Author Topic: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)  (Read 148451 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)
« Reply #600 on: March 31, 2011, 08:14:43 PM »
hmm is it possible we can get some names on Shpell cards plssss~?
>Run around the stunned enemies in circles, that they hit each other, in cat form.
>After that, BAM Danmaku!
>Try to use that spellcard behind them.
>Daze them before using the spell, if possible.
>Don't forget to keep firing danmaku.
Nope, Spellcards are revealed as they activate~ Look forward to next unlock!
And Cat Form has no Danmaku command until you learn the right skill, which you don't have yet.
>You shift to Cat Form, and dash around the group of Kedama!
>Kedama A is Confused! Kedama B resists the Confusion! Kedama C Is Confused!
>Momiji cheers you on from the sidelines! "Great job, now finish 'em!"
>You hear her cheering, and are only too happy to oblige! You bounce off the Kedama, using them as springboards!
>From above you declare your new Spellcard!
~BGM: Burning Heart - First Card~
>The card activates and forms a Spell Circle Around you! The Spell Circle begins firing a barrage of Lasers and Arrowhead shots at the enemies!
>The Kedama are completely obscured by the cloud of dust caused by the attack! You land gracefully as the Spell Circle fades away.
>When the Dust clears, only one Kedama is left.
~BGM: Crimson Kedama~
>Kedama B is Angry! Kedama B changes colors! Kedama B has become a Red Kedama! Shit just got real.
>Red Kedama draws near! "Careful now! You should still be able to win, just use your speed and you can do it!"

~Boss Fight!~
~BGM: A Difficult Foe!~
Enemy Status
Red Kedama: ?

Your Status: 73%
Mana Points: 6
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:25:21 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
ohfuckohfuckohfuckOHFUCK

>Try to fire out a small curtain of Danmaku, And prep some energy for a lot of lasers.
>Make sure you have a spellcard in hand, to bomb it out in case.
>How do you know these terms? You seem more experienced then you should...
>"Miss Momiji, If I need help, will you come?"

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »
>Yes is it's just running at us, kite it with combination of cat dodge and Danmaku. (Kite as... general RPG term, that means keep distance and shot)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #603 on: March 31, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
> If it gets too close, kitty dash away to a safe distance and continue to attack in human form.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
ohfuckohfuckohfuckOHFUCK

>Try to fire out a small curtain of Danmaku, And prep some energy for a lot of lasers.
>Make sure you have a spellcard in hand, to bomb it out in case.
>How do you know these terms? You seem more experienced then you should...
>"Miss Momiji, If I need help, will you come?"
>Yes is it's just running at us, kite it with combination of cat dodge and Danmaku. (Kite as... general RPG term, that means keep distance and shot)
> If it gets too close, kitty dash away to a safe distance and continue to attack in human form.
>You respond to it by firing a small cloud of Danmaku towards it, and all the shots hit! ...But it doesn't seem affected in the least. So you prepare to fire some lasers!
>You've already got the only spellcard you have on hand!
>Red Kedama begins charging an Attack!
>You wonder how you know all these, maybe it's your Youkai Instincts?
>You ask Momiji if she'll come help when you need it, she says nothing but gives a swift nod.
>Red Kedama begins to emit sparks!
>You run around the Red Kedama while peppering it with shots every so often! A few of the shots make it stagger, but nothing else comes of it!
>Red Kedama dashes at you while firing a dense, spiraling cloud of diamond-shaped danmaku all over the place! You shift to cat form and escape most of the attack, but not without damage!
>So you retaliate by using your spellcard once again! Critical Hit!
>The Red Kedama staggers, it's been thrown off balance!

