Author Topic: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)  (Read 148442 times)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure! (The Adventure Begins!)
« Reply #540 on: March 27, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
>It's soft and cuddly...
>Wait, What are we thinking, we're a good nekomata!
>"N-Nyaaaa!"
>push away (in an adorable fashion)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #541 on: March 27, 2011, 06:12:38 PM »
OK.... still proceed with the plan then.... I will take a note of that in future though...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #542 on: March 27, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
>It's soft and cuddly...
>Wait, What are we thinking, we're a good nekomata!
>"N-Nyaaaa!"
>push away (in an adorable fashion)
>"Why do people slap their face when I say something so often nya!?'
>"Anya?"
>Take a look at Chen when we're back at her. "W-Why did you push me to the dog!?"
>It was pretty soft...
>Wait, what just happened anyways?
>You flip the freaky-freak out, inadvertently pulling a Lily and spraying danmaku everywhere. Everyone facepalms, as usual.
>You were already pushed away by Momiji, derp.
>After calming down you ask why everyone facepalms when you say something. "It's because sometimes there are no words to describe some of the things you get up to~"
>You headtilt adorably while making a small noise of confusion, Chen just giggles.
>You then look over at Chen and ask her why she pushed you to Momiji. "You needed to get over your fear. And besides, it was funny!" Chen just grins like a loon as she says the last part.

OK.... still proceed with the plan then.... I will take a note of that in future though...
No need to lack confidence bro, just go with the flow! 8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:40:03 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #543 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
>"I-I'm not afraid! I was just shocked... that's all..."
>CUTENESS OVERLOAD ACTIVATEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #544 on: March 27, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
>No need to go overload with the cuteness.

>"Who is Anya?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #545 on: March 27, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
> Deep breaths.  Gotta settle ourselves.
> Look around.
> "N-nya....  So much to take in..."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #546 on: March 27, 2011, 07:57:47 PM »
>"I-I'm not afraid! I was just shocked... that's all..."
>CUTENESS OVERLOAD ACTIVATEEEEEEEEEEEE
>No need to go overload with the cuteness.
>"Who is Anya?"
>You mention that were just shocked. Chen giggles like a loon, as she's been doing for a while now.
>You wonder if you should go overboard with the cuteness, but then you remember what happened with Rumia, and decide against it, as you don't know what it would do to Nitori or Momiji.
(Anya was the little sound you made, it's basically another way of saying Nya, albeit puzzeledly.)

> Deep breaths.  Gotta settle ourselves.
> Look around.
> "N-nya....  So much to take in..."
>You take a few calming breaths, and it manages to calm you down a little bit, but your heart is still racing from the 'incident'.
>You look around and see a lot of Tengu going about their business, Upon closer inspection, you see a lot of Tengu like Momiji doing what seems to to be standing guard, or just flying around looking for something. The other Tengu are either lounging around, or chattering amongst themselves.
>Some of the various tengu are sitting at tables playing some kind of game. Upon even closer examination, you see a few people dressed like Nitori mixed in with them, they seem to be winning more often than the Tengu.
>You mention that there's so much to take in, and before you realize it, Momiji's standing right next to you. "If you think this is a lot, then just wait until you see the Tengu Village, and the Moriya Shrine. Those places are even busier than here."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #547 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
>Jump back
>"N-Nya! Dont sneak up on me like that...."
Yayyyy for shyness.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #548 on: March 27, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
Sorry, I wanted to make our nekomata to say Aya, but added the 'nya' to the end instead of 'ya'

>"...There aren't dogs in the village, right? Right?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #549 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:33 PM »
>Jump back
>"N-Nya! Dont sneak up on me like that...."
Yayyyy for shyness.
>You jump back in surprise! And ask Momiji to not scare you like that, she seems kinda embarrassed when you look at her. "Oh, uh..sorry."

Sorry, I wanted to make our nekomata to say Aya, but added the 'nya' to the end instead of 'ya'
>"...There aren't dogs in the village, right? Right?"
Ah, my mistake. Still getting the hang of parsing, even after 19-something pages.
>You ask if there are any dogs in the tengu village, Momiji seems to be thinking about that. "Don't think so, aside from the other Wolf Tengu. Some of them are a bit dog-ish though, but they're still kinda new to things too."
>Meanwhile, Nitori has joined the group of Tengu playing that weird game, and she seems to be beating them quite handily.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #550 on: March 27, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »
>"...Can I trust you to protect me, nyaa?"

