Author Topic: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)  (Read 78036 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Communication Breakdance (Game Over! Town win)
« Reply #750 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
o

k!

For the record I probably would have voted pesco in the end, but I was giving you serious consideration, including the idea that you'd guess Serp would protect you (because it's you) and forgo the NK to make it look like you were attacked and saved. >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #751 on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
For the record I probably would have voted pesco in the end, but I was giving you serious consideration, including the idea that you'd guess Serp would protect you (because it's you) and forgo the NK to make it look like you were attacked and saved. >_>

I would have done the same thing if I were in your shoes. Hell, if I were really Scum, I might have taken that chance. Which is why I was worried about superbussers because from my own point of view, I saw how reasonably easy it could be for one to win.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #752 on: September 11, 2009, 11:16:05 PM »
i must now say i was the credit to team

my excellent gambit somehow worked

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #753 on: September 11, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »
Nice shot Roukan. But you're not a true bro anymore(Quicktopic stuff.)

Edible is now the sole TRUE BRO.

I'm pretty sure it's alright to post this, seeing as this is the point of the thing.
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/3y4bdEbbfj7

Yeah, most of my mistakes are actual genuine mistakes. My performance in this game can be described as "Being Dumb and Getting Lucky". Also, I was going to switch to Zengar earlier, but for various reasons, I didn't. =V

And yeah, Serp should've been the target for N1. I was pretty useless after Day 1 anyways, so umu's suspicion of me wouldn't have made much of a difference, and it would've opened up a lot of doc claim shenanigans.

And I still don't get why Pesco didn't do the N2 NK. =V

Oh, and MVP goes to Kiro.

What Gambit? All you were was an easy target. And don't say "BY SUCKING, I WILL ATTRACT SCUM", because that's a shitty gambit in the first place.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #754 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »

What Gambit? All you were was an easy target. And don't say "BY SUCKING, I WILL ATTRACT SCUM", because that's a shitty gambit in the first place.

can't really be called shitty if it got both you and zengar

not to mention i started the pesco mini-thing on day 4

:smug:

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #755 on: September 11, 2009, 11:25:46 PM »
...What? Zengar was just waffle waffle waffle the whole time.

Also, you forgot that part where it attracted a bunch of town.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #756 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »
...What? Zengar was just waffle waffle waffle the whole time.

Also, you forgot that part where it attracted a bunch of town.

uhh yeah and that's what got him called out

of course it'll attract town. gambits aren't perfect you know

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #757 on: September 11, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »
Your "gambit" didn't catch me. It was the switch to Zengar late, Zengar stuff, doc counterclaim, etc.

If it attracts town, then lynching everyone that attacks you will probably fail horribly. Once again, it was a shitty gambit because... it didn't do anything. Attacking you was a null tell.

And Zengar waffled on everyone.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #758 on: September 11, 2009, 11:32:16 PM »
Dammit, 2 out of 3 and managing to look townie and I completely miss the last scum.

Honorary scum is obviously KGH.

UK is easier to mislead? Yeah, nice try Pesco, I was on Sodium like hell even after the doc claim.

Oh, and I'm saying 3 charges just for the Alice fakeclaim doctor reference. =3 Although it might make it more believable...

You did that on purpose? What the hell, that was fucking retarded.

And you honestly thought I'd get wagoned pesco? After how well I was playing it was almost impossible.

And NK K4U over me? What the hell Pesco? That would have been like, auto lose for you since I wasn't voting Seni.

Well, glad to know you have such a high opinion of me, Pesco

* UncertainKitten rolls her eyes.

KGH, your gambit was bad and you should feel bad. I even gave you the BotD and you broke that. It's amazing I realized you were town...

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #759 on: September 11, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
The only true Mafia bro is a man named smodge13.

Also Zengar and Sodium would have been busted without your "help", thank you very much. There's a reason no one wanted to see you in LYLO.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #760 on: September 11, 2009, 11:36:10 PM »
it all stems from the D1 claim

also i'll stop being smugnoxious now

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #761 on: September 11, 2009, 11:37:11 PM »
OH YEAH! Why did everyone and their mother have some "gut read" on me? I mean, seriously, it's not like I was doing anything scummy for once!

it all stems from the D1 claim

also i'll stop being smugnoxious now

Well, what it actually did was nothing except cause your eventual mislynch. we can't know if we would have caught Sodium and Zengar without you doing that, but given we didn't catch them because you did, I'm leaning we would have done fine.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #762 on: September 11, 2009, 11:37:45 PM »
Nyeh, I wasn't expecting anyone to believe it. I was hoping the doc would be eager to counterclaim, and do so immediately. Unfortunately, that failed, but I got lucky by people somehow believing it, and then Edible's gambit. Serp then counterclaimed, and yeah. I thought Pesco would immediately shoot Serp(or Kilga), but...

