Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 77065 times)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)
« Reply #780 on: September 12, 2009, 02:19:07 AM »
Hm, just thinking, but do you guys think that Pesco would've been able to pull the win if he wasn't killed by Roukan?

Oh, and we forgot/should've told Zengar to cop claim(Pesco expressed disappointment at himself when he realized this). Well, more like I said "PREPARE T3H FAKE CLAIMZ", and then Pesco said "lolno, just say VT". He did neither. =V Oh, and in some other chats I had with Pesco, he said he was a "bad team mate". Isn't it sad, Pesco? ;_;

Suwako:Blame Kanako. Simple Easy Solution.

KGH: You're an SK the same reason Edible is a Jester;it makes no sense, so it MUST be true. See how that works?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #781 on: September 12, 2009, 02:21:50 AM »
Oh, I do that for everything anyway.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #782 on: September 12, 2009, 02:23:51 AM »
Anyway, while I'm thinking about it, I should point out that these weird gambits that are getting a lot of hate right now aren't all bad.

Not all weird gambits are bad. Ineffective gambits that confuse the town are bad (if you're a townie)

Which is what KGH did.

Hm, just thinking, but do you guys think that Pesco would've been able to pull the win if he wasn't killed by Roukan?

No, even if I had been fooled, I doubt that Kilga would have been, nor would Rou. It might have ended in Kilga vs. Pesco haiku off, but honestly, I'd probably have swung to pesco anyway. Especially since Rou probably would have killed Kilga if he didn't kill pesco.

« Reply #783 on: September 12, 2009, 02:55:53 AM »
people here will label as any kind of anti-town role if you're not playing well enough. Almost every game, someone has to ask if Jester was an included win condition, usually on day one, even if it's stated in the rules which win conditions actually do exist. Even if you have absolutely no ties to flipped mafia, there's still the Serial killer option.

In short - MotK Players will always like to punish bad players over finding alignment.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #784 on: September 12, 2009, 02:57:31 AM »
Bah, UK. All gambits confuse town at som point or another!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #785 on: September 12, 2009, 03:00:34 AM »
Bah, UK. All gambits confuse town at som point or another!

Not good ones. Or rather, good ones resolve that confusion BEFORE a townie is mislynched because of the gambit and also provide some other benefit. Which yours did not.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #786 on: September 12, 2009, 03:01:52 AM »
In short - MotK Players will always like to punish bad players over finding alignment.

In fairness, there did exist a legit case against Seniwac.

It should also be noted that, through most of Day 4, my vote was on Seniwac more because I didn't trust him to make an important LYLO decision than any other reason.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #787 on: September 12, 2009, 03:06:02 AM »

In fairness, there did exist a legit case against Seniwac.

It should also be noted that, through most of Day 4, my vote was on Seniwac more because I didn't trust him to make an important LYLO decision than any other reason.

Not a good way to play. It'd be better to avoid LYLO altogether in the position we were in as opposed to stop someone from getting there.

In fact, Seniwac would have been better as an N1 vig Rou.

Seriously.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #788 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:08 AM »
Eh. It would've been very hard to drop the case on K4U. Besides, last-minute cases on Pesco were made because of his actions regarding what I did as a Walking WIFOM Dispensor.

I've got plans for the next game too~

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #789 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:08 AM »
Eh. It would've been very hard to drop the case on K4U. Besides, last-minute cases on Pesco were made because of his actions regarding what I did as a Walking WIFOM Dispensor.

I've got plans for the next game too~

Lovely.

For your sake, I really hope I'm not a vig.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #790 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:50 AM »
In hindsight, of course.

But Rou did state that he felt nobody was suspicious enough to warrant death.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #791 on: September 12, 2009, 03:24:00 AM »
Suwako:Blame Kanako. Simple Easy Solution.
Fuck you. >:[

(Oh yeah, good job town, that game was fun to watch.)

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #792 on: September 12, 2009, 04:02:44 AM »
Four notes and I'll leave.

1 @Pesco - The comment I wanted to make earlier turned out to be false anyway.
That comment (already touched on by now :( ) was--
This is the first game I can remember where Kiro-Town was still alive by D3 regardless of how well he played.
From where I was sitting this wouldn't have been a bad game to suspect Kiro-scum tbh, but that doesn't ever seem to matter for scum other than me.

2 @donut - You said you were going to watch how some people were going to play.  Did you keep up with it?

3 @Heniwac - Thanks for helping me keep my site dignity ^.^

4 @Zakeri - You're very good at writing enjoyable flavor.  gj

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #793 on: September 12, 2009, 09:08:59 AM »
Seniwac: Your gambit was a load of crap. If it was effective, I should have been lynched on day3. Anything later just shows how much you costed town.

Kilga: Frack you. Playing pro-town like this does nothing for ME.

Regarding night actions, if the vig kill was only flipped at day instead of lynch, I would have shot Kiro again. If he was protected, Rou get called SK. After his flip, Serp get doubted.

If I wasn't shot at LyLo, my play was to call Kilga for his congrats doc and doc ffffff comments. Serp telegraphed that he couldn't self prot and I was going to hold that against him.

Sodium did a fine job on his own this game. Give him the credit he's due.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #794 on: September 12, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Dropped in for moments or two, so I guess I have to congratulate town.  It really was an interesting game to watch; I think K4U played pretty nicely too for a partial first.

And I think the flavour in this game was the most enjoyable since Kiro's Night Festival, good job Zakeri.

And I have never been lucky enough to witness a successful town gambit first-hand; come to think of it 2 out of 4 times I have played as scum I made gambits at the very end only to cover up silly mistakes.  So yeah, KGH, playing normally would actually be better.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #795 on: September 12, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
UK: I admit alot of the gut read could be called Too Townie. First day play seemed too perfect such as the moment you made a 180 regarding my case. D2 seemed like a case of really hard bussing. And I never saw the Edible case. Really weak points all around but I didn't want to use it so I said "gut."

Pesco: You would've been lynched if it weren't for that meddling Edible!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #796 on: September 12, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
Therefore you fucked it up. Don't do it again.