Author Topic: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)  (Read 148440 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)
« Reply #720 on: April 04, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »
> Look around for Ponga.
> If unable to find him, call out his name.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #721 on: April 04, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
>"Well, Um... I kinda came here to learn, I dont really know much about anything right now..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #722 on: April 05, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »
>"Nya! I'm not sure... I'm Hibachi, a newborn nekomatya."
I choose the first one, just for that reason it did represent something of what we heard back then.. I guess it would fit somewhere too.. but.. oh well
>"Nya... you sure scared me there! *shiver*"
>"Aren't Goddesses all knowing, Nya? Anyway, I came here because Yukari-Shama told me that I need to learn skills *hands note*. I hoped you would teach me flying, Nya... I am not very good at it as now....
>Impress Kanako-Shama with your... flying skills in normal form.
>"Well, Um... I kinda came here to learn, I dont really know much about anything right now..."
>You tell the mysterious woman your name, and that's you're not sure why you came here in the first place. She conjures a small dish with some kind of drink in it, and takes a few sips. "I am Kanako Yasaka, chief deity of the Moriya Shrine. I assume you've likely already met Suwako yes? This was originally her shrine, I won it from her in single combat many years ago. She used to be the chief deity here until I won our duel ages ago." She then looks out over the lake in an almost longing manner. "...I miss those days."
>You also mention that she really scared you with that thunderstorm bit, and that breaks her out of her little trip down memory lane. "You found it frightening, I found it thoroughly amusing."
>You then remember the note! You tell her that you came to learn skills. You pass her Yukari's Note, and she looks it over while nodding every so often. "I see, so the old border youkai sent you? If that was the case, then she would've brought you earlier when she visited for lunch. But the note seems authentic." When you mention flight, she nods understandingly...until you show her your complete inability to fly., then she just starts laughing uproariously. "Wait, you're telling me you can't fly? What's Yukari been doing, not teaching you flight? I suppose I'll play along with her little game."
>Kanako then stands up and throws the dish aside. "I understand you want to learn how to fly little one, but I'll have to test you to see if you're worth teaching. Show me what you're capable of in combat!" Suddenly, more of those pillars crash down from the skies, forming an arena with you and Kanako at the center!

~BGM: Battle With A Divine Foe~
Kanako Yasaka draws near!

Kanako's Status: ?

Your Status: 100%
Mana Points: 8

~Tutorial Corner~

To learn certain skills, you will be tested by the person who can teach you that skill.
Occasionally, if you perform excellently, you will get a bonus skill, determined by who you fought.
There are other ways to get certain skills, and many can only be learned by that method.
Experiment and see what works to find out how to get different skills!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #723 on: April 05, 2011, 11:55:26 PM »
> Observe Kanako's movements.  Wait until she attacks and when she does go cat-form and head into the gaps of her danmaku.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #724 on: April 06, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »
This might be not sufficient and not enough quickly, but we have time, since she is waiting for the first attack. If memory servers.. She if reinforcing herself by turning the area into "her's" by pillars She is rising...
>Exam the pillars for weak spots.
>But do not turn your back.
>Those are to hight to jump on, Nya?
>Pretend to look weaker that you are right now, change to cat form for now.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #725 on: April 06, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »
>Fire off a quick round of damaku, decently spread out. Enough to keep here away for just a bit. But do not use lasers or spellcards yet.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #726 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:42 AM »
> Observe Kanako's movements.  Wait until she attacks and when she does go cat-form and head into the gaps of her danmaku.
>You observe Kanako's movements closely, but she doesn't move an inch, she seems to be waiting for you to make the first move. Wait...when did she pull out that spellcard?!

This might be not sufficient and not enough quickly, but we have time, since she is waiting for the first attack. If memory servers.. She if reinforcing herself by turning the area into "her's" by pillars She is rising...
>Exam the pillars for weak spots.
>But do not turn your back.
>Those are to hight to jump on, Nya?
>Pretend to look weaker that you are right now, change to cat form for now.
>You quickly check the pillars for weakpoints, but you see none.
>Yes, they're far too high to jump up to without flight, but you may be able to climb them with the right ammount of speed.
>You decide to shift to Cat Form, and Kanako just smirks. "Well, not going to make the first move are you? I suppose I'll lead off then!"
>Kanako then floats into the air a bit while rings of danmaku are repeatedly manifested and expanded outwards! But you barely manage to slip through the gaps in between the individual danmaku, thanks to Cat Form. But she still has that card out...why hasn't she used it..?

>Fire off a quick round of damaku, decently spread out. Enough to keep here away for just a bit. But do not use lasers or spellcards yet.
>You find an open spot within Kanako's shots and switch back to Normal Mode to fire off a few shot, but Kanako dodges most of them, and swats away what ones she couldn't dodge in time with fierce slaps! What is she, some kinda sumo wrestler?!

Your Status: 100%
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:51:18 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #727 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:34 PM »
Oh yes.. , Time to use some of tactical movement.
>Use Danmaku spam to get her attention, spam some bullets into her Eyes.
>Use cat form to slip past her back.
>Use lasers on her hand, that which she is carrying the shpell card.
>When she drops it, pick it up and use it against her.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #728 on: April 06, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
>Spam da- or do what berzul said.
>In the offchance we know theres no way to reach the spellcard, Make sure she doesnt get it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #729 on: April 06, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »
> How close together are the pillars?

Might be able to get some kitty-mode wall jump action going. :3

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #730 on: April 06, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »

itsa me
kittyio

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #731 on: April 07, 2011, 07:58:20 AM »
>They're far apart enough that you can see through them, but close enough together that there's no way you could squeeze through them, even in Cat Form.

Oh yes.. , Time to use some of tactical movement.
>Use Danmaku spam to get her attention, spam some bullets into her Eyes.
>Use cat form to slip past her back.
>Use lasers on her hand, that which she is carrying the shpell card.
>When she drops it, pick it up and use it against her.
>Spam da- or do what berzul said.
>In the offchance we know there's no way to reach the spellcard, Make sure she doesnt get it.
>You fire off a cloud of Danmaku almost comparable to the one the Red Kedama from earlier fired!
>You then cancel out of firing to shift to cat form to slip behind her, but Kanako catches you with a fierce backhand that sends you flying, a backhand so powerful that it knocked you right out of Cat Form!
>"Clever girl! But not clever enough!"
>After pulling yourself back up, you retaliate by firing a spread of lasers, and a good ammount of them hit home! But she doesn't lose her grip on the spellcard.
>Kanako then charges at you with both arms swinging, much like a sumo wrestler.

>_

Your Status; 68%
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:49:29 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #732 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:04 PM »
"Kanako then floats into the air a bit"
"slip behind her, but Kanako catches you with a fierce backhand that sends you flying"
That's bit confuses me... She in the air, that we could go below her or.. whatever..
Today.... I got to meet Kero on the way from and back to the home... However on the way back to the home.. I also got caught by a storm...  EVIL SHRINE is EVIL!
And now this...
Oh well resolve this matter in Dangerama style would be.. something I want to try out, please don't kill us..
Well sumo wrestlers have one weakness, they do abide the rules of Sumo, therefore...
>If we aren't right next to a pillar, make sure you are really touching it with you back.
>Await Kanako rush, shooting her legs.
>When she gets in range, change into cat form, jump off the wall, on Kanako's head.
>Bounce of her head, change into normal form, and use a spell card to fire yourself into her waist, in a attempt to push her onto the pillar, maybe destroying it in the process.
Also.. I want this Danmaku...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:21:31 PM by Berzul »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2011, 05:07:39 PM »
>Imagine sunglasses falling right in front of your eyes after you catch her with the attack
>:dealwithit:

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #734 on: April 07, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
"Kanako then floats into the air a bit"
"slip behind her, but Kanako catches you with a fierce backhand that sends you flying"
That's bit confuses me... She in the air, that we could go below her or.. whatever..
Today.... I got to meet Kero on the way from and back to the home... However on the way back to the home.. I also got caught by a storm...  EVIL SHRINE is EVIL!
And now this...
Oh well resolve this matter in Dangerama style would be.. something I want to try out, please don't kill us..
Well sumo wrestlers have one weakness, they do abide the rules of Sumo, therefore...
>If we aren't right next to a pillar, make sure you are really touching it with you back.
>Await Kanako rush, shooting her legs.
>When she gets in range, change into cat form, jump off the wall, on Kanako's head.
>Bounce of her head, change into normal form, and use a spell card to fire yourself into her waist, in a attempt to push her onto the pillar, maybe destroying it in the process.
Also.. I want this Danmaku...
>Imagine sunglasses falling right in front of your eyes after you catch her with the attack
>:dealwithit:
She only floated up enough for enhanced mobility, like Patchy in the fighters. Just an inch or so off the ground.
It'll be a recurring theme from Skill Bosses that they'll use a form of the skill you're being tested to learn when you fight them.
>You used a pillar to pull yourself up, so you've already got your back to one!
>You brace for her attack while firing several shots aimed at her legs, but it doesn't seem to affect her any.
>Once she gets close enough, you shift to cat form and walljump off the pillar behind you, and into Kanako's face! "Mrmpfh!?"
>You then springboard off her head and into the air, firing off your spellcard at her in an effort to knock Kanako into the pillar, but all it does is push her towards it a little bit.
>Kanako does however make contact with the pillar, but instead she merely richochets off it and back towards you. Unfortunately, you're still in midair from your earlier attack, so she capitalizes on that and smacks you into the ground with a powerful overhead swing!
>Pain. Pain. Pain. Ow. the Kedama from earlier never hit this hard...
>Suddenly, a blur zooms onto the field and collides with Kanako full force, knocking her back a few paces! "What?!"
>When the dust clears, you see a familiar fluffball...It's Ponga!

~BGM: Fluffy Hero~
~Battle Event: Ponga has Joined The Battle!~
~Ponga can now be commanded as well.~

Your Status: 30%
Mana Points: 6

Ponga's Status: 100%
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:16:06 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #735 on: April 07, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
> Ponga:  Block Kanako's eyesight.
> Hibachi:  Regain composure and fire some lasers at Kanako's main body.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #736 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
firing off your spellcard at her in an effort to knock Kanako into the pillar
Dangerama style: use a spell card to fire yourself into her waist.
Does not mean you fire at her.... Maybe cus danmaku did so far nothing?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #737 on: April 07, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
Dangerama style: use a spell card to fire yourself into her waist.
Does not mean you fire at her.... Maybe cus danmaku did so far nothing?
Only a few spellcards work like that, and the only one Hibachi has right now ain't one of 'em.

> Ponga:  Block Kanako's eyesight.
> Hibachi:  Regain composure and fire some lasers at Kanako's main body.
>You have Ponga try to block Kanako's Eyesight, and it actually works a bit!
>You follow up on Ponga's action by firing a barrage of shots!
>The shots hit the mark, but like last time, she doesn't seem to take much damage. "Well, now that you have some help, I can use this. Springs Like Suiga!"
>Kanako declares the spellcard she was holding on to this whole time, and a barrage of Danmaku is fired outwards from her in all directions! Ponga gets blasted right out of the arena from the force of the spellcard's activation!
>Suddenly, you hear a familiar voice in your head. "Fighting Kanako are you? Listen, try using that ring as a weapon. It used to belong to me, so it should be able to do some damage."

~Battle Event: Ponga has been knocked out of the Fight!~
~Ponga can no longer accept commands~

Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #738 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »
Only a few spellcards work like that, and the only one Hibachi has right now ain't one of 'em.
This is the first Spellcard you unlocked, It fires a barrage of Laser Shots directly forward. You get the feeling Yukari would be proud.
This I might feared, but still a melee attack is.. a melee attack..
You can also fire them from your feet, for a boost. It's directly forward, if you look directly on the ground.
>Try using that ring as a weapon..
Atm I honestly... out of possibilities, maybe we can try to slide under her?
>Get as far as you can, rest, wait for her to come, slide under her, attack with hand claw/ring thingy, change cat form, run the other way.
>Otherwise, if she wont come wait until her spell card expires. Then either proceed with the plan either, use those "Athletic Bandages" for unknown effects...
>Also.. *Dramatic close up* "PONGAAAAAAAAA!"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:49:05 PM by Berzul »

