Author Topic: Looking for help with TARC files  (Read 2509 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Looking for help with TARC files
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
The last couple weeks I was working on lot on stuff for the Devil of Decline gameplay patch, but at the same time I really want to be able to work on something for the other Strawberry Bose games, especially Nightmare of Rebellion. The major problem is that other than Phantasmal Summoners, every other game makes use of the TARC file format, which so far no one has tried cracking. I tried looking at the files myself in a hex editor, but I'm not that good with piecing together how to extract files based off of that. The only thing I noticed is that every TARC file starts with "TARC." (54 41 52 43 1a in hexadecimal), which I assume is the file header, but that's really it. I also tried to go on XeNTaX to see if I couldn't ask there about it, but I don't have an account nor the money to donate to register.

If anyone is able to try looking at the file type, it would be much appreciated. I'll leave a sample here (the game.TARC from NoR), and I'll provide any more samples if needed. Hopefully someone will finally make something out of this archive type.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!