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #763 on: September 11, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »
Nyeh, I wasn't expecting anyone to believe it. I was hoping the doc would be eager to counterclaim, and do so immediately. Unfortunately, that failed, but I got lucky by people somehow believing it, and then Edible's gambit. Serp then counterclaimed, and yeah. I thought Pesco would immediately shoot Serp(or Kilga), but...

I figured as much. Serp played it smart. I'm not even sure if he had to claim at the end of the day, but it helped that he did.

I just wish Edible had been scum...I would have had perfect accuracy T_T

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #764 on: September 11, 2009, 11:46:48 PM »
Bleh, I am not happy with the way I played at all.  I'm glad it worked out in the end though~  Good game everyone.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #765 on: September 11, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
OH YEAH! Why did everyone and their mother have some "gut read" on me? I mean, seriously, it's not like I was doing anything scummy for once!
I have a gut feeling this is part of that "UGW first impression" of yours that I mentioned before.

« Reply #766 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:19 PM »
And I still don't get why Pesco didn't do the N2 NK. =V
He did. It was Kiro.

Night Actions~
Night 1:
Kill: Umu
Jan: Umu
Doc: Kiro
Vig: No one

Night 2:
Kill: Kiro
Vig: Kitten4U

Night 3:
Kill: Serpentarius
Vig: Edible?

Night 4:
Kill: Kiro
Vig: Pesco

Yes, Serp Protected Kiro Every night. Partially because Kiro was the most likely NK target, Partially because He couldn't protect himself if he needed to. I remember somewhere in the Scumchat, Pesco said that if it weren't for Rou's Vig kill, He would have targeted Kiro Again night 3, which would have made his inevitable defeat justified by bad night play. :V Serp's play really was top quality given the situation he was in.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #767 on: September 11, 2009, 11:58:01 PM »
Hmm? Don't tell me I have an always scum template...

I thought I was just more erratic than anything.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #768 on: September 12, 2009, 12:05:20 AM »
I like how "top quality doc play" has been reduced to "target Kiro every night".

Kiro

« Reply #769 on: September 12, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »

*shrug* I say a lot of shit at times, but it only really means anything if I have the vote to back it up. I dunno, I'm trying to not let anyone slip under the radar (like having the tiniest bit of suspicion on Serp even after he said he protected me), but at the same time, I'd hope it wouldn't actually degenerate into paranoia and I banked on it with at least Kilga and UK snapping back at me. And I think people taking the time to debunk or ridicule those theories gives me their take on it which helps convince me one way or the other.

[X] I'm an indecisive prick that needs to be punched in the (testicles/ovaries)

Cut: Whoa, I was protected Night 3??? That makes no sense to me. Rou's value as a Vig outweighed mine and if we got Rou announced as the protected one, it would at least eliminate any lingering worry he was Scum with a tweaked killing role.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #770 on: September 12, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
But it wasn't just you Kiro. It was Edible, Pesco (who was scum but still), Kilga, KGH...everyone really.

« Reply #771 on: September 12, 2009, 12:08:25 AM »
Cut: Whoa, I was protected Night 3??? That makes no sense to me. Rou's value as a Vig outweighed mine and if we got Rou announced as the protected one, it would at least eliminate any lingering worry he was Scum with a tweaked killing role.

Yeah, but who ever nightkills Rou?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #772 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55:41 AM »
This was the worst I have ever played in a Mafia game.  My sincere apologies.  Grats to the people who actually enabled Town to win.

Kiro

« Reply #773 on: September 12, 2009, 01:30:25 AM »
Finally got time to read through the quicktopic. Sorry Pesco, I was indeed busier, but only in spurts so I did manage to get stuff in during working hours (blame it on the economy). I think you guys reflected well on most of your mistakes in there and the planned mislynches looked good except for Rou's ability blowing through half of them quicker than you would have liked.

umu deserves some huge cred for nailing Zengar and Sodium correctly as Scum as well as saying KGH was probably Town. Very good stuff all by the mid of Day 1. For the amount of time he was able to play this game, I say he deserves MVP for getting those votes in first.

