Author Topic: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)  (Read 147647 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)
« Reply #960 on: April 29, 2011, 10:14:41 PM »
> Food heaven~
> Head out with Youmu to deliver the yumminess.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #961 on: April 29, 2011, 11:03:57 PM »
>Sho.. what did we learned today? Just... cook it!

>Can't talk.... mouth full of water....

>Resist the temptation, and follow usual passage, and then.. FEAST!

Change background music either to this or this

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #962 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:38 AM »
> Food heaven~
> Head out with Youmu to deliver the yumminess.
>Sho.. what did we learned today? Just... cook it!
>Can't talk.... mouth full of water....
>Resist the temptation, and follow usual passage, and then.. FEAST!
Change background music either to this or this
>Food, glorious food~!
>You, Youmu, and Ponga, attempt to carry the food out. But it's tough going...
>...Until suddenly, there's a scream outside! Was that Chen?!
~BGM: What's Happening?!~
>Youmu of course, almost literally drops what she's doing, and almost seems to vanish in the blink of an eye!
>However, she's left you and Ponga holding the rather heavy food...Of course, it's too heavy for you right now, so you struggle to set it down.
>And after much struggle and effort, you manage to do so. But it looks like the food will have to wait!

>_
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #963 on: May 01, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
>Eat... or not to eat? eee....

>Rush to the scream, if we do it in cat form it would be faster right? With the Athletic Wrappings on legs because we can.

>Make sure you have Ponga with you, not with the food... I hope it wont be eaten before we come back...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:13:57 PM by Berzul »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #964 on: May 01, 2011, 01:51:55 PM »
> Get our danmaku arm ready as it might be fightin' time.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #965 on: May 01, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »
>Eat... or not to eat? eee....
>Rush to the scream, if we do it in cat form it would be faster right? With the Athletic Wrappings on legs because we can.
>Make sure you have Ponga with you, not with the food... I hope it wont be eaten before we come back...
>To eat, or not to eat? That is the question.
>Oh what the hell, you decide that eating can come later. You pull out the Athletic Wrappings from...somewhere, and apply them to your legs.
~Item Equipped: Athletic Wrappings(Leg)~
>Of course, before dashing off, you make sure to grab Ponga.

> Get our danmaku arm ready as it might be fightin' time.
>You get ready for a fight if it comes to that.

>After a short dash, you find Yukari and Yuyuko chattering to each other while intermittently firing danmaku at a strange and large creature that's stampeding around. Are they even taking this seriously?
>Ran of course, is in a daze, most likely due to the fact that creature is chasing Chen. So much for her being able to help.
>Youmu is repeatedly attempting to slice it with her swords, but bounces off each time.
>Now that you've actually got a good look at it, it's pretty dang weird. It looks kinda like a Kedama, but it's got these weird gray stump-like legs. and it looks kinda like it's got the nose of one of those animals you read about. What was it again...an elephant?
>Come to think of it, it looks kinda like what might happen if you fused a Kedama with an Elephant. But just how'd it get here...?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #966 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
>"Protect the food!"

>"Ke...? It isn't that scary, Nya, what is it?"

>"Ponga, you know any of this?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #967 on: May 01, 2011, 07:41:23 PM »
> Since we've got the Athletic Wrappings, apply them to our arms and fire the Iron Ring at it.
> If that doesn't work, reapply the wrappings to our legs and power jump onto its back.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #968 on: May 01, 2011, 10:28:17 PM »
>"Protect the food!"
>"Ke...? It isn't that scary, Nya, what is it?"
>"Ponga, you know any of this?"
>You say to protect the food...But then you remember you left it in the hall. Yuyuko of course simply laughs. "I suppose eating will have to wait~"
>You mention that it's not that scary, and then ask what it is. "That my dear, is a Nozuchi. Though not even I know how it go in here without dying. Normally they reside out in the fields and woods."
>You ask Ponga if he knows about any of this, and he floats over to the Nozuchi. And surprisingly enough, it stops to regard the little fuzzy thing in front of it.
>And for a moment, it looks like they seem to know each other...But then smacks Ponga out of the way and resumes charging about recklessly. Poor little Ponga.

