Author Topic: Suika Fortress - Year 11: Game has come to an end  (Read 84362 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry

Furtively, Purvis peeked into the craftsman shop she had been using, until the new arrival had grabbed her by the horns and flung her out. The fey-taken Suika drooled happily over two pieces of alunite and a rhyolite she had claimed. For now, she seemed sated. Then, suddenly, she grabbed the the rhyolite and began to bash it against the other pieces of rock. Construction had begun!

With a giggle, the fey-taken Craftsuika displayed her work. All the gathered Suikas marveled at it: Toeclears the Unwelcome Shin; a rhyolite mini-forge! All craftsSuikaship was of the highest quality; bands of alunite encircled it, and inlaid into it were images of clouds in Alunite.

Purvis could only stare it, dumbfounded, as it mocked her. In one fell swoop, this nobody, this...this boozehound had outshone every bit of stonecrafting she had ever done!? It was too much! How could anyone be this good? How could a master had slipped under her nose? Everyone looked to Purvis, eager to hear their slavedriver's leader's words. She cleared her throat, then spoke.

"I will devour your brains!"

It took three of the newly-made wrestlers to hold her back.

Later, she considered a new plan, as she spoke with Jan-san. "I will make this person the sheriff," she declares. "This is the correct honor."

"You are a stinking drunk!" declared Jan-san. "This Suika, she crafts wonders! She will make us wealthy and fat and happy and full of praerie oysters!"

Purvis' eyebrow ticked. "Shut up! Shut your mouth! I will do as necessary!"  But she could not deny that logic. Could she really set aside her own pride as a craftsSuika for the good of the fortress? "Maybe I consider your booze-addled words. Who was that, anyways?"

(This Suika needs a name, badly.)

Purvis looked in on the four wrestlers, who had been at it pretty much nonstop since she gave the order. It was rather impressive to watch one pull off three full circle moves in a row. Truly, they had the mark of greatness in them.

"There is problem!" cries Xan from behind, causing a mighty jump from Purvis. "The walls you have made! They block off the places past the gorge!"

"Who cares?" says Purvis. "Build some bridges if you want to go there that badly."

"See if I don't!" Xan says with a terrible gesture as she departs.

Purvis then goes back to watching the wrestles. "They have become death," she mutters. "And champions..."

"It is the humans!" cries Totaku.

"Get the toys, get the toys, go go go! We must be ready this time!" Purvis shouts, running to her newly-made office to be ready for the representative. "Buy the leather, the chenkkuris are too cute to butcher!"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:34:26 PM by Purjewry »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Sup'.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Sup'.

(Done)

"We have meat! And more of the fish! Someone cook all this! Now!" cries Purvis as the humans make their way out. "And not only this, we have leather for use of the wrestlers!"

"Do the wrestlers need the leather?" asks Jan-san. "They do okay without it, it is seeming."

"Shut up! You are blitzed!" cries Purvis. "Not only this, we have a couple barrels of the fisher berry wine, and while it locks like we're getting no coming to live here of this summer..."

She then notices one of the newly arrived masons slinks into the workshop, and promptly tosses the Suika making doors there out by the horns. "Ah crapping!" declares Purvis, "She withdrew from society!"

"At least she got the things she needs," says Serpentarius.

"Is too early in the day for this..." mutters Purvis. Then she takes Serpantarius. "I am needing time with special people. Want to go trying some shad roast?"

Over lunch, the human representative approaches Purvis. "There you are of being!" exclaims the representative. "I have been looking for you for month!"

"I am trying to eat food and talk with lover!" says Purvis, scowling at the human.

"Is good, is good," says the human. "This will be quick. What do you want us to bring."

"Rat weeds!" says Purvis, "For brewing of sewer! And some milk, for the cooking. Now get out here! I'm trying to make score!"

"The mason has finished!" chimes in Rika as she enters the spot left void by the departing human representative. "It is called Riskedburst, a cabinet of the best Rhyolite! It even has history event on it in sailfin molly bone! Bone I say!"

"I am trying to eat!" shouts Purvis, "Put it in my room and go away!"

"So," says the human representative, ambushing Purvis outside his room after a marathon of cabinet admiring, "In exchange for that, we want much of plants, earrings, and cut gems!"

"You will take our toys, and you will be of liking it!" Purvis shouted. "This is Beer Axe! We sell the toys, we wear the earrings, we brew the plants, and we throw the gems at each other with much merrymaking! You are a drunk!"

Going to the craftsSuika shop, Purvis is disappointed to find the newly appointed sheriff Zengar there, working on a puzzle box of such wonderful complexity that she could never hope to match it. Her heart breaks, she had hoped this would never happen again. "Sheriff," she says carefully. "Why are you not out doing the sheriffing?"

"Because," said Zengar affiably, before beginning work on a toy axe of beauteous intricacy.

"AAAAGH! I am needing three drinks and Serpentarius now!" shouts Purvis, arms waving in frustration.

"We need more fields being above ground!" cries Serpentarius.

"You may make the fields!" Purvis replies.

Altrevir speaks up "But the walls need to being expanded!"

Suika grips her horns in frustration. "Then expand the walls! You...you...double boozer!"

Altervir gasps. "What!"

"Go!" cries Purvis, "Make with the walldoing!"

"But we have already make started building!"

"Aieee!" comes a cry from Ramis, "It is Momizikkuri thief! We are doomed!"

"Smite it!" shouts Purvis.

"I am busy of running!" Ramis replies.

Purvis tears at her hair. "You are in army now, make smiting on it!"

"I need my axe!" Cries Ramis

"I don't care!" shouts Purvis.

"Okay I beat it," Ramis answers.

"The motherland caravan comes!" cries Rika.

"AAAAAAGH! The lushes! Why do they come now!? Get the stuff! Haul Totaku out of my room, tell him to stop eying mine cabinet!"

"I found another momijikkuri!" says one of the newer citizens.

Purvis grabs her horns again. "You are in army for the minute, make splattings of it! Do it now!"

"I found another one, but it ran away," says Ramis.

"AAAAAGH!"

"We bought the meat and the metals," chimes in Totaku.

Purvis sighs. Finally something had gone right. "Good! Get to the lavish feastings!"

"We are running out of barrels for the brewing!" says a migrant.

"Shut up! Be making more! Do it now! And make sunshine! We need much plantings!"

"I got a new chenkkuri!" says Jan-san, "Life is go-ARAGHARGAHRAGHRARGAHRARGHARGAHRGABLE!"

"Fey Mood!" cries Purvis, as Jan-san pitches a Suika making barrels from her shop by the horns, "Make runs for the hills now!"

"He's not gathering things!" Sobs Rika.

"ARGHARAGHRAGRHWOODWOODWOODWOODWOODSHELLSBLECHBLORPBLORP" Opines Jan-san.

"Oh, this one's easy, go make hitting of trees," says Purvis with a sigh. "Be reminding me to yell at motherland for turtles."

"They just make lefting," says Serpentarius.

"AAAAGH! Those lushes!"

"I made a chair!" cries Jan-san, brandishing an oaken chair named menacing with spikes of chestnut and turtle shell. On it was the image of a sun berry in oak, and a scene of leadership ascension from long ago in chestnut. "Now I am much awesomes!"

"Put it in my office," Purvis says. "Now make awesomes barrels!"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:49:00 PM by Purjewry »

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 2: Summer: Jan-san makes an awesome chair
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2009, 03:10:14 AM »
Question: do you use the  Alpha version or full version?
How do you exit game?
HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS GMAE!?

this game is sooo confusing. i'm not sure what i'm trying to do....
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »

Winter had come. Things were going smoothly, even calmly. Purvis had settled down into a lovely routine of toymaking, bossing the others around, and periodic rendezvous with Serpentarius. There was even a lovely project to improve the quality of the dining room in action!

Then one day, she is approached by Zengar. "Ah, I am having of the news."

"It's not those drunked Parsekkuri, is it better not being?" says Purvis.

"Not quitings," says Zengar.

"What then"

"It is involve the forest," Zengar runs one hand over another.

Purvis frowns. "Make the spittings of out, already!"

"It is a little bit on fire."

Purvis grabs her horns, as she looks. "So it is."

Zengar nods. "Much yes."

Purvis shrugs, whilst still grasping her horns in dismay. "Nothing we can do about that. Maybe send champions to make beatings up of the fire imps?"

"Can they doing that? Are fire imps much hotness?"

"We'll be making much findings out!"

"Well they made smitings of the imps," says Zengar with a nod. "One get a wound."

Purvis nods. "Let's getting built a wall so they don't come out again."

Zengar nods again. "Hey, can I get an office for much sheriffings?"

"Shut up! When there is making time!"

"Is been much months!"

"Fine! Now grab those imp bones! There's good things to be done with them."

"Two of the champions just caught burning and died," says Rika.

Purvis grabs her horns. "What! Those boozehounds! I would kill them if they weren't being dead! Fine! Make the caskets! Put them in good place! How they caught burnings anywhen?"

Rika shrugs. "Maybe it fire snake?"

"Crikings! Keep them from the booze!"

Then Serpantarius walks by. "Must...making...the artifact..."

"Nooo! Not much precious Serpentarius! AAAAGH!"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:18:33 PM by Purjewry »

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »
Question: do you use the  Alpha version or full version?
How do you exit game?
HOW DO YOU PLAY THIS GMAE!?

this game is sooo confusing. i'm not sure what i'm trying to do....

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Your_first_fortress

Be enlightened!  But really, you want to play a few fortresses before doing this relay.  I'm still worried about destroying it when it gets around to me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »
Purvis sighed with relief as she watched Serpentarius begin her construction in a Ccraftssuika shop she had taken over. The year had been so stressful as it was, to lose the one who had stolen her heart, it would be too much.

"The butcher shop is making of fire," says Rika as she sidles up behind Purvis.

"What!"

"It's such fire imp fat, it is of burning," says Rika.

"Huh," says Purvis.

"I made a bracelet!" says Serpentarius, as she emerges, displaying an alunite bracelet encicled with bands of alunite, hanging rings of aulnite, and menacing with spikes of rope reed."

"Is much good I bought the cloth from the Parsekkuris," says Purvis approvingly.

Then there is a tap on her shoulder.

Welp! My time's up. And we mostly didn't die. Uploading the save now for whomever is next.

Let's summarize this round:

Things I have done:
-Made an outdoor refuse pile, to cut miasma.
-Set the indoor refuse piles for bones, skulls, and shells only.
-Made, then expanded, a walled outdoor garden.
-Set up and kinda equipped a basic defense force (they got leather and shields, so they can at least train armor and shield skills), then got half of it killed in a patrolling accident.
-Set up, and then smoothed a dining room.
-Set up beds for new people; did not designate the rooms
-Got a some leather and some cloth for future use; it has already been used for an artifact.
-Started and 3/5ths completed a wall around the lava pit after the forest fire.
-Added a number of traps to the entrance.

Things that need to be done
-Finish the lava pit wall. It should handle itself, but make sure no Suikas get trapped. (may need to use remove construction to save them.)
-Get Zengar all the stuff he needs for his job (no office or dining room yet, still needs several pieces in the bedroom)
-Bury the dwarves who died; they are in a graveyard. I have coffins queued up, but not ready to go yet.
-Engrave the dining room.
-Expand the outdoor gardens again, and get those sun berries growing.
-Wall off the booze and food stores, and put a pet-sealed double door there so that fire snakes cannot get in.
-Put out that butcher shop fire; I set the shop to be taken apart, but I honestly don't know if that will help.
-Get some turtles or cave lobsters or something with a shell. We have no shells and artifact crafters like shells. We need shells in reserve.

Things I did you may want to change.
-I set all plants not to be cooked; so we wouldn't lose the seeds
-I set alcohol not to be cooked; we drink it =[
-I have suikas gathering refuse that is outside; so we get the bones of things that died outside the fortress for future use (bones and shells in stockpiles do not decay). Turn that shit off if we get invaded!

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2009, 11:23:50 AM »
Confirming that I've received the file.  The Spring update is about half done.  I'll have it up tomorrow night.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
-Put out that butcher shop fire; I set the shop to be taken apart, but I honestly don't know if that will help.

As far as I know Imp Fat is rather problematic. Mainly because no matter what you try to do with it. It'll constantly burn. The only way to truely put out the imp fat fire is  to trigger a cave in and crush the fat.

Good luck to you serp as it looks like you got alot of responsibilty to deal with. XD
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
As far as I know Imp Fat is rather problematic. Mainly because no matter what you try to do with it. It'll constantly burn. The only way to truely put out the imp fat fire is  to trigger a cave in and crush the fat.

Awesome!

We could try to flood the butcher shop! =]

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
Just bottle the stuff and trade off to the elves.  We're bound to burn down a few trees then.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Elves don't take bits of living things. Give it to the humies instead.

Nachtwanderlied

fire imp fat makes for a delicious meal. process into tallow and yum yum yum

also i think elves will take animal byproducts

it's wood they hate

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
They do not take meat, fat, skin, or wood.

Serp

Treasurer's log, First of Granite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Spring

On the dawn of the new year, I was offered a generous proposition by our current leader, Purvis.  In a gesture of respect and faith in my abilities, she offered me supervision and discretionary authority over the expansion and maintenance of our fine fortress, Beer Axe.  I have accepted, naturally, and now my chronicle will include not only the raw numbers of supplies and crafts consumed and produced by the fortress, but also a narrative of the trials and tribulations which this fortress shall overcome under my humble guidance.  May this record shine as a beacon into the future, so that historians many years from now shall know of the glorious feats their foremothers performed in paving the path for Suikan civilization!

Serp sat alone in her office, updating the stockpile records.  A knock on the door broke the silence.  Probably Purvis again, Serp thought to herself, Maybe she'll go away if she thinks I'm not here.  More knocking, and this time, Purvis's voice rang out too.  "Lover~!  Please opening this door you are!"  Serp sighed and stood up, then opened the door just in time to get bowled over by a leaping bearhug from Purvis.

After a few moments of frantically struggling to keep her balance, Serp set Purvis down on the floor of the office and dusted herself off.  "What is it?" she asked.

"I am having a great gift for you which is to be given!" Purvis exclaimed excitedly.

Please don't let it be another dead giant roach.  Please don't let it be another dead giant roach...  Serp nodded.  "Yes...?"

Purvis stepped back, then dramatically spread his arms wide open.  "This!  Beer Axe!"

"What."  Serp struggled not to facepalm.

"I am giving you the thing which is my greatest possession, for the purpose of effective wooings!  You are feeling much gratitude and affection, and will stop the kickings of me when I grope your places!"

"Oh, fine, I'll lead the fortress for you.  Now get out of here, I need to look over my records."

"Okay, Lover!  We are spending many times together later!"  Purvis quickly left the room, and Serp sat down at her desk with another sigh.  What have I gotten myself into...?

Treasurer's Log, Eighth of Granite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Spring

The miracle of life graces our fine fortress!  Today our fish cleaner, Eral, gave birth to a little Suika.  The other parent was the late champion, Lorbam, who died fighting the fire imps last year.  Her legacy will live on.  I have been informed that the infant has been named Kosoth.  Perhaps some day she will read this record and reflect on her historical importance as the first Suika born here at Beer Axe.

Serp was touring the magma pit when she saw it happen.  Another Suika had just finished building a section of the containment wall when a little Suika just plopped out of her skirt.  The mother picked up the infant, brushed it off, and started to walk away.  "Hey, you there, stop!" Serp shouted out, "What just happened?"

"I have gave birth!"  The mother lifted her infant triumphantly.

"...  How?  Aren't we all girls here?"  Serp was dumbfounded.

"I had some helpings from Lorbam..."  The mother smiled shyly.  Purvis, having just come outside, caught Serp's gaze and gave her a cheerful wave.

"I think I'm going to be sick, excuse me."  Serp shuffled off with a queasy expression on her face.

Treasurer's Log, Fifteenth of Granite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Spring

We were visited by a group of Parsekurri merchants today.  These yukkuri are a great deal more intelligent than the Sakuyakurri and Chenkurri we keep around the fortress as pets.  They have an unsavory reputation as covetous, hateful creatures, but this is only marginally true, I find.  Suikas and Parsekurri have much to learn from each other.  Our diplomatic relations seem to be off to a good start.

A din of riotous shouting brought Serp from her office and to the trading depot.  Totaku and a couple of other Suika were screaming at the top of their lungs at the three Parsekkurri merchants, who themselves were also bouncing up and down and screeching.  "Wait, wait, what's going on here!?"  Serp rushed to the scene with an exasperated expression on her face.

"I'm trying to trade with them, but it doesn't work!"  Totaku was frustrated to the point of tears.  "Look, look, watch this."

The Parsekurri fell silent as Totaku indicated one of their rope bins, then one of his toy baskets, and gestured that he wanted to switch them.  The Parsekkurri nodded wordlessly, and Totaku pushed the basket full of toys to the Parsekurri, then picked up the bin full of rope.  Suddenly, the Parsekkurri all jumped on him and began screeching again, trying to take the bin back.  The other Suikas started yelling too, and it was back to the din of chaos.

"SHUT UP!"  It was Serp, jumping up and down and yelling louder than any of them.  "YOU ARE MAKING THE TRADE FAIRLY OR WE MAKE SMASHINGS OF THE SOUR BEAN PASTE IN THE HEADS WHICH ARE YOU!!!"  Everyone fell silent.

Finally, a Parsekkuri nudged the rope bin back towards the group of Suika.  "Take it," she said.

"...  Easy?" Serp suggested helpfully.  The three Parsekkuri responded with a murderous green glare.

Treasurer's Log, Eighteenth of Granite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Spring

We repelled a small attack today.  A Biokkuri attempted to sneak into our fortress, probably in an attempt to steal our infant Suika.  Ramis sighted it and engaged it in combat, but was badly wounded.  She should survive, but she'll be bedridden for some time.  Indeed, she may have died there, if Altrevir hadn't been nearby to lend assistance.  No sooner had Ramis fallen than Altrevir attacked the Biokkuri, drew it away from her fallen comrade, and then defeated the beast before it could cause any further harm.  Their heroism will be recorded here for the ages.

Ramis was walking out of the fortress to help build the wall when she heard the dreaded battle cry.  "Take it easy!"  It was a Biokkuri, and it had just jumped from behind a tree.

"Ah, we are under attack!"  Ramis tried to kick the thing, but her foot bounced off the fleshy surface and she lost her balance, falling to the ground.  The Biokkuri bounced forward and grabbed her hand in its mouth, then began gnawing on it and thrashing back and forth.  Altrevir, drawn by Ramis's screams and the Biokkuri's continued cries of "Tg i ejji!" muffled by its mouthful of Ramis's hand, charged the thing and picked it up, lifting it off Ramis's body.  She then threw it several feet, followed it through the air, and began punching it as soon as it was down.

The Biokkuri was pinned against the slope, and Altrevir rained blow upon blow on the helpless thing, smashing its face and sending bean paste flying in gory arcs.  "Take...  it...  eaahhhh..."  The Biokkuri finally died, and Ramis stood triumphant, raising her bean paste-splattered fists to the heavens and letting loose a battle cry.  The Parsekkuri were unimpressed.

Treasurer's Log, Twenty Third of Granite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Spring

Another attack, this one much larger than the one a few days ago.  Fortunately, there was only one Suika outside, and she was fast enough to escape.  The Biokkuri attempted to invade our fortress, but the traps killed or wounded enough of them to convince the others to leave.  We have even caught a couple of them in cages.  They may prove useful somehow or another.  In any case, we have a bit of a mess to clean up.

Treasurer's Log, Second of Slate, Year Two-Hundred Three, Mid Spring

I am pleased to report here that we have finally completed the furnishings for our sheriff, Zengar.  She had been very patient in waiting for an office appropriate to her station, along with all the little amenities she was due.  While I never did find out why our finest stonecrafter was appointed sheriff, she is certainly enthusiastic enough for the job, and I am sure that with a proper office and dining room, she will be able to carry out her duties even more thoroughly.

Serp was stopped on her way to her books by another Suika she recognized as Zengar, the sheriff.  "Hey, Serp, how about that office?"

"Huh?  Oh, it's on its way...  And why are you flexing like that?"

Zengar was flexing her arms, showing off her muscles, which were quite formidable...  for a Suika.  "Oh, you know, got to keep in shape.  Need to be prepared.  We might get attacked by some more Biokkuri, after all."  She moved into a rather painful-looking squatting position.

"... Of course.  I'd better get around to getting that furniture delivered."  Serp left Zengar throwing several punches at the air.

Treasurer's Log, Thirteenth of Slate, Year Two-Hundred Three, Mid Spring

We have struck tetrahedrite!  This ore of both copper and silver is very valuable, and the decorations we make with it should make this fortress a fine home indeed.  Once word of our find spreads beyond the fortress, we can look forward to many migrant Suika drawn by our tales of wealth.  Our industrious miners are practically glowing with pride at this discovery, and I am as pleased for them as anyone else here.

Serp burst into the dining room, where several Suika were lounging around and drinking.  "Hey, you, what do you think you're doing!?" she exclaimed as soon as she entered.

"Uh...  nothing," the Suika replied.

"Exactly!  Now take these picks and follow me!"  Serp seemed to be in a bad mood, taking it out on the jobless Suika.

"Dig down here," she commanded.  After some digging, Xan came up for air with a shiny rock in her hand.

"Good.  Now keep digging at that vein 'till it's run dry."  Serp stalked off muttering about lazy good-for-nothing Suika drinking all the booze in the fortress.

