Author Topic: Medaka Box Mafia - Night 4  (Read 104800 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »
Votecount
CF7 (3): NekoNekoRex, Shadoweh, BT
Dr Rawr (2): Zakeri, CF7
Shadoweh (2): Serela, Conqueror
ActionDan (1): Sky Paladin
SB (1): DrRawr
NekoNekoRex (1): SB
Zakeri (1): ActionDan
Kingault (1): Kingault
Serela (1): Bardiche
Sacchi Hikaru (0):
Conqueror (0):
Sky Paladin (0):
BT (0):
Bardiche (0):

Not voting: Sacchi Hikaru
With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

You have ~49 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:40:56 PM by Definitely Not Dormio »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2014, 11:14:02 AM »
Shadoweh should post why she's voting. BT, is that a prodvote or a serious suspicion?
Generally when a post is followed by an immediate vote, one can assume the whole of the terrible, terrible post is the cause.
Waffling on Conq's Schrodinger's Hated Alignment is the epitome of wasted words.
Also Rawr's post aren't weird, they're Rawr-y. Why didn't you ask CF7 the same question considering his vote reason is just as non-existant, but disguised behind a paragraph of nonsense?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2014, 11:37:56 AM »
NNR feels off to me. I feel like he's trying too hard to look like he's contributing and force people into making solid votes when they don't have any reason to with no reads.
No opinions are just as bad as having terrible opinions. We're out of RVS, and if people are going to hunt scum they should have a vote down.
Not a lot's happened so not having a serious vote is perfectly acceptable, and you look like you're basically trying to push people as scum for not having reads, but then they're the only reads that you have, which doesn't really work.
Since it's so soon out of RVS, I'm not asking for a rock solid vote, just one that isn't a joke.
 It's an easy litmus test for scum, town are more likely to be paranoid and vote everything that moves at the beginning.

Anyways I'm not actually voting exclusively over lack of votes. I have a bunch of minor reasons to vote CF7 right now, such as him not doing much until prodded, and trying to pass the buck to other people with quotes like this:
Also, Conq here does the same thing, let's all vote him for it
and for generally being wishy-washy and reliant on rolespec.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
i also agree with shadoweh that his vote also seems kind of like a lazy asspull that he only did in response to my prod.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
i also agree with shadoweh that his vote also seems kind of like a lazy asspull that he only did in response to my prod.
Because as i said i'm still undecided. So far nothing much happened. And Rarw posts seem kind off to me. So that's pretty much it.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
For some reason that vote count doesn't look quite right but I can't really tell

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »
/shrug
I just asked a question. Also, Conq here does the same thing, let's all vote him for it.
Uhh, no He didn't. You specifically asked
Quote from: Post 33
Do you get some special stuff for selfvoting?
Which is a question directly asking about his role. Conqueror's Question is open-ended
Were you trying to achieve anything specifically with your self-vote?
It's a Yes or no question, with the implications that the answerer would put down a reason if they had one. Conq doesn't imply the reasoning has to do with King's Role.

The "rolefishing" feels like he stumbled accidentally without realizing it, and the vote on Rawr is null for me, but the way CF7 is trying to handle the pressure from people calling out his rolefishing feels scummy to me.
##Unvote: Rawr
##Vote: CF7

CF7 it would help if you pointed out the parts of Rawr's posts that seem off so other people could comment on it.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
Well alright, I'll have to agree with people here that CF7's posts are feeling pretty half-assed to me.

##Vote: CF7.

What exactly do you think is weird about rawr's posts?

Oh, and for the record guys, just call me Sacchi, that goes for Dormio too for votecount reasons, it's kinda weird seeing people calling me by the full thing :V

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
Oh, and I'll have to leave for a while (dunno exactly how long, probably not much more than an hour though) because I have a special party to go to and actually I'm late so seeyall.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »
I will continue to keep my vote on zakeri for putting these two sentences together: "2. Scum ascetics shouldn't be targetted" and "3.scum that isn't ascetic would be easy to catch lying via vig"

Anything can be caught lying via vig.  And nothing else is going to target the ascetic. 

I said BTs claim was strange because save for later reasons.

CF7 does seem to stumble around and I could vote him for it.

I'd question conqs shadoweh vote.  I do not like it

Don't lynch me.

CF7

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2014, 01:18:33 PM »
@Zak.
Both questions are implying some self-profit from self-voting. And both are questioning reasons for self-voting. Somehow mine is scummy and Conq's is not.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »
Generally when a post is followed by an immediate vote, one can assume the whole of the terrible, terrible post is the cause.
Waffling on Conq's Schrodinger's Hated Alignment is the epitome of wasted words.
Also Rawr's post aren't weird, they're Rawr-y. Why didn't you ask CF7 the same question considering his vote reason is just as non-existant, but disguised behind a paragraph of nonsense?

I know, but specific reasons are better to look back on later for contradictions etc. It's not like other people haven't had filler posts either. And how is CF7 supposed to know Rawr's playstyle? iirc the only time they played together was part of Villains D1, and that was anon anyway, so expecting him to know Rawr's playstyle from that is just bad imo. CF7's reason was weak, yeah, but at least it was there.

I'm not overly fond of BT's vote but that's mostly gut I can't do anything about.

No opinions are just as bad as having terrible opinions. We're out of RVS, and if people are going to hunt scum they should have a vote down. Since it's so soon out of RVS, I'm not asking for a rock solid vote, just one that isn't a joke.
 It's an easy litmus test for scum, town are more likely to be paranoid and vote everything that moves at the beginning.

So basically you're saying you want people's posts to be bad because of X, not because of Y? What's the point in that? It was definitely reasonable to have no legit suspicions at that point. Town aren't always going to be more paranoid earlygame, you get tryhard scum fishing for early towncred for breaking out of RVS and stuff like that.

Dan, how is Zak scum for making an error in one of his posts? That's just picking on errors, not actually scumhunting at all.

I think CF7 is a townie who posted carelessly and got wagoned for it, tbh. The rolefish is pretty much like what Zak described, and then it sort of escalated and he just seems annoyed that nobody applied the same logic to Conq. It didn't look like he was trying to smear Conq so much as call people out for inconsistent scumhunting.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2014, 03:17:50 PM »
@Kingault: Were you trying to achieve anything specifically with your self-vote? Just wondering, as SB already did it before you.

I wanted to get my joke vote out of the way.
[conspiracymode] Why do you call me out on this? Are you perhaps scum, trying to pin someone else for even the smallest thing?[/conspiracy]

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2014, 04:21:29 PM »
I wanted to get my joke vote out of the way.
[conspiracymode] Why do you call me out on this? Are you perhaps scum, trying to pin someone else for even the smallest thing?[/conspiracy]
>:V Hey Kingu what do you think of voting Conq over it, maybe he is scum looking for your mislynch.
How about CF7? He's pretty annoyed, could be scum, tell us about it.
We're a little past jokey now, let's hear some non-joke's thoughts.

SB: That post is 'weirdy' is not a reason you can hold someone to. It also has nothing to do with player style, really. You're self-supplying what weird means because CF7 didn't explain himself. I don't think Rawr has made a scummy post, so something that superficial and imo wrong isn't going to fly with me.

For CF7's sake I would accept actually pointing out something that felt 'off' rather then a blaze it just does.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Sb we cannot know the reason why a scum zak would post that.  We can know that a town zak would likely pay more attention to detail if he was to give much weight to what he said.

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »
Serela posts since my vote on him:
Response to ##JUSTICE!!!
General speculation on the votecount error and gameplay explanation
Clarifying the Ascetic role
Vote on Shadoweh 'mostly joking', silly to have Town read on Serela

The two posts preceding that are:
Jokevote on ActionDan
and
Questioning what's strange about Ascetic claim

Looking at these posts, you can say that exactly 0% of his posts constitute scumhunting or attempting to weed out the liars from the honest. Instead we have jokevote garbage even after the game had sufficiently entered a serious enough stage to get things done. More criminally even after I voted Serela for perpetuating jokevote phase he still puts a vote on Shadoweh "mostly joking". And that it's silly to read Serela as Town.

IDK man, that sounds like a Freudian slip to me and that's fine enough at this stage.

CF7 seems like the easy vote on newbies still. I only consider NNR's vote appreciable there. I'd borrow sugar from him without fearing for getting shanked. Sacchi looks like blatant hopping on the bandwagon, especially considering the "me too" part. Is there no one else you consider worthy talking about or are you just going to regurgitate popular arguments?

Town aren't always going to be more paranoid earlygame, you get tryhard scum fishing for early towncred for breaking out of RVS and stuff like that.

Please clarify: Do you mean to say that you find people who break us out of RVS are scummy?

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2014, 06:20:30 PM »
Vig was the only thing that came to mind as the one role I'd bother shooting an Ascetic with. It'd have to be an investigative role otherwise and a strong chance to gain no information doesn't help anyone, not even the Ascetic.

CF7: I don't want to spend too much time on semantics because I'm convinced it might be too subtle, but basically people targeted your question because it was leading and would have causes whoever was asked to respond with some knowledge about his role unless he specifically tried to avoid doing so.

Quote from: Shadoweh 103
For CF7's sake I would accept actually pointing out something that felt 'off' rather then a blaze it just does.
quoting this so CF7 can read it again in case he scoffed and/or ignored it in Shadoweh's post above.

CF7

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »
How should i say. It just feels weird. Call it guts. For example SB claimed ascetic. Rawr says that claim is weird based on Rawr's own role. There might be 2 ascetics, sure, but on other hand Rawr never said that he's ascetic. Then there were posts about figuring out roles of some people. It's D1 no info and it's rolemadness so any role can has any alignment and all that. Maybe he's just extremely knowlegable of Medaka Box, i don't know. And all this. I dunno. As i said, weird.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »
I think CF7 is a townie who posted carelessly and got wagoned for it, tbh. The rolefish is pretty much like what Zak described, and then it sort of escalated and he just seems annoyed that nobody applied the same logic to Conq. It didn't look like he was trying to smear Conq so much as call people out for inconsistent scumhunting.
Actually, he's not calling anyone out for it. Therein lies the problem.