>Cute face toward Momisi, we need all protection we can get against them dogs!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #551 on: March 27, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »
>"You arent a dog... So I guess your okay..."
> MOMIJI EQUIPPED. PLUS TEN DEFENSE.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #552 on: March 28, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »
Still... the pressing matter is this
>Whisper to Chen
>"Chien-Shama, Momisi-Shama is not the only one that knows how to fly right? Nya, I bet you can teach me flight too~"
On another front
>What is this weird game, that is so popular? Try looking into it.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #553 on: March 28, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »
Bump.
>Gain skill: Bumping Powers: Rank E
"You can apparently 'bump' things. You dont know what it means though."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #554 on: March 29, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »
>"You aren't a dog... So I guess you're okay..."
> MOMIJI EQUIPPED. PLUS TEN DEFENSE.
>"...Can I trust you to protect me, nyaa?"
>Cute face toward Momisi, we need all protection we can get against them dogs!
>You mention that she might be okay, since she's not a dog, and you ask her if you can trust her to protect you. "I'll do what I can."
>You stare at Momiji adorably, and she just smiles right back, and what's this? She's handed you another one of those cards!
>"I don't really need this, since I have all the spellcards I need. It should help you out here in Gensokyo, most youkai tend to have at least four spellcards."
Item Get!: Blank Spellcard(1)
Your Spellcard total has increased by 1!

Still... the pressing matter is this
>Whisper to Chen
>"Chien-Shama, Momisi-Shama is not the only one that knows how to fly right? Nya, I bet you can teach me flight too~"
On another front
>What is this weird game, that is so popular? Try looking into it.
>You wander over to Chen quite pleased with your new acquisition, and whisper to her in asking if Momiji's not the only one who can teach you how to fly.
>"I probably could, but the Tengu are a lot better at flying than almost anyone in Gensokyo, except for Miss Hakurei maybe...But she's not all that pleasant at the moment, she's been quite a bit grouchy lately."
>After having been told this by Chen, you wander over to all the tables where the Tengu and people dressed like Nitori are playing that weird game. Nitori notices you, and motions for you to come over to where she's sitting.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:40 PM »
>Have a seat at the table

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #556 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »
>After having been told this by Chen, you wander over to all the tables where the Tengu and people dressed like Nitori are playing that weird game. Nitori notices you, and motions for you to come over to where she's sitting.
Well associating the word Kappa with race would probably be those "dressed like Nitori people", means that we can probably just call them Kappa from now on...
>Call "dressed like Nitori people" Kappa from now on.
>Proceed to Nitori, "Yes Miss Nitori-Shama? It wasn't my fault that..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #557 on: March 29, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
Well associating the word Kappa with race would probably be those "dressed like Nitori people", means that we can probably just call them Kappa from now on...
>Call "dressed like Nitori people" Kappa from now on.
>Proceed to Nitori, "Yes Miss Nitori-Shama? It wasn't my fault that..."
>Have a seat at the table
>Maybe the people dressed like Nitori are Kappa too? You'll have to remember to ask Nitori that sometime.
>You make you way to where Nitori and a Tengu with twintails even longer than yours are sitting, when you look at the table you see lots of strange little pieces on the table, and more than a few off to the side near where Nitori is sitting.
>You try to ask Nitori something, but she holds up a hand, and then moves one of the pieces. "And that's game Himekaidou, fork over the bet." The tengu passes Nitori a few coins and then shakes her hand, and walks off without much said. Though she seemed kinda sad that she lost.
>"Man....That was the last of my paycheck...." But before you can ask her anything, she's gone in a flash, already flying into the distance.
>Nitori then turns back to you. "Now, what were you going to say again kiddo?"
>However, you've forgotten what you were going to say, so you just headtilt puzzledly and sit down at a free seat at the table.

>_
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
>"Nyathing Miss Nitori-Shama"
>"Let's go something else, this is boring.. Nyaaaaaaa *yawn*"
>"Paycheck-Shama is sure more interesting Nya. *nod* Look how fast she flies! I wanna fly as fast as she is Nya!"

« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »
>"Is Himekaidou-sama really a princess?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
>"Nyathing Miss Nitori-Shama"
>"Let's go something else, this is boring.. Nyaaaaaaa *yawn*"
>"Paycheck-Shama is sure more interesting Nya. *nod* Look how fast she flies! I wanna fly as fast as she is Nya!"
>You say that it's nothing, Nitori just looks at you oddly. She's probably wondering what you were trying to say.
>You say that you and Nitori should go do something else, since it's kinda boring, you even yawn a bit...But wait, where's Momiji?
>You mention that 'paycheck', or whatever her name is, is more interesting than sitting around, and how she flies really fast! Nitori just chuckles.
>"Remember how back on the Airship that I told you that there were only two people crazy enough to go into the Garden of The Sun without much reason? She's one of them, Hatate Himekaidou. Usually she doesn't set foot outside of her house if she wants to get info on incidents and stuff, but lately she's been going out more often, like normal Tengu."

>"Is Himekaidou-sama really a princess?"
>You ask if Hatate's a princess, but Nitori just busts out laughing. "Her? A princess? Kiddo, you've got a knack for comedy. She's no more a princess than you or I are, which is to say that she isn't."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #561 on: March 29, 2011, 09:02:28 PM »
>"When do I learn how to fly~?" Flap arms again.

>Stare at Hatate.

>...Pounce and hug her in sign of a greetings!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #562 on: March 29, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
Well that is when you leave your kids alone for some reason... Where is Chen?
>"Nyaaaaa, Miss Nitori-shama, you wanted to talk about something?"
>"What is up with those metal things everyone is having around? They seem to acknowledge one's status, consequently setting up for interaction and regulations by the ones with most power. Wouldn't it be more fair to give everyone the same amount, not relaying on some random factors such as games, which can be exploit by the ones knowing the rules behind it?"
>Also look for Chen, also ask Chen or Nitori-Shama about why does Momiji is the best candidate to teach us flying, since they both probably could explain us how to...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #563 on: March 29, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »
> "Nitori-shama, are those people that're dressed like you Kappa too, nya?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #564 on: March 29, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
>"When do I learn how to fly~?" Flap arms again.
>Stare at Hatate.
>...Pounce and hug her in sign of a greetings!
>You ask when you'll learn how to fly, along with flapping your arms for emphasis, and Nitori chuckles. "The Leader of the Tengu, Lord Tenma, might be able to help you with that a lot easier than most of the others, There's also that Wind Goddess up at the peak, but she might have a bit too large of a presence for you kiddo."
>Then a look of realization dawns on Nitori. "You've probably had a bit of experience with this, but different Youkai, and Divine Beings, as well as some powerful Humans, have a 'Presence'. It's kind of this invisible outward manifestation of their power, Yukari's is one of the largest ones. But according to Chen, you grew up with that presence around, so it's not quite as hard-hitting for you. Your presence is barely even a blip on the radar of most, I can barely even feel it myself, and you're right in front of me." Nitori pokes your nose for emphasis, causing you to sneeze rather cutely.
>You would do these things, but Hatate's long gone!

Well that is when you leave your kids alone for some reason... Where is Chen?
>"Nyaaaaa, Miss Nitori-shama, you wanted to talk about something?"
>"What is up with those metal things everyone is having around? They seem to acknowledge one's status, consequently setting up for interaction and regulations by the ones with most power. Wouldn't it be more fair to give everyone the same amount, not relaying on some random factors such as games, which can be exploit by the ones knowing the rules behind it?"
>Also look for Chen, also ask Chen or Nitori-Shama about why does Momiji is the best candidate to teach us flying, since they both probably could explain us how to...
She's wandering around, as young ones are oft to.
>You ask Nitori if she wanted to talk about something, she shakes her head. "I think I've covered just about everything I wanted to tell you for now, here, take this and come visit my &@^$#% workshop when you want, maybe you'll find something useful." Nitori hands you a large piece of folded paper, you unfold it to find a map of the Youkai Mountain!
~Item Get!: Mountain Map~
This is a simple map of the Youkai Mountain, simple enough that even you can read it. It marks such important places as the Shrine at the peak, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, and the Outpost!
>You look around for Chen, but you only spot Momiji sitting in a secluded area of the outpost under a tree with a small basket nearby, she looks like she's having lunch.
>You ask Nitori why Momiji is the best person to teach you flight, and Nitori facepalms, looks back up to you, and facepalms yet again. "I thought I explained things to you already, I didn't just mean the fuzzball, there's more Tengu than just her."

> "Nitori-shama, are those people that're dressed like you Kappa too, nya?"
>You ask Nitori if all the people dressed like her are Kappa too, and she nods. "Most Kappa tend to wear outfits like these, on accounts of how practical they are. Most Kappa are Engineers, Technicians, Inventors, or Repairers. I fall under the Inventor type, but I'm also an Engineer."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #565 on: March 29, 2011, 11:14:28 PM »
>"Presence Nya? How do you check a 'Presence'?