Enemy Status

Your Status: 40%
Mana Points: 4
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
HOLY SHITTING ASS MONSTERS DID THAT THING JUST TAKE OFF 33% OF OUR HEALTH

>That hurt. That hurt a lot. Owwie~
> Concentrate all your energy into this. Make lasers to the left, right, and above of the red thing. Fire a giant volley of danmaku right at it, and use your spellcard. Go in for a melee attack if its staggered/weak.
>If all else fails, kick it in the fact and leap away.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:17 PM »
Oh what ever... we did not run around, but keep distance, for something like this happening....
>By Thousands Nyans, the cat demands, to smite this foe, with colourful lights!
>Also make sure that it is dead by making a cage over him, in case it wants to do something else in near future.
>If all fails, run behind or on a tree, and use something to cover the Danmaku for us maybe...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
HOLY SHITTING ASS MONSTERS DID THAT THING JUST TAKE OFF 33% OF OUR HEALTH
>That hurt. That hurt a lot. Owwie~
> Concentrate all your energy into this. Make lasers to the left, right, and above of the red thing. Fire a giant volley of danmaku right at it, and use your spellcard. Go in for a melee attack if its staggered/weak.
>If all else fails, kick it in the fact and leap away.
Oh what ever... we did not run around, but keep distance, for something like this happening....
>By Thousands Nyans, the cat demands, to smite this foe, with colourful lights!
>Also make sure that it is dead by making a cage over him, in case it wants to do something else in near future.
>If all fails, run behind or on a tree, and use something to cover the Danmaku for us maybe...
It's a boss, what did you expect? Oh, by the way, that was just a glancing blow, not quite a graze, but not quite a direct hit either.
I told you bro. I told you about Red Kedama!
>You wince in pain, that attack hurt more than you thought it would...and that was just a glancing blow..?
>You retaliate by hemming it in with laser shots, and follow up with a barrage of diamond-shaped danmaku too!
>But the moment you get ready to declare the spellcard again, a green blur collides with the Red Kedama, sending it flying into a tree!
~BGM: Who Was That?!~
>Now that it's no-longer a blur, having landed in front of you. You see that it's...someone, wearing some kinda of green armor that looks vaguely insectoid.
>The strange person poses dramatically! "Ore, Sanjou!"
>Before you can react, the Red Kedama barrels back into combat, firing danmaku all over the place! But there's huge gaps in it's pattern, it's also looking pretty weakened.

~Battle Event!~
? ? ? has Joined the Fray!

Enemy Status

Guest Status
? ? ? Status: ?

Your Status: 40%
Mana Points: 4
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #608 on: March 31, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
> Keep an eye on greeny, but don't take him.
> If possible, move through the gaps in the danmaku towards the kedama to get close enough to fire off a couple point-blank lasers, but not close-enough that we wouldn't be able to dodge.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #609 on: March 31, 2011, 11:45:38 PM »
If we sit back and watch for a sec, Would we regain any health?
>If not, Join in the fray, but stay at a distance.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #610 on: March 31, 2011, 11:54:59 PM »
We totally had this not this cosplayer shows up... Damn I would kill her on sight but not on this power level.. we will get to this eventually right now.
>"Nya, Cosplay?"
>Make the Kedama dizzy again, by cat form daze method, After that, blow it up.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #611 on: April 01, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »
> Keep an eye on greeny, but don't take him.
> If possible, move through the gaps in the danmaku towards the kedama to get close enough to fire off a couple point-blank lasers, but not close-enough that we wouldn't be able to dodge.
If we sit back and watch for a sec, Would we regain any health?
>If not, Join in the fray, but stay at a distance.
We totally had this not this cosplayer shows up... Damn I would kill her on sight but not on this power level.. we will get to this eventually right now.
>"Nya, Cosplay?"
>Make the Kedama dizzy again, by cat form daze method, After that, blow it up.
You would, but it'd be much slower than out of combat, and this is a boss fight. do the math.
>You hang back some to keep an eye on the mystery armor person, but you get the feeling it wouldn't be a good idea to fight whoever this is right now.
>You manage to weave in and out of the gaps in the enemy's spread, and get close enough to fire a few point-blank laser shots!
>The Red Kedama is sent reeling! You quickly shift to Cat Form and run around the Red Kedama rapidly in a effort to confuse it!
>After confusing the Red kedama, you jump away and shift back to Normal Form to get ready to hit it with another barrage!
>But the armored person suddenly appears in front of you! "Allow me to assist in ending this!"
>The armored person fiddles with..their belt? And the belt starts talking?! "Final Attack Ride: W-Kick!"
~BGM: Green Meteor~
>The armored person crouches low, then springs into the air, leaving a trail of green light! Wow, that's pretty high up. But then the armored person comes crashing down into the Red Kedama with a glowing kick that creates a powerful shockwave!
>Red Kedama has taken critical damage! Red Kedama has fallen!
>You mention Cosplay confusedly, the armored person turns towards you. "It's not cosplay. I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, be sure to remember that."
>And before you can respond, the armored person flies off! Just who was that..?
>Momiji falls out of a tree nearby, looks like the shockwave from the kick knocked her out of it. "Oof! Oww.....Well, you managed to beat it huh? That attack it did was a bit too much for me...A Kamen Rider huh...maybe the Shrine would know more about it then, it seems like something from the Outside afterall."
>Momiji then notices, and goes to pick up something left behind by the Kedama. "Huh...I don't know what this is. It's some kinda...Metal Ring? But it's bigger than normal."
>Momiji walks over and hands it to you. "I don't really know what this is, but I get the feeling you should hold on to it."
>When you take the large ring from Momiji, you feel a slight Presence emanating from it for a brief moment.

~Item Get!~
Mysterious Iron Ring
The Red Kedama dropped this when you defeated it. It seems to have some strange power.

Enemy Status
Red Kedama(Boss): Defeat

Your Status: 40%, and recovering.
Mana Points: 4, and recovering slowly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:53:15 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #612 on: April 01, 2011, 01:53:42 AM »
>Hug Momiji.

>"That thing hurt me nyaaa!"

>Look at the ring we recently got. Does it seem safe to wear?

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #613 on: April 01, 2011, 02:02:27 AM »
Momiji falls out of a tree nearby
I would too...
>Remember the smell of that .. Person we have no idea who she is...
>Victory dance
>Hug Momisi
>Lick bruises
>"Nyaaaaaaaaa, how long yet to shrine? I don't know if I can hold another of this weird Cosplayer thing encounter"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #614 on: April 01, 2011, 02:23:56 AM »
>sniffle...
>"W-What's a 'Kamean Reeder' Miss Momiji?"
>"Waaah... it hurts..."

super kawaii desudesudesu operation is a go.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #615 on: April 01, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »
I would too...
>Remember the smell of that .. Person we have no idea who she is...
>Victory dance
>Hug Momisi
>Lick bruises
>"Nyaaaaaaaaa, how long yet to shrine? I don't know if I can hold another of this weird Cosplayer thing encounter"
>Hug Momiji.
>"That thing hurt me nyaaa!"
>Look at the ring we recently got. Does it seem safe to wear?
>sniffle...
>"W-What's a 'Kamean Reeder' Miss Momiji?"
>"Waaah... it hurts..."
super kawaii desudesudesu operation is a go.
>You manage to catch some of the armored person's scent before it fades completely, it smells like insects...Fireflies maybe?
>You do an impromptu victory dance! ...Which consists of little more than flapping your arms up and down.
>You hug Momiji, and she hugs you back. "I get the feeling if whoever that was hadn't shown up when they did, it would not have gone well for us."
>You disengage from the hug to lick your bruises in a decidedly catlike manner, Momiji chuckles a bit.
>You ask when you'll arrive at the Shrine. Momiji thinks for a moment, then points down the path. "The Tengu Village is just up this path, and from there it's a straight shot through to the Shrine."
>You mention that fighting the Kedamas hurt a lot. "Yeah...I never expected one of them to turn into a Red one...How's that supposed to work anyways? They don't normally do that...I'll have to report that to Lord Tenma after i get you to the Shrine." Momiji looks worried.
>It's not so much a ring as it is a giant metal hoop, you could probably wear it around your waist, but it might be a bit big for that even.
>You ask Momiji what a Kamen Rider is, but she just shrugs. "Don't really know, it's the first time I've seen it in person really. I've read and heard that lately some weirdo in armor's been going around saving people, Humans and Youkai alike. I guess it was that person, but there's no way a normal person could kick like that, they'd have to be a Youkai too."

Your Status: 50%
Mana Points: 5

~Skill Up!~
Youkai Fortitude: Rank E
Danmaku Mastery: Rank D

Potential Skill Up will be decided once all skills used have been reviewed. Skill Up has been decided!
I can't be that heartless and put you guys through a boss fight without a skill up now could I?
Also, a minor note, the other route would've had Chen coming to your rescue instead, and a MUCH harder boss fight.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:13:46 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #616 on: April 01, 2011, 03:30:00 AM »
>Does this iron ring go into our inventory like the items we already have, or does its large size mean that we have to carry it by hand?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #617 on: April 01, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »
>Does this iron ring go into our inventory like the items we already have, or does its large size mean that we have to carry it by hand?
>It is fairly large, but you may be able to loop it around one of your arms, like a coil of rope.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #618 on: April 01, 2011, 03:44:54 AM »
>Ask Momiji if she seen this ring before, before messing around with it.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #619 on: April 01, 2011, 03:47:48 AM »
>strangle self get game over. continue? warning, if you do, you cant save a replay.
>"It's pwetty..."
>Try to put it on your wrist
>"Nya, do I look cute?"
>does this make my butt look fat. and why is that man named kips having a giant nosebleed all over the place

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #620 on: April 01, 2011, 03:56:57 AM »
>Ask Momiji if she seen this ring before, before messing around with it.
>You ask Momiji if she's seen it before, she shakes her head. "I hear that one of the Goddesses up at the Shrine uses something like that, maybe she'd know more?"

>strangle self get game over. continue? warning, if you do, you cant save a replay.
>"It's pwetty..."
>Try to put it on your wrist
>"Nya, do I look cute?"
>does this make my butt look fat. and why is that man named kips having a giant nosebleed all over the place
>You mention that the Ring's pretty, and Momiji nods.
>You try to put it on your wrist, and surprisingly, it shrinks to fit!
>After trying to remove it, you note that it will come off if you will it to, and that it'll get big again when you do take it off.
Item Equipped: Mysterious Iron Ring
>You ask if you look cute, and Momiji chuckles. "Why don't you ask that fox? Or maybe Chen?"

>After a while of walking, you arrive at a large gate. Momiji flies up to what looks like a gatehouse, it looks like she's talking to whoever is inside.
~BGM: Village in The Sky~
>After a little bit, the gate opens to reveal a bustling village filled with Tengu of varying kinds going about their business hurriedly, Momiji lands next to you. "Welcome, to Tengu Village. This is where all the Tengu live, myself included. Heh, the Village that Never Sleeps...A more fitting name has never been devised for this place."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #621 on: April 01, 2011, 04:01:16 AM »
so wait the tengu village is the big apple? makes sense.

>"Pwuahhhh.... Its a really big place~"
>Put the ring back on. It's pwetty after all.
>"Should we look around for a bit, or should we go to Miss God's shrine? Its up to you, wise Miss Momiji!"
>Salute

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #622 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:28 AM »
so wait the tengu village is the big apple? makes sense.
>"Pwuahhhh.... Its a really big place~"
>Put the ring back on. It's pwetty after all.
>"Should we look around for a bit, or should we go to Miss God's shrine? Its up to you, wise Miss Momiji!"
>Salute
Pretty much man. :V
>You say that it's a really big place, and Momiji chuckles. "It's gotta be big to house all of Gensokyo's Tengu population. And since there's different kinds of Tengu, this place is always busy from sunup to sundown, and beyond. Sometimes instead of becoming a regular Youkai, there's the occasional animal that becomes a Tengu instead."
>You already have the ring equipped as a bracelet! :V
>You ask Momiji if you and her should head directly to the shrine, or wander around. Momiji shrugs. "Well, we need to get you to the Shrine, and I have to report the Kedama incident to Lord Tenma......Argh, this is giving me a headache...." Momiji holds her head with both hands as she tries to figure out what to do next.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #623 on: April 01, 2011, 05:06:24 AM »
We're a brave little kitty.
Do we have any way to restore our stamina as of now?
>"Miss Momiji, You go do what you have to. Just point me in the direction of the shrine please~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #624 on: April 01, 2011, 05:20:37 AM »
We're a brave little kitty.
Do we have any way to restore our stamina as of now?
>"Miss Momiji, You go do what you have to. Just point me in the direction of the shrine please~"
Yes, Yes you are.
Not just yet, try getting Youkai Fortitude to Rank C to "C" what happens~! *Hanzo laughs heartily at his own joke
>You tell Momiji that she can go do whatever she has to do, and ask her to point you towards the Shrine. But Momiji shakes her head. "It's not that easy, in order to be able to wander freely here, you need either a Tengu Passport, or an escort. Or you have to be a Tengu. And besides, it's real easy for newcomers to get lost in here, even I still get lost sometimes."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #625 on: April 01, 2011, 05:28:20 AM »
>"Maybe I can wait out here, while you do what you gotta do? I'm a patient girl, after all."