How should i say. It just feels weird. Call it guts. For example SB claimed ascetic. Rawr says that claim is weird based on Rawr's own role. There might be 2 ascetics, sure, but on other hand Rawr never said that he's ascetic. Then there were posts about figuring out roles of some people. It's D1 no info and it's rolemadness so any role can has any alignment and all that. Maybe he's just extremely knowlegable of Medaka Box, i don't know. And all this. I dunno. As i said, weird.
So you notice rawr doing weird stuff because maybe he has knowledge or... whatever it is you're trying to say. Why would that make him scum? It feels like you voted him because he was doing weird stuff and your explanation now failed to deliver when people called you out for it.

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2014, 06:51:21 PM »
No where did I mention my role was involved with anyone else's. Also yea I read medaka box and dormios games pretty heavy on the flavor.

Also I kinda agree with bards post about serela. Town serela would have fashioned himself into a waffle iron but still have placed a vote on someone.

Currently wouldn't vote cf7 do to reading his follow up on conq and the vote on me

Action Dan is a pretty cool guy so far also.

I'll post my other thoughts, votes, and reads later because

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2014, 06:54:55 PM »
I'm making a frownie face reading BT post

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »
Basically, I could see someone voting someone else because they were weird at a glance, and when they have to try and explain why they voted they start breaking down that someone's posts in a way that doesn't mean anything, like CF7 just did to rawr. It's more likely that scum would put down a snap vote like that. It was after NNR told him to vote, so yeah, it could be that CF7 did it as town, but the rest of his content thus far is how Conq is likely town for the hated claim, which only came after a prod, and a pure defense of the rolefishing thing.

CUT: I'd like rawr's thoughts on my interpretation, then. By the way, flavor knowledge or not, I didn't say anything about my flavor, so how can you know who my character is, or Conq's?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
I don't really think my vote was bad at the time I did it, "I think Shadoweh having a townclear on me already seems kinda weird, plus I have meta for strongly buddying up to people who like me apparently" seems like a decent enough reason to vote

if it's because I said "mostly joking" well yeah it's a barely-not-rvs vote and I wanted it to be clear that I'm not actually putting a lot of stock into Shadoweh being scum just for having a townclear on me >:V

Game has been progressing more but I apparently have to go get dragged places because "it would be good for you to leave the house" and sit around bored somewhere so I'll have to pay attention later `-` Vote might be a little outdated but I think it still stands enough, especially considering other people think my stuff so far is pretty bleh so that's arguably evidence Shadoweh's townclear is weird and probably unwarranted
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »
CUT: I'd like rawr's thoughts on my interpretation, then. By the way, flavor knowledge or not, I didn't say anything about my flavor, so how can you know who my character is, or Conq's?
oh, yeah, I did think this stuff was super weird too

But I didn't pursue it because there's no apparent reason it would come from scum at all
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2014, 06:59:42 PM »
Ducks
##unvote
##vote: BT

Feels like scum adding fuel to the fire by nit picking at cf7 post

Cut-
@BT because WUMBO FLAVOR was used in this game and I'm surprised my phone s spell check didn't catch wumbo

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2014, 07:12:18 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with what I'm saying, so it's probably your bias at CF7 talking. Why do you think he's town off of those posts of his you mentioned?

ActionDan

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:05 PM »
Ducks
##unvote
##vote: BT

Feels like scum adding fuel to the fire by nit picking at cf7 post

Cut-
@BT because WUMBO FLAVOR was used in this game and I'm surprised my phone s spell check didn't catch wumbo

I think you are a cool dude, but I think BT's summary is more or less accurate

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »
His interpretation of my "weird" post doesn't seem incredibly scummy. I also don't think him placing a vote down after nnr told him to is bad. I mean unless you were expecting him to say no?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2014, 08:56:00 PM »
Sky Paladin has been prodded.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2014, 09:58:45 PM »
>:V Hey Kingu what do you think of voting Conq over it, maybe he is scum looking for your mislynch.
How about CF7? He's pretty annoyed, could be scum, tell us about it.
We're a little past jokey now, let's hear some non-joke's thoughts.

Hm...
Honestly, I can't tell who has the possibility of being scum, other than CF7. Even then, I think it might be due to being a "noob" instead.
DrRawr/Conq/SB... yeah I've no clue.
As for voting Conq over his response to me...  doesn't really seem scummy to me.(Not sure if you were serious or not.)

Hm... CF7 could be acting like a noob on purpose...
Bah, it's not like I can think of any better options at this point.
##Unvote
##Vote: CF7