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #739 on: April 07, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »
Hmmm.
>Take off the ring and throw it at Kanako.
>Is ponga alright?
>Dont forget to keep firing.
>If all else fails (or if the ring actually does do damage), Use a spellcard and bomb it out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #740 on: April 08, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
This I might feared, but still a melee attack is.. a melee attack..
You can also fire them from your feet, for a boost. It's directly forward, if you look directly on the ground.
>Try using that ring as a weapon..
Atm I honestly... out of possibilities, maybe we can try to slide under her?
>Get as far as you can, rest, wait for her to come, slide under her, attack with hand claw/ring thingy, change cat form, run the other way.
>Otherwise, if she wont come wait until her spell card expires. Then either proceed with the plan either, use those "Athletic Bandages" for unknown effects...
>Also.. *Dramatic close up* "PONGAAAAAAAAA!"
Hmmm.
>Take off the ring and throw it at Kanako.
>Is ponga alright?
>Dont forget to keep firing.
>If all else fails (or if the ring actually does do damage), Use a spellcard and bomb it out.
Don't have enough levels in Danmaku Mastery to shoot from anywhere but your hands sadly, gotta be at least Rank B. Once you hit Rank S, you can use Familiars like Keine does.
You'll get new shot types as you go along though. But enough exposition, time to get back to Youkai Quest!
>You decide to take off the ring, and it resumes it's original form, You then put all your might into flinging it at Kanako!
>Shockingly, it punches through the Danmaku she's firing, and catches her square in the stomach, breaking the attack! When that happens, you hear a sound of metal crashing, and glass shattering. It seems strangely satisfying.
>You look around for Ponga, and you see Momiji tending to him on the other side of the pillars, it looks like he's okay for now.
>What the..The ring's back in your hand! Maybe this is the power it holds?
>You decide to pour on the pressure by firing a veritable hailstorm of shots to follow up the ring's damage, and following that up with a use of the spellcard!
>You're pretty sure she can't handle much more of thi- Is she...laughing?! "I haven't had such a fight since the Witch and the Red-White came to stir up trouble! Ancient Fate Linked by Cedars!"
>After declaring her spellcard, a countless swarm of leaf-like danmaku begin orbiting around Kanako, almost to the point of obscuring her completely! Occasionally some will break off and head towards you, then re-adjust to get a better aim! But they only do this once per wave. It's not too bad, but you get the feeling that she's just getting warmed up for something bigger...

Mana Points: 4
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #741 on: April 08, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »
Metal cuts wood, no problem there.. I think
>"Lady Suwako, give me strength!"
>Spin around while destroying leafs with your metal ring.
>Throw ring like before, after it was charged with leafs from spinning and add your spellcard to the effect as well.
>Also use the Athletic Bandages to check for effect.
Don't know if we can afford attacking now, it might be possible to time out the spell card, rather that just going in for no reason, but She might not think we would do that...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:16:53 PM by Berzul »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #742 on: April 08, 2011, 07:56:21 PM »
> Was she facing us when she became obscured by the leaves?
> If so, get into a position behind her dodging any leafmaku that comes at us.  Maybe we can catch her off guard and hit her in the back.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #743 on: April 08, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
> If so, get into a position behind her dodging any leafmaku that comes at us.  Maybe we can catch her off guard and hit her in the back.
<<a countless swarm of leaf-like danmaku begin orbiting around Kanako>>
Coming near not that great, also
I am pretty sure that She is around the far end of the ring, since we have not moved since:
<<effort to knock Kanako into the pillar>>
Can't attack from the back if she is still standing in the same place...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #744 on: April 08, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »
<<a countless swarm of leaf-like danmaku begin orbiting around Kanako>>
Coming near not that great, also
I am pretty sure that She is around the far end of the ring, since we have not moved since:
<<effort to knock Kanako into the pillar>>
Can't attack from the back if she is still standing in the same place...
Ah...  I forgot about the pillar. :ohdear:

I thought she was in the middle of the ring again for some reason.

