Author Topic: Medaka Box Mafia - Night 4  (Read 115552 times)

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »
People who are saying CF7 is a newbie are wrong, but he's still not scummy.

Gonna try and pick up where I left off earlier now I guess.
noob =/= newb, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2014, 02:31:07 PM »
okay time to catch up with the game

Suddenly it feels like it was easier to play when I was scum >_> That hasn't been true before. I finally got to the point where it's easier to pick out scummy stuff when I know I don't have to worry about whether it's true or not.

Into page 5, sheeping Conq's read on Zak at #120 so far...

I almost want to vote SkyPal's #139 for voting the obvnewbie being derp but I admittedly had a similar reaction. ...actually, SkyPal's Dan vote was kind of hilarious, but, that was really early. No wait, his later vote is Kingault, that's not the biggest improvement >_> Okay, he has a review post after that, let's see. ...apart from the poke on obv!CF7 it's complaining about rvs and people admitting they probably have roles, in a role madness game.

Yeah SkyPal has done basically nothing but votepark the new player's questionable action.

##unvote ##Vote SkyPaladin

Still kind of unlike Zak but it's minor things that really don't add up to much. On the matter of CF7, I'm sorry if you take this as offensive, but from what I've seen I can't find any reason to consider you not an inexperienced player in any way other than technically you've joined a lot of games :V From that perspective CF7 looks like nothing special either way. He's not acting in a way that looks scummy from someone of his level and there are some small things that were mildly alright. I think he's getting supawagoned because people don't realize this is to be expected from CF7 and because there's not anyone else good to point fingers at that they've noticed. Let's point them at SkyPaladin :D
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2014, 03:33:51 PM »
Zakeri, if your top scumpicks are in order of mention CF7, Sky Paladin and Serela, then why is your vote on Serela? It honestly reads like a votepark considering you're voting him "until he develops reads [...]" on basically others. That's an extremely lazy vote if you can just abandon it once Serela does develop reads.

Everyone is scum in this game.

Serela posts waffles. It's like it's a true blue Serela again. Being all Serela. Channelling the Serela hard. Cheerleading a Zak wagon somewhat tacitly? I don't even what this shit is supposed to be but it looks like Serela started putting in effort now that votes are coming, which leads me to think that he wasn't planning on putting any effort if his lack of it had gone unnoticed. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, but Serela's early D1 consisted of Not Playing The Game and his efforts thus far are a gigantic waste of words to basically say, "Sky Paladin hasn't done much" (how ironic) and "CF7 is a newbie :3", which again smells like he's trying to be helpful and padding his post sizes with his quasi-helpful but unneeded advices.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
>serela posts waffles
whuh?

>Cheerleading a Zak wagon
Uh, I mean I guess you can say this, but I don't know how bad it sounds when there's not a terribly large amount of interest in Zak being lynched iirc. Are you complaining I have more than one person I find scummy at all?

And yeah, what you said pretty much explicitly says "Serela actually put in effort, which is scummy." Dude. >_>;

You also complain that I actually explain why I think SkyPal's current content is terrible, and complain that I try to give reasons against the CF7 lynch, which has been by far a leading wagon for most of the day and if I don't want him lynched I'm not just going to sit here and ignore it if I have anything to say about it.

It's like you'd think I'm less scummy if I just didn't post >_>;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
Like, seriously, if you think I should just go "SkyPal is meh. #vote" then you can go fuck off. And if you think I should ignore CF7 who looks to be the most likely lynch today, over explaining why I don't want to have him lynched, you can also go fuck off. You're explicitly saying I shouldn't have any reasoning for my opinions.

Bardiche

« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2014, 03:53:21 PM »
No, see, you people can go fuck off who have to take every goddamn Mafia game as a personal attack.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2014, 03:58:12 PM »
Mafia normally doesn't bother me. But then you're just like "Serela waffled. Terrible" when the only non-completely-clear opinion is one on Zakeri that is fairly minor and took up a short sentence, but more importantly, "Serela put in effort. This is scummy." and "Serela gave an explanation why their target is bad. This is scummy.", as well as "Serela gave a reason the huge wagon of the day isn't worth lynching. So scummy." This is the extent of your response to my post. There's nothing actually there, it's just ad hominem and baseless accusations.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #187 on: March 09, 2014, 04:04:50 PM »
BEFORE I COMMIT ABUSE OF POWER FOR SPITE

Bow before me, BT!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
I mean, you have no idea how self-satisfying it would be to just use it on Bard and then get to ignore him until tomorrow, but this will actually get something done other apart from causing Everyone Is Mad

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #189 on: March 09, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »
(I'll announce whether or not BT is actually ascetic, e.g. whether or not something happened, after dormio returns to react)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #190 on: March 09, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
I hope this isn't some info role you've just wasted on me. >_>

(Don't answer, but, yeah.)

Bardiche

« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2014, 04:13:30 PM »
Because I already posted about others previous and my opinions on them haven't changed. Do I need to regurgitate my own opinions for you to be less "waaah ad hominem"?

You putting in a small modicum of token effort after being voted seems scummy because it's fuckall for effort and just a tiny bit, mostly supplemented by your goddamn waffling and a wall of "CF7 is newbie" and I don't even know what you're trying to say about his wagon, like, is it SCUMMY that people are voting him or what? You're looking at the wagon and saying people don't realise x or y or whatever shit but you form no opinion on those people and instead snipe at Sky Paladin for "producing little content" where my accusation on you is exactly the same.

Producing a little content to get the people voting you for having little content on your back isn't acceptable. If you just put in token effort so people stop looking at you what the fucking hell do you goddamn expect?

And in response to that you're going all "wah wah Bard is being insulting!". No, now I'm being insulting.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
NOW you actually have legitimate statements against me :D Success

Anyway no, if it was scummy of the people on CF7 to be there I would have said so. There's not exactly an abundance of scummy-looking people running around and it's not surprising it got latched onto. Yeah, I'd figure there's probably scum on there, but hell if I know who it is. My statement is supposed to try to convey some explanation of why CF7 isn't explicitly scummy for what he's done for the purpose of hoping it might encourage anyone to look elsewhere and get off his wagon. (If you think it's a pointless endeavor, well, "hoping" and "might" are there for a reason.)

Anyway BT don't worry, I wouldn't waste something really cool on confirming an ascetic I don't have a reason to doubt.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
I need to like, write a note on my monitor to always check that emote disabler button, I forget too often :C The situations I want it active are few.

Anyway, SkyPal has Actually Been Here and Actually Been Posting, yet getting nothing done. He votes Dan off actually playing well so far, his "serious" vote is prodding a new player who doesn't understand what they're doing, and the post that expresses all his thoughts on the game is just roleshenanigans in rolemadness and talking about the RVS self votes. There's one poke on big wagon CF7 in there. IMO he has no opinions at all, since the Kingault one may as well be dust in the wind and the roleshens are pointless.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #194 on: March 09, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
Sacchi: do you have any reads on non Sky players? That's a big wallpost for something that barely said a thing.

I don't really like the Zak case tbh, I felt like he was the only one who voted CF7 who actually tried to look past the actions themselves and look for the intent behind them. His post where he votes for Serela read completely genuine to me too.

NNR: why am I scum? Just because I disagree with your assessment of CF7? That's a bad reason.

Sky: Misreading something at 7am makes me scum how? Also everyone has a PR, it's a role madness game.

I need to read up on the last page of stuff, but yeah.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2014, 06:15:19 PM »
Hey, Sacchi. I'm just curious. You wrote that Kingault's vote was really bad, but then voted me anyway. Can you please clarify why you didn't vote Kingault?

Kingault's post was bad, yes, but I also feel that you're way too opportunistic for immediately hopping on him, and which is really scummy behaviour, especially now that people are starting to dismiss the CF7 wagon. Plus, I don't feel any "scum" intent coming from Kingault's bad post, just, you know, the post itself is bad.

Of course, his reaction amounting to "sure, whatever" is something I would really like to get a clarification on.

Sacchi: do you have any reads on non Sky players? That's a big wallpost for something that barely said a thing.

Not at that moment, no, but this little exchange between Bard and Serela has made me wary of both, especially Bard since it seems like he completely ignored my request for his reads on anybody not named Sacchi/Serela/CF7.

