Author Topic: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)  (Read 148440 times)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)
« Reply #840 on: April 11, 2011, 05:46:59 AM »
>Always ask where food comes from now. We dont want any food from Yukari.
>"Ran-mama, Yukari-san is making eggs! And she doesnt really know *cough to grab yukaris attention* that she is BURNING THE PLACE DOWN."

Yeah i'm going to call ran Ran-mama. She seems like the most motherly figure out of the three. also, on a side note, RO didnt work. I prolly eff'd something up somehow. I'll find a DL somewhere though.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #841 on: April 11, 2011, 06:03:21 AM »
I don't know.. Ran is was like.. something close to an aunt, who did give us the note? Who do keeps giving us stuff? Even if she does not treat us as a child... that much, I don't recall Ran doing the same...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #842 on: April 11, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »
>Always ask where food comes from now. We dont want any food from Yukari.
>"Ran-mama, Yukari-san is making eggs! And she doesnt really know *cough to grab yukaris attention* that she is BURNING THE PLACE DOWN."

Yeah i'm going to call ran Ran-mama. She seems like the most motherly figure out of the three. also, on a side note, RO didnt work. I prolly eff'd something up somehow. I'll find a DL somewhere though.
On the subject of RO, I have one last idea I could try. But I have to get things arranged,
>You resolve to ask who cooked the food, even though Yukari's only major drawback is that she's woefully inept at it. She has her moments when she gets it right though, and those taste pretty damn good.
>You call for Ran, while subtly letting Yukari know that she's been caught in the act. Yukari of course, plays along and acts shocked in a rather theatrical way.

>"MOTHER! Do you know the difference between cooked and burned?"
And I was not talking about microwaves, but an electronic plate, not quite sure how it's called.
>"Maybe I can try healing you with this..."
Well, I wasn't thinking about hot plates. Plus, it'd make sense for her to have some kind of flaw, being a horribly inept cook is the most amusing one.
I mean, with how she does things on seemingly a whim, it could just all be an act? Only Yukari can answer that question, I'm just a humble Parser.
>You ask Yukari if she knows the difference between cooked and burned, and she just smirks at you with a devious look in her eyes.
>You've learned to be careful around her when she gets that look, things never go as planned for other people when that happens.
>You mention that maybe you could help her with it, but admittedly, your cooking skills aren't much better. You don't burn the house down, or blow it up entirely, but you're not that much better.
~BGM: Emeril She Ain't~
>"I don't need help~ just a little tweak here on this border, a pinch on that border there, and BAM! Fried eggs for four~ ...Did we remember to get the rice the other day?"
>Cooking with borders. Isn't that something. You just stare in abject befuddlement when you see that she's completely fixed the ruined eggs. Border manipulation sure is handy isn't it?
>But it didn't do a thing about the smoke, so the both of you are quickly stricken by bouts of coughing.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #843 on: April 11, 2011, 07:17:30 PM »
>"Ohh... so you saying cooking with borders passes the test? What about the smoke then? *Open the closest thing to a window*"
>If we have one of those smoke/air Vacuum
>"Can I try at least.. you never did let me ever try, mother...."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #844 on: April 11, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
>"Ohh... so you saying cooking with borders passes the test? What about the smoke then? *Open the closest thing to a window*"
>If we have one of those smoke/air Vacuum
>"Can I try at least.. you never did let me ever try, mother...."
>You express your confusion on the subject of using her power to cook, and she just smiles at you enigmatically...Between coughs.
>You open all the nearby windows, all of them. And it helps a bit, but you suspect it will take a good part of the day to completely air out.
>You express your interest in cooking, and she just smiles. "Oh~? I'll have to call in a favor from dear old Yuyuko then, her gardener is an exceptional chef. Perhaps she can teach you~"
>A gardener, being a good chef? What. You wonder how a gardener could possibly be anything other than a gardener.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #845 on: April 11, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
>"Ke? Yuyuko-Shama? I never meet her though... Wait... She is the one around ghosts, Nya? The place where that Kasha lives *Shivers*"
>"Did you happen to learn your cooking from her? nnnn makes me wonder how Ran-Shama got her skill from..."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
>Guess she's just an all around servant then.
>You have this urge to scream "GOD DAMMIT YUKARI". You dont know why.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #847 on: April 11, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
>"Ke? Yuyuko-Shama? I never meet her though... Wait... She is the one around ghosts, Nya? The place where that Kasha lives *Shivers*"
>"Did you happen to learn your cooking from her? nnnn makes me wonder how Ran-Shama got her skill from..."
>You expression your slight confusion of who Yuyuko is, and wonder somewhat scaredly if she's connected to that Kasha, and Yukari simply smiles enigmatically. "Oh heavens no, you're thinking of the Former Hell. Nice place for a party, but a few too many Oni for my tastes. Yuyuko resides in Hakugyoukurou."
>You ask if Yukari got her cooking skill from whoever this gardener is, and she just laughs. "If I had, I wouldn't have burned those eggs would I?"
>You then wonder aloud where Ran got her cooking skill. "She certainly didn't get it from me, she was a regular Youkai, not unlike you, before she became my Shikigami."