KGH: If you played it straight, there would have been far less doubt about you and your case on Pesco in Day 4 would have gotten more support instead of it being considered Too Little Too Late. Just look at that aspect of your game and you can see where you
Spoiler:
fowled
up. Also, don't self hammer if you're Town with no minimum requirement for a lynch. If there happened to be other Scum out there, you have to make them vote for you for a particular reason which Town could analyze the following Day.

Sorry I had Kilga and UK popping veins for a bit. Not the optimal way for me to be playing Town, but with the early going relatively smooth, I figured we couldn't get complacent so I jacked up everyone's anxiety to keep everyone relevant and prepare for the worst case scenario (which we almost got to). But you guys were admittedly solid through the entire game and I was half trying to find chinks in that gameplay when there really weren't any even when I said that several times during the game. Chew me out a little if you feel that's a terrible way for me to play.

I still think the Alice lynch was a better case to pursue than the Pesco lynch Day 3 after I found that post Suwako made in Day 1 voting UK. Sorry Suwako/Alice. *shrug*

Lol Edible, you should have seen that double facepalm I did after Day 2 ended. I just leaned back in my chair and cried out, OH MY GOD!

That being said, kudos to Serp for getting 1 successful protect in. It gave me the clout to fool around a little like I mentioned above. But I'll try not to do that again next time. And we seriously missed that hint about your Doc role when you revoted Sodium after Edible's gambit. That was smooth and your reason was good too. Gotta store that one for future reference.

K4U: Well, you did tunnel a bit and you asked us to smack you if you were, but we didn't because we can't coach you on how to play during the game. It never hurts to look around early on as it's obvious there are multiple Scum targets around to be found. I've made mistakes with assuming Scum accidentally slip a word out, but I got burned on it before (PC-98 Mafia) so I never use it as a primary reason anymore.

Rou had his role to clear him, but hey, if you have a virtually unfakable, unblockable, and unambiguously Town role like that, I can't see how a little tunneling and going by your gut instincts doesn't hurt. It worked out for us though and you made the right call in shooting Pesco in the end.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #774 on: September 12, 2009, 01:33:04 AM »
Sorry I had Kilga and UK popping veins for a bit.

You did? I don't recall this

I'd also like to mention I at least called Alice town as well, despite the fact I didn't mind his lynch.

Kiro

« Reply #775 on: September 12, 2009, 01:39:01 AM »
I thought you were frustrated at us by Day 3, Day 4. We did it the dirty way and cleared Edible through a delayed Vig so you can't help but be frustrated for sitting around while who you think the last remaining Scum is gets to breathe for a little longer.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #776 on: September 12, 2009, 01:39:56 AM »
I thought you were frustrated at us by Day 3, Day 4. We did it the dirty way and cleared Edible through a delayed Vig so you can't help but be frustrated for sitting around while who you think the last remaining Scum is gets to breathe for a little longer.

Mildly but I wasn't letting it get to me. I mean, it logically made sense. It was just a minor annoyance.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #777 on: September 12, 2009, 01:47:50 AM »
N2 I might've protected myself if I had been allowed to, but I was well aware that scum might want to take the opportunity to NK Kiro since they'd expect me to cover myself.  Plus, there's a lot of WIFOM when the claimed doc claims to have protected himself and then there's no NK, especially when scum aren't obligated to kill.  If he claims to have protected someone else, then that at least produces confirmed townies after his flip.

As for N3, I figured that if scum didn't attack me, they weren't going to attack Roukanken.  As far as power roles went, I figured that the doc was more dangerous to scum than the vig, so if scum went after a power role, it was going to be me.  On the off chance that scum went after a player rather than a role, it would've been Kiro, so that's where I put my protection.  Had I been allowed to protect myself, I definitely would have done so.

Anyway, while I'm thinking about it, I should point out that these weird gambits that are getting a lot of hate right now aren't all bad.  As Kiro has said, his switch off Sodium D2 wasn't entirely sincere, and in my first full game here, I played scummy as the cop to fend off an NK, and got approval for it after the game.  Granted, some gambits are better than others, and there's no better way to judge that than seeing which ones work and which ones don't, and maybe Edible's and KGH's were bad, but using some ploys to shake things up help make the game less formulaic and put scum off balance.

Also, reading the quicktopic and seeing Pesco and Sodium speculating about a doc claim was hilarious.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #778 on: September 12, 2009, 01:55:08 AM »
Wow, they thought I was a SK?

That's odd.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #779 on: September 12, 2009, 02:09:13 AM »
I gotta say

After I looked at this game and saw Zengar flip scum

I cried inside at myself. :(
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.