one-liner-upvote reviews dies down a bit, I expect it to drop down a bit once more people start noticing it. I'm not saying anything for or against the quality of the game of course, but you have to admit the score is a bit inflated right now. If most of the people who know about it yet are the people who already like it, the score will be nearly flawless, is what I'm trying to say.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:53:48 PM by Rei Scarlette »

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2017, 07:53:00 PM »
On the other hand, with how fanbases can get (on Steam in particular), this could turn ugly potentially.

As if toxic newcomers are anything new for WTC. Many places have seen their share of drama and stood.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
As if toxic newcomers are anything new for WTC. Many places have seen their share of drama and stood.

I suppose so.  I'm moreso worried about Touhou getting a bad rep from haters more than anything.  But that also doesn't really matter too much.

Rei Scarlette is totally right though.

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2017, 12:53:21 AM »
The playing time shown don't help either. Most of them never passed an hour, despite the time to actually finished the game on Normal would be at least Triple that. It's still really early so I hoped its heedless paranoid, but this disjointed between the actual time to play the game, and the time people already like and actually played the damn thing before, and probably only played for a short time due to the hype and support, would jarred both hardcore and casual gamer new to this, if this keep going on.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2017, 01:11:31 AM »
Touhou already has a bad reputation among haters though, especially in the western shoot-em up community, due to it's lack of polish both in gameplay and presentation. That said there's a good number of players who are still able to like Touhou alongside more polished titles such as Crimzon Clover and most arcade titles, and if "haters" wanted to make a negative impact they'd already have done so. The most likely scenario is that the future of the series on Steam will be decided primarily on the eastern audience's reception, and so far I see no signs of it dropping a significant degree.

The playing time shown don't help either. Most of them never passed an hour, despite the time to actually finished the game on Normal would be at least Triple that. It's still really early so I hoped its heedless paranoid, but this disjointed between the actual time to play the game, and the time people already like and actually played the damn thing before, and probably only played for a short time due to the hype and support, would jarred both hardcore and casual gamer new to this, if this keep going on.

Touhou, like most shmups, takes only 30-45 mins to credit-feed a bad ending. Most people do not care about earning a 1cc (or don't understand the importance of it); instead they credit-feed arcade-style games once and never touch them again. These people then tend to feel ripped off for spending $15 on a sub-hour game and leave a negative review. I know this because it's happened with a lot of shmups released on Steam over the last few years. The fact is, though, that these people tend to be in the vast minority and the games themselves tend to get good reviews overall.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Drake

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2017, 04:36:33 AM »
I'm not sure why this isn't immediately obvious, but many people playing an hour or less before reviewing have likely already played the game previously. You can't judge anyone by how much time they've put into this version when another has already existed for months.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2017, 07:38:55 AM »
It's funny Drake, I swore I mentioned the fact that many of the Eastern fans likely have already bought the physical version, but re-reading my post there is no mention. Great example of over-editing a post before submission.  :derp:

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
Most of them never passed an hour, despite the time to actually finished the game on Normal would be at least Triple that.
A run of the game only takes ~20-25 minutes, somewhere between that range. I'll be generous and say 25 minutes.

If you're replaying the game on different difficulties, characters, or delving into practice/spells, then yes the playtime would be higher, but I wouldn't expect most people to play the game for more than a few hours at most. Besides, as Drake mentioned, most people of that category have already played the game before, regardless of the means. There's a portion of people who bought the game just as a means of "support", since means to do so is pretty difficult before this, so those people are also included in the <1 hour club.

Personally I just got my lunatic 1cc and left, ages ago. I did also play around with the game a bit, tweaking with mods and game files and stuff, but otherwise I'd say I didn't spend much time on this game at all. Compare to people like Yatsuzume who took the time to get LNNN, or a bunch of friends who focused on scoring extra or other difficulties, which definitely clocks up quite a bit of hours.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:00:21 AM by Satori Komeijist »