However, I also feel like you cleared CF7 way too easily, which is actually kind of suspicious since you seem to be (one of) the few not considering him a newbie. Care to clarify on that?

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
Stuff.
I just don't really care whether I get lynched or not because I doubt I'll come up with anything of value.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »
I just don't really care whether I get lynched or not because I doubt I'll come up with anything of value.
;_;.

Bardiche

« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »
Part of me thinks going, "Hey guys I'm a waste of a power slot" would make all scum think eight times before shooting Kingault and it's just a wonderful gambit plot to coast to endgame as Town Cop and then bust everyone's asses with guilty reports all over the place.

Bardiche

« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »
I want to believe.

Bardiche

« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »
Power slot == player slot lol

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
"He's just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good!"
"He's gone, dad."
"I know." :<

He's town, Bard. Really probably town. God is Dead.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2014, 07:26:44 PM »
Kingault? Probably.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »
Yeah mmm the most I came up with from this read-through is a bunch of townreads. Just makes me want to stay on CF7. He's still showing a lack of initiative and "rawr is town now, kingault is scum" came way too easily like he was just trying to reach a read quota.

The other people I'd like look at are NNR, Conq and Bard for content that "checks out" but feels a bit off in places. Off the top of my head, Conq's take on CF7 and NNR in #120 (didn't feel like he read some of the CF7 cases, and NNR's vote on SkyPaladin was unique enough), NNR's take of CF7 and Zak in #154 (not sure what exactly bothers me about the CF7 thing but his opionion on Zak feels like it's using the wrong reasons, like what does "pushes it a bit while not being hyperagressive" even mean, is he even addressing the cases on Zak here and what's he doing if he isn't?) and Bard's comment on Zak in #182 (outright dislike this one, Zak explains his opinion on CF7 well and explains why he chose to vote Serela instead just as clearly, calling it a lazy vote is just scummy). NNR would probably be off the hook if CF7 flips scum despite his thing with worrying about the wagon size.

Sacchi might be worth looking into as well. People pointed out how he's paranoid and that's good (IDR who) but I think he's overdoing it, like he's pointing out every little thing because why not. Take the comment on Bard/Serela for exampe.

There's Dan and rawr too. Shadoweh, how sure are you on these guys? I'm kind of like "eh idk". rawr being proactive is fantastic (seriously) but I'm not sure it's indicative of anything. It kind of felt like he ignored me or other people telling him about CF7 just so he could talk more about me.

Don't find anyone else interesting.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2014, 07:30:59 PM »
I guess I'm not sold about Serela either, but I want to think his response to Bard in the #180s #190s range wouldn't come from scum because he could just fold up and admit his content is unimpressive and I'm not getting that from his tone/content. Or someone could update me on Serela's scum meta since I haven't followed last game, but I dunno.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2014, 07:52:48 PM »
BT's post seems... off.

Not in a way I can describe.

Maybe it's just because he was gone until now so it all had to come at once.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »
Votecount
CF7 (4): NekoNekoRex, Shadoweh, BT, Kingault
Zakeri (2): ActionDan, Conqueror
Serela (2): Bardiche, Zakeri
Sky Paladin (2): Sacchi Hikaru, Serela
NekoNekoRex (1): SB
BT (1): DrRawr
Kingault (1): Sky Paladin
Shadoweh (0):
Dr Rawr (0):
ActionDan (0):
SB (0):
Sacchi Hikaru (0):
Conqueror (0):
Bardiche (0):

Not voting: CF7
With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

You have ~16 hours remaining.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2014, 08:22:36 PM »
BT's post seems... off.

Not in a way I can describe.

Maybe it's just because he was gone until now so it all had to come at once.
Might be that I rushed it out, because I felt that was the most effective way. I mostly have gut pointers as to where to look at and I gave some vague input to explain why I think that way.

If you're looking for a response from Dormio, you should have gotten it at this point, by the way.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »
To be honest i'm not sure whom i really want to vote for atm. Maybe Zak, maybe Serela. Maybe even Conq. Still i'll be around the deadline and i guess i'll vote then.
##Vote Serela for now.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:08 PM »
Yeah, BT's ascetic.

...cf7 you aren't helping me believe you're null