Author Topic: ※ Danmakufu Q&A/Problem thread 3 ※  (Read 468548 times)

Drake

Re: ※ Danmakufu Q&A/Problem thread 3 ※
« Reply #570 on: June 01, 2017, 02:00:01 AM »
I know you said you named it properly, but just make sure you're even using "Shikiekiki" instead of the actually-correct-name "Shikieiki".

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #571 on: June 01, 2017, 03:22:53 AM »
I can't use google pics , right ?
Just keep it neutral :3

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #572 on: June 01, 2017, 04:50:39 AM »
I can't use google pics , right ?

?????

What do you mean by this? It has nothing to do with the filename you assign to your texture assets.

« Reply #573 on: June 01, 2017, 05:01:01 AM »
The pic that is downloaded from google and edited to 70x100.

Drake

« Reply #574 on: June 01, 2017, 05:14:03 AM »
That is fine. Just make sure you had actually saved it as a png, as your filename implies.

« Reply #575 on: June 01, 2017, 06:35:21 AM »
Its a png, never worked....  :ohdear: :ohdear:
It ran safely... but the sprite sucked, its the same stuff  :ohdear: :ohdear:
The sprite never worked ! I did every step correctly(perfect), the sprite did not appear. though
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:44:19 AM by BananaCupcakey »

strgzrrr

« Reply #576 on: June 01, 2017, 07:19:21 AM »
hi, I would like to ask a simple question.

maybe someone could teach me how ObjMove_SetDestAtWeight works?
I know how it pragmatically works, but I hope to know the actual formula. and the known explanations are very vague...

Drake

« Reply #577 on: June 02, 2017, 06:38:15 AM »
It's piecewise. ObjMove_SetDestAtWeight seems to be:
Code: [Select]
if dist < maxspeed * weight :
  speed = dist / weight
else :
  speed = maxspeed

That being said the implementation being used seems to be not super exactly accurate, but it's probably fine for most purposes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:39:55 AM by Drake »

strgzrrr

« Reply #578 on: June 02, 2017, 06:52:44 AM »
It's piecewise. ObjMove_SetDestAtWeight seems to be:
Code: [Select]
if dist < maxspeed * weight :
  speed = dist / weight
else :
  speed = maxspeed

That being said the implementation being used seems to be not super exactly accurate, but it's probably fine for most purposes.

my thanks for your reply. i found it very helpful.

« Reply #579 on: June 02, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Ok, I think the graphic must be a problem. 1. how to know its a transparent pic ? 2.Do Transparent pic affect the character appearance ?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #580 on: June 02, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »
Ok, I think the graphic must be a problem. 1. how to know its a transparent pic ? 2.Do Transparent pic affect the character appearance ?
If it is a PNG file and you open it photoshop, gimp or similar programs: the background around the character should be like a checkered board. Pure black (0,0,0) is also transparent. These two things should indicate if a picture has transparency or not. Don't use paint or irfanview.

« Reply #581 on: June 02, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
Ok, after using GIMP 2 , i saw checkered boxes (it said it was alpha channel) and i knew it was transparent, so it was the script, but why ? where did i did wrongly ? I made a pic that is the same way and it's valid but it didn't loaded it, so i knew that its the scripts fault, but where ? ??? ???
*its the same script , never changed.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:56:56 PM by BananaCupcakey »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #582 on: June 02, 2017, 05:18:21 PM »
Ok, after using GIMP 2 , i saw checkered boxes (it said it was alpha channel) and i knew it was transparent, so it was the script, but why ? where did i did wrongly ? I made a pic that is the same way and it's valid but it didn't loaded it, so i knew that its the scripts fault, but where ? ??? ???
*its the same script , never changed.

Let's confirm. You have a file called Shikiekiki.png in the SAME FOLDER as your script (.txt/.dnh/whatever). It is 70x100 and is a png. File extensions are not disabled (i.e. if you look at the folder using Windows, you see the .png extension).

In Danmakufu, the image for the boss does not appear at all, but the shots are still fired from (192, 120).

Is ALL OF THIS correct? If there are any inconsistencies, then your problem may lie there.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #583 on: June 02, 2017, 05:20:51 PM »
It is not your script. I've already shown it to you here in my post that your code is working fine. You're doing something that we cannot see or judge. Again make sure the following:
- Your filename is correctly written according to the script
- Your image file is in the same folder as your script (because you're using GetCurrentScriptDirectory)
- Your image file is a valid PNG format

Again, it is not your script. If you still cannot manage it, then I am out of ideas/clues.

Edit
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Sparen had similar ideas (posted. I'll post mine either way as extra info.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #584 on: June 02, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »
How do you make spinning bullets like the ice crystals/petals in this spell?
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2017, 10:18:12 PM »
How do you make spinning bullets like the ice crystals/petals in this spell?

Adjust ObjRender_SetAngleZ in a while(!Obj_IsDeleted(obj)) loop.