>Guess she's just an all around servant then.
>You have this urge to scream "GOD DAMMIT YUKARI". You dont know why.
>You wonder if maybe that gardener is just good at a lot of things.
>Why would you do this? Yukari's treated you well. She is a bit...Eccentric though, for lack of a better word.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #848 on: April 11, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »
>"Ke? Former Hell... and the underworld..  this is confusing... Nya, I get to choose the place after I die? But.. how to get there if you aren't dead?"
>"It makes me nnnn... Mother you are a ghost too, that can talk with Yuyuko-Shama?"
>"I have never seen a ghost in my life... *Exited and a bit scared*"
I am referring to the mistake Yukari made here:
"Yuyuko is the current ruler of Hakugyoukuro, also referred to as the Underworld. Often times, the spirits of those who die are sent there. it's really a beautiful place, I actually knew her even before she...er, died. But that's not to say she still isn't alive in a sense. She's referred to by some as the 'Ghostly Princess'. But personally, she's just as quirky as I am."
Netherworld is another thing...

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #849 on: April 11, 2011, 08:41:06 PM »
>"Still though, I dont know what a ghost is. Do I clean it up with a vacuum or something?"

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #850 on: April 11, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »
>"Can you eat a ghost?"

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #851 on: April 11, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »
>"Do ghosts come in different colors like Kedama do, nya?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #852 on: April 11, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »
>"Ke? Former Hell... and the underworld..  this is confusing... Nya, I get to choose the place after I die? But.. how to get there if you aren't dead?"
>"It makes me nnnn... Mother you are a ghost too, that can talk with Yuyuko-Shama?"
>"I have never seen a ghost in my life... *Exited and a bit scared*"
I am referring to the mistake Yukari made here:
"Yuyuko is the current ruler of Hakugyoukuro, also referred to as the Underworld. Often times, the spirits of those who die are sent there. it's really a beautiful place, I actually knew her even before she...er, died. But that's not to say she still isn't alive in a sense. She's referred to by some as the 'Ghostly Princess'. But personally, she's just as quirky as I am."
Netherworld is another thing...
>You ask Yukari confusedly about those places, and a few other things, and Yukari somehow pulls a folding fan out of thin air, is she using her power? "The Enma decides that, but if Yuyuko takes a shine to you, there's a good chance she'll override the Enma's ruling and have you carted off to Hakugyoukurou instead of wherever the Enma wants to put you. But that's a bridge to cross after one dies, no?"
>You mention in a somewhat scared and excited manner that you've never seen a ghost before, and Yukari simply smiles enigmatically. "You'll see quite a few at Hakugyoukurou. But I'll warn you, that gardener I told you about? She's a serious individual, and good with what she uses to prune the cherry blossoms. Oh, another bit of advice, there's a tree in Hakugyoukurou's rear courtyard that never blooms, under no circumstances are you to try to make it bloom. Understood?" During the last bit she stares at you with a look that just screams 'Do this, and you'll wish you'd never been born.'
>Yukari's kinda scary when she's not being her usually goofy self...

>"Still though, I dont know what a ghost is. Do I clean it up with a vacuum or something?"
>Wanting to change the subject quickly, you ask if a ghost is something you clean up with a vacuum, and that stern look of Yukari's cracks into laughter!

>"Can you eat a ghost?"
>You then ask if a ghost is something you eat, and that makes her laugh even harder!