Treasurer's Log, Fourth of Felsite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Spring

Today we received a wave of migrants, a welcome sight to our grand ambitions for this fortress.  We now have a population of 45 Suika, along with several pet yukkuri.  Many of these newcomers do not have the professions that we need most here at Beer Axe, but I am sure that each will be able to take pride in contributing in her own way.  We welcome every new pair of strong hands to help us build the path to our future.

Serp was dozing in the common room when the sound of a stampede awoke her.  She jumped out of her chair just as the double doors opened to reveal a dozen new Suika she didn't recognize.  "Oh, no, migrants..." she muttered to herself.

"Reporting for duty!" the front Suika announced cheerily.

"Alright, tell me your professions."

"Cheese maker!"  "Maggot milker!"  "Animal dissector!"  "Cheese maker!"  "I don't have one!"  "Soap maker!"

The answers were mostly like that.  Serp set about correcting them.  "Cheese maker?  No, rock maker, take this pickaxe.  Milker, what's your name?  Bridgeponders?  Okay, you're a mason now.  You, you don't have a skill?  Go ask Zengar for some armor and basic training.  Yeah, she's the one crafting a figurine devoted to HOT BLOOD."  And so forth. By the end of the day she had a headache that not even a gourd full of booze could solve.

Treasurer's Log, Seventeenth of Felsite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Spring

We have finally completed the fortress's magma furnace area.  By building so close to a volcano, we gained the opportunity to directly harness the heat of the magma for smelting and smithing.  So far only the smelter is in use, as we use it to make copper and silver bars from the tetrahedrite ore Xan found.  The forge will be put to use once we have a solid stockpile of bars, and the glass furnace is only waiting on the leather bags I've commissioned be made to bring sand from the upper levels of the fortress.  Local stockpiles for supplies and goods will be added in the coming months.

Treasurer's Log, First of Hematite, Year Two-Hundred Three, First Day of Summer

Here's my seasonal report of our wealth and population:

---

Well, this is fun.  I've established Serp and something of a bitchy tsundere control freak with a habit of making things look way brighter in her records than they are in reality.  Anything I write for the other characters is just guesswork about what you want them to be like.  Anyway, I'll try to have the summer update up in a day or two.  Hopefully it won't take as long now that I've settled into this.

Anyway, does anyone else want a named Suika in the fortress?  We have a lot of them to go around, now, so whatever qualities you want in yours can probably be arranged.

Totaku

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 3: Spring: When one cannot "Take it easy"
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »
Wow excellent story telling on your part Serp. :D

Though I might as well ask, what sort of injuries did Ramis receive. :P I suspect it's likely a broken limb (which is yellow) but if it's something worse it may take a long time or if she's lost a limb...ouch! >_<

A poor Suika that is bedridden will be drinking water for a long time.... make sure (if I haven't done it already) to make a bucket. The Suikas will be needing to fetch water for Ramis until she recovers.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't heard me mention this. With UFO's full release, I'm currently going to add in some of the new UFO faces as yukkuris. I've figured out positions for everyone except Byakuren.... if anyone has suggestions on what creature she should be please feel free to tell me. I'm open for suggestions.

Oh and is there a suika who you plan to make a seige operator out of? Astral Pancakes (want's to be called Pancake McMancakes) would like to be inserted in this game.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:08:06 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2009, 03:00:49 PM »
fools, getting unskilled proles to mine is a terrible idea

you don't get as much ore/rock as you'd want, especially when mining out something as valuable as tetrahedrite

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2009, 05:01:36 PM »
f you can, I would like to have one Suika named after me, though you can choose the class, I don't care what you would give me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
Evil Spirit Anthony should be a milker.

Also those are some stylin' updates, Serpentarius. I laught mightily several times. =]

Good show on the magma smelter, too!

Serp

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »
Though I might as well ask, what sort of injuries did Ramis receive. :P I suspect it's likely a broken limb (which is yellow) but if it's something worse it may take a long time or if she's lost a limb...ouch! >_<

A poor Suika that is bedridden will be drinking water for a long time.... make sure (if I haven't done it already) to make a bucket. The Suikas will be needing to fetch water for Ramis until she recovers.

Currently she's suffering from a mangled (red) hand.  For a moment I had thought that she'd lost a foot, but it was only bruised.  Light gray and dark gray really shouldn't both be wound indicators...

Quote from: Totaku
Oh and is there a suika who you plan to make a seige operator out of? Astral Pancakes (want's to be called Pancake McMancakes) would like to be inserted in this game.

Can do.

