Author Topic: Medaka Box Mafia - Night 4  (Read 115551 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »
I was confused for a second because I thought SB claimed ascetic, so I went to look back at what you guys were talking about, then saw the confusion was because CF7 got SB mixed up with BT <.< Unless SB is also a secret ascetiic again I supose it's not likely he forgot what his partner does. He also rolefished Rawr like a mofo and did nothing but vote him, so :V

Well, the competitors for today already seem to be lined up anyways. Oarfish has never been scum so I'm looking forward to him trying to make a wall of nonsense if he is. He should probably just claim since people are discussing quickhammering him.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #391 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:23 PM »
Votecount
Sky Paladin (5): NekoNekoRex, ActionDan, Serela, Sacchi Hikaru
O4rfish (2): Bardiche, Sky Paladin
SB (1): Shadoweh
Conqueror (0):
Serela (0):
Zakeri (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
Shadoweh (0):
Sacchi Hikaru (0):
ActionDan (0):
BT (0):
Bardiche (0):

Not voting: Conqueror, Zakeri, BT, SB, O4rfish

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

You have ~61.3 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:21:37 AM by Definitely Not Dormio »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #392 on: March 11, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »
*looks at votecount*
*crosses out Oarfish's name, substitutes with Sky Paladin*

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #393 on: March 11, 2014, 10:47:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm still reading since I decided to read everything from the beginning instead of just starting from page 9. Just dropping by to say that Kingault is obvtown in light of CF7's flip. Because that's apparently being discussed.

I'll just paste straight from my little virtual notepad because why not -

Kingault is town for some tiny things. Here (1) is a pretty good example. His comment on him being a waste of a lynch makes no sense in the context of Scum CF7 being run up already. Scum newbies post stuff like that when they think things might go downhill and/or they'll get wagoned soon. Except things were already going pretty bad, so it doesn't fit. CF7 trying to divert attention to Kingault for being a weak vote on his wagon (2) is also a pretty big deal.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16555.msg1077395.html#msg1077395
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16555.msg1077530.html#msg1077530

And I'm fine with the SkyPaladin lynch as things stand. Here, I'll do this pasting thing again. This is up to the end of page 8 -

Pretty confident SkyPaladin is the right thing for today. Trying to divert attention from CF7's wagon without addressing it by attacking Kingault's weak vote on said wagon. Actually holding an opinion on CF7 but not doing anything with it, which is worse than people being actively disinterested in the wagon because he was effectively ignoring the wagon despite thinking CF7 was scummy. (Hey, SkyPaladin, why'd you ignore the dominant wagon of D1 despite having an opinion on it? Hoped it would disappear eventually?) At some point he makes it clear that he "votes the peron who is most scummy" as a passive way of addressing his wagon placement and explaining why he's ignoring the CF7 wagon, but that doesn't work. You can't do that. It sounds fake as hell. His content out of context is bad anyway -  Kingault being an easy vote, calling my arguments and interpretation of play WIFOM (I'm still pissed at this, how the fuck is that WIFOM?)(this is kind of a chainsaw defense of CF7 in hindsight), blatant cheerleading of Bard's Serela case and being nothing less than unreasonble towards Serela's roleshens,

(it stops there)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #394 on: March 11, 2014, 10:52:17 PM »
Oh hey today is actually going pretty awesome

I'm totally up for SkyPal getting quickhammered before too long considering that we aren't going to have a night phase afterwords. Basically everyone seems to want him lynched, so.

Tired from work, will think about other things later. I'm not entirely sure what else I have to address, though. There -is- a third scum, though, probably, yeah, so I guess there is.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #395 on: March 11, 2014, 10:55:08 PM »
Err gonna correct something, SkyPal apparently just fails to understand some of my posts so feel free to ignore me lashing out on his 'WIFOM'. I'm not actually super duper quicklynch inclined to do this just yet, there's some doubt lingering but for the most part I think he's a very logical buddy. I'll try speeding up this reading session.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #396 on: March 11, 2014, 11:04:30 PM »
Kingault is town for some tiny things. Here (1) is a pretty good example. His comment on him being a waste of a lynch makes no sense in the context of Scum CF7 being run up already. Scum newbies post stuff like that when they think things might go downhill and/or they'll get wagoned soon. Except things were already going pretty bad, so it doesn't fit. CF7 trying to divert attention to Kingault for being a weak vote on his wagon (2) is also a pretty big deal.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16555.msg1077395.html#msg1077395
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16555.msg1077530.html#msg1077530
Elaborate a little? For 1) Scum newbies post stuff like that either as a form of defeatism/AtE or a way to sub in for content. Things were going bad, but I don't see why that would prevent him from posting something about him being a "waste of a lynch?"
As for 2), yes, but he never follows it up. There's one mention and then he's gone from his posts. Granted, CF7 also stopped posting around that time.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #397 on: March 11, 2014, 11:06:20 PM »

Actually, no, I lied. He mentioned Kingault one more time to say that he didn't want to vote for Kingault. I'm not sure what can be drawn from that though.

I do. And well... I can vote for Kingault. But it just doesn't seem right. Even tho his overall posting and jump on my wagon is bad, he's a relatively new player and i well... It just doesn't feel right. Still his reaction to Sky_P vote on him is not too good imo. I mean this part.
But sure, go for it. Lynch me and waste a day.
So, it's either this or blank unvote. Not sure which is worse.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #398 on: March 11, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »
Elaborate a little? For 1) Scum newbies post stuff like that either as a form of defeatism/AtE or a way to sub in for content. Things were going bad, but I don't see why that would prevent him from posting something about him being a "waste of a lynch?"
As for 2), yes, but he never follows it up. There's one mention and then he's gone from his posts. Granted, CF7 also stopped posting around that time.
My main drive here is that it just doesn't feel right if they're both scum. Like, you just jumped on the wagon of your buddy who's hogging all the townie attention, someone calls you out on your vote, you reply with "I don't care, go ahead"? In fact it would probably be more awkward coming from scum regardless of context. I'm seeing it as townie overall. Kind of walked away from the point I made but whatever.

As for the second point, notice that the Kingault thing never really picks up steam. I read it as a momentary attempt to bring something else to the spotlight. When that failed, obviously you move to something else, like Serela.

Conqueror

« Reply #399 on: March 11, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »
The thing is that I think there are a bunch of players who would have made CF7 claim something at deadline instead of trolling if they were scum with him. So it's either he had inactive/inexperienced teammates or he was being bussed (or both). Or there was no scum daytalk, but no one does that here.

Conqueror

« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2014, 11:13:45 PM »
My main drive here is that it just doesn't feel right if they're both scum. Like, you just jumped on the wagon of your buddy who's hogging all the townie attention, someone calls you out on your vote, you reply with "I don't care, go ahead"? In fact it would probably be more awkward coming from scum regardless of context. I'm seeing it as townie overall. Kind of walked away from the point I made but whatever.

As for the second point, notice that the Kingault thing never really picks up steam. I read it as a momentary attempt to bring something else to the spotlight. When that failed, obviously you move to something else, like Serela.
I know what you mean by that type of reply being townie and it is in a lot of contexts, but the thing is in context it just reads really fake. In the situation where he used it, it would have to be coming from a sassy/petulant player or someone getting lots of pressure, but Kingault gave that response to just the one vote and he doesn't strike me as someone with that kind of personality. ~*Mafia Psychology.*~

I'll concede on the second point given that the only other person voting Kingault that time was Sky.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #401 on: March 11, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »
I know what you mean by that type of reply being townie and it is in a lot of contexts, but the thing is in context it just reads really fake. In the situation where he used it, it would have to be coming from a sassy/petulant player or someone getting lots of pressure, but Kingault gave that response to just the one vote and he doesn't strike me as someone with that kind of personality. ~*Mafia Psychology.*~
I'll be honest, I don't really understand your psychology explanation. Why doesn't it absolve him if he's scum too?