On a side note, It doesnt seem like anything interesting is going to happen until we get to the shrine, is that why you're only taking one persons voets instead of two?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #626 on: April 01, 2011, 05:49:59 AM »
>"Maybe I can wait out here, while you do what you gotta do? I'm a patient girl, after all."

On a side note, It doesnt seem like anything interesting is going to happen until we get to the shrine, is that why you're only taking one persons voets instead of two?
>You say that you can wait out here at the gate, while Momiji goes to do what she has to, and Momiji laughs. "Don't think it'd work. Then again, the folks at the shrine should be told about it too, seeing as how it might impact the ammount of folks that come to the Shrine for worship."
>Momiji gets a look of inspiration, and writes something down, then grabs a seemingly random Tengu passing by. She whispers something to the Tengu that makes him seem worried, while passing the Tengu whatever it was she wrote down. And the Tengu flies off towards a large, palace-like building off to the east.
>Momiji then turns to you. "It was a good thing that messenger was passing by, I had him deliver a message to Lord Tenma saying that the Kedama have been behaving strangely, and that we were attacked by a particularly strange one, and that I'll give him the full report when we get back. I expect he'll want to meet with you later on in order to get your side of the story, seeing as how you were the one it focused on attacking."
>After this little bit of discussion, you and Momiji proceed through the Tengu Village, with Momiji pointing out various locations and buildings. "That building there houses the Bunbunmaru, Aya's Newspaper. And that building right next to it is the Kakashi Nenpo, a rival newspaper to the Bunbunmaru. And over there is the Quill & Ink, a popular....uh, 'tavern'....But you're quite a bit too young to go in there just yet, and we'll leave it at that. And that big building off to the east, above the skyline? That's the Great Tengu Palace, Lord Tenma does all his work there, he also lives there. He's pretty much the leader of all the Tengu."

Why am I only taking one person's commands?
Well, let's face it. You're the only person inputting commands right now.
That and of all the "regulars", you're the only one logged-in/awake.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #627 on: April 01, 2011, 06:04:19 AM »
>A newspaper? Seems pretty cool.
>"Nya, who works for Miss Aya? She seems like a pretty cool person. Runs a newspaper, has a cool name, and is a tengu. And she must be so good that she has her own rival too!"
>Well, Follow Momiji's lead.

Also, I cant go to bed because stomach cramps and I cannot sleep because of them.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #628 on: April 01, 2011, 06:19:31 AM »
>A newspaper? Seems pretty cool.
>"Nya, who works for Miss Aya? She seems like a pretty cool person. Runs a newspaper, has a cool name, and is a tengu. And she must be so good that she has her own rival too!"
>Well, Follow Momiji's lead.

Also, I cant go to bed because stomach cramps and I cannot sleep because of them.
>A newspaper huh? Might be interesting you think.
>You ask Momiji who works for Aya, among other questions. "Who works for her? Hah, she does everything herself. From gathering information, to editing, to publishing, to taking pictures for it, even delivering them. And I wouldn't say she's that good, only reason why she even has a rival is because she's got the highest delivery rate of all the newspaper companies here, and Hatate, the one who runs the Kakashi Nenpo, wants to take that rank for herself. They're really not all that different as far as one-man newspaper services go. Aya actually got in trouble with the Enma a while back, it wasn't pretty. And the way Hatate's going about things these days, I'd say she's headed for the same damn run-in."
>You continue walking with Momiji until you pass by a somewhat worn-looking hut. "Oh, and this here's my place, want to come in for some lunch to recover from the fight earlier? I have some Tea too, if that's all you feel like having."

Ugh, stomach cramps, those are never fun.
Try drinking this mix I'll list, it might help.
Take a cup of water, and mix it with a tablespoon of plain vinegar, and add sugar to taste.
May not taste particularly nice, but it helps. Old family cure for most stomach-based issues.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:22:32 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #629 on: April 01, 2011, 06:21:34 AM »
> Nod
> WE ARE TOO TIRED FOR WORDS and too moe