Quote from: Nachtwanderlied
fools, getting unskilled proles to mine is a terrible idea

you don't get as much ore/rock as you'd want, especially when mining out something as valuable as tetrahedrite

Take it easy, I made sure to give them a couple of levels of mining first by digging exploratory mining shafts and a few new rooms.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »
Take it easy, I made sure to give them a couple of levels of mining first by digging exploratory mining shafts and a few new rooms.

Take it easy, I made sure to give them a couple of levels of mining first

Take it easy, I made sure to give them a couple of levels

Take it easy

You are sounding much like Parsekkuris. Perhaps you must be have some meats?

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »
god i hope the exploratory mining shafts are diagnols

Serp

Re: Suika Fortress - Year 3: Summer: Wherein much gropings are taken
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2009, 03:41:48 PM »
Treasurer's Log, Sixth of Hematite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Summer

Today, our trader, Totaku, was taken by a fey mood!  She has claimed a large pile of bones, some cloth, and a few gems.  While we are all still uncertain about the force that compels us to create these inspired masterworks, nothing short of death can stop a Suika taken by such a mood.  Totaku seems to have everything she needs for her project, so her life is not in danger, for which we are all grateful.

Serp was sitting on a small rhyolite boulder cushioned by a folded square of rope reed cloth in her room, enjoying a meal, when she heard the commotion outside.  Suddenly, Totaku burst into the room gibbering about how she needed cloth, now!  Serp didn't even have time to blink before Totaku grabbed the corner of her cushion and pulled it out from under her.  Serp flailed for balance, fell over, and spilled her meal all over the floor.

And just as quickly as that, Totaku was gone, off to find the next component of her artifact.  "I hope you go mad and die!" Serp shouted on impulse, shaking her fist at the empty doorframe.

Treasurer's Log, Twelfth of Hematite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Early Summer

This year's human traders have just arrived.  Since Totaku was in no condition to meet them, as she still labors on her artifact, I met them myself.  Since the humans were probably expecting Purvis to remain this fortress's leader, I took her with me to make sure that they did not feel offended.  All in all, I believe I've made a fine first impression with them.

"Humans are making an arrival here!"  A Suika that Serp didn't recognize burst into her office to say as much.

"Go on, gather our crafts to trade."  The Suika left, the door closed, and then it slammed open less than a second later to reveal Purvis.

"Lover!  We are enjoying of time together now!"  She stood in the doorway, short arms spread as though to block Serp's path.

"Not now, Purvis, the humans are here.  I'll indulge you later."  Serp started to walk around Purvis.

"Shut your mouth!  You're drunk!  I am partaking of your feminist charms!"  With a heroic lunge, she caught ahold of Serp's delicious flat chest with both hands.  Serp, for her part, just kept walking, doing her best to ignore Purvis.

Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump.  The noise the human traders heard was the sound of Serp dragging Purvis face-first up the flight of stairs from the lower level.  Serp emerged and walked to the human caravan.  There was an awkward silence.  Serp scowled and crossed her arms over her chest, which was itself already covered by both of Purvis's hands.

Finally, the lead human trader hesitantly broke the silence.  "Let's discuss our trade agreements."

Serp nodded.  "Let's."

Treasurer's Log, Fifteenth of Hematite, Year Two Hundred-Three, Early Summer

Totaku has successfully completed his artifact, an imposing gauntlet made out of bones.  At over 34,000 Suikabucks, its value exceeds that of every other artifact in this fortress combined, and it makes up a full 20% of this fortress's estimated net worth.  Furthermore, I can vouch for its sturdiness myself.  It will be not only a decoration, but some lucky Suika will also be able to wear it into battle without fear of breaking such a valuable work of art.

Serp happened to be walking by as Totaku shouted "Eureka!"  She walked into the crafts workshop to see the finished product.

"Behold!"  Totaku was ecstatic as she handed Serp the gauntlet to examine.  Serp nodded as she looked at it.  Yes...  This should do.  She abruptly spun around, swinging the gauntlet through the air in an arc.

"Lover!  I-"  Wham!  Purvis walked into the room just in time to take the gauntlet to the face, and she went down like a sack of bricks.

"That's fine work, Totaku, well done.  Now maybe I can get a few hours to myself..."  That last bit was muttered under Serp's breath as she left the room.  Totaku shrugged, then stepped over Purvis's twitching body to go meet the humans.