« Reply #586 on: June 03, 2017, 03:14:43 AM »
It worked, it was so legit that i forgotten the png, the pic was shikieiki.png , and i forgotten a .png because its a png file too , so. thanks for everything and apologies for my annoyancys :D :3

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #587 on: June 03, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »
Hmmm hello, I'm still learning danmakufu and I'm trying to create a plural script, but apparently every tutorial I've seen is outdated and the script simply doesn't appear in danmakufu. Someone please link me an updated tutorial?

EDIT: Whoops, apparently I forgot to put quotation marks in the script text... It's working now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:09:55 PM by GenoCraft »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #588 on: June 03, 2017, 04:50:50 PM »
Hmmm hello, I'm still learning danmakufu and I'm trying to create a plural script, but apparently every tutorial I've seen is outdated and the script simply doesn't appear in danmakufu. Someone please link me an updated tutorial?

Danmakufu Wiki ph3 Tutorials:
http://dmf.shrinemaiden.org/wiki/Tutorials_(ph3)

Make sure you're not confusing 0.12m with ph3.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #589 on: June 03, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »
It worked, it was so legit that i forgotten the png, the pic was shikieiki.png , and i forgotten a .png because its a png file too , so. thanks for everything and apologies for my annoyancys :D :3
My apologies. To be honest, I didn't understand how you fixed it. But roughly guessing it is like Sparen said with the hidden extensions. You most likely had a file being *.png.png

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #590 on: June 03, 2017, 11:18:02 PM »
This question is a bit of an odd one. I want to make everything within the playing field (boss, bullets, player, background) continually spin, akin to Change Air Brave. How would I go about doing this? (yes this sounds stupid but please answer)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:24:56 AM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #591 on: June 04, 2017, 02:57:08 AM »
This question is a bit of an odd one. I want to make everything within the playing field (boss, bullets, player, background) continually spin, akin to Change Air Brave. How would I go about doing this? (yes this sounds stupid but please answer)

Just wrote up something for it.

http://sparen.github.io/ph3tutorials/ph3u2l22a.html

Essentially, use Set2DCameraAngleZ in a while loop.

« Reply #592 on: June 04, 2017, 09:44:06 PM »
I've been trying to get custom sounds to play during spellcard activation and the boss's death using Helepolis's tutorials, but for some reason only the default sounds will play. I've checked the code a bunch of times - even copy&pasted the sound-related parts directly from the example file - but the result is the same every time. Danmakufu doesn't give any errors, the sounds just don't seem to be registering at all.

The .wav files are in the same folder as the script. I'm very new to this & feel like I must be missing something incredibly simple, but I have no idea what it is... :ohdear:

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #593 on: June 04, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »
I've been trying to get custom sounds to play during spellcard activation and the boss's death using Helepolis's tutorials, but for some reason only the default sounds will play. I've checked the code a bunch of times - even copy&pasted the sound-related parts directly from the example file - but the result is the same every time. Danmakufu doesn't give any errors, the sounds just don't seem to be registering at all.

The .wav files are in the same folder as the script. I'm very new to this & feel like I must be missing something incredibly simple, but I have no idea what it is... :ohdear:

Could you please give an example of the code? also make sure you didnt mute danmakufu
Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #594 on: June 04, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »
Could you please give an example of the code? also make sure you didnt mute danmakufu

https://pastebin.com/F7NPVQVZ This is all the code that has to do with the sounds, I think. (& I didn't mute it lol I can still hear the default stuff)

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #595 on: June 04, 2017, 11:19:46 PM »
https://pastebin.com/F7NPVQVZ This is all the code that has to do with the sounds, I think. (& I didn't mute it lol I can still hear the default stuff)

You said your .wav files are in the same folder as the script itself? The reason it's not playing is because in lines 5 & 6, the "se/" means that its looking for the wav files in a folder called se, which you apparently don't have.

You can fix that by making a folder called "se" in the same folder as your script and dumping your wav files in there, like so

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:23:48 PM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #596 on: June 04, 2017, 11:34:11 PM »

~~~

~~~

I had this problem for a long time and didn't understand why it happened. There are two issues and a variety of solutions.

Your current issue is that you're trying to load the sound immediately before playing it. The sound effect has no time to load and therefore does not play.

The default plays because the default spell card sound effect is controlled via the EV_START_BOSS_SPELL event in the system script. If you are not using a custom System script, this means that the default will do its job.

To fix, you can either forcefully load the sound effect in advance using @Loading{} (Note: Haven't tried, may not work) or play with System files.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2017, 02:54:11 AM »
Sparen finally finished the lesson!

...does that mean you'll write tutorials for stage scripts now :V
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2017, 12:42:34 PM »
Sparen finally finished the lesson!

...does that mean you'll write tutorials for stage scripts now :V

If I can be prodded enough to write at a more frequent pace, yeah. However, the peer review factor has fallen short recently, and I'm entering the area of Danmakufu where there are lots of different ways to achieve the same thing. I'll try but I can't guarantee very much at the moment.

« Reply #599 on: June 05, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »
lel its another stupid question from me.
I try to fire a ring of bullets like the script here https://pastebin.com/yeQg5Dj5 , after i load it, its not defining my mainTask ! Why ?  ???