Guess all we can do right now is try throwing the ring at her again and dodging the leafmaku.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #745 on: April 09, 2011, 12:45:45 AM »
>If all else fails, Graze graze graze!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #746 on: April 09, 2011, 06:03:34 AM »
> Was she facing us when she became obscured by the leaves?
Metal cuts wood, no problem there.. I think
>"Lady Suwako, give me strength!"
>Spin around while destroying leafs with your metal ring.
>Throw ring like before, after it was charged with leafs from spinning and add your spellcard to the effect as well.
>Also use the Athletic Bandages to check for effect.
Don't know if we can afford attacking now, it might be possible to time out the spell card, rather that just going in for no reason, but She might not think we would do that...
>If all else fails, Graze graze graze!
>She was indeed facing you, but she's covered by the leafmaku, so there's no chance of getting behind her.
>You pray to Suwako for strength, eliciting a chuckle from her via the connection through the ring. "You do realize I lost the fight though right? But you might be able to pull it off. Gods don't give people things on a silver platter, they give them to those who can make their own path!"
>You spin around rapidly while holding the ring out, and it manages to defend you fairly well from the leafmaku! Once you feel you've hit top speed, you fling the ring at Kanako with all your might! But you're too dizzy to capitalize on it.
>It does however, punch right through the leafmaku and collide with Kanako, breaking the spellcard like last time! "Geh...Looks like I can't play around anymore...! Virtue of Wind God!"
>When she declares what is quite possibly her best spellcard, amulets appear from out of nowhere in a flower formation! Thankfully there's a delay on their appearance, so you manage to pull yourself together enough to try using the Athletic Bandages, and before you can react, they wrap themselves around your arms, hands, and fingers! But they've not tangled you up, for some reason they've wrapped themselves neatly around each individual finger.
>Item Equipped: Athletic Wrappings(Arm Equip) Phys. Damage Up
>But shortly after that, all the amulets spread out in chunks! You panic and slip through the minor gaps in the amulet spread, and for some reason, as each shot nicks you, you hear a faint clicking sound. How strange. You're also feeling a little stronger with each one.
>Oh, the ring's back in your hand again.

Your Status: 30% (Effect: Graze 30%)
Mana Points: 4

~Tutorial Corner: Grazing~
Like in Nameless Quest, Grazing is a means to make your attacks stronger.
But there's an upper limit to how much stronger it will get, dictated by Danmaku Mastery, Youkai Strength, and Youkai Fortitude.
So far you can only fire spellcards at Easy and Normal rank, later on you will be able to get up to Hard and Lunatic.
Currently you've only been firing at Easy Level, but once you've grazed more you can fire Normal Rank.
Using a Spellcard will expend all accumulated Graze though.

~Tutorial Corner: Equipment~
As you travel through Gensokyo, you'll find various objects you can use, such as those Wrappings.
Different items take different slots, the Wrappings can go on either the Arm or Leg Slots, but never both unless you can find another.
Different objects will affect how powerful or resilient you are.
The Wrappings have a dual effect, putting them on your Arms will increase damage dealt by Physical attacks, putting them on the Leg Slot increases your Speed.
Items meant for the Accessory Slot do various things, from improving your speed, to boosting damage with either attack type.
Weapons have various kinds, Divine Tools like the Froggy's Iron Ring are Danmaku-type weapons.
Gohei are Hybrid Weapons, they boost both Danmaku and Physical.
Tengu-Crafted are also Hybrid Types. But they lean more in one direction than the other.
Crow Tengu Weapons lean more towards Danmaku, Wolf Tengu Weapons lean towards Physical.
Objects that take up the Head slot are superficial at best, but they make Gensokyoans feel nice.
Objects on the Body slot are clothes or armors. But armors are generally just magically-enhanced clothes.
Sometimes you'll get new outfits as you go through Gensokyo.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #747 on: April 09, 2011, 06:18:56 AM »
>Cloud of danmaku~
>If possible, get up to 50% graze and fire a spellcard. If not, Fire a spellcard at the highest graze you can get to.
>If also possible, Spin at a slight less rate then you did before, throw the ring upwards, jump up and grab it, spin twice, and throw it. Just like a badass.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #748 on: April 09, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »
I think its a bit risky to use physical attacks since she's got all that danmaku at us so...

> Apply Athletic Wrappings to legs for a speed boost.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #749 on: April 09, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »
>"Not enough yet, Nya? I am going to die...?"
The tactic seems to work somehow.. however, the new tip gives me an idea.
General question, if you can use Atheistic bandages on leg slot then
>Try to throw the ring, that it would orbit around you. It can also be done via Castlevania/Ninja gained style, teither you jump or move to the side when the rings come at you, so it would keep the momentum and back at you, when you would dodge it again, enough to orbit around you.
>Change Atheistic bandages slot to legs. If possible...
>Change to cat to gain graze.
>After the ring goes back on to you, or we get enough graze, throw it at Kanako, boosting it up with your Danmaku and spellcard.
If all goes well...
>Pray for successes.