Treasurer's Log, First of Malachite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Mid Summer

We've faced two more Biokurri attacks over the past couple of days.  One ambush was foiled when they stumbled across one of our pet Chenkurri, and the other blundered into our trap-filled entryway.  The results were predictably gory, and even the Chenkurri was fast enough to avoid being killed.  We now add another four caged Biokurri to our collection.

Treasurer's Log, Twentieth of Malachite, Year Two-Hundred Three, Mid Summer

Our sheriff, Zengar, had voiced concerns about the lack of a jail to house our criminals, so I gave her leave to construct it as she saw fit.  She requested that I commission some very unique mechanisms from our mechanic and former leader, Purvis, which I also granted.  The result is a jail with an effective, if whimsical, security system.  Suffice it to say that escape will be the last thing on any of our criminals' minds, and if all else fails, at least we have a fine garbage disposal system.

"So," Serp observed, "I see how the surrounding magma would foil any jail breaks, but what did you need the mechanisms for?  Was it that new lever I noticed on the way here?"

Zengar nodded emphatically.  "If someone pulls that, this whole thing goes plunging into the volcano!"

Serp paused to let that sink in.  "We should probably go stand somewhere else."

Treasurer's Log, Twenty-Second of Galena, Year Two-Hundred Three, Late Summer

There is little to report, as I focus my energies on organizing work orders and keeping everyone employed.  I am pleased to note that my efforts to organize a glass assembly line are now reaching fruition.  We are producing not only green glass, but also fine clear glass, and in great quantities.  We are also rebuilding our military so that we may go out and sortie with any Biokurri sieges we face.  I spoke today with our fortress's only dedicated archer, a spirited young Suika named Anthony.  I am confident that the safety of this fortress is in capable hands.

Treasurer's Log, First of Limestone, Year Two-Hundred Three, First Day of Autumn

Here's my seasonal report on our wealth and population:

---

Had some difficulty getting on the same computer for any length of time over the past few days, which is what resulted in this delay.  The next two updates should come more quickly.  There wasn't a whole lot to cover this time aside from micromanagement; hence, slapstick.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 3: Summer: Where in much gropings are taken
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2009, 09:58:54 PM »
That prison is terrible and excellent, and I wholly approve. Good show on the glass production, too. I completely forgot about it. =[

I cackled greatly, as well.

And do not be of worryings, I will much breakings of you out from shell!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Suika Fortress - Year 3: Summer: Wherein much gropings are taken
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2009, 10:37:15 PM »
Zengar nodded emphatically.  "If someone pulls that, this whole thing goes plunging into the volcano!"
So basically someone can just flip out and doom everyone in there to a fiery death?
Awesome.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
All in all, I believe I've made a fine first impression with them.

Considering the forum population, the humies may very well be in approval of lolita yuri.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Serp

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2009, 06:00:37 AM »
Quote from: Purjewry
That prison is terrible and excellent, and I wholly approve.

It's just not a fortress without some impractical constructions.  More to come, hopefully.  Need to keep these Suika employed.

Quote from: Hizengar Byakuren
So basically someone can just flip out and doom everyone in there to a fiery death?
Awesome.

Not that anyone could possibly not appreciate another firey deathtrap, but I'm glad that you and your Suika agree in this regard.

Quote from: M5-Nazrin
Considering the forum population, the humies may very well be in approval of lolita yuri.

Little do they know it's actually futanari.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 08:52:18 AM »
Little do they know it's actually futanari.

Repels some, attracts others. I'm not seeing a problem here.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Totaku

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »
OK guys,

I come here with a little update!

Since UFO's and UNL's full release I've recently put together several more sprites and changed some things around. So as of right now. I'll put this folder up for everyone to grab and put within thier Suika Fortress files.

The files contains:

New sprites of (almost) every charater from UFO and UNL that replace certain creatures in the certain areas depending on where you play.

Some other sprites I may have over looked and placed in here.

A set of files that rename the creatures and tells it to know which sprites to use for them.

Make sure you read the files and place them in the appropiate folders and areas in the "raw Folder" to replace the old one.

As usual if any problems or questions come up. Be sure to ask me. I'm here to help, and if anyone has ideas or suggestion to make things more interesting. Let me know.

Also I've now updated the complete game with the new features if you haven't gotten the game yet. Here's the link for that.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6FYWTIBZ

Course if you have the game already, you can just click on the attachment below and add the files in yourself.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:46:18 PM by Totaku »
Now I Twitter

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »
Question: Doesn't changing the raws mean we have to make a new world and suchlike?