>"I'll visit you whenever I get a chance! Nya!"

>"...What's a workshop."

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
>"Thank you for the map miss Nitori-Shama! Nya, can I call you Nitori-Shama from now? *Cute eyes stare*"
>"I am sorry, Nyan, but I must go now. Bye bye, Nitori-Shama! Thank you very much for your help! *Bow down your head*"
>Also search for Chen, or just scan for her presence.
>Also can we sense anyone's presence, like Nitori-Shama can?
>Also check if Momisi is slacking under the tree, and and ask her about paycheck/Hatate-Shama.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #567 on: March 30, 2011, 12:10:31 AM »
>"Presence Nya? How do you check a 'Presence'?
>"I'll visit you whenever I get a chance! Nya!"
>"...What's a workshop."
>You ask Nitori how to check a Presence. "You don't really need to do anything special, you just can, it's always active. I suppose if you concentrated on a particular one you could use it to find someone."
>You tell Nitori cheerfully that you'll visit when you get the chance, Nitori smiles.
>And you ask her what a workshop is, and she foreheadpalms. "A workshop is where most kappa both live, and do most of their work, like designing new machines and stuff."

>"Thank you for the map miss Nitori-Shama! Nya, can I call you Nitori-Shama from now? *Cute eyes stare*"
>"I am sorry, Nyan, but I must go now. Bye bye, Nitori-Shama! Thank you very much for your help! *Bow down your head*"
>Also search for Chen, or just scan for her presence.
>Also can we sense anyone's presence, like Nitori-Shama can?
>Also check if Momisi is slacking under the tree, and and ask her about paycheck/Hatate-Shama.
>You thank Nitori for the map, among mentioning other things, and look at her cutely too. "Nah, don't worry about it kiddo. The way I see it, you'll be needing that if you're gonna be here on the Mountain. And just Nitori is fine, all my friends call me that. Though there's this one ocean ghost who insists on calling me Kapp'n, but she's a little weird. If you want to find her yourself, then your best bet is heading to the Human Village, but it's way too far for you to walk right now."
>You tell Nitori that you've got to go, and you bow politely after telling her this. She nods in understanding. "No worries, I'll probably still be around here playing Shogi with the other Tengu and Kappa. I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself." Nitori looks quite proud aafter saying that last part.
>You try to search in depth for Chen's Presence, but you get nothing. So you wander around the Outpost for a bit.
>You already can, but you can't quite focus on individual presences just yet, you probably have to get better at it.
~Skill List Updated!~
Sense Presence ~ Novice
"(Insert underused DBZ Quote here)"
This passive skill is always on, it allows you to sense the presence of other Youkai, Humans, and Divine Beings, as well as Gauge their power in relation to your own.
>After some uneventful wandering, you find yourself under the same tree you saw Momiji under earlier, smells like she was having lunch afterall. "Oh, hey Hibachi. I just got done having lunch."
>You ask her about Hatate. "Hatate? Oh, you mean that one Tengu Nitori just beat. Yeah, she's a Reporter like Aya. Almost as crazy too. Both of them head out to the Garden of The Sun for no reasons in particular, despite Lord Tenma telling them to not go unless they have to. Oh, Lord Tenma's the boss of all us Tengu, I heard he used to be a real livewire in his youth, maybe he can help you learn to fly? But it might be hard getting an audience with him...And that Wind Goddess at the peak isn't that easy to hang around with, too overinflated of an ego for my tastes. And her Shrine Maiden isn't much better, too excitable about incidents, always has her head in the clouds. Now that frog goddess up there at the same shrine, she's a different one, I don't know much about her, or what to say about her other than she's known as the Frog Queen in some circles."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2011, 01:13:48 AM »
>Too much information from Momisi, *brain overload*.
>"Can you teach me how to fly as fast as Paycheck-Shama? I mean... Ha-ta-te-Shama."
>"Shogi, Nya Momisi-Shama, Why people play this game? It's sooo confusing, Nya."
>"Are Shrine maiden Tengu, Nya?"
>"A reporter, Nya? Is that someone that flies a lot? *smile in excitement*"
>"Why it might be hard getting an audience with ...."
Momisi seems to... be too informative Nya..... Lord Tenma might be both sexes, no official info that I am aware of... even a quick glance at fanart... I don't know even... You can't worry about common sense in Gensokyo, right?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #569 on: March 30, 2011, 06:43:16 AM »
>You supress the urge to cry out a bit, even though you have a splitting headache.
>"Nyaaa~. Where did Chen-shama go tooooo~?"