Anyway I'm actually reading through his later posts on D1 and they're great. Not in the game sense. They're great trolls. I still can't help but feel they'd be weird from scum in the exact same way. Is that how he'd respond as scum whose divergence of play from his last game was being pointed out? I don't really think so.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #402 on: March 11, 2014, 11:37:41 PM »
BT, would you mind claiming your flavor character? This should clear up the strangeness that ActionDan and Medaka got from your role claim.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #403 on: March 11, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »
I'm really lazy this game

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #404 on: March 11, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »
OK, I'm here.  I'm reviewing. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #405 on: March 11, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »
BT, would you mind claiming your flavor character? This should clear up the strangeness that ActionDan and Medaka got from your role claim.
Eh, sure. Tokemichi Choujabaru. I'm physically incapable of bias, so apparently no one even bothers influencing me.

Conqueror

« Reply #406 on: March 11, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »
I meant for instance I could see town!Shadoweh or town!CF7 doing that in that position. Uh, lemme rephrase that. I think it's a personality thing that only some players would do if they were town.

Now that I'm trying to explain it I'm not really sure how to explain it now. But like, I can't help but think that Kingault would have tried harder in that position as town. Like, I've interacted with him outside of mafia contexts and he converses well enough. Although the more I think about it like this the more I'm coming around to the possibility he could have just been not in a mafia mood. So eh.

I think at this point my other main suspect (aside from Sky) is probably Zak.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #407 on: March 11, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »
I wouldn't try Zak. I would try Bard.

Here's a line about Zak from the magical notepad. Is kind of subjective and slightly unsubstantiated but it might get the point across -

Zak's persual of CF7 became really solid at one point, probably #165, where you can tell he's not putting priority on opening doors or skirting around the issue, instead opting to punch CF7 in the face for the scum he was. The line where he says there's no reason to change his vote really sells it to me. It's just such a good approach to the whole thing that I feel comfortable eliminating the "hard bussing" option.

As for Bard it's a mix of cases I disagree with and cases I disagree with and how I can't figure out why he ignored CF7 of all wagons. Bring back GLaDOS.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #408 on: March 11, 2014, 11:48:55 PM »
I'm still reading. Do I bother with SkyPal's #326? I really really don't want to.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #409 on: March 11, 2014, 11:54:02 PM »
I'm still stomaching the feeling that's telling me Sky's just a convenient mislynch so no I shouldn't be skipping over his content posts. It's just that it's a wild theory about Sacchi and Kingault? What's that one even about? I'm paranoid that it'll just end up being Dan Scum or something instead. Whatever, still reading.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »
For whatever shenanigans might happen, I'll be unavailable for the next hour and a half or so, I have a Web Technology test that I still need to study for because I was busy playing mafia.

I'll read the thread as soon as I'm back home.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2014, 12:09:52 AM »
still okay with lynching skypal

Don't lynch me.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #412 on: March 12, 2014, 12:22:30 AM »
Seeing as I'm up for lynch, I'll start by defending, and then see if I've got enough to make a case on somebody else. 

Let's review NNR's case. 

NNR's case is a fairly blatant misrep because he cherry picks from my posts, deliberately highlights things out of context, and selectively ignores what I did do.

Point 1:
Blithely ignored the CF7 wagon yesterday, most mentions of it were second-hand (referring to people who were voting CF7)

My vote on King was my second post of the game.  I was asleep when the CF7/BT thing went down, and I was suspicious of Rawr and BT because of the flavor overstep.  I was also suspicious of SB's self vote apparently for misreading his role pm.  How do you misread your role pm?  At the time I figured, well, maybe his role was posted in the scum quicktopic next to Kingaults, and SB read Kingault's by mistake.  Both players self voted during RVS.  That's the main reason for not focusing on the CF7 wagon.  I already had my target and I didn't want to waste time by pursuing some other case, especially when I had very little time to begin with.  I first picked up CF7 in my notes as "I feel like his address of NNR's weak vote is scumtwitch and his complaint against Conq is more of a 'its not fair' than anything else."

However, NNR neglected to include this. 

I then, later, posted a second post because I was getting pressure for voting Kingault.  In this post, I made some key statements about my stance on CF7, which are completely in line with everything I did day 1. 

Kingault's vote on CF7 was really bad so I voted him for it. 

Nobody has said that Kingault's vote was great.  Several people said his vote was awful. 

The main reason I didn't buy the case on CF7 was because "I'm seeing...I guess, I think BT is throwing out a lot of WIFOMing over the CF7 situation."  I didn't understand the case and BT's reasoning looked like WIFOM to me.  A little later, BT asked me to clarify why it was WIFOM, and I did clarify this. 

NNR actually quotes me on "I think there is some reason for people to vote CF7 this game (last game I defended him because there was no case); I just think Kingault's reason was truly awful and he's done literally nothing to either improve his vote or defend his current vote," which just restated why I was voting for Kingault over CF7.  Nobody is arguing that Kingault's vote is great.  Why, then, are you pinging me for challenging him on it?  I had no idea that Kingault was going to do literally nothing for the rest of the game (except OMGUS vote me in day 2, I should mention). 

Lastly, in my final main post, I said:

King voted CF7 so for this story to make any sense at all, CF7 is probably town, and Shadoweh/Serela are probably also town. 

There's no reason for me to say such an idiot thing if scum!CF7 was at L-2 and 99% likely to be lynched in a scenario where I am also scum. 

In the previous game, I defended CF7 quite heavily and even refused to vote alongside town to lynch him.  The case on CF7 was non-existent; in this game I conceded there probably was a case.  SB made an argument early today that if it wasn't for him, CF7 wouldn't have been lynched, which I have to query because isn't that the case for me also?  I didn't have to vote CF7; I could have camped on my quite justified Kingault vote. 

TL;DR  I didn't pursue CF7 because I thought I had a better target and I didn't understand the case on CF7. 

NNR's actual case against me is misrep:
"Meanwhile, he, of course, votes Kingault, mostly known as The Easiest Player To Vote In The Universe, basically decrying the evils of a newbie who really needs to just switch out from the game if he can't find the will to play. "

No, CF7 was the easiest player to vote in the Universe.  I could have done so without trouble and put CF7 at L-1, thus earning myself an easy slice of town cred had I voted for CF7 earlier in the day.  CF7 was probably going to be lynched so there was no reason for scum!Sky to avoid that wagon. 

It's a misrep because NNR presents a fake situation (that Kingault was the easiest vote) and that my vote was because Kingault is apparently a newbie.  I stated consistently that Kingault's vote was scummy and it was, in fact, the easiest vote in the Universe.  It's doubly misrep because NNR made this point out to be bigger than it really is. 

An he does so basically the whole day! At one point he switches to Alternate Wagon Lynch Serela, buuut eventually he goes back to Kingault despite there being basically no ground gaining on getting him lynched.

I stated the reasons for my Serela vote switch was because I was suspicious of the Hikari/Kingault interaction.  It's relevant because he is painting a picture of me hopping on to a wagon for no reason, intending to discredit my vote even more.  When I highlight this to NNR (that he completely ignored what I had done and why I had done it) he ignored what I had to say.  It's confirmation bias. 

At the end of deadline he FINALLY switched to CF7, mostly probably because if he didn't he'd look like obvscum who would rather no lynch then get on his buddy.

It's misrep because NNR is stating that my reason was probably to avoid looking like obvscum.  I stated that it was more valuable for a towny mislynch than a no-vote (which seemed possible, we only had the numbers very late in the phase).  NNR is only assuming scenarios where I am scum and ignoring the reality:  I thought Kingault was scum. 