>"Do ghosts come in different colors like Kedama do, nya?"
>You decide that those lines of dialogue aren't going anywhere for now, and ask if Ghosts come in different colors like Kedama do, and she laughs a bit more as she slowly regains her composure.
>"Oh-hohoho.....Dear me, that was quite a laugh. But ghosts don't come in different colors per se. But rather, they come in different types. There's the wisp-ish sort that have been affectionately nicknamed "Myons" by most of Gensokyo. Evil Spirits, which the Kasha control and use. And Bakebake, but Gensokyo hasn't seen one of those in years. Not since the Makai Tourism Incident a while back really. And before you ask, I wasn't involved with that one. If memory serves, there was an extremely powerful Evil Spirit who got herself involved in that one. I hear she settled down and became a shrine's patron Curse Goddess though. Though I have heard she's left some of her possessions somewhere in Gensokyo. The main individual behind the Makai Incident I mentioned earlier also did so, but she hasn't been seen in Gensokyo since that incident either. I've heard rumors that the puppeteer out in the Forest of Magic might have one of those artifacts. If you intend to find them, she'd likely be the first place to start."

~Subquest Added!~
Ancient Relics
According to Yukari, there were two powerful people in Gensokyo who haven't been seen for a long time.
She mentioned that they've left some of their possessions behind, and that a puppeteer might be able to help you find some of them.

~Tutorial Corner: Subquests~
Subquests are a special kind of quest that is highly difficult, but promises great rewards.
From useful items, to potential allies, or even new skills!
But to match their difficulty, finding the start of a Subquest is proportionally harder than that of a normal quest.
The Parser doesn't expect you to complete this new one, "Ancient Relics", anytime soon, so just keep it in the back of your mind.
A good example of a Subquest in other things is the ever-infamous "Devil's Arms" sidequest in the Tales of series.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #853 on: April 11, 2011, 10:00:24 PM »
>"eee Yes Mother I will be careful with that... but that place scares me... what would happen If I would turn into ghost while being in Hakugyoukurou? You won't let me die, you will protect me right?"
>"Nya... so we are going? All of the sudden it's decided?"
>"Artefacts Nya? What are those two in question exactly?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #854 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
>"Will I be able to shoot lasers out my eyes?!"
>Imagine a theme song for you...
>ONLY YOUR A FUCKING ROBO KITTY YAHOOOOO

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #855 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »
> > "Y-you mean like treasure, nya?!"
> Excitement~

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #856 on: April 11, 2011, 10:29:34 PM »
>"eee Yes Mother I will be careful with that... but that place scares me... what would happen If I would turn into ghost while being in Hakugyoukurou? You won't let me die, you will protect me right?"
>"Nya... so we are going? All of the sudden it's decided?"
>"Artefacts Nya? What are those two in question exactly?"
>You ask worriedly if you'll turn into a ghost while you're there, and Yukari removes your headgear and ruffles your hair before replacing your hat. "That won't happen, Hakugyoukurou is a place where the living visit from time to time too. I am one such person who does that. And the gardener? She's as alive as you and I...In a sense."
>You then ask if it's already been decided then, and Yukari taps your nose lightly with the fan she materialized a few moments ago. "I have to arrange things with Yuyuko first~"
>You inquire about the Artifacts, and Yukari appears to be thinking. "I think one of the Artifacts was a peculiar staff, and the other one was a vivid red dress that's more like a robe than a dress. According to the info I've gathered on them, the staff is an Artifact of the Spirit I mentioned earlier. As for the other item, I would think the puppeteer would know more, she used to live in Makai if the rumors are true~"

>"Will I be able to shoot lasers out my eyes?!"
>Imagine a theme song for you...
>ONLY YOUR A FUCKING ROBO KITTY YAHOOOOO
>You ask if you'll end up being able to shoot lasers out of your eyes, and Yukari chuckles. "You've been watching Tensoku Z with the Shrine Maiden up at the Moriya Shrine again haven't you?"
>Now that she mentions it, Sanae was quite enamored with it during your training. And you thought it was pretty cool too.
>You try to imagine a cool theme like the one from Tensoku Z for yourself, but you can really only think of Tensoku Z's theme. Drat.

> > "Y-you mean like treasure, nya?!"
> Excitement~
>You ask if finding the Artifacts means finding treasure in a rather excited manner, and Yukari just chuckles to herself as she fools around with the border of hot and cold in a effort to keep breakfast warm. "You could say that~"
>And suddenly, Ran and Chen fall out of a pair of those weird portals Yukari makes. "Fleeble-snort."
>Ran just facepalms, while Yukari laughs to herself. Think she knows what happened to Chen?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #857 on: April 11, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
How did you know I was referencing that? You mind-reader you.
>Have we ever seen the internet?
>"Well, Fleeble-snort to you too Chen-shama."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #858 on: April 11, 2011, 10:37:22 PM »
> Giggle.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #859 on: April 11, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »
>hmm Yukari has something important to say then... wait

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #860 on: April 11, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »
>Poke Chen. "When is she gonna be unbroken, nya?"

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #861 on: April 11, 2011, 10:45:34 PM »
>Have we seen anyone with a condition like Chen's in the Box? If so, how was the situation resolved there?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #862 on: April 11, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »
How did you know I was referencing that? You mind-reader you.
>Have we ever seen the internet?
>"Well, Fleeble-snort to you too Chen-shama."
You're talking to a guy who eats, sleeps, and breathes the mecha genre. There's probably not many folks here on MoTK who know more about it than I do. There's probably more than I think there are though, "Always A Bigger Fish" and whatnot.
>Internet? You've messed around with it a bit at the Moriya Shrine, you found an interesting site called Shrinemaiden. But you couldn't look into it further, as Sanae hijacked the computer to order a 1/60 Scale Model of one of those Mecha she's so enamored with.
>You return Chen's bizarre greeting, and she smiles crosseyedly, like she has all day. "Gal-blempfth!" Yukari and Ran stare at each other confusedly, and even you can't help but get in on that.

> Giggle.
>You giggle at nothing in particular, Chen's out-of-it-ness is kinda funny though.

>hmm Yukari has something important to say then... wait
>You would think Yukari has something Important to say, but she's too preoccupied with trying to makes sense of what Chen just said. Seems even border control has it's limits.

>Have we seen anyone with a condition like Chen's in the Box? If so, how was the situation resolved there?
>Somewhat, but you're fairly certain none of those cases lasted this long. Of course, they weren't Youkai like Chen is.

>Poke Chen. "When is she gonna be unbroken, nya?"
>You poke Chen experimentally, and wonder aloud when she's gonna stop being busted. "Fish shaped crackers, Fish shaped candies, Fish shaped solid waste, Fish shaped dirt, Fish shaped ethyl benzene, Fish shaped volatile organic compounds and Sediment shaped sediment. Candy coated peanut butter pieces......shaped like fish." When Chen says all this, you wonder if she's starting to improve. She is saying more sensible things afterall. Maybe she's just got fish on the brain?
>And for some inexplicable reason, Ran chimes in weirdly. "Well, at least she didn't mention the electromagnetic cross-imaging rhubarb." and Yukari nods wisely while supplying her own comments. "And don't forget the Injector Needle Driver."
>You're completely confused as to what they could be talking about.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:00:01 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #863 on: April 11, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »
>Slaps Chen around a bit with a large trout .
>"So, Mother.. you wanted to see us all? Why?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #864 on: April 11, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »
>Once done slapping, Eat said trout. Tastes good man.
>"Ran-mama, Do you know what to do? What about you, Yukari-shama?"
>"Should we hit her on the head with a frying pan?"

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2011, 12:22:24 AM »
>Don't forget to share the trout.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2011, 12:38:36 AM »
> Conjure a pith hat.
> "Should we call a doctor or something, nya?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2011, 09:04:32 AM »
>"So, Mother.. you wanted to see us all? Why?"
>You would, but you don't have this item!
>You ask Yukari why she wanted to talk to everyone, and she just shovels a pile of eggs onto a plate. "It's breakfast time, remember? Most important meal of the day and all that~"

>Once done slapping, Eat said trout. Tastes good man.
>"Ran-mama, Do you know what to do? What about you, Yukari-shama?"
>"Should we hit her on the head with a frying pan?"
>Don't forget to share the trout.
> Conjure a pith hat.
> "Should we call a doctor or something, nya?"
>You don't have a trout to do this with!
>You ask Ran and Yukari if they know what to do about Chen's current problem, and they just shrug.
>"It should fade on it's own I think." "That would sound about right. Of course...I could just use borders like I did with the eggs, but where's the fun in that?"
>You ask if maybe she should be bopped with a frying pan, and they just facepalm, even Chen facepalms!
>You wonder if maybe a doctor should be called or something, and Chen chimes in. "Oh, that thing has numbers on it~!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2011, 11:54:51 AM »
>"Horray! She's speaking normally!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »
>"Horray! She's speaking normally!"
>You say happily that she's talking normally, and Chen smiles brightly. "Skunks playing poker, basketball cheesesteak! Spoooooon."
>Or not...? Guess she's still out of it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!