> Since we've got the Athletic Wrappings, apply them to our arms and fire the Iron Ring at it.
> If that doesn't work, reapply the wrappings to our legs and power jump onto its back.
>You decide to de-equip the Wrappings from your legs, and re-equip them to your arms.
>Then, you fire the Iron Ring at it, but that just bounces off! Looks like it's too heavy for the ring to do any major damage!
>When the Ring returns, you put the Wrappings back on your legs, and attempt to jump onto it! ...But you just barely miss!
>For a big hairball, it's pretty nimble.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #969 on: May 01, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »
Persona!

>"Oh it does not look that threatful... Maybe if we tame it, we can have it as a pet, Nya.."

>"It also does not fly, not at least now... Chen stop making a fool of yourself... "

>"On another note... the food's getting cold... Just get rid of it or something..."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #970 on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:24 PM »
> If nothing happens, try to catch up to it by flying and hitch a ride on it to try and stop it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #971 on: May 02, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »
Persona!
>"Oh it does not look that threatful... Maybe if we tame it, we can have it as a pet, Nya.."
>"It also does not fly, not at least now... Chen stop making a fool of yourself... "
>"On another note... the food's getting cold... Just get rid of it or something..."
>You mention that it doesn't look that dangerous, and maybe it's tameable. "Perhaps, but they're quite irritable."
>You also tell Chen that it likely doesn't fly, and to stop making a fool of herself. Of course, she just facepalms as she's running. "Why didn't I think of that?!" Chen the takes to the air, leaving a rather confused Nozuchi.
>You mention that on another note, the food's getting cold. Yuyuko of course floats off, maybe she knows what to do?
>Of course, the Nozuchi has now found a new target....You!

> If nothing happens, try to catch up to it by flying and hitch a ride on it to try and stop it.
>Luckily, you remember that you can fly, unlike Chen until you reminded her.
>And for a brief moment, you thought you could hear something...a voice...?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #972 on: May 02, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
>What voice?

>Ignore the thing, rise into the air and see if it would follow you... at the worst we would have to eat at the roof...

>Also "Ponga could you bring me something to eat? Nya... I don't think it will leave any time soon... you can fly too of course, Nya?"

>"Yuyuko-Shama, maybe we could bring the food outside, Nya?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #973 on: May 02, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
> Assess Nozuchi's outer anatomy for possible weak points.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #974 on: May 02, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »
>GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE SOLDIER
>Please please please oh god do not hit us
>Keep on moving, Make sure not to stop for anything, try to circle it if possible. If we cant hurt it, We can at least get it dizzy, right?
>Make a note that Yuyuko is prolly going at the food like a bear outta hibernation - make some more later.
>What voice? Are we becoming a Ghost Whisperer like in that one TV show Yukari-shama has shown us?!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #975 on: May 03, 2011, 06:43:04 AM »
> Assess Nozuchi's outer anatomy for possible weak points.
>You look the Nozuchi over for any weakpoints, but you don't find any. But then again, you've never seen anything like this before!

>What voice?
>Ignore the thing, rise into the air and see if it would follow you... at the worst we would have to eat at the roof...
>Also "Ponga could you bring me something to eat? Nya... I don't think it will leave any time soon... you can fly too of course, Nya?"
>"Yuyuko-Shama, maybe we could bring the food outside, Nya?"
>GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE SOLDIER
>Please please please oh god do not hit us
>Keep on moving, Make sure not to stop for anything, try to circle it if possible. If we cant hurt it, We can at least get it dizzy, right?
>Make a note that Yuyuko is prolly going at the food like a bear outta hibernation - make some more later.
>What voice? Are we becoming a Ghost Whisperer like in that one TV show Yukari-shama has shown us?!
>The voice...It's kinda quiet, but it sounds like...couldn't be...Is it coming from the Nozuchi...? That's just weird.
>You decide to fly out of it's reach, and it reaches at you with the...nose-thing, but it can't get far enough.
>It tries to jump, but it can't get very far into the air with those stubby legs it has.
>You ask Ponga if he can go find you something to eat, and Ponga nods...however he can since he's just a ball of hair, then flies into the house. Is it just you, or did Ponga get faster?
>You would ask Yuyuko to bring the food out, but she's not even within sight, she's probably eating the food by now, judging from the faint eating sounds coming from inside.
>Maybe you and Youmu should make more food later...
>You decide to fly rings around it, which seems to work a bit! But you hear that voice again...But it's quite a bit clearer now... "buaalgirn scoecr-paylres bliniog ham wlhie snliepeg."
>Or...maybe not...? ...It said something about ham, that's for sure.

Parser's Corner: So just who, or what, is this creature exactly? Find out in the next few updates!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #976 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
>"Nya~? Bulgarian Soccer players eating ham while sleeping?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #977 on: May 03, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Thank god I'm not the only one that thought of this.

>Are we near Yukari-shama or Miss Ran?
->If we are, can we try to repeat the sentence as best as we can? They might know what it means or something...
>Hell, Is this thing even TRYING to attack us? If it is, keep at it. If it isnt, tell everyone to back off.
>Maybe the voice is coming from that thing?

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #978 on: May 03, 2011, 01:14:14 PM »
Kero-Shama, analyse the enemy!

>"Nya~? Bulgarian Soccer players boiling ham while sleeping?"

>Yes.. we can try to repeat my version of it :P

>"Youmu-shama, have you happen to have any kind of rope we could use, this creature is like a dog, which got off his leach. We just need to put it on again..

>"Anyway... if that wont work... I guess we would have to dispose of it in a different way..."

>And who is still with us?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #979 on: May 03, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »
> Listen more closely in an attempt to make out more dialogue.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #980 on: May 03, 2011, 09:07:28 PM »
>What is it currently trying to do?

>Since it can (kinda) speak, slowly approach it and a manner that's not threatening, "Is there something wrong?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #981 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
Thank god I'm not the only one that thought of this.
>Are we near Yukari-shama or Miss Ran?
->If we are, can we try to repeat the sentence as best as we can? They might know what it means or something...
>Hell, Is this thing even TRYING to attack us? If it is, keep at it. If it isnt, tell everyone to back off.
>Maybe the voice is coming from that thing?
Kero-Shama, analyse the enemy!
>Yes.. we can try to repeat my version of it :P
>"Youmu-shama, have you happen to have any kind of rope we could use, this creature is like a dog, which got off his leash. We just need to put it on again.."
>"Anyway... if that wont work... I guess we would have to dispose of it in a different way..."
>And who is still with us?
>Bulgarian soccer-players...? Of all the weird things to say.
>Of course, the Nozuchi almost seems to facepalm...How can it even do that when it doesn't even seem to have a face, much less a palm to facepalm with...?
>Ran's still in a daze, And...wait, where'd Yukari go? She's nowhere to be seen! And where's Chen for that matter...?
>You try to repeat it to Ran as best you can, but she just mumbles strangely. Something about...Macca? Now that can't be right, You've learned that Gensokyo's currency is the Yen!
>Ran hands you a small pile of weird coins with a strange symbol on each of them, looks like a weird lowercase H. Then she just meanders off in her daze.
~Item Get: 200 Weird Coins~
>Surprisingly enough, the Nozuchi almost looks like it's waiting...It doesn't look like it's attacking anyone now though. Maybe it was looking for something...or someone?
>You ask Youmu if she has any rope on hand, but she shakes her head. "None that isn't already being used right now at least."
>When you mention that you might have to dispose of it another way, the Nozuchi almost seems scared, it's even cowering! How strange... "Wihjctdrnch arakuwrhkb cpsrhhis... juetjzjd...Macca..."
>How strange, Ran mentioned Macca too...Maybe it's talking about those coins Ran gave you?
>Youmu and the Nozuchi are still nearby, Ran's floated off, Yuyuko is presumably eating what you and Youmu cooked earlier, while Yukari and Chen are nowhere in sight. Wonder where they went...?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #982 on: May 04, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »
>Slowly walk to it, and pet it.

>Show the coin Ran gave us to the Nozuchi. "Macca?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #983 on: May 04, 2011, 12:47:49 AM »
>Hmmm... Hard choice... Do we tell everyone to let it go? It seems harmless...
>"Ummm... Miss Youmnya? Can we... Can we let this thing go? Also, Do you know what these are?"
>Show her the Macca.
>do the macarena

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #984 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
Not that it wasn't to except.. but..

>"Stop stampeding and sit down quietly, and maybe we can talk... Nyaa good*smile*"

>"Now why would someone furry like you have been searching around here? Food?"

>Using our Female charm and the "suit" attempt to "seduce" the creature "I would give you a few of those, maybe even half of them, Nya *show the macca*, if you would kindly would tell me, how did you got here and why..?"

You know the seducing skills we have or anything... are just a part of a greater conversation system, Thus shouldn't be taken in strict literal form...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #985 on: May 05, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »
>Hmmm... Hard choice... Do we tell everyone to let it go? It seems harmless...
>"Ummm... Miss Youmnya? Can we... Can we let this thing go? Also, Do you know what these are?"
>Show her the Macca.
>do the macarena
>Ooh...what to do...
>You ask Youmu if it's possible to let it go, and she shrugs. You then ask her what the coins are, and show her one. "To be honest, I've never seen those before."
>The parser was going to link that song, but then he remembered the bad memories many hold of trying to get it out of their head. So he won't be that heartless.

>Slowly walk to it, and pet it.
>Show the coin Ran gave us to the Nozuchi. "Macca?"
>You slowly walk over..or would, if you were on the ground. So you float over to pet it instead. It seems to sorta like it..
>You show it one of the coins, and it seems to perk up! "grlolbe, fpulmh!"

Not that it wasn't to except.. but..
>"Stop stampeding and sit down quietly, and maybe we can talk... Nyaa good*smile*"
>"Now why would someone furry like you have been searching around here? Food?"
>Using our Female charm and the "suit" attempt to "seduce" the creature "I would give you a few of those, maybe even half of them, Nya *show the macca*, if you would kindly would tell me, how did you got here and why..?"
You know the seducing skills we have or anything... are just a part of a greater conversation system, Thus shouldn't be taken in strict literal form...
>You ask the Nozuchi to stop stampeding, but it just seems confused. "H'vneat I eneb nidog atht rladaey?"
>It seems to be getting more understandable. Strange.
>You ask it why it's been stampeding around, but it seems to shrug.
>You would use the Suit to help smooth things along, but you're not wearing it. You're still wearing the Cooking Outfit. Oops?
>You mention that you would give it a few of the coins, maybe even half of them, if it tells you how it got to Hakugyoukurou, and why it was there in the first place. But it seems confused.
>You show it one of the coins again, but this time it snatches it away!
~Item Lost: 1 Weird Coin~
~Coins Remaining: 199~
>But suddenly, the Nozuchi is enveloped in a bright flash!
~BGM: Weird Happenings~
>When the flash fades, and your eyesight returns to normal, you see that it's been replaced by a rather small girl with a brown dress. And faintly purplish, but mostly brown, hair.
>"....I am Serpent Nozuchi....but I don't really have a name like the rest of you people....Since you, um.....showed kindness to me....I'll do what I can to, uh....help you...."
~BGM: Concerning Youkai~

~Please Name This Ally.~

~Tutorial Corner: Allies~
Occasionally as you go through this adventure, you may find Allies to recruit.
Such as this young, inexperienced, Nozuchi. How you can recruit them depends on what they are, and their personality.
For example, by finding a peaceful resolution, Serpent Nozuchi has joined you on your adventures!
Experiment and try things out to see what's the most effective means of gaining more friends and allies!
Some of them, like Serpent Nozuchi, are of the Inexperienced type, they will take a bit more work to be able to assist in combat matters, and they're mediocre at best in terms of anything else.
But they generally have higher Potential than other Allies.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #986 on: May 05, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
Okay guys, put yer heads together, It's time to think up a name.
Well what goes well with Hibachi? We could name her something related to that.
>Can we ask anyone for what name we should choose?
>purple and brown hair... loli... ITS A LOLI BYAKUREN MY DREAM COME TRUEEEEEE

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #987 on: May 05, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
Ok the name...
Izanami, Maya, Orpheus, Hebichi  I don't know really....

>"Yes... You can come along if you want to learn the world, your master will show you~"

>Go back inside, and make sure the little devil is following you :P

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #988 on: May 05, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
Izanami sounds cool...

Also, 988 as of this post. Get ready to make a new topic after the new two updates or so, Hanzo. Also, Early Gratz on the second topic.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #989 on: May 05, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »
Izanami
Thirded.

> We made another friend~
> Ensure the food isn't eaten.