NNR's summary is now pretty shaky so let's dismantle it completely. 

-Sky Paladin avoided the CF7 wagon because he didn't want to bus his buddy on D1.
It would have been easier and strategically more sound for scum!Sky to have bussed CF7, so this point doesn't hold water. 

-Sky Paladin sat on the Kingault vote because it's an ~easy~ and ~original~ case to make on a player who basically is playing the apathy game.
I voted in my second post for Kingault because he made a bad vote (which most players agree with); I had no way of knowing that King was going to apathy out the rest of the day, so this is an invalid argument. 

-Sky Paladin briefly switched to Serela because of ~role shenanigans~ being an equally easy mislynch to make.
-Sky Paladin attacks Sacchi for basically calling his bluff to smear his only vocal detractor.

These are related. 
NNR acknowledges here that my reason for vote switch was not actually to wagon Serela, despite saying that this was the reason for my vote, earlier.  In fact, this last throwaway line is the only time NNR actually mentions my play of the day, which was to test out of Sacchi was counter-voting me to defend Kingault, or not.  The answer appears to be a 'likely yes', indicating some kind of relationship between the two.  If you do consider that Kingault was bussing his scumbuddy, which is the best explanation for his awful vote, then that relationship is 'they are scumbuddies'.  Otherwise, I probably found the Masons again. 

Anyway, I just can't see how you can wrap your head to say "Sky's vote on Kingault was to save a scumbuddy" but won't consider "Kingault's bad vote was bussing a scum buddy." 

TL;DR
NNR's case is filled with misrep and confirmation bias.  It is baloney.  If you take any of his points and compare them to *what actually happened* it falls apart under inspection. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2014, 12:27:52 AM »
Okay don't "defend" if that's what's going to happen, no one is reading that, just state who your suspicions are if you really care.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #414 on: March 12, 2014, 12:28:30 AM »
NNR
Oh and SB is pretty scummy too for Not Scumhunting and for defending CF7 a whole bunch for basically no good reason.

This, however, is quite true.  I don't think NNR made a scummy case on me.  I think he honestly tried hard and somebody had to interrogate me for my actions the previous day.  Anybody not voting for CF7 needs to be asked why. 

Seeing as CF7 did flip town, the main argument for scum!Kingault is that he was bussing a scumbuddy.  Otherwise, it really is just an awful newbie vote. 

High on my scumpicks are SB (who I listed as number 3 after Kingault and Hikari), largely for let's quicklynch Sky day 1 and let's self vote by accident. 

##unvote
##vote SB

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #415 on: March 12, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »
Oh, one last thing. 

NNR's follow up post includes this quote:

"It was a gambit"

Magic words.

I never said it was a gambit.  NNR misquoted me for profit. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #416 on: March 12, 2014, 12:34:58 AM »
I'm up for that quicklynch. I can't treat this seriously. Content is so detached and scum-motivated it hurts.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #417 on: March 12, 2014, 12:36:13 AM »
Nobody will believe my role and you'll lynch me for it anyway, so I was going to fake claim something awesome like when I'm lynched everybody not involved in the lynch gets 1-shot vig. 

But then I sobered up and realised that was a terrible idea. 

I am vanilla town in a game where everybody else has like three abilities or more.  Since there's no night phase, this is THE best phase to mislynch, and it's way better to mislynch a vanilla than somebody who might have a role. 

So yes I am aware that claiming vanilla will almost certainly get me lynched sigh. 

When I flip town, please address in this order:
Please look at Kingault/Hikari interactions
Please look at SB behavior
Please check NNR for anti-town tendencies

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #418 on: March 12, 2014, 12:39:03 AM »
If you seriously rolled VT in this game then post-flip I'm going to feel bad for you.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #419 on: March 12, 2014, 12:41:04 AM »
Claim your flavor. Gotta have an excuse for being so pathetic.