Author Topic: The Labyrinth of Touhou 2 reverse-engineering thread  (Read 21465 times)

Re: The Labyrinth of Touhou 2 reverse-engineering thread
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 01:52:37 AM »
Judging by the thread's title... could you make a fullscreen patch for LOT2?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
The links to the enemy stat viewers are busted :<

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 11:25:21 PM »
So I dropped by the forums to post a map viewer for another game and, surprise surprise, I had a handful of PMs waiting for me.

It's my fault, really. I wrote "send me an email" when, in fact, I should have written "send me an email". Silly me. I can understand how that could have been interpreted as "send me a PM on a forum I don't generally post on where I won't see it for what could be months". Sorry about that everyone. I'll try to be more specific next time. I hope there are no hard feelings. :/

As just about every question I've been asked relates to passives, I've decided I'd just dump my notes into a text file and post that instead of replying.

Here it is

I've also reuploaded the enemy viewer. Not sure why it got removed...

Judging by the thread's title... could you make a fullscreen patch for LOT2?
I'm... not sure how that relates to the thread's title. But whatever. In case you didn't know, you can stretch the window to achieve roughly the same effect as having the game full-screen. Hopefully that helps.

Latest works
The Strongest

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 08:28:54 AM »
The perfect Christmas present! Thank you Ethan!

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »
Spellcards formulas, (v1.1)A list of all spellcards' effects and formulas, extracted directly from the game. Does not include certain
 "unique" effects however.
EthanSilver
Event DumpA (slightly simplified) list of all events in the game. Doubles as a list of in-game dialog too.EthanSilver

Could someone please reupload the above? The links are dead already :(

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 02:04:16 AM »
Ethan, how difficult would it be to remove the damage variance, at least for player attacks? Either doing it yourself, or pointing out the location so I can NOP it myself.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:45 AM »
I'm... not sure how that relates to the thread's title. But whatever. In case you didn't know, you can stretch the window to achieve roughly the same effect as having the game full-screen. Hopefully that helps.

Its relation to the title is...uhh...questionable...but the guy DID as a question...it isn't a definitive no IMO. Preventing fullscreen mode CAN be something stupid simple as a boolean that's hardcoded as false instead of true or whatever for all you know...That said, stretching the window is not the same thing. I too want a fullscreen mode, and while I'm not asking for one if it's any work for anyone, I simply wish to explain why it's wanted (for me at least, I imagine I'm not the only one).

Basically if I stretch it manually, the graphics become noticeably more pixely for one, but even if they didn't, or if you think I'm high (I'm not, but nobody believes me), there's also the factor that there somehow is more immersion (even in games where immersion isn't really a big deal, it makes a big deal in this case IMO) in not seeing a window for your game...Seeing borders, or what's behind it (if your monitor aspect ratio is different from the game's base...and if you think you can't see a graphical change if you stretch it to be so, then YOU'RE the one on drugs!). I've pretty much subconsciously trained my eyeballs to treat the contents of my monitor as temporarily "everything" while I enjoy a game, and if anything, even so much as a border of a window is seen at the edge (my monitor's aspect ratio makes me see more), than that feeling is just completely lost...it doesn't ruin the game or anything but it's a cosmetic thing that DOES make a noticeable difference 100% of the time...Imagine it as something like the difference between liking how your main character looks, and thinking he/she looks like dung.. Everything else may look great still, but that main character, you want em to look as good as possible!

Ethan, how difficult would it be to remove the damage variance, at least for player attacks? Either doing it yourself, or pointing out the location so I can NOP it myself.

...Listen to this dude. If the random thing was gone, everyone else would be able to figure things out and define stuff on their own without pestering you much much easier.

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »
I've been playing around with Cheat Engine a bit, changing the cap on gems, decrease the amount of exp you receive and increase the amount of skill points per level.
I had no idea what kind of awesome things are possible with CE until I took a look at some advanced features it had, hoping to find a way to increase the gem limit.
Well, and just now, I found a way skip attack animations, which is good if you have a slow pc like me.

You'll have to run CE everytime you want any of those enabled obviously, and to be honest I have no idea if they even work on different pcs then mine, considering the pointer mess I encountered while editing various other things. From what I know they should work for everyone though, just make sure that inside the scripts, these kind of lines:"THLabyrinth2_out.exe"+461319:" match the .exe you are using, either change the scripts yourself or rename the .exe.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01129384117308369754

Oh, almost forgot, theres a problem with the 2 skillpoints per level script, because I'm lazy - you only get the points on a level up, meaning if you skill reset, you won't get back the extra amount and have to downlevel at Reimu and level up again.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:52:18 AM by Genericname »

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
The links on the front page to 180upload all seem to be broken. That actually goes for the LoT Rebirth thread too - the Toolkit link, which was to 180upload, is also broken. Even the tools and data that are up now are incredibly helpful, but just for the record...