Author Topic: Medaka Box Mafia - Night 4  (Read 115550 times)

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #540 on: March 12, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »
NNR, I know you don't believe my claim and are sure I'm scum, but will you not look at this situation with Oarfish?  If you want to consider a double bus AT LEAST you can shift your vote or /in spirit. 

I mean this guy!  If you didn't have role shenanigans!  And the mod says you can't game the setup.  Whelp!  Even when I flip town, are you going to look at Oarfish?
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #541 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:52 PM »
I'm starting to think this game cannot progress without a Sky Paladin lynch because people are so hung up over it, but I sincerely believe we do not need a Sky Paladin lynch. To everyone who is so stubborn: Imagine Sky Paladin does not exist. He has been modkilled. No flip.

Who is scum and why?

Sky Pal what do you mean with the part after "you can shift your vote or"? That's particular wording. I wouldn't touch that wording if I were anyone. I don't mean to sound Whiplash levels of paranoia, but that wording's pretty unique. I'd like to test it. With acid. And a deadly neuro-toxin.

Bardiche

Re: Medaka Box Mafia - Confirmation Phase
« Reply #542 on: March 12, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
Well if I can't lynch Skypal's buddies I'll just lynch Skypal himself

IRONY, OR SCUM REFUGE IN AUDACITY?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #543 on: March 12, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »
I mean that if NNR wants to consider that Oarfish and I are scum, then why won't he vote for the person who is actually scummier.  As in, shift his vote to Oarfish. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #544 on: March 12, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »
The most likely candidates would be those who either
defended CF7, ignored CF7, or quickbussed CF7;
coinciding with those whom CF7 defended, or ignored, or attacked followed by a swift and accurate rebuttal.

I wasn't actually looking for evidence implicating anyone besides Shadoweh and Skypal, so ...
yeah, sorry. Hopefully I'll have that soon here.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Bardiche

« Reply #545 on: March 12, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »
IRONY, OR SCUM REFUGE IN AUDACITY?

this is a joke by the way for all you humour-hating scum

The most likely candidates would be those who either
defended CF7, ignored CF7, or quickbussed CF7;
coinciding with those whom CF7 defended, or ignored, or attacked followed by a swift and accurate rebuttal.

I wasn't actually looking for evidence implicating anyone besides Shadoweh and Skypal, so ...
yeah, sorry. Hopefully I'll have that soon here.

"hey guys I was only looking for shit to fling on Shadoweh but didn't get enough, trying again with someone else now"

scum choochoo

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #546 on: March 12, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »
I'm starting to think this game cannot progress without a Sky Paladin lynch because people are so hung up over it

This is kind of my thought as well, and to be honest I was okay with it right up until Dormio said that I had fake claimed.  Then I was RAAAAGE OH NO YOU DONT.  Because I expected to get hammered immediately after, this extra 12 hours has been a massive drain. 

I'll never self-vote because I never give up.  There's a few people who haven't voted yet, and it's about to hit 2 am. I should have gone to bed hours ago.   But I'll be very surprised if I wake up tomorrow still in the game.  I've lost my edge for the night and I'm just sitting on caffiene. 

But people are WRONG on the internet.  How can I just go to bed?

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #547 on: March 12, 2014, 04:47:51 PM »
This is kind of my thought as well, and to be honest I was okay with it right up until Dormio said that I had fake claimed.  Then I was RAAAAGE OH NO YOU DONT.  Because I expected to get hammered immediately after, this extra 12 hours has been a massive drain. 

I'll never self-vote because I never give up.  There's a few people who haven't voted yet, and it's about to hit 2 am. I should have gone to bed hours ago.   But I'll be very surprised if I wake up tomorrow still in the game.  I've lost my edge for the night and I'm just sitting on caffiene. 

But people are WRONG on the internet.  How can I just go to bed?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #548 on: March 12, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
I don't mean to sound Whiplash levels of paranoia

Bard, I know you know we both remember who was who in that game, so just pretend I put all the angry emoticons and gifs and demotivational posters and such into this post pointed at you, all right?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #549 on: March 12, 2014, 04:50:07 PM »
I mean this last 12 hours literally happened in response to Conqueror's question to Dormio.  I already went down the "Well, maybe Conqueror has an ability that let's him get fake answers from the mod" but we know that all day abilities are cancelled today due to the day effect posted, so there's nothing like that. 

I was totally prepared to just die in the bum when I posted...here.  I thought that was going to be my last post of the game. 

But then I had a reason to fight :VVVVVVV  JUSTICE.  I HAD TO COME BACK.  I couldn't just die quietly like that.  Part of me wishes I did, because, I had so much to do today and it's all been mafia.  ANd already I am borrowing time from tomorrow.  Damn it.  This was supposed to be my day off.  Instead I spent all day arguing.  Ugh.  Well.  I'll wait 10 more minutes I guess, then I gotta say goodnight. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #550 on: March 12, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
Bard, I know you know we both remember who was who in that game, so just pretend I put all the angry emoticons and gifs and demotivational posters and such into this post pointed at you, all right?

I imagine all your posts being filled with spiteful glares at me. I admit, I was having a little fun that game intentionally using green just to rile you up. It isn't like I hated you, or anything. Oh wait. I did. I wanted to make you cringe. Did you have fun? Because I had fun. Lots of it. Alongside with everyone else. You know, your loved ones. We all made fun of you. Some more than others. Your mother especially.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #551 on: March 12, 2014, 04:52:33 PM »
I mean that if NNR wants to consider that Oarfish and I are scum, then why won't he vote for the person who is actually scummier.  As in, keep his vote exactly where it is.
fixed that up for you mate
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #552 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »
You'd better get used to the taste of crow, then. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #553 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:55 PM »
Oarfish could totes be scum (although the double bus thing seems a bit highly unlikely, but I still have gut I could look to in BT, Shadoweh, or Bard as possible other scum candidates. Maybe Conq or Sacchi but those feel less likely.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #554 on: March 12, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »
Actually, it would be a triple bus - this whole mess started because I picked up Oarfish/King for their scummy vote on CF7.  But hey let's ignore that and go with Sky must be scum because NNR said so.  Guess what, I'm not!  Your case is misrep and confirmation bias.  But I'm not voting you, because I think Oarfish is scum.  I'm asking you to consider the same. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #555 on: March 12, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
Again, if it's a double or triple scum bus or something, then you are a glorious, suicidal bastard (meant as a compliment).

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #556 on: March 12, 2014, 05:02:53 PM »
Well, 2 am, time for bed.

The mod reminds us here:

"Every player is guaranteed to have a power role of some sort."

Dormio did not explicitly state 'when', implying that there might be roles at a later date, and therefore vanilla town is plausible at the moment. 

"Attempt to game the setup at your own risk."  Which is what you are doing by voting me for setup speculation on day 2. 

Cut by NNR:
I would love for that to be the truth because then I would not have this impossible situation before me.  Alas; the reality is crueler and far more simple.  We were deceived in some form or another. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #557 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:36 PM »
Except I still have a bighuge case in you from earlier that I believe in.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #558 on: March 12, 2014, 05:07:33 PM »
I am going to sign off here. 

Bard, in case you were waiting for it, I do not require a mercy bullet.  I am confident that being naturally hammered by either a scum or a well-meaning but blundering townsperson will be more helpful to town than to put me out of my misery.  I do truly appreciate the effort that both you and Shadoweh went to in pushing back a runaway train. 

I reread Zak's case on BT and I agree it does seem plausible.  I don't have solid scumreads on anybody really, except Oarfish.  I think SB is probably scummy.  Hikari's alignment is conditional on Oarfish's flip, if Oarfish is town, then there's no reason for me to suspect Hikari. 

So my final scumpicks before goodnight are Oarfish and SB.  If I had more time I'd have another look at BT. 

In summary, everything I've said is as I've said, I don't understand why the mod set things up like this, but I presume my flip will reveal something useful. 

Goodnight, and good luck town. 

Cut:  Your case is bad. 

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
« Reply #559 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
and more importantly, wrong.

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #560 on: March 12, 2014, 05:09:46 PM »
He wouldn't have thought softclaiming PR's was weird if he knew everyone had one.

...This is actually a good point.

##Unvote

Don't know if I want a quickhammer, catching up on other stuff now.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #561 on: March 12, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
and more importantly, wrong.
Fine, let's review your defense.
NNR's case is a fairly blatant misrep because he cherry picks from my posts, deliberately highlights things out of context, and selectively ignores what I did do.
I 'cherrypicked' quotes past the first 90 posts (I stop reading the first 90 after ED1), finding your direct mentions of CF7 (or most of them, I'm not perfect), because you seemed like you were refusing to look at CF7 as a case at all. The quotes I find (and what you pull up) mostly put the nail in the head.

I didn't pull up quotes where you mentioned people voting CF7 for :reasons: because those aren't direct mentions and have nothing to do with your actual read on CF7, except for stupid assumptions like
King voted CF7 so for this story to make any sense at all, CF7 is probably town, and Shadoweh/Serela are probably also town. 
(which is pure speculation)

All your opinions on CF7 are wishy-washy, which is strange when it was the leading wagon all day. IMO you are scum who didn't want to associate with it by pushing someone else, hoping that town would eventually get tired of it and jump on something else. By distancing you make sure that people can't directly link you with CF7 as your scumbuddy, without outright defending him.

NNR's actual case against me is misrep:
"Meanwhile, he, of course, votes Kingault, mostly known as The Easiest Player To Vote In The Universe, basically decrying the evils of a newbie who really needs to just switch out from the game if he can't find the will to play. "
No, CF7 was the easiest player to vote in the Universe.  I could have done so without trouble and put CF7 at L-1, thus earning myself an easy slice of town cred had I voted for CF7 earlier in the day.  CF7 was probably going to be lynched so there was no reason for scum!Sky to avoid that wagon. 
But this isn't true. Kingault is much easier to vote, simply because he isn't doing anything. CF7 was a more scum-motivated player, but he was 'trying' and he originated as an ED1 case. It's easy to just blow that thing off. But Kingault was apathetic and his vote was pathetically jumpy. Easy case, easy vote.

CF7 was probably going to be lynched so there was no reason for scum!Sky to avoid that wagon. 
This was never a guarantee at any point. I stated myself that I could have jumped off the wagon at some point if CF7 just actually fucking tried. But he didn't, and he got lynched.

It's a misrep because NNR presents a fake situation (that Kingault was the easiest vote) and that my vote was because Kingault is apparently a newbie.  I stated consistently that Kingault's vote was scummy and it was, in fact, the easiest vote in the Universe.  It's doubly misrep because NNR made this point out to be bigger than it really is. 
It's not misrep. You were voting Kingault for easy reasons without taking a single glance into his motivations or his intent. You simply voted him for doing it.
The wagon on CF7 was based on what is more believably scum-motivated intentions, which became more clear and obvious as the day dragged on and CF7 refused to do anything, eventually culinating in him refusing to claim and basically admitting he was scum via defeatism and lack of town cooperation.

I stated the reasons for my Serela vote switch was because I was suspicious of the Hikari/Kingault interaction.  It's relevant because he is painting a picture of me hopping on to a wagon for no reason, intending to discredit my vote even more. When I highlight this to NNR (that he completely ignored what I had done and why I had done it) he ignored what I had to say.  It's confirmation bias.
Bullshit and backpedaling. Your jump was scummy and let you get off your weird Kingault stance for awhile. I've already gone over why your entire case on Sacchi is also bullshit and why you're wrong for pushing him.

It would have been easier and strategically more sound for scum!Sky to have bussed CF7, so this point doesn't hold water. 
But it makes sense, and Scum Bussing does not always mean instant town cred. You probably have a buddy who DID bus, even, just so you both wouldn't be caught as one or the other.

I voted in my second post for Kingault because he made a bad vote (which most players agree with); I had no way of knowing that King was going to apathy out the rest of the day, so this is an invalid argument. 
So why didn't you switch off when he went apathy-mode and continued to push it?

Anyway, I just can't see how you can wrap your head to say "Sky's vote on Kingault was to save a scumbuddy" but won't consider "Kingault's bad vote was bussing a scum buddy." 
Glorious scuicidal bastard etc etc. Also insert all the stuff about Sacchi.

I never said it was a gambit.  NNR misquoted me for profit.
Let me type that phrase in a different way.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #562 on: March 12, 2014, 05:44:17 PM »
When I said "It was a gambit" I meant "I'm going to say that my incredibly shitty vote was a trap to give myself a fake reason to incriminate another user, who may have actually unvoted me for completely unrelated reasons to my 'ruse'"

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #563 on: March 12, 2014, 05:45:53 PM »
I'm also implying that anyone who uses "It was a gambit" as an excuse to do incredibly stupid and game-ruining things should be set on fire and then shot and then lynched.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #564 on: March 12, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »
Speaking of ruses, what happened to that Sacchi read anyway Skypal? Huh? Huh?

After all that work it seems like you dropped it completely! Isn't that a bit strange?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #565 on: March 12, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »
Well Shadoweh, you asked for it and here it is. (it's not like I was doing this just for you, baka!)
So, I was doing exactly what I was trying to do but couldn't articulate until Bard forced me to, when I came across something suspicious.
I apologize if this seems crude, but it looks like this:

When SB defended CF7 here and here, he made a point of agreeing with someone else who was defending him.
This sort of thing seems really scummy. When you sheep someone's case, you're supposed to put in some of your own thoughts so that other players have something to work off of. This is just as true when you're defending someone. The advantage of reinforcing other people's defenses as opposed to their cases is that there's no vote to record, so you'd have to actually read and remember the post to point to it. Of course, one instance of defending a flipped scum isn't suspicious, nor is one instance of buddying a defense, but more than one IS.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #566 on: March 12, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
...This is actually a good point.

##Unvote

Don't know if I want a quickhammer, catching up on other stuff now.

No it isn't.  I have a role that let's me know I can receive some crap. Optimally one gift per 3 phases so I look at skypal being given the gift of a role PM eventually a little skeptically

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #567 on: March 12, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »
This is also why I look at BTs claim funny

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #568 on: March 12, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »
Oarfish that image looks a little cut off. Is that intentional?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #569 on: March 12, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
LOOK JUST TRUST ME DAN
ALSO STOP ROLECLAIMING
I AM 100% CERTAIN OF WHAT I AM SAYING

I'm tempted to just wait for the other adults to come back >_> Bard and I are being drowned out by the sounds of screaming. Also I just got home from sushi and im feeling fat and sleepy! I'm also not sure what that thing is @_@ Every interaction ever